Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think the nail is in the coffin?

InsuranceFraud

1 hour ago, Kajin_Style said:

Sure they stumbled, but they are fast with the hotfixes and patches. You wanna see a bad dev company that has no idea where it is going or what it is doing? Go try Fortnite: Save the World. The long forgot, completely ignored other half of Fortnite that no one cares about even in Epic.

True. 

Add to that list EA, Activision, Tencent, Take 2 and Microsoft.

Basically, what I am saying is let's give them a few more big content updates to see how they connect everything to Railjack and then decide. If they can't do that and fumble with the next batch updates then all this criticism is warranted. Otherwise it is shortsighted.

PoE, Liches, Railjack and Fortuna. Yes four strikes. How many more do we have to allow. Five strikes? They had seven years trying to connect everything. Shall we give them 14 years? (2013-2020) Warframe, Next?

Shortsighted? Let me put it this way, if they continue sucking hard like they did in 2019 in the PS5 and the new XboX console that are SSD based with more capacity then this game is done. Simple. The ball is in their court. They got all the chances in this generation. 

After this, I'll continue with Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Spider Man 2, Horizon Zero Dawn 2 and No Man Sky. It depends on DE if I download or not Warframe on the PS5. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

PoE, Liches, Railjack and Fortuna. Yes four strikes. How many more do we have to allow. Five strikes? They had seven years trying to connect everything. Shall we give them 14 years? (2013-2020) Warframe, Next?

Shortsighted? Let me put it this way, if they continue sucking hard like they did in 2019 in the PS5 and the new XboX console that are SSD based with more capacity then this game is done. Simple. The ball is in their court. They got all the chances in this generation. 

After this, I'll continue with Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Spider Man 2, Horizon Zero Dawn 2 and No Man Sky. It depends on DE if I download or not Warframe on the PS5. 

PoE and Fortuna were experiments to see if they can do open world and it proves successful-ish? I will admit some of the details need rework like the loot and mats only working there and no where else.

I don't consider Railjack to be a strike. I find it awe inspiring, the scope and scale they can do in their in-house engine. Yes it was a buggy #*!%ing mess when released cause I dealt with my share of that during the holidays but I still enjoyed it and where they were planning to take it. I can see it being something awesome after they get the bugs out (which they did and continue to do) and when they add some actual meaty content to it.

Liches isn't a strike for either. I didn't burn through them like others on their first release. I was too busy catching up on other content and then railjack dropped so I played that. Now that Scarlet Spear is out I am enjoying the liches more as they provide some side content to toy with.

Honestly, go play other games. It helps. I get burned out on Warframe's repetitive shooter nature regularly and go try something new and fresh. By the time I return a new update or 3 has dropped and I excited for warframe once more. A lot of the vets here have burned through the content faster than DE can make. Like that one streamer who did all of Railjack in 24hrs. Impressive but damn I bet that stung a bit to see a player can do that.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Kajin_Style said:

PoE and Fortuna were experiments to see if they can do open world and it proves successful-ish? I will admit some of the details need rework like the loot and mats only working there and no where else.

I don't consider Railjack to be a strike. I find it awe inspiring, the scope and scale they can do in their in-house engine. Yes it was a buggy #*!%ing mess when released cause I dealt with my share of that during the holidays but I still enjoyed it and where they were planning to take it. I can see it being something awesome after they get the bugs out (which they did and continue to do) and when they add some actual meaty content to it.

Liches isn't a strike for either. I didn't burn through them like others on their first release. I was too busy catching up on other content and then railjack dropped so I played that. Now that Scarlet Spear is out I am enjoying the liches more as they provide some side content to toy with.

Honestly, go play other games. It helps. I get burned out on Warframe's repetitive shooter nature regularly and go try something new and fresh. By the time I return a new update or 3 has dropped and I excited for warframe once more. A lot of the vets here have burned through the content faster than DE can make. Like that one streamer who did all of Railjack in 24hrs. Impressive but damn I bet that stung a bit to see a player can do that.

The promise of Railjack and what they have executed on have been a dissapointment. Like the Plains, RJ is still a buggy mess. For example, frequently in squads the game just kind of thinks that someone is in Archwing inside the ship. Doors don't work, you float everywhere and can use your AW weapon, but you're not able to leave the RJ or go to spoiler mode. You have to hope that you somehow fall out of the Railjack and then teleport yourself back in. RJ does still need a lot of rebalancing and work to fix the material grind that's an absolute killer for it. Steam Achievements say only 1.5% of players have built an RJ (1.3% for killing a Kuva Lich). I feel that the most ridiculous part of the grind for RJ is Titanium. 15000 per T3 piece is nuts. Once you get a top tier RJ with Mk 3 parts then the moment to moment game play is fun. I enjoy hopping into my RJ and playing that mode, but the grind for it is absolutely insane.

The promise of Liches and what they have executed on have been a dissapointment. It's nowhere near the Shadow of War/Shadow of Mordor model that Steve touted it as. While I understand that it's not reasonable to expect WF to add in a nemesis system that copies games that have it as a foundational core, DE's implementation is lackluster. To make it similar to the Shadow of War/Mordor nemesis system that Steve is attempting to ape the Lich should spring into being when a Grineer ends up landing the killing blow on you. Then it levels up as it kills you/you kill it until you figure out the parazon combo. It gets a fighter ship, then crew ship, then capital ship as it gets stronger and stronger. Other people have filled out a lot more details on redoing the Lich system on the forums on on reddit, so I'll leave that for now. Suffice it to say that what we got is not even close to what the promise of Liches.

Scarlet Spear is also another buggy mess. It's good for grinding out arcanes, but that's really the only reason to run it. I finished my SS arcane grind 4? days ago, and I don't forsee going back to it. I put in the work to overcome the bugs, lost progress, missing credits, disconnects, crashes to desktop and poor reward structure to get the things that I wanted.

And that's the core of the problem with the recent releases that DE has done. When they roll out content that is buggy, broken, and grindy af, you have to work through all of that to get to the reward. Once you've put in the work to overcome the failures that DE has left in that content to get the reward you don't want to touch that content ever again. This isn't just a problem with the most recent releases (eg. Khora grind in Sanctuary Onslaught) but it has been consistently in the last 3 releases. And that's a bigger long term problem for DE than just having vets burn through new content.

If the content DE releases is a buggy, broken, grind with a couple of good rewards then people won't go back to that content once they have their item. DE are investing time and resources into making a bunch of dispossable content which is not a good return on investment for them as a company. For example, Sanctuary Onslaught, Thermia fractures, etc.  Their goal should be to release well conceived, implemented, and engaging content that people want to go back to. Railjack with a hell of a lot of work could be that because even with the problems I mentioned with it, the moment to moment gameplay is fun.

I hope DE has their "come to jesus" meeting and realizes that they need to fix what's the game, and that they need to go back to several years ago when fun was what they were striving for. DE took the "coptering" exploit and turned it into the parkour system that we all know and love. Rather than patching something out or nerfing it, they embraced it because it was fun to the community. DE needs to get back to those roots of embracing the fun and silly "unintended gameplay" mechanics that the community finds, instead of being the fun police and constantly hitting things with a hammer.

• Like 2

Yes, their engine scales up to open worlds. They should update their 3d engine with the current Unreal engine 4, Unigine 2, Unity 3d or any other engine. However they have their proprietary code for it. PoE and Fortuna are barren lands. They need to get populated with events, carriers and more scenes. It looks like a ghost town. The same with PoE. It can have a gigantic Galleon deploying troops and minor gun boats. Right now those areas are nowhere near completion. Too many isles without a unit. 

Yes it is. Is horse excrement and manure in comparison to the demo they showed. However if there where no demo shown Railjack is a fair attempt for what it does. Again, delivery versus what they showed. What they delivered is a joke in comparison to the 'fluidity' and all the ideas gathered TWO YEARS AGO. They are nowhere near the demo. That will become possible in the PS5 and Xbox Series X. Time will tell. 

But they are. Recycling old weapons is not new content. Spray painting and changing stats doesn't make it for me. However Ayanga, Bramma, Chakkhurr and the hammer are few of the fresh material. Having the system of Liches is better than having none. At least these are 'quests' to get new hardware and weapons in the game. It's a good attempt but the grind of five formas to level those weapons up is just a hassle. This is cheap content grinding for veterans. 

I play other games. Titan Fall 2, Overwatch, Horizon Zero Dawn, No Man Sky, Batman Arkham City, Shadows of the Colossus, Redout, Whipeout Omega, Whitness, Fez among many other that lives in my PS4 HDD. On my list to acquire I have The Last of Us 2, Horizon Zero 2 and Tsushima for PS5. Another one I'm planing to have is Doom Eternal for the PS5. Doom Eternal got the game play right. 

I'm sure that if Warframe passes away, many other games will take that place. Up to now I'm not investing in the game. Everything about Warframe is in a halt. DE should pour some dedication and play their own game more often in order to make me invest more money into it. DE right now is doing an efficient performance killing their own game. Looks like they are good at that. 

Edited by Felsagger

14 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Up to now I'm not investing in the game. Everything about Warframe is in a halt. DE should pour some dedication and play their own game more often in order to make me invest more money into it. DE right now is doing an efficient performance killing their own game. Looks like they are good at that. 

If you don’t invest in the game, how will DE make it better? 🤔

12 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

They had their chance for seven years. The torch belongs to another developer and other games like Boundary. 

Boundary? Isn’t that a first-person deathmatch game amongst astronauts set in low earth orbit?

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

Six degrees of freedom, physics collisions, jet pack mechanics team based strategy fps. That's one of the many games. The other one is Doom Eternal, LoU2 among many others. 

Besides Warframe could get interesting if they draw some elements from games like Breath of the Wild. That Zelda had one of the best open world theme exploration. Warframe can expand the levels and focus on some exploration too. All doesn't need to be about the grinding. Puzzle solving, exploration and the search for hidden lore in the game may add the interest many are searching for. 

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Boundary? Isn’t that a first-person deathmatch game amongst astronauts set in low earth orbit?

edit: Looks a lot like Call of Duty, except the players are floating around

That seems more entertaining than Warframe now, lol. 

• Like 1

Hrmmmm 🤔. No worries then, @Felsagger. I’ll help foot the bill for DE’s paychecks, letting them do their thing and create their vision, and you can reap the rewards later (I’ll not hold it against you; others were paying the bill for me when I took a break). Perhaps they will draw from Breath of the Wild and add more puzzles 🤷‍♀️ Dunno. I did love BotW and am enjoying Doom, and if either of them inspire Warframe I’d consider that pretty neat (I like the mercy kills even if I rarely get them 😋)

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

DE keeps freshening up the game and every goddamned time some nerd has to post some garbage about nails in the coffin.

Here's a hot tip, my dude - they're not even shopping for coffins yet.  They're planning to bring Warframe over to the next console generation.  Eat those nails yourself.

• Like 3

There've been talks about this for several months now.

Obviously, if it happens it probably won't be a good thing. I more or less trust Leyou to be careful with their cash cow, since Warframe is their biggest product they're probably not going to rock the boat too much. Tencent, different story on all accounts.

..aaaand anti-chinese tinfoil hatters in 3... 2... 1...

nothing is set in stone yet, these talks have been going on for a while. it is important to bear in mind though that the videogame industry is notorious for focusing more on the short term than the long term: they want ALL the money, right NOW, and for many shareholders, even massive profits are still "below expectations", so stuff like this should be taken with a grain of salt.

the words we should be looking for are "creative control": whoever holds this is the one that decides where the game goes content wise. Creative Control of warframe has always belonged to DE, even after Leyou came into the picture, if you see confirmation that creative control is being given up to someone else, THAT's when we should start being concerned.

• Like 6

Well, given how bad the past 3-4 updates, it makes sense if the deal was actually done. I mean, it's the principal of business: 1: spend as little money to get best profit, 2: buy and sell as soon as price drops. In this case Leyou wanted to get the most bang for their buck by selling Warframe right now when they still 'looks' profitable, so they can get the most of it and won't get any losses if Warframe loses anymore players.

That being said, if Warframe got owned by Tencent...well, that's going to be a repeat of the chinese warframe incident. There's not gonna be any recovery from that.

Edited by (NSW)RATHURUE

Lets be honest, most of us knew warframe was part owned by a Chinese company that is primarily out for profit from online games and based on other games in the portfolio warframe is surprisingly still quite light in comparison.  In fact I don't actually blame the Chinese company for the downturn in the game because in all honesty apart from increased grind on some new bits there hasn't exactly been a huge increase in plat only content in my time playing the game. 

I put the issues with the game solely on the people leading the game direction, the thing is warframe would likely have been more profitable in the same timeframe if the people leading the games direction hadn't been so out of touch (to put it bluntly) with what is actually needed in warframe.   Not to mention the hype given to the updates from the adverts and articles based off 'previews and dev content', and then players come in and see the end results which we all know have been poor in comparison to what we've been promised.

It's pretty clear that long term profits link with enjoyment, most people I know pay into the game when they enjoy it and less so, if at all, when they don't.... as DE put's it there is 'tension' at the moment over the updates etc so it's pretty obvious in my eyes profit is going to be down.  

Yes DE will still be getting some cash from newbies but when you see long term players saying they're not going to buy the (overpriced) prime access this time and content creators are basically quitting there's clearly fundamental issue with the game direction/development that needs to be addressed if the game is going to stay long term.

• Like 4

These "news" must be taken with HUGE grain of salt, because we don't know everything that is going on behind the scenes. The way I see it, we can only hope for the best for warframe , in the coming months. 

On a side note, am REALLY, sick and tired of doom sayers, all over the community. Sometimes, I feel that a lot of ppl are waiting for warframe to die, just to proof a point. 

Edited by ryu-hayabusa1
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Yes DE will still be getting some cash from newbies but when you see long term players saying they're not going to buy the (overpriced) prime access this time and content creators are basically quitting there's clearly fundamental issue with the game direction/development that needs to be addressed if the game is going to stay long term.

The creative content that game had recently was below average. Even a game like Boundary is more entertaining and relevant in comparison to the performance we had the last two years. At this very moment I decided to hold my money and place it on developers who pushes hard the creative content in their games. Right now DE needs a good vacation and maybe start another project. 

If DE wants to stay long term the next generation they have to simply organize their house and improve the game significantly on the PS5 and next generation consoles. Right now the game is on a halt. To be honest people are in their houses reflecting, analyzing and understanding what is going on. Up to now the game is flopping hard and it is flopping in delivering fun. The delivery needs to improve. Their creative content is not the best right now. We need to wait what the new consoles will hold for this f2p. This f2p had a long flight. If it passes away, then so be it another game will take their place. 

Simple. 

2 hours ago, ryu-hayabusa1 said:

On a side note, am REALLY, sick and tired of doom sayers, all over the community. Sometimes, I feel that a lot of ppl are waiting for warframe to die, just to prove a point

Don't worry about it. DE is taking care of that agenda up to perfection. They are doing an outstanding job murdering Warframe. I never imagined how good they are at it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Aldain said:

At this rate people are going make a thread about THIS thread refusing to die.

Which will die first? This thread or Warframe? Taking all bets.

Betcha 100 Plat that this thread dies first.

• Like 2