Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bonus payout only when Murex (100/100) is reached sucks

DarkRuler2500

It sucks hard that you only get the bonus payout when your flottilla reaches 100/100 murex.

I am grinding ground mission for about 2 hours now but we will probably not make it on flottilla 87 cuz 20 minutes left at 63/100.

How about making it that you get your bonus calculated with a factor. If you get 100/100 you get 100%. If you get 50/100 you get half and so on. How about that @[DE]Rebecca

Loosing your bonus just because you havent had enough players in the flottilla sucks. Because its effectively "Haha, you only got 1/3 of what you were supposed to get".

Edited by DarkRuler2500
  • Like 16

29 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

How about making it that you get your bonus calculated with a factor. If you get 100/100 you get 100%. If you get 50/100 you get half and so on.

Going to stop you there.

Why not just get rid of the bonus entirely and give those individual squads what they earned as a reward, instead of hiding their true reward behind a bonus? 

The issue with that design to begin with is flawed, what happens when most players get what they want, or don't play - this time around or in the future? Then the likelihood of the bonus being awarded becomes less and less over time. There are already posts on reddit of many murex bonuses being half done when the timer ended, and a few I've seen in the high 90s with no bonus.

Again, remove the horrible "bonus" system and just give players what they earned.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, --Aegis--MR9 said:

Why would you expect a bonus when you have done nothing that warrants one? Bonus is for defeating the entire wave, you can not expect a bonus for every time you play the event. 

Join a busy flotilla and work together.

And if the flotilla glitches and prevents kill codes from being received? Was your time worth 1/3 of others because the game prevented you from reaching 100?

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
  • Like 3

Just now, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

And if the flotilla glitches and prevents kill codes from being received? Was you time worth less because the game prevented you from reaching 100?

Then the issue is with game glitches and bugs, it has nothing to do with bonus mechanism. You can report said bug, hope for devs to fix it or play ground for a while. 

Recent hotfix should solve most of the SS issues anyway. 

1 minute ago, --Aegis--MR9 said:

Then the issue is with game glitches and bugs, it has nothing to do with bonus mechanism. You can report said bug, hope for devs to fix it or play ground for a while. 

The issue has been with bugs and glitches all along, basically, but so far Hotfixes have failed to solve it.

Most of these problems wouldn't exist if DE hadn't decided on such a messy and completely unnecessarily convoluted reward structure. It's on them for deciding to do it this way.

• Like 5

Just now, --Aegis--MR9 said:

Doesn't change the fact that a glitch can halt all meaningful progress through no fault of the players.

The squad link is pointless and only interferes with progress. The 100 murex limit only serves to time gate the event and often forces players to wait over an hour between cycles to progress. The 100 limit also makes it where if you arrive late to the arbitrary event timer you have no way to progress and it forces competition between players instead of allowing cooperation. It's a horribly designed event.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

The issue has been with bugs and glitches all along, basically, but so far Hotfixes have failed to solve it.

Most of these problems wouldn't exist if DE hadn't decided on such a messy and completely unnecessarily convoluted reward structure. It's on them for deciding to do it this way.

Exactly. Also, even if you complete 100 waves early, have time left, and then move to another relay (because you don't know better), you lose the bonus from the previous one. As if the game couldn't give the bonus once all the waves are completed, rather than when the timer ends.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Doesn't change the fact that a glitch can halt all meaningful progress through no fault of the players.

The squad link is pointless and only interferes with progress. The 100 murex limit only serves to time gate the event and often forces players to wait over an hour between cycles to progress. The 100 limit also makes it where if you arrive late to the arbitrary event timer you have no way to progress and it forces competition between players instead of allowing cooperation. It's a horribly designed event.

Its an event. The game has other things for you to do. You are free to do event missions in a different Flotilla when you are done 100/100 in the current one, you will no lose bonus. Jump into a less crowded Flotilla and help them. Or play something else. The event will stay another month or even more (Steve said they might extended it). 

I lost you on the competation thing, plenty of Flotillas out there with Murex to defeat, join less crowded instances.

Again, its an event, take it easy. It will be here for a while, let them fix the issues and optimize it. They are working from home, it isn't easy. The concept of oplink is a first one and we should give it some more time to become stable.

Edited by --Aegis--MR9

5 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Exactly. Also, even if you complete 100 waves early, have time left, and then move to another relay (because you don't know better), you lose the bonus from the previous one. As if the game couldn't give the bonus once all the waves are completed, rather than when the timer ends.

No you don't, not anymore. Please read yesterday's hotfix notes.

• Like 1

Just make is so that if you qualify for a tier 3 badge of Railjack or Earth, you get 10k bonus FOR EACH. This event lacks incentive to actually stay in 1 flotilla and finish it up. I don't know about you, but I have been just doing 3 tier 3 Earth badges per cycle and hoping the flotillas I leave finish up before the end of the rotation. You get less points and badges staying around....

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TwistedLogic81 said:

Yes, it still happens. Twice since the 'hotfix' I've gotten 100/100 and still no bonus payout. 

Which goes to show that adding a middle man that didn't need to be there was... a waste of time and a hassle that didn't need to be.

7 minutes ago, --Aegis--MR9 said:

Again, its an event, take it easy

Why defend a bad mechanic that doesn't have a right to be there? Just remove it and give the rewards earned immediately rather than through a convoluted process, even if it's just one extra step - it's obvious that's too much for DE.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, --Aegis--MR9 said:

Its an event. The game has other things for you to do. You are free to do event missions in a different Flotilla when you are done 100/100 in the current one, you will no lose bonus. Jump into a less crowded Flotilla and help them. Or play something else. The event will stay another month or even more (Steve said they might extended it). 

I lost you on the completion thing, plenty of Flotillas out there with Murex to defeat, join less crowded instances.

Again, its an event, take it easy. It will be here for a while, let them fix the issues and optimize it. They are working from home, it isn't easy. The concept of oplink is a first one and we should give it some more time to become stable.

So the event stops when you reach 100 murex. Your best score is doubled as bonus credits. So you can either do ground or space and up to 5,000 score to get your 10k bonus. Anything over 5k doesn't give you a bonus reward. If you go to a flotilla that has any progress completed then you have less potential time to reach 5k score since the event will end when it reaches 100 murex. And since progress doesn't carry over between flotillas you have to pick one where you want to play to earn your points.

Also, working from home has no merit here. DE could have delayed the event until it was ready. They decided it was good enough for release. Now they have to deal with the consequences of their decision. Sure, it may take longer to fix as a result, but no one forced them to release it if working from home was going to be a problem. And let's not pretend that even when they were working in the office that their last few updates have been anything close to good.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
  • Like 3

Even if you're in a flotilla that gets 100/100 and hang around until the timer runs out, there's a good chance you won't get the bonus anyway.  I just finished one.  The 100/100 goal had been reached 15 minutes before the end of the timer.  I sat there doing *nothing* for that whole time just to try to be sure to get it.  I got an email with the rank 2 emblem, and no bonus credits at all.

On the bright side, I've finally slogged through enough of this mess to get both of the weapons.  Which means that I'm done with this.  I do not care about the 50,000 point emblem, or sigil, or whatever it is.  I'd kind of like to get the decorations. but I think they're worth about a tenth of the asking price.  I'm not even going to consider dealing with this nonsense for Arcanes.

So... good luck.  I'm done.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

.Also, working from home has no merit here. DE could have delayed the event until it was ready. They decided it was good enough for release. Now they have to deal with the consequences of their decision. Sure, it may take longer to fix as a result, but no one forced them to release it if working from home was going to be a problem. And let's not pretend that even when they were working in the office that their last few updates have been anything close to good.

Search Scarlet Spears in the forum and read pre-event posts, people are going nuts because of the delays and asking for the event to drop soon. Also, please count how many DElayed jokes are there. 

I agree with you about their recent updates being buggy and unimpressive. But, in the end of the day, its a free game. I recently paid 30 bucks for a game and their server was down for 3-4 days after launch so I appreciate the things DE does to keep the game updated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, --Aegis--MR9 said:

Search Scarlet Spears in the forum and read pre-event posts, people are going nuts because of the delays and asking for the event to drop soon. Also, please count how many DElayed jokes are there. 

I agree with you about their recent updates being buggy and unimpressive. But, in the end of the day, its a free game. I recently paid 30 bucks for a game and their server was down for 3-4 days after launch so I appreciate the things DE does to keep the game updated.

No, just no. The community has zero say when it comes to releasing content. As a console player I am begging DE to NOT release Scarlet Spear for at least a few weeks. I do not want this buggy mess. Consoles already had to suffer through Empyrean with no support for 6 weeks.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

It sucks hard that you only get the bonus payout when your flottilla reaches 100/100 murex.

I am grinding ground mission for about 2 hours now but we will probably not make it on flottilla 87 cuz 20 minutes left at 63/100.

How about making it that you get your bonus calculated with a factor. If you get 100/100 you get 100%. If you get 50/100 you get half and so on. How about that @[DE]Rebecca

Loosing your bonus just because you havent had enough players in the flottilla sucks. Because its effectively "Haha, you only got 1/3 of what you were supposed to get".

Here is what should be done, allow surplus of uploaded codes to simply be on stock, that way if there are no ground squads working at the same time as RJ squads then at least they will be able to download codes from people who did a few runs earlier.

• Like 1

S-Seriously?

I mean... how much are the players cooperating in your Flotilia? Our Flotilia managed to take down 100 Murexes in about a hour, we communicate with each other and actually assist each other using Reinforcements when our Oplinks are dying. I am basically SPEEDING through Scarlet Spear rn so much I had too much time for it!

В 28.03.2020 в 02:53, VanFanel1980mx сказал:

Here is what should be done, allow surplus of uploaded codes to simply be on stock, that way if there are no ground squads working at the same time as RJ squads then at least they will be able to download codes from people who did a few runs earlier.

That IS actually a thing! There's a cache of Kill Codes that Railjacks can access! Ground team sends codes to Scarlet Spear, then Scarlet Spear distributes codes to Space team.

• Like 1