Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[IC / Open RP] Treasures of Lua

Psychotoxin

Radou walking towards the landing zone, noticed a moa walking towards the elevators and went up inside one. He gave it a thought for a moment and then shrugged. Part of him suspected the moa to be a threat of varying levels but with such a crazy time on going in the world and what is coming can get even wilder than what he has seen in a decade on and off from combat, either as a member of an army for 3 years and 7 as a mercenary. Moa could just easily be operated by low level AI made by somebody and isn't meant to be a threat to anybody. He kept going and arrived to his ship and started maintenance routine on his weaponry.

Jobs he did for Corpus were quite mixed bag. Best part for him was to work for new leader of a Corpus company who he worked for as a bodyguard once even if the departure soured the relations for a long time but this gave him the chance to fix the friendship by doing some jobs for him when he was equipped with the armor he still uses. 'That kid is a bit naive, heart is in a right place though and listens quite well too. He is definitely best of the Corpus in my book.' he thought as he started cleaning receiver of his Burston.

@(XB1)shadowhedgehogk

Andrea was slowly making her way back to the bed when she felt something touch her. "Aya!" she squeaked, quickly turning around with fists ignited. She didn't see anything, but this time she knew something was there. "Alright, real funny," she growled, trying to get her cracking voice back under control. "But you better come out now before you're cinders."

7 hours ago, (NSW)0nuku said:

@(XB1)shadowhedgehogk

Andrea was slowly making her way back to the bed when she felt something touch her. "Aya!" she squeaked, quickly turning around with fists ignited. She didn't see anything, but this time she knew something was there. "Alright, real funny," she growled, trying to get her cracking voice back under control. "But you better come out now before you're cinders."

Sneaking next to her ear he whispered one single word. “Boo”

Thraks started to feel a bit bored after exploring his new suite. Maybe he needed to get some fresh "air" to clear his thoughts, but where should he go to do that? He think he spotted a garden on the way to his suite, maybe he could start there? 

After leaving the stuff that he didn't need to carry around all the time in his suite, he left said suite and made his way to the moon garden, wonder what he would see in said garden. Would it be different enough to differ from the plains of Eidolon? He would assume so.

Radou, finally being done with maintenance on his weapons decided to go check out the garden of moon side of the hotel. He is a sharpshooter so environments like Orb Vallis and Plains of Eidolon are quite appealing to him professionally but also personally. Mountainous environment of Orb Vallis is breathtaking, he likes winter and in general it is very appealing to him except the Corpus buildings, visiting the place is tough though as clients understandably always revokes his access to the place through Corpus channels when the job is done and infiltrating the place through Solaris United is risky for both parties. He has done jobs for them but for understandable reasons he isn't warmly welcomed by the people of SU.

Nature and environment of Plains of Eidolon to him feels more natural to him personally and professionally large open spaces are a challenge for him while the water provides him additional way of escape and firing angle. He has every now and then done jobs for the Ostron for a payment and on few occasions even caused massive delays on Grineer building projects, free of charge. He really doesn't like Grineer building around there. It just doesn't meld in to the environment properly and that why look ugly. Visiting Plains of Eidolon is far easier compared to Orb Vallis but Ostron share the opinion of mercenaries with SU though, this doesn't bother him too much. There is few experiences what has made even him hate his profession tittle, mercenary.

After walking along the halls of the resort, Thraks finally arrived at the moon garden and it was sight to behold. Exotic flowers from the the whole galaxy, white trees that seem to grow almost everywhere in a flowy way, almost as if it was water. The grineer decided to walk to the nearest bench and sat down on in, watching the garden in awe as he haven't seen anything like it. It reminded him of the nature he would find on the plains, although not in the same way as said place. He did wonder how a garden like this could live on a moon, maybe it had to do with the mystery void thing that he have heard about plenty of times, but never understanding what it was. Maybe no one truly knew what the void was? So many questions that he could ask, but probably never get the right answer.

Reaching for one of his bags, he brought out what looked like a dried fruit that seemed at most a couple of days old, but somehow looked still edible. It was one of the fruits from the plains he had planned to eat before he left cetus, but never got the chance to do, until now. With his mask ostron themed grineer mask in one of his belt bags, he had no issue starting to take takes off the dried fruit, something to sate his crave for something to eat.

Radou arrived to the moon garden was pleasantly surprised by the look of it even if it is not big. It is still something even if it is small. He took few steps and noticed Thraks sitting on a bench at first his eyes paid attention to the armor silhouette of the Lancer armor almost made him stop but immediately after noticing the steel meridian emblem he felt relieved in his mind and kept walking for a bit then stopped, he turned to look at the garden fully shifting his focus from Thraks handling something small and somewhat round object on his hands to one of the Lunar Pitchers. To make sure not to look too suspicious, he thought for a moment.

His issue currently is, Steel Meridian might have bounty on his head for conflict of interests. His client wanted him to retrieve something SM had which he succeeded to steal and he tried to kill one of the SM leaders as this had bounty on it's head but failed. It is not all bad though as Meridian has hired him few times and he has delivered twice and failed once. He thought for a moment more recalling that SM, only really know name Reslet and was absolutely sure about Steel Meridian not having audio, physical and biological knowledge of him. He decided to wait to respond to Thraks but just in case, he would lie about his identity and line of work to Thraks at first to establish whether he has awareness of this. He is quite sure Thraks never heard Radou mentioning his real name.

18 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

Radou arrived to the moon garden was pleasantly surprised by the look of it even if it is not big. It is still something even if it is small. He took few steps and noticed Thraks sitting on a bench at first his eyes paid attention to the armor silhouette of the Lancer armor almost made him stop but immediately after noticing the steel meridian emblem he felt relieved in his mind and kept walking for a bit then stopped, he turned to look at the garden fully shifting his focus from Thraks handling something small and somewhat round object on his hands to one of the Lunar Pitchers. To make sure not to look too suspicious, he thought for a moment.

His issue currently is, Steel Meridian might have bounty on his head for conflict of interests. His client wanted him to retrieve something SM had which he succeeded to steal and he tried to kill one of the SM leaders as this had bounty on it's head but failed. It is not all bad though as Meridian has hired him few times and he has delivered twice and failed once. He thought for a moment more recalling that SM, only really know name Reslet and was absolutely sure about Steel Meridian not having audio, physical and biological knowledge of him. He decided to wait to respond to Thraks but just in case, he would lie about his identity and line of work to Thraks at first to establish whether he has awareness of this. He is quite sure Thraks never heard Radou mentioning his real name.

*While he kept on eating on the dried fruit and admiring the small, but pretty garden, he would spot standing nearby in the same place as he was in. It seemed to be humanoid in shape, but said person neither looked like someone who belonged to the grineer, the corpus or the tenno even. Maybe it was one of those civilian people who usually don't hang around near war zones or hide away in those relays he had heard about and one day, he wanted to visit a relay for himself (with proper allowance and so on). 

"Hey, never seen you before, here to, for the lack of words, relax like I am doing? Enjoying the view and so on? I promise I don't have any ill intent being here, both now and in the near future"

What better way to show how nice he is by starting a casual conversation, although it felt like he forgot something in his train of thought, but he wasn't sure what it was. Maybe the stranger would remind him. 

1 hour ago, WolfmanX9 said:

*While he kept on eating on the dried fruit and admiring the small, but pretty garden, he would spot standing nearby in the same place as he was in. It seemed to be humanoid in shape, but said person neither looked like someone who belonged to the grineer, the corpus or the tenno even. Maybe it was one of those civilian people who usually don't hang around near war zones or hide away in those relays he had heard about and one day, he wanted to visit a relay for himself (with proper allowance and so on). 

"Hey, never seen you before, here to, for the lack of words, relax like I am doing? Enjoying the view and so on? I promise I don't have any ill intent being here, both now and in the near future"

What better way to show how nice he is by starting a casual conversation, although it felt like he forgot something in his train of thought, but he wasn't sure what it was. Maybe the stranger would remind him. 

'Hmm?' He hummed enough loudly to be heard, it didn't sound like he was bothered just that he heard what Thraks said and he is going pay attention to him Thraks and turned towards Thraks fully revealing that he is human 'I am new to this place, mostly trying to get a break from work. This garden definitely is a welcome distraction' Radou said in calm and appreciating tone when he spoke about the garden.

'Neither do I, what comes on ill intent. Not entirely confident on this guess but that probably is Steel Meridian symbol, few members of the syndicate have called me to talk to them' Radou said, speaking in relaxed manner and slightly professionally when he said about few members of the Steel Meridian have called him to talk to them.

19 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

'Hmm?' He hummed enough loudly to be heard, it didn't sound like he was bothered just that he heard what Thraks said and he is going pay attention to him Thraks and turned towards Thraks fully revealing that he is human 'I am new to this place, mostly trying to get a break from work. This garden definitely is a welcome distraction' Radou said in calm and appreciating tone when he spoke about the garden.

'Neither do I, what comes on ill intent. Not entirely confident on this guess but that probably is Steel Meridian symbol, few members of the syndicate have called me to talk to them' Radou said, speaking in relaxed manner and slightly professionally when he said about few members of the Steel Meridian have called him to talk to them.

"Keen eye you got. Yes, I'm with the steel meridians, although I didn't start as a defect. I was one of many grineer clones, managed to get the role of a captain because of my higher than average brain capacity and while I was...glad to serve the queens at first, I realized fairly quickly that what we did was...well, wrong. However, if a higher up finds out that you're defecting for any reason that won't benefit the grineer, either being executed or sent to the Rathuum, the last being far worse than being sentens to death. What did I do you may ask? I faked my death in my last, solo mission for the grineer" 

He paused for a moment as he took another bite from his dried fruit, which at this point was nearly eaten up by now.

"I ironically almost died in said mission, but I managed to keep my life in the end or otherwise I wouldn't be having this conversation with you" he ended with a short chuckle.

5 hours ago, WolfmanX9 said:

"Keen eye you got. Yes, I'm with the steel meridians, although I didn't start as a defect. I was one of many grineer clones, managed to get the role of a captain because of my higher than average brain capacity and while I was...glad to serve the queens at first, I realized fairly quickly that what we did was...well, wrong. However, if a higher up finds out that you're defecting for any reason that won't benefit the grineer, either being executed or sent to the Rathuum, the last being far worse than being sentens to death. What did I do you may ask? I faked my death in my last, solo mission for the grineer" 

He paused for a moment as he took another bite from his dried fruit, which at this point was nearly eaten up by now.

"I ironically almost died in said mission, but I managed to keep my life in the end or otherwise I wouldn't be having this conversation with you" he ended with a short chuckle.

'I have heard about Rathuum but mostly just from the outside perspective, I haven't heard anything about the inside of it so far. It is definitely odds stacked against you situation from what I have heard. This is a statement I happened to read don't know who came up with it though. The Grineer queens manipulate fear and frustration of the emotions to keep their army under their control. Majority of the time it is the higher ranking Grineer who start seeing patterns and find out that the system they are part of is absolutely scuffed. Defection is not common though as this depends on how satisfied with the current position individual holds and how bad they see the system is' Radou said with semi professional manner.

'I guess, there was something humorous about your escape plan in hindsight?' Radou asked with slight curiosity and with more relaxed professional manner.

32 minutes ago, AlendasNaro said:

'I have heard about Rathuum but mostly just from the outside perspective, I haven't heard anything about the inside of it so far. It is definitely odds stacked against you situation from what I have heard. This is a statement I happened to read don't know who came up with it though. The Grineer queens manipulate fear and frustration of the emotions to keep their army under their control. Majority of the time it is the higher ranking Grineer who start seeing patterns and find out that the system they are part of is absolutely scuffed. Defection is not common though as this depends on how satisfied with the current position individual holds and how bad they see the system is' Radou said with semi professional manner.

'I guess, there was something humorous about your escape plan in hindsight?' Radou asked with slight curiosity and with more relaxed professional manner.

"You know how I mentioned that I was suppose to fake my death? Well, I thought said mission would be...simpler than I thought. Turned out to be a mission with a lot of insfested creatures. The common ones aren't a problem for someone with my tactical knowledge, but even I have my limits. I was nearly done with said mission, but before I knew it, someone or something had angered an infested juggernaut and I was unfortunate enough to get in its path. Tried as I did, I barely did any damage to it and when I tried to escape, it managed to knock me down and took my left arm in the process and let me tell you, losing a whole arm is not a pleasant feeling. However, because of the loss of said limb, I got enough time to escape from said beast as it seemed to be hungry for flesh or at least I thought it was as I didn't have time to look back. My mind was only thinking of one thing: get my beaten butt away from the place alive. Thankfully, I didn't get the infested virus thin and got this sweet arm from the steel meridian once I joined them shortly after said mission" 

He would then take off the armor on his left arm, showing the cybernetic arm for the human.

'I haven't heard much about infested Juggernaut... *does pay attention to the cybernetic limb. To him doesn't look bad more than serviceable* You don't need to be that afraid of getting the infection. While yes it is a threat through becoming biologically compromised. It takes a while. Early treatment absolute necessity but reportedly easy' Radou said with relaxed manner of professionalism. 'Although friend of mine sent me footage of infested once. Most of it was the usual, animalistic aggression and hyper alarmed but... Some of it was different. Apathy and or passivity type of behavior at certain times. Something odd is happening to those creatures' Radou said with usual relaxed professionalism after the word but his tone changed to professional curiosity and busy with thoughts manner.

'Most of the footage was captured from very far away but during that apathy and or passivity period. Friend of mine was moving in direct line of sight of the infested. I am knowledgeable of the fact that infested fear hybrids but friend of mine told me that this wasn't infected nor biologically compromised by the infestation. This worries me a bit but also I find it a bit interesting that infested are able to show even this small amount of variance in their behaving. Unfortunately more footage is required to confirm this behavior and so far... Nobody hasn't been as fortunate about this' Radou spoke in almost scientific manner but he said that more footage is required to confirm this. He sounded slightly frustrated mostly because he curiosity and being passionate about the subject.

On 2020-08-13 at 5:38 AM, (XB1)shadowhedgehogk said:

With a few motions he dispelled the fireball as to not cause any unnecessary property damages. For now it was simply the matter of getting out of the room unnoticed 

Then, quick as a flash, her fireball poofed out as if in a vacuum. She was spooked, but more than anything it just made her mad. She swung her flaming fists wildly, screaming in rage, “Show yourself!”

9 minutes ago, (NSW)0nuku said:

Then, quick as a flash, her fireball poofed out as if in a vacuum. She was spooked, but more than anything it just made her mad. She swung her flaming fists wildly, screaming in rage, “Show yourself!”

What a pain. This did not go as planned. He continued to put out flames left and right before he finally had enough and put out her flames all together. “Open the door” he whispered. This Endeavor had lost all fun. And had become plain destructive. He decided to simply leave and come back the normal way When she opened the door.

1 hour ago, (XB1)shadowhedgehogk said:

What a pain. This did not go as planned. He continued to put out flames left and right before he finally had enough and put out her flames all together. “Open the door” he whispered. This Endeavor had lost all fun. And had become plain destructive. He decided to simply leave and come back the normal way When she opened the door.

But Andrea didn't hear him beneath the wooshing flames and her own screams. She just kept swinging wildly through the air, hoping to hit something.

1 hour ago, (NSW)0nuku said:

But Andrea didn't hear him beneath the wooshing flames and her own screams. She just kept swinging wildly through the air, hoping to hit something.

Shard gave all hope of getting out quietly and simply opted to grab a nearby cloth and cover her eyes Restrain her hands before making a few quick dashes out of the room.

On 2020-08-16 at 4:59 AM, AlendasNaro said:

'I haven't heard much about infested Juggernaut... *does pay attention to the cybernetic limb. To him doesn't look bad more than serviceable* You don't need to be that afraid of getting the infection. While yes it is a threat through becoming biologically compromised. It takes a while. Early treatment absolute necessity but reportedly easy' Radou said with relaxed manner of professionalism. 'Although friend of mine sent me footage of infested once. Most of it was the usual, animalistic aggression and hyper alarmed but... Some of it was different. Apathy and or passivity type of behavior at certain times. Something odd is happening to those creatures' Radou said with usual relaxed professionalism after the word but his tone changed to professional curiosity and busy with thoughts manner.

'Most of the footage was captured from very far away but during that apathy and or passivity period. Friend of mine was moving in direct line of sight of the infested. I am knowledgeable of the fact that infested fear hybrids but friend of mine told me that this wasn't infected nor biologically compromised by the infestation. This worries me a bit but also I find it a bit interesting that infested are able to show even this small amount of variance in their behaving. Unfortunately more footage is required to confirm this behavior and so far... Nobody hasn't been as fortunate about this' Radou spoke in almost scientific manner but he said that more footage is required to confirm this. He sounded slightly frustrated mostly because he curiosity and being passionate about the subject.

"Interesting. Didn't know that some infested could be...non savage" he seemed rather surprised to hear the possibility of infested not being savage all the time. Regardless, he was done with the dried fruit and put back the armor on his cybernetic arm.

"Speaking of infested, I have seen Tenno with infested things on them and not as in, infused, but carried like weapons. Some even had what looked like infested version of a kubrow or at least I think it was an infested looking kubrow. Hard to tell when it comes to those creatures. I have asked some Tenno that carried those living weapons or had an infested pet and they mentioned, at least those who willingly wanted to talk, that they had some kind of symbiotic connection with their infested weapon or pet. Does that mean that there are infested creatures that don't want to...take over their host, just simply want to live with their host, not rule over said host? So many questions that I want to know, but I guess the only way I could find these answer is to ask someone who has a symbiotic infested weapon or pet" 

Shortly after he stopped to talk, he decided to take off his forest camo hood that was attached to his armor to cool his head as it wasn't so cold in the moon garden, even though said garden is on a moon and he honestly thought it would be a lot colder. Maybe the resort had some kind of advance temperature system that keeps it in a pleasant medium between hot and cold?

2 hours ago, WolfmanX9 said:

"Interesting. Didn't know that some infested could be...non savage" he seemed rather surprised to hear the possibility of infested not being savage all the time. Regardless, he was done with the dried fruit and put back the armor on his cybernetic arm.

"Speaking of infested, I have seen Tenno with infested things on them and not as in, infused, but carried like weapons. Some even had what looked like infested version of a kubrow or at least I think it was an infested looking kubrow. Hard to tell when it comes to those creatures. I have asked some Tenno that carried those living weapons or had an infested pet and they mentioned, at least those who willingly wanted to talk, that they had some kind of symbiotic connection with their infested weapon or pet. Does that mean that there are infested creatures that don't want to...take over their host, just simply want to live with their host, not rule over said host? So many questions that I want to know, but I guess the only way I could find these answer is to ask someone who has a symbiotic infested weapon or pet" 

Shortly after he stopped to talk, he decided to take off his forest camo hood that was attached to his armor to cool his head as it wasn't so cold in the moon garden, even though said garden is on a moon and he honestly thought it would be a lot colder. Maybe the resort had some kind of advance temperature system that keeps it in a pleasant medium between hot and cold?

"Hmm... Never heard these actions before so, I can not come up with any kind of theory right now and I would need to have the conversation myself with these people. What comes on the pause on savagery. Theories vary command from the hive mind to cease and escape combat with also varying reasons. Retreat command to reorganize? Possibilities are almost damn endless and narrowing it down has been extremely difficult. In the footage the infested did either of what I mentioned, just wandering around. I wouldn't be surprised if many debates are ongoing in scientific community about this all" Radou said sounding somewhat interested.

14 hours ago, AlendasNaro said:

"Hmm... Never heard these actions before so, I can not come up with any kind of theory right now and I would need to have the conversation myself with these people. What comes on the pause on savagery. Theories vary command from the hive mind to cease and escape combat with also varying reasons. Retreat command to reorganize? Possibilities are almost damn endless and narrowing it down has been extremely difficult. In the footage the infested did either of what I mentioned, just wandering around. I wouldn't be surprised if many debates are ongoing in scientific community about this all" Radou said sounding somewhat interested.

"Probably, but I'm no scientist, so I will let those who are more qualified talk about theories and so on" 

He then remember something as his face seemed to show that quite well.

"I never introduced myself, didn't I? How rude of me. I'm Thraks Dhraga, member of Steel Meridian and Ostron. Have you been to the town of Cetus? Nice place with nice people, even though I had to earn their trust because of previous grineer...issues on the plains. Hear that the plains occasionally gets invaded by the infested now and then, but thanks to the Tenno, they repel it before things get worse for the people of Cetus"

Archived