Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After Shield Rework, What Procs Go Through Shields?

(NSW)FlameDivinity

Question

14 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

This is new... :O !!! and Troubling... If The Toxin Damage by itself can kill you then doesn't that mean you can still get one Shotted by something like a Mutalist Osprey ?

Yes, but since this has always been the case so if you haven't before you probably won't now. 

Edited by Annnoth
  • Like 9

43 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

This is new... 😮 !!! and Troubling... If The Toxin Damage by itself can kill you then doesn't that mean you can still get one Shotted by something like a Mutalist Osprey ?

Not new in the slightest. It's been the case for most of Warframe's existance.

56 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Wait, so Toxin damage and not procs? So if I can't get Toxin Procs, can Toxin damage still go through my Shields?

Both Toxin procs and Toxin damage bypass shields. No other procs do or damage types, as of this post, do so.

True damage (aka: the damage dealth by Slash procs and Ash's 4) previously also bypassed shields, but were changed not to with the recent overhaul to shields.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Not new in the slightest. It's been the case for most of Warframe's existance.

That can't be right... I could have sworn Shielded Enemies could Resist Toxic Damage without Toxin the Proc before the Shield Rework...

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Toxin and True Damage, according to the Wiki... 

wait, where do we still say that? i'l fix it if i know where.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

If The Toxin Damage by itself can kill you then doesn't that mean you can still get one Shotted by something like a Mutalist Osprey ?

a Toxic Ancient perhaps, but a Mutalist Osprey doesn't deal much Damage at once, but over quite some time period. i doubt a Mutalist Osprey will Kill you in less than a second under like, Lv300.

18 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

That can't be right... I could have sworn Shielded Enemies could Resist Toxic Damage without Toxin the Proc before the Shield Rework...

oh, certain situations like Shield Ospreys protecting Allies (probably stacked Shield Ospreys, not 100% sure) can protect Shielded Enemies against Toxin, aye.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 2

Shield gating is relatively new but players have already found a lot of pros with it. Toxin and Warframe abilities is really all that could bypass shields and they do it in different ways. Weapons with a high enough toxic proc and damage can one shot you. When you initially have your shields drop to zero you have a 1 second of immunity phase. And if your shields broke as it was still regenerating the immunity phase would be really low which in theory maybe having lower shields could help you get that 1 second phase of immunity quicker. Shields do more to resistance against damage it has a 25% damage reduction. On Warframe abilities the abilities can one shot you so fighting a stalker high level can actually one shot you in theory if he hits you in with a damage ability.and if it was strong enough to. So far these two methods toxin and warframe abilites Are the things that will do the trick to harm you. But fortunately it’s just the toxin we have to worry about. I hope this was helpful

• Like 3

2 hours ago, (PS4)DeathMastro said:

Shield gating is relatively new but players have already found a lot of pros with it. Toxin and Warframe abilities is really all that could bypass shields and they do it in different ways. Weapons with a high enough toxic proc and damage can one shot you. When you initially have your shields drop to zero you have a 1 second of immunity phase. And if your shields broke as it was still regenerating the immunity phase would be really low which in theory maybe having lower shields could help you get that 1 second phase of immunity quicker. Shields do more to resistance against damage it has a 25% damage reduction. On Warframe abilities the abilities can one shot you so fighting a stalker high level can actually one shot you in theory if he hits you in with a damage ability.and if it was strong enough to. So far these two methods toxin and warframe abilites Are the things that will do the trick to harm you. But fortunately it’s just the toxin we have to worry about. I hope this was helpful

Thanks, I knew these things, I have over 750 hours in game. There are still things I've never cared to check up on, and once shield gating was announced, I was excited to see that Toxin would be the only thing standing between Volt and death. The question remained, however; Is it just procs we have to worry about, or toxin damage? I've only ever heard procs, so I left it at that. However, I'm planning on farming for Arcane Resistance, so I want to be crystal clear so I do not waste my time.

I guess my last question is, will toxin damage still effect us if we do not get affected by a toxin proc? Let's say I run into a freshly dead Nox - if I have 100% toxin resistance, and therefore do not receive the toxin proc, will the damage still bypass my health, or will it hit my shields instead since there is no toxin proc?

Thank you all so far for your input, just tryin to be crystal here.

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

oh, certain situations like Shield Ospreys protecting Allies (probably stacked Shield Ospreys, not 100% sure) can protect Shielded Enemies against Toxin, aye.

Guardian Ospreys in Elemental Enhancement sorties can make their allies completely immune to elemental damage.

2 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Guardian Ospreys in Elemental Enhancement sorties can make their allies completely immune to elemental damage.

i buy Eximus but normal Shield Ospreys can make nearby Allies immune to just Toxin, i just don't remember the conditions necessary for that to happen since it's fairly rare that it happens.

Edited by taiiat

6 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

The question remained, however; Is it just procs we have to worry about, or toxin damage?

Same thing. The damage type deals Toxin damage, the procs deal Toxin damage.

Something that protects you from Toxin procs will not protect you from the initial Toxin damage that may (try to) apply a proc.

5 hours ago, taiiat said:

i buy Eximus but normal Shield Ospreys can make nearby Allies immune to just Toxin, i just don't remember the conditions necessary for that to happen since it's fairly rare that it happens.

Yeah, I've got nothin' on that front, I don't think I've ever encountered it. I'll keep an eye out for it, though as it wouldn't be the first time an esoteric interaction has cropped up.

8 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Thanks, I knew these things, I have over 750 hours in game. There are still things I've never cared to check up on, and once shield gating was announced, I was excited to see that Toxin would be the only thing standing between Volt and death. The question remained, however; Is it just procs we have to worry about, or toxin damage? I've only ever heard procs, so I left it at that. However, I'm planning on farming for Arcane Resistance, so I want to be crystal clear so I do not waste my time.

I guess my last question is, will toxin damage still effect us if we do not get affected by a toxin proc? Let's say I run into a freshly dead Nox - if I have 100% toxin resistance, and therefore do not receive the toxin proc, will the damage still bypass my health, or will it hit my shields instead since there is no toxin proc?

I’m sure the Arcane at max will prevent that from occurring and damage is straight damage until the status chance procs the type to be toxin. So you won’t be insta killed but I’ve also recently been playing with a friend who one shot the sergeant on Phobos. I asked him if he had toxin but it and turns out he has viral and electricity on it. Viral increases damage if stacked at 1 it goes to 100% but each stack after that is 25% maximum of 10 stacks of viral = 325% damage increase on target. Electric damage now does damage over time while providing CC and damage to near enemies as well as target enemy hit. So essentially electric damage replaces gas in some ways because of it’s new buffs it’s not as great as gas because it doesn’t bypass shields but it does replicate it with the addition of CC and the immediate damage tick after shields are dissipated which allows you to one shot shielded enemies. So Electricity Damage recks through corpus and through us too. But the shock damage has to be high for it to really one shot us. I’ve tested this all myself with my friend Amethyst_Prince. Hope I helped you.

Edited by (PS4)DeathMastro
Correcting Incorrect Viral Stacking
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)DeathMastro said:

I’m sure the Arcane at max will prevent that from occurring and damage is straight damage until the status chance procs the type to be toxin. So you won’t be insta killed but I’ve also recently been playing with a friend who one shot the sergeant on Phobos. I asked him if he had toxin but it and turns out he has viral and electricity on it. Viral increases damage if stacked at 1 it goes to 100% but each stack after that is 20% maximum of 10 stacks of viral = 380% damage increase on target. Electric damage now does damage over time while providing CC and damage to near enemies as well as target enemy hit. So essentially electric damage replaces gas in some ways because of it’s new buffs it’s not as great as gas because it doesn’t bypass shields but it does replicate it with the addition of CC and the immediate damage tick after shields are dissipated which allows you to one shot shielded enemies. So Electricity Damage recks through corpus and through us too. But the shock damage has to be high for it to really one shot us. I’ve tested this all myself if my friends Amethyst_Prince. Hope I helped you.

On the topic of one shotting Sergeant, enemy shield gating is much weaker than ours. For one thing it has bleed through, 5% of your damage gets through when you break their shield, even at sortie lvl most snipers and such do more than enough total damage to annihilate the Sergeant. But probably more relevant to the scenario, targeting weak spots bypasses their shield gate entirely.

Edited by rapt0rman
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)DeathMastro said:

I’m sure the Arcane at max will prevent that from occurring and damage is straight damage until the status chance procs the type to be toxin. So you won’t be insta killed but I’ve also recently been playing with a friend who one shot the sergeant on Phobos. I asked him if he had toxin but it and turns out he has viral and electricity on it. Viral increases damage if stacked at 1 it goes to 100% but each stack after that is 25% maximum of 10 stacks of viral = 325% damage increase on target. Electric damage now does damage over time while providing CC and damage to near enemies as well as target enemy hit. So essentially electric damage replaces gas in some ways because of it’s new buffs it’s not as great as gas because it doesn’t bypass shields but it does replicate it with the addition of CC and the immediate damage tick after shields are dissipated which allows you to one shot shielded enemies. So Electricity Damage recks through corpus and through us too. But the shock damage has to be high for it to really one shot us. I’ve tested this all myself with my friend Amethyst_Prince. Hope I helped you.

Thanks, you did help. Unfortunately, on the topic of electric damage, the DoT it deals is pathetic, and I hope it gets buffed. We really need a real damage rework. This latest rework only increasingly limited our options.

16 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

I think some others replied to this and stated false information without actually testing it themselves. I have tested a rank 5 arcane resistance against toxin damage and toxin procs. The procs will not occur, but the regular toxin damage will still damage you and it takes your health down without touching your shields. So shield frames are vulnerable against toxin damage even with arcane resistance!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

I think some others replied to this and stated false information without actually testing it themselves. I have tested a rank 5 arcane resistance against toxin damage and toxin procs. The procs will not occur, but the regular toxin damage will still damage you and it takes your health down without touching your shields. So shield frames are vulnerable against toxin damage even with arcane resistance!

THANK. YOU. SO. MUCH.

I appreciate everyone's advice as well. Thanks peeps.

• Like 1

Hi all I run hyldryn a lot and use arcane resistance to make  her even more immune to toxin, not invicible. Also run all weapons in corrosive mods. Worked great in scarlet spear.

Edited by o1517
  • Like 2