Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be honest, how many of you don't know this yet?

whitefurr

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

You mean the gear wheel thing with pizzas, espers, etc?

Of course the controls change based on platgorm and csn be altered by us players.

no, he means you can press y while hacking to use a cypher

• Like 1

Sorry about that to clarify I'm on PC. There is no key config on the PC settings on what the Y is used for. It is a reserved key, it won't show it but pressing y during a hacking on PC auto uses the cipher. Hope this kinda helps to new or old player. XD

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

You mean the gear wheel thing with pizzas, espers, etc?

Of course the controls change based on platgorm and csn be altered by us players.

Sorry was referring to PC controls. Pressing Y during a hack auto uses the cipher. I believe it is same to all platforms but of course different key to press. Except on sortie, nightmare and Arbitration they can't be used.

51 minutes ago, whitefurr said:

I've been playing this game nearly a decade now. MR 26 with loads of experience and knowledge.
But I just learned last week the quick button to use the Gear Cipher is the "Y" button key. =(
I'm sorry. XD

I too was mr 26 before knowing there was a shortcut key for it.  I always used mouse to click button before.

i found it by accident about a year ago but i didnt find out until recently that there is no keybinding in the game that actually tells you that Y is used for something, at least that i can find.

Edited by Talinthis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, whitefurr said:

I've been playing this game nearly a decade now. MR 26 with loads of experience and knowledge.
But I just learned last week the quick button to use the Gear Cipher is the "Y" button key. =(
I'm sorry. XD

Everyone that does eidolon actively knows.

33 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

i found it by accident about a year ago but i didnt find out until recently that there is no keybinding in the game that actually tells you that Y is used for something, at least that i can find.

There are so many actually that the game didn't tell you but it is there. Like you can put your pet's bed outside the orbiter and it sleeps outside.

20 minutes ago, MPonder said:

Everyone that does eidolon actively knows.

I do eidoleons a whole lot and I didn't know this, a lot probably don't as most aren't probably knit picky like me on just moving the mouse to the cipher button. Wasn't bothering me, I just discovered this by accident while I accidentally press Y key while drinking coffee haha

12 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Interesting to note, that is hard coded to Y, since I have Y set to do some different non-default function in my control scheme.

I am the same but mine is Large pizza, I don't have those fancy keyboards or mouse but you have to do what you have to do to adjust right?

Real ninjas don't use ciphers... Unless they are the type you need to farm specific nodes for to beat the razorback. 

Real ninjas frantically press space or twist those twisty thingie till the door opens. 

I wish there was an actual ninja esque way to traverse those doors through a hidden entrance (I already know the ways around spy vaults, I meant for the rest of the game) 

4 hours ago, whitefurr said:

I'm sorry. XD

I only learned because I was looking up Trinity eidolon videos last year and saw some youtuber do it. Friggin awesome aye

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Real ninjas don't use ciphers...

real ninjas ain't got time to be messing with a boring and overused hacking minigame, and now that we can build 100 Ciphers at once, I'll never be hacking again outside of Nightmare and Sorties. it also helps I have the Untraceable Parazon mod, so a Cipher means instant and free invisibility for 15 seconds. 

• Like 1