Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What can DE say on the next Dev stream to appease You?

6 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Wait what? What's unplayable? I've been playing the game fine, and so have many others. 

This is my point exactly. They get people like you to make these hyperbolic claims on the forums and the nonsense spreads. 

My account is Felsager, MR28 PS4. I have seven years here playing this game. I know what is hyperbolic and what is not. I know who is telling the truth and who is not. I have a brain on my own. 

Thank you. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Its so easy to make a rant too. It's trash content. I can make a one hour video complaining about grind. Easy. I could make a rant video about the forums removing reactions. I can rant about "Mag being forgotten". Yeah, it can be based on truth, but making it seem like the game is falling into ruin because of it and worthy of hour long ranting is fake. 

This is how I know you’re not actually listening to what they’re saying, you’re just forming generalizations. I won’t say names, but there’s one partner in particular who was been uploading podcasts with other WF partners to his YouTube channel, where they just have a discourse about the game and how they feel about it. There’s no ranting, it’s not “trash content”, it’s just a couple of guys talking about what’s happening with the game they love(d).

I think you should just accept the fact that not everyone is happy with the current state of warframe, and those people’s opinions are just as valid as yours.

Edited by (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

This is how I know you’re not actually listening to what they’re saying, you’re just forming generalizations. I won’t say names, but there’s one partner in particular who was been uploading podcasts with other WF partners to his YouTube channel, where they just have a discourse about the game and how they feel about it. There’s no ranting, it’s not “trash content”, it’s just a couple of guys talking about what’s happening with the game they love(d).

I think you should just accept the fact that not everyone is happy with the current state of warframe, and those people’s opinions are just as valid as yours.

Now that is the voice of reason. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I can know for sure because of simple math and two numbers provided to us from DE. Since the forum accounts say 5.3 million there are no more forum accounts than that. We know from DE that the total number of users exceed 50 million. How do you not understand where the number 10% comes from? I mean it is bloody there, in print, by DE, on these very official forum's first page. Go look there if you are confused about where the 5.3 million comes from.

The only thing we cant say for sure is how many players out of the active playerbase are active, positive or negative on the forums. But the pattern likely follows the total, since it is fairly common with very low forum activity in games.

Atleast I provide proof we have access to, you still provide nothing about your claims that it isnt a minority.

I have no need to. You don’t have an accurate number towards your goal because again it’s a subjective one not one that can be based on definite fact or an actual margin of players. What you see as whining or being entitled can be taken in as something else by the next. Thus your conclusion can’t be correct not norwhere me correct that’s my point. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Id much rather stick to the vision of the group that has a track record of actually creating a successful game... And it isn't us. 

so Warframe is where it's currently at in spite of it's community? 

Edited by Fire2box

5 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I'm interested in this topic. If that is an issue I lower the count. Call this one the number 76

You’re not really interested in it though. You seem immensely confident that wareframe is a dying game, which I still think is ridiculous. People have valid reasons to be upset right now, but warframe isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

To start I would like to see scarlet spear extended with a scoring system that makes rewards strictly predictable based on the effort and success of your squad. 

Going forward, probably, "We're planning on making railjack FUN before continuing to try to shove it down your throats" 

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

You’re not really interested in it though. You seem immensely confident that wareframe is a dying game, which I still think is ridiculous. People have valid reasons to be upset right now, but warframe isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

How do you know? You are not reading my posts. The game will not go away. Everybody knows this. 

vor 39 Minuten schrieb Felsagger:

Yep, those. 

There are black screens when you mount the guns in your railjack. There are migration problems in the middle of the mission. Sometimes when I go through doors takes two seconds to go through in Railjack. In scarlet spear missions there are two seconds delay between warframe and tenno switching. I'm a speed player that relies on twitchy controllers for fraction of a second reaction. The switch between tenno and warframe lags too much. That transition needs to be faster. 

The aliment of the engine motors and the Caballero skin in warframe. There is a shift in the position of the engines. 

When I get off the turret in my railjack the games sits me back in it when I have invading forcers. 

When I use the Omni to clean fires or breaks in the ship, the repair doesn't happen due to the lag. Sometimes I have to spray more than usual so the game updates the repair. 

These are issues that we have now. As you see these are game performance issues. These are not things that I want. It's the quality of life in the game that hampered.

Shall we give them seven years? Well took five years for Guerrilla games and 60 million dollars to develop and refine Horizon Zero Dawn. 

Two years later for the case of Railjack? Is this acceptable. These are not my frustrations alone. This is THE GAME PERFORMANCE that is being affected. I can absorb gimps, downgrades of weapons and nerfs if they improve the game but when the game performance is abysmal people get disappointing. 

Yes, takes time we understand that. Then when they get things ready why not launch them to a playable state? However THEY NEED TO PLAY THEIR OWN GAME FIRST. They are not doing that. Many of these mistakes are fundamental. DE are not rookies in this business. Are we going to continue having this trend? 

I'm not going to put pressure on them. The only thing that I want is DELIVERY even if it takes time. I can wait more if they need more time instead of releasing unplayable DLCs. 

You are exaggerating with the timespan and you know that. But think of it this way: Railjack launched last year November, December? 4, 5 months ago? Since then, almost every update, every hotfix had Railjack fixes in them. Railjack is now in a significantly better state than it was on launch. And I am pretty sure they are not done with Railjack either (they never said they were, in fact), with fixes and with expansions, like: the whole Corpus faction with their own ships and - most importantly, if I recall correctly - they've shown artwork of floating infested mass in space which leads me to believe the Infected will also get added to Railjack in the future.

On top of that, they launched an overhault of armor, damage etc. and Scarlet Spear. 

But, on that note: Here is the thing I did mention in my very first post in this thread, the major change that I would like to see from DE: Instead of launching new things, before doing that, DE should focus on fixing and expanding the content that is already there first. So if I were DE, after the launch of the next season of Nightwave, I would start focusing on fixes of Railjack, introducing more modes and avionics, THEN getting the Corpus faction in there, THEN the Infested etc. 

Finally, in regards to the question: "Then when they get things ready why not launch them to a playable state?"

It's not as clear-cut as you make it out to be. Look at yourself or look at certain parts of the community and imagine it's been 6 months since the last big, new content update and new content should release this month. Then DE comes out and explains that they are not ready yet and, ideally, need another 2 months to get it fixed and in a launchable state.

You know, I know, everybody knows that, at that point, there will be quite a significant amount of people who will be upset about that. Some of them might be vocal, those will call DE lazy because it's already been 6 months after all, they will tell them that their game is dying, that it takes them too long to release new and meaningful content etc. And some others might chose not to speak out. Instead, they will simply leave the game.

In a way, there is no winning for DE. Because the community of Warframe is larger than the amount of people on this forum, larger than the number of people on reddit, larger than the people on Twitter, larger than the people on Facebook ... You get what I am trying to say? There is no easy, no clear-cut way of solving the issue/the issues DE are facing. Especially because of how much the community has grown over the years.

Like I've already stated: It's a balance act. It's quite a challenge. I don't envy them for it, at all. Especially, because they have to tackle it all, on top of the current global outbreak, social distancing and other personal issues that might occur outside of work (take a look at Rebb's twitter and you might understand).

At the end of the day, they are just people like me and you and all of us. People with faults who can indeed get lost in the woods from time to time, especially if they are as vast and old as Warframe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

I don’t think the game is dying, but I think there are some very valid criticisms regarding it’s current direction. You seem to just dismiss anyone who doesn’t praise the game and that doesn’t feel right to me. People who have put in thousands of hours have earned the right to voice their opinions.  

I dismiss the hyperbole and claims of 'majority', etc., that are inflations of what only a small percentage of players who post convey.

I dismiss the breathless tirades of tinfoil wearing posters that promote game companies as the bad guy.

I dismiss the ranting of people who are looking for an outside entity to make thier lives better when that is their own problem.

I am not always good at making my point, but the bottom line for me is simply that the arm-chair-CEOs/developers need to learn that they do not, in fact, get to boss around the company and the other players, that they do not, in fact, 'know it all', and that they do not, in fact, speak for anyone other than themselves, just like me...they are just consumers and if they really actually want to change the direction of the game, then they need to become employees or actual investors, anything else is just ranting...

An idea without a plan is just a dream...and an idea presented from the POV that a game company does not play it's own game/wants it to die/etc. is just plain old tinfoil hate territory.

People played the game for many hours - they got their fun - then they come back ranting because they finished the game or simply found it no longer to be as fun and the Evil developers need to keep them happy, meanwhile trying to convince the other players that they are not, in fact, having fun but are being 'bilked' etc. - these are the people I dismiss.

These are my opinions. I have no more power over any of this than any other player. I have had these opinions (re-enforced) for a couple decades now, pretty much since people started to discuss games online, while building MUDs and playing Asheron's Call...the rabid gamers have been like this the whole time, even as games proved thier negative BS to be wrong...

TBH, these posters to me are exactly the same as the people standing on street corners claiming the world is ending because they are not personally happy...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, beol said:

Going forward, probably, "We're planning on making railjack FUN before continuing to try to shove it down your throats" 

Well according to a youtube video (quite shallow) chatting with de scott we're getting a 'railjack revisited' at some point.... personally I see that is about as useful as flogging a dead horse but that's what they seem to be planning.

Personally I'd like to see DE refocus on the core game (ie the warframe killing part), stop trying to bolt stuff on that no one asked for just because one or two of the decision makers think it will be cool.... warframe needs to be treated as a product rather than a 'playground of ideas'.  In essence they need to stop trying to shove everything into one game, you don't see fortnite, cod etc trying to add in the kitchen sink each update, they build upon their existing game without diverging from it's core game. 

2 minutes ago, AndrejDelaney said:

You are exaggerating with the timespan and you know that.

Yes, it is called satire. 

But think of it this way: Railjack launched last year November, December? 4, 5 months ago? Since then, almost every update, every hotfix had Railjack fixes in them. Railjack is now in a significantly better state than it was on launch. And I am pretty sure they are not done with Railjack either (they never said they were, in fact), with fixes and with expansions, like: the whole Corpus faction with their own ships and - most importantly, if I recall correctly - they've shown artwork of floating infested mass in space which leads me to believe the Infected will also get added to Railjack in the future.

Sorry, the first time RJ was announced and when it launched passed two years. 

In the demo in 2017 we saw the faction of the Corpus. Where is it? 

At the end of the day, they are just people like me and you and all of us. People with faults who can indeed get lost in the woods from time to time, especially if they are as vast and old as Warframe.

We all know that. My claim remains. If you are going to release content, please be sure that such content is solid and robust. Bugs will happen all the time but those are the minimum. Have love for the game. Don't throw it to the pit DE. 

3 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

I dismiss the hyperbole and claims of 'majority', etc., that are inflations of what only a small percentage of players who post convey.

I dismiss the breathless tirades of tinfoil wearing posters that promote game companies as the bad guy.

I dismiss the ranting of people who are looking for an outside entity to make thier lives better when that is their own problem.

I am not always good at making my point, but the bottom line for me is simply that the arm-chair-CEOs/developers need to learn that they do not, in fact, get to boss around the company and the other players, that they do not, in fact, 'know it all', and that they do not, in fact, speak for anyone other than themselves, just like me...they are just consumers and if they really actually want to change the direction of the game, then they need to become employees or actual investors, anything else is just ranting...

An idea without a plan is just a dream...and an idea presented from the POV that a game company does not play it's own game/wants it to die/etc. is just plain old tinfoil hate territory.

All of this is well said and I agree.

3 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

People played the game for many hours - they got their fun - then they come back ranting because they finished the game or simply found it no longer to be as fun and the Evil developers need to keep them happy, meanwhile trying to convince the other players that they are not, in fact, having fun but are being 'bilked' etc. - these are the people I dismiss.

The problem with this statement is that WF is a live service game. There is no “finishing” the game. So if people are having way less fun now than they were 2 years ago, then it’s because they don’t like the new updates as much as the old ones. And while I agree that is a personal problem and not the developer’s, the amount of unhappy people lends credence to the viewpoint that the game was just better 2 years ago. 

12 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Well according to a youtube video (quite shallow) chatting with de scott we're getting a 'railjack revisited' at some point.... personally I see that is about as useful as flogging a dead horse but that's what they seem to be planning.

Personally I'd like to see DE refocus on the core game (ie the warframe killing part), stop trying to bolt stuff on that no one asked for just because one or two of the decision makers think it will be cool.... warframe needs to be treated as a product rather than a 'playground of ideas'.  In essence they need to stop trying to shove everything into one game, you don't see fortnite, cod etc trying to add in the kitchen sink each update, they build upon their existing game without diverging from it's core game. 

Now this is a fresh interesting point for an elevated discussion. 

I don't mind if Digital Extremes decides to seclude themselves for awhile develop in strict silence and decides to focus on the core game. I would be insanely happy if Warframe stays Warframe focusing on the core game. I think that a central focus will fix the game for good and make it stronger again. Yes, Empyrean is a good decision but this can work better if the core game gets stronger. 

Yes, one of the reasons that I stayed in the game was Railjack and of course the core game of Warframe. Both are great. I would rather see them fixing bugs and postponing launches until the pandemic goes away. I'll give DE a chance in the PS5 or next generation of consoles. I'm sure there will be less restrictive hardware for the game. Eventually the game will be better with time. It is inevitable. 

Just now, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

The problem with this statement is that WF is a live service game. There is no “finishing” the game. So if people are having way less fun now than they were 2 years ago, then it’s because they don’t like the new updates as much as the old ones. And while I agree that is a personal problem and not the developer’s, the amount of unhappy people lends credence to the viewpoint that the game was just better 2 years ago. 

The game feel exactly the same to me as it did 2 years ago when I started playing heavily for the first time.

All Live game have an 'end point' for players, IME...things in the game change in a way they dislike, they master the content, find a new game they like better, all of these things cause a persons interactions with a Live game to 'end'.

If the game was better to some in the 'good old days', IME, that is just another set of rose colored glasses - the idea of the 'good old days' has generally been debunked...peoples personal delusions cloud thier minds in this respect, it's just brain chemistry...

The whole misnomer here is 'the amount of unhappy people'...it's just a small fraction of the players ranting on forums...everytime any company has looked at the metrics, the number of posters for/against a game is a tiny fraction of the actual playerbase.

If you no longer enjoy the game, then move on.

If you really think you have a fabulous idea, then share it.

The entitled ranting from these wanna-be-game-runners is, IMO, not something the game companies need to listen very closely.

I know from experience, however, the naysayers will never stop, because there are, sadly, always members of society that are full of rage and hate.

I mean, how do you reason with a person that thinks DE forced them to spend a bunch of Plat using real money on Rivens only to have them changed to force the player to spend more money...it's literally tinfoil hat territory...

Medical science tells us as well that when people are angry, they cannot properly think, it's a built-in mechanism...so if you are full of rage and hate, the human brain simply cannot think properly.

I find the whole thing very interesting, it's a fascinating thing, the brain.

• Like 2

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Felsagger:

Yes, it is called satire. 

Sorry, the first time RJ was announced and when it launched passed two years. 

In the demo in 2017 we saw the faction of the Corpus. Where is it?  

It was a demo, a proof of concept and work in progress, now over 2 years old. During game development, things - concepts, models, gameplay, story, scope in general - can change drastically over 2 years and they obviously have. In fact, Railjack is still a work in progess and basically not fully launched/feature complete since at no point has DE stated that Railjack is actually complete.

Would we all love it more if it were complete and exactly what has been shown as a demo or proof of concept in 2017? Sure!

Can we say for sure that DE won't get there? No. And plans to expand on Railjack exist and have been confirmed by Steve and others.

Will it take time to get there? Yes. All we can do is wait.

Should they basically shift all priorities to Railjack, its expansion and its proper implementation into the whole Warframe experience via Squad Link? Yes, they should. And I have stated that already in my previous post and my very first post in this thread.

• Like 3