Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glassmaker investigation

2Peter3Nine

10 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

As another QoL to add, make it so that Nora warns the player before entering the Weave to double check their clues if they need to. I understand we need to pay attention, but going in blindly caused confusion and frustration for others.

When you enter the crime scene, Nora says: "Well, take a look around. See if you can suss out any clues about whoever this... 'Glassmaker' might be." And this season is pitched as a murder mystery. If that's not enough to give you a hint that you need to think, then in my honest opinion I think you deserve to lose the first time.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kyori said:

So that is not done to deliberately troll players?

I think it's because of the way the Weave level works. I am pretty sure it's not an instance of a normal mission, but rather an instance similar to being on your Orbiter. Therefore your movement is limited in the same way, because the gameplay is happening on your orbiter. (same as the Leverian)

29 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

A couple general notes of improvements coming with the next update (based on feedback here, and in general):

• Upon falling/jumping off a platform in the Weave, you’ll now be teleported back to the main platform instead of failing the Weave. 
    The non-existent aim-gliding in the Weave was the root of many Weave failures, which is why we have added the teleport. It’s still the Glassmakers game though, so use your time wisely! 
  • The amount of Cephalite Resonance to enter the Weave has been cut in half. The requirement is now 5 instead of 10.
  • Your Cephalite Resonance count, as well as the amount required for the Weave, is now displayed upon hover on the Glassmaker crime scene Episode selector. 

Nope!

1) Remove the Timer.

2) Make Cephalite payment a 1 time cost.

This mode was awfully designed, overly pushing on mistakes, and makes it almost impossible to concentrate on the Lore/Talk (unless you use outside recording Apps/Phones).

None of the changes you are making address any of that.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

A couple general notes of improvements coming with the next update (based on feedback here, and in general):

• Upon falling/jumping off a platform in the Weave, you’ll now be teleported back to the main platform instead of failing the Weave. 
    The non-existent aim-gliding in the Weave was the root of many Weave failures, which is why we have added the teleport. It’s still the Glassmakers game though, so use your time wisely! 
  • The amount of Cephalite Resonance to enter the Weave has been cut in half. The requirement is now 5 instead of 10.
  • Your Cephalite Resonance count, as well as the amount required for the Weave, is now displayed upon hover on the Glassmaker crime scene Episode selector. 

How about removing the timer altogether and having it only reliant on an actual failure.

As it stands now, the dialogue that plays requires more time than what the timer allows.

• Like 4

Nah, I'm against removing the timer. Instead, let us get familiar with the new camera and control settings before the timer starts.

The mode is not OVERLY punishing for mistakes. With the cost cut in half, There's plenty of time to try it a few times every day. And it's probably going to run for months.

However, I'd welcome an option to hear the replay of all the talk we've already heard (even if we hear it and fail).

Edited by Uthael

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Blah. The time limit was the bit I hated and wanted removed, because I wanted to listen to the lore and the story to get a feel for who/what it is. It's the bit that spoils what is otherwise an interesting investigative aspect to the nightwave.

Edited by Zendadaist
  • Like 3

On 2020-06-08 at 11:33 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

I hope that after the end of this series at least, visiting the weave will no longer cost anything so that people can freely explore the story content of this event

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LordPreda said:

I hope that after the end of this series at least, visiting the weave will no longer cost anything so that people can freely explore the story content of this event

It's probably too short for free exploration.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

I'd like to see no limit on how many resonances we can have, or at least not take away all 10 if we mess up the investigation. 

You'll need 5 next patch. And the limit will still be 20.

hello there,

so the new one is here, and the image cues in the test appear as tiny far away half-transparent blurry things, making the test just hard to actually see... (and I'm not colorblind) maybe it is something worth tweaking as well

so far the planets and the propaganda stuff have proven difficult for me but I'll try again when I have more cephalite... 

cheers !

My 1st try:
I got the planets clue 1st. I wasn't paying attention to the planets, I tried to remember how the Corpus words on the other side looked like.
I am colorblind, but the images are made well enough. There's a dark one, a half-half and a light one. Didn't want to waste precious seconds trying to remember mine, went random. Failed. I'll solve it next time.

My 2nd try:
Saw the corpus helmet, went for it right away, failed. Then, it occured to me there might be different designs of those helmets. I didn't even look at the other clues once I saw the helmet. Time pressure -.-

well this is what I see in the test for the propaganda part... yes there should be something visible on that platform in the middle, getting closer isn't really helping...

maybe my graphic settings aren't quite adapted to that, but I don't know which one to tweak...

5A6803CB15BEA0F29C7424ED9CEACE8991026B7C

I was so focused on getting through the thing i didn't realize one of my choices looked like the choice i had but had a dot ripple into existence and i failed because i'm more worried about the timer then doing it right. I failed my first one cause i was figuring things out.

As much as i love DE there are some big mistakes in the design of this thing. You can't tell a story with a gun to the back of the players head.

• Like 2