The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

100 Murex is the Event's doom

MobyTheDuck

Case 1: Meta squads kill 100 Murex fast. Flotilla is now useless and will need at least one hour to return. Players will get blocked out from getting a higher rank emblem.

Case 2: Flotilla doesnt gets 100 kills. Everyone is cheated out of the bonus reward.

Case 3*: Meta squads kill 15 Murex..... and leaves. Since there is a 10k credit cap, there is no reason for them to kill any more. The flotilla doesnt gets 100 kills, everyone including the meta squad gets cheated.

The 3 hour limit is already retarded since there is only a 10 minute downtime, but the 100 kill limit (which was not announced until the event started) is double retarded. Busy flotillas might as well be Empty, since most people are afk and the ground squads outnumber space squads 6 to 1. Big surprise since less than 1% of the player base bothered with Railjack (The Steam stat shows 1.3% of the players every built a Railjack, so without taking into account the people that play outside Steam, plus achievement cheaters, that number is even smaller)

As it stands, 2/3 of you battle pay is tied to whether or not the flotilla reaches 100/100. This encourages people to avoid low completion servers and invokes chance to determine whether or not people who join flotillas early in the cycle will be screwed out of the lions share of their rewards.

So currently there is no reason to immediately join a flotilla at the start of the round and actually a HUGE incentive to wait and see which ones are guaranteed to reach the goal before joining. Once more players catch on to this, this event is going to become a giant game a chicken.

I joined one yesterday at the start of the cycle and by an hour in it had only reached 25/100, 15 of which were my squad. Nobody was joining and nobody was going to because not enough people joined early on to get the number to look promising. So the flotilla stagnated and eventually I saw 2 space squads and 4 ground squads fighting in vain and I decided to quit for the night and chalk my efforts up to a waste. I got ~7k points and my rank3 badge this morning, but obviously no 10k credit cache.

Thanks DE, for designing an event that encourages people to only help the tenno that need it the least.

Edited by MobyTheDuck
  • Like 17

even though the murex side of scarlet spear is faster, more rewarding, they focused too much on boarding.

boost beacon to point > boost to door > MD. railjack fighting? nah. if they had actually enforced railjack fighting you would have even less space groups because of lack of veil ready ships.

railjack imo could have been something nice, but they tried enforcing coop play in a non coop friendly game.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

even though the murex side of scarlet spear is faster, more rewarding, they focused too much on boarding.

Yeah, its easier. But pretty much no one has one. Seems that every flotilla has 2 space teams and 6+ ground teams.

I host space, but no one ever joins, they always go to ground teams. When I manage to join a space team, they are either going for enemy ships instead of just going to the objective or have the starting railjack that goes at snail pace and can take as many hits as a dorito chip.

I don't particularly like the limitations, though as a learning experience it might make for events that have multiple rewards better in the future.  Still the 100 murex and the time limit is a bit weird.

More importantly learning and being confident is not easy and some people get obnoxious about the event even though they have only been in one or two waves themselves.

A drawback to your arguments though is the fact that most flotillas go to 100 of 100 murex dispatched every wave.  They are filling up and succeeding most of the time.  It will probably drop off and not really keep people interested for too much more time.  It just isn't exactly engaging as an event.

3 hours ago, MobyTheDuck said:

Yeah, its easier. But pretty much no one has one. Seems that every flotilla has 2 space teams and 6+ ground teams.

I host space, but no one ever joins, they always go to ground teams. When I manage to join a space team, they are either going for enemy ships instead of just going to the objective or have the starting railjack that goes at snail pace and can take as many hits as a dorito chip.

hmm, and still people complain about ground not getting enough points... and i'm sure the buggers in space got thougher since yesterday too (not much, but enough to make me break a little seat while soloing... again and involuntarily). sadly you're right about to few hosting and not many even willing to join up - though i just had the opposite too - we were sitting on hot iron in the 5th murex and the last ground crew gone awol... took us about 10 minutes to figure that out and then we decided to leave the premises too. guess that was the needed 'exception' from the rule ^^)

This could be a problem when most of the people are “finished” with the grind before the event ends. Which may screw up people that joined late due to the lack of space teams that prevents people to get the bonus. I believe the fix is to remove the 100 murex and instead add a minimum requirement of 1000 total points in space or ground acquired in the flotilla to be eligible for the bonus.

Edited by DrivaMain

5 hours ago, MobyTheDuck said:

But pretty much no one has one.

The real question on this is... why?

Railjack can be a grind, sure, but it's not exactly hard to build one and kit it out. Railjack came out 3 months ago, and it took me maybe... two weeks to kit it out with a decent loadout? It's actually easier now since they hotfixed the drops and tweaked reactor quality.

Devs should have tried harder to address the problem of why people find Railjack undesirable.

I guess this explains why I always top the leaderboard for kill codes received, though.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

This could be a problem when most of the people are “finished” with the grind before the event ends. Which may screw up people that joined late due to the lack of space teams that prevents people to get the bonus. I believe the fix is to remove the 100 murex and instead add a minimum requirement of 1000 total points in space or ground acquired in the flotilla to be eligible for the bonus.

There's already been threads about how the less populated regions are struggling to hit 100 murex.

8 hours ago, MobyTheDuck said:

It might be faster, but it's certainly not easier. I get extraction on the Ground mission when enemies are level 60 or so. Sure, I can keep going, but I get to leave when I can't handle the enemies any more. In space, I was fighting level 160 Kosma Grineer before I could extract. Damn near lost the mission on a few occasions because - yes - my Railjack is not Veil-ready. I ended up playing my own Railjack because despite enabling "matchmaking" for Railjack, it's still the same S#&$ matchmaking we had before. If you have a premade squad, you can only host, never join, meaning you can only ever use the host's Railjack.

37 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

It might be faster, but it's certainly not easier. I get extraction on the Ground mission when enemies are level 60 or so. Sure, I can keep going, but I get to leave when I can't handle the enemies any more. In space, I was fighting level 160 Kosma Grineer before I could extract. Damn near lost the mission on a few occasions because - yes - my Railjack is not Veil-ready. I ended up playing my own Railjack because despite enabling "matchmaking" for Railjack, it's still the same S#&$ matchmaking we had before. If you have a premade squad, you can only host, never join, meaning you can only ever use the host's Railjack.

Actually, you can extract at any time using the Navigation. And you're not punished for failing to complete all 5, so there's no reason NOT to keep going until all OpLinks are destroyed, if you happen to think it's impossible.

Unfortunately, literally anybody on the squad can choose to go back to the flotilla that way, without any kind of vote, ending the mission for the whole squad.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

9 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

if they had actually enforced railjack fighting you would have even less space groups because of lack of veil ready ships.

Soo true, I did tidal wave since it came, since im not a high MR, i just got to Veil past week and was able to fabric my first MK3 weapon, railjack its far from being ready for this event, and cant even go into flotilla because i just auto spam in my unprepared railjack.

So do you have to be in the dojo to get the bonus?  

We hit 100 last night with 30 minutes on timer so I left and did my sortie.  I didn't notice anything different.  

The rules on this event are complex, I've only played last night, but I don't get how the score works.  

Just now, Educated_Beast said:

So do you have to be in the dojo to get the bonus?  

We hit 100 last night with 30 minutes on timer so I left and did my sortie.  I didn't notice anything different.  

The rules on this event are complex, I've only played last night, but I don't get how the score works.  

I usually recieived them when back in the orbiter you receive an email from little duck with the bonus.

1 minute ago, prodi1600 said:

I usually recieived them when back in the orbiter you receive an email from little duck with the bonus.

You will actually get the mail right away. I did, and was able to check it from right in the flotilla. You just don't have Ordis there telling you about it.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Actually, you can extract at any time using the Navigation. And you're not punished for failing to complete all 5, so there's no reason NOT to keep going until all OpLinks are destroyed, if you happen to think it's impossible.

Wait, we can? Man, I sure wish I knew that yesterday. I mean, the game thus far has taught me that abandoning my mission takes away my rewards. I know Railjack lets you warp out manually after completing a mission, but I didn't see the "Mission Complete!" screen at all during Scarlet Spear. Maybe I missed it. OK, that makes it a lot LESS annoying, then. We felt trapped in that mission, my friend and I, increasingly frustrated by circumstances. If that's how it works, then I can stick around for a Murex or two and bail before enemies scale out of my ability to handle them.

Hell, this might even be soloable (which it would have to be, because nobody ever joins my Railjack crew...), since it seems like the space fight barely matters. The Sentients are usually too busy playing with the Grineer and all I have to worry about is Boarders.

Thanks for the heads-up!

15 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Wait, we can? Man, I sure wish I knew that yesterday. I mean, the game thus far has taught me that abandoning my mission takes away my rewards. I know Railjack lets you warp out manually after completing a mission, but I didn't see the "Mission Complete!" screen at all during Scarlet Spear. Maybe I missed it. OK, that makes it a lot LESS annoying, then. We felt trapped in that mission, my friend and I, increasingly frustrated by circumstances. If that's how it works, then I can stick around for a Murex or two and bail before enemies scale out of my ability to handle them.

Hell, this might even be soloable (which it would have to be, because nobody ever joins my Railjack crew...), since it seems like the space fight barely matters. The Sentients are usually too busy playing with the Grineer and all I have to worry about is Boarders.

Thanks for the heads-up!

When the event started, I had attempted to solo, and got about 2.5 Murex in before my OpLink was destroyed.

If I used a Limbo or Frost, it's probably doable. It would just be slower than using 4 OpLinks.

And yeah, nothing tells you that using Navigation lets you leave early, but it seems you can access it any time you want in the Murex raid. I'm pretty sure each Murex taken down counts for good, since it sends a message to the whole flotilla that it happened right away (instead of waiting until you leave).

Edited by DrakeWurrum

24 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

When the event started, I had attempted to solo, and got about 2.5 Murex in before my OpLink was destroyed.

Yeah, not saying that I WILL solo it - just that I can if nobody joins. Because nobody ever join. Either way, thank you kindly for the heads-up.

12 hours ago, MobyTheDuck said:

The 3 hour limit is already retarded since there is only a 10 minute downtime

As a point, without the 10 minute downtime the servers would not be able to process the scores of everyone that connected and got scores on each and then trigger the system to dole out the bonus rewards.

The whole 100 Murex limit is kind of debatable, I'm not getting into that argument.

Just saying that the mechanics of the timers is there for a very good reason and without that 10 minute gap in the waves you wouldn't be getting the bonuses.

16 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

As a point, without the 10 minute downtime the servers would not be able to process the scores of everyone that connected and got scores on each and then trigger the system to dole out the bonus rewards.

The whole 100 Murex limit is kind of debatable, I'm not getting into that argument.

Just saying that the mechanics of the timers is there for a very good reason and without that 10 minute gap in the waves you wouldn't be getting the bonuses.

Its not like every other event had a time gate and downtime to process the players scores. Having both a time gate AND a 100 kill goal to give the bonus is stupid when they could just add the bonus to the normal rewards but increasing them.

Edited by MobyTheDuck

36 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Yeah, not saying that I WILL solo it - just that I can if nobody joins. Because nobody ever join. Either way, thank you kindly for the heads-up.

Well there is no match-making for it, which is why nobody ever joins. You have to build the group yourself the old-fashioned way. I've been using recruitment chat.

Bothers me to no end, because it feels like I'm living in the MMO stone age.

20 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Honestly, I'm find with the time gate. I think it's the 100 Murex requirement/limit that really is hurting the event.

I would rather see the event designed such that you have 3 hours to take down as many Murex as you can, and then your reward scales based on that number for the whole flotilla.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Just now, MobyTheDuck said:

Its not like every other event had a time gate and downtime to process the players scores.

No other event featured a stress test on a system linking individual squad instances together across a hosted server with active monitoring of progress for up to 50 players at a time before either.

This is the test to see if Squad Link actually works, ya goober, there's so much going on under the hood that there's literally five different cases where I (somebody who only knows the basics of networking and the peer-to-peer system DE maintains) can see where DE are compensating with manual methods for something that will eventually run in the background if it's successful.

There's a reason for it, one that I appear to know, and you don't, so I was helping you clear that up.

33 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

There's a reason for it, one that I appear to know, and you don't, so I was helping you clear that up.

Yeah, makes sense.

Still, if they wanted to stress test stuff first, they could have done a test event. They did with Index and then never again.

I would like if there would be no murex limit and the timer would be an hour or an hour and a half(whatever is enough so a semi decent squad can get the tier 3 emblem), and all the timer would do is to give you the bonus via inbox and MAYBE reset the leaderbord. I neither do have enough time to be there for 3 whole goddam hours waiting for my reward and neither my potato PC can handle 3 hours of warframe(personal issue I know)