Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed chamber should not be for sniper only

WOWESOMUCHDOGE

Like the title suggests i believe primed chamber should be available to all kind of primaries that uses magazines..hear me out:

For example the Tonkor or any primaries with low magazine capacity will also be able to compete with high dmg aoe weapons like Bramma, it would make it too strong? No because it only has like 10% damage difference from a 90 elemental mod, this give people more option on how to build other weapons, and some weapon might not be viable with it

It can also boost the viability of launcher like Ogris, Torid n Zarrs without having to buff them directly and even Penta , i mean instead of turning them into long forgotten relic, why not give them a chance?
And it would also help if Depleted Reload isn't for sniper only too, most snipers already have low magacine capacity anyway, why not let weapon like Corinth Prime trade off magazine capacity for reload speed

People can start building certain weapon for reload speed to benefit from this mod too, so that we won't only see Brammas for crowd clearing every single game

Shotgun like Exergis will have some use for it too, since it is a 1 shot capacity weapon, giving it potential to dish out more damage in a single shot wouldn't be too op, for the downside is also lack of AoE n reload time
Tigris prime will get a slight boost too

Bow's won't benefit from it because it doesn't use a magazine ( We don't wanna see Bramma's with +100% dmg every shot)

If certain rifle mods can be shared with bows, why cant some mods that are sniper only be shared with other weapon types..making it more universal...since the mechanic of the mod is not game breaking, equipping on a Soma would be futile

Edited by WOWESOMUCHDOGE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

I'm guessing there will be a future edit, because right now there's nothing for us to hear out.

You'd say that but I get the feeling that the post was edited by Google Translate, so I expect its structure to be broken.

18 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

You'd say that but I get the feeling that the post was edited by Google Translate, so I expect its structure to be broken.

20 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

I'm guessing there will be a future edit, because right now there's nothing for us to hear out.

sorry i think i might have mistyped some words

Edited by WOWESOMUCHDOGE

Just now, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

sorry i think i might have mistyped some words

Well, when I commented your thread was made up of a single line of text. I see that you have remedied.

As for your proposal... I'm not convinced that it will come to pass. The 100% bonus damage is not like the 90% elemental damage - it is enormously more powerful. Adding it to other primaries would force DE to rebalance everything.

It's not worth it for DE to do such a work.

As for "more build variety"... we already have hundreds of mods that compete for eight spots. Adding one more mod does not add variety, it just adds one to the pile of unused mods (or it dethrones one of the "compulsory" mods and the pile gets equally bigger by one mod).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Well, when I commented your thread was made up of a single line of text. I see that you have remedied.

As for your proposal... I'm not convinced that it will come to pass. The 100% bonus damage is not like the 90% elemental damage - it is enormously more powerful. Adding it to other primaries would force DE to rebalance everything.

It's not worth it for DE to do such a work.

As for "more build variety"... we already have hundreds of mods that compete for eight spots. Adding one more mod does not add variety, it just adds one to the pile of unused mods (or it dethrones one of the "compulsory" mods and the pile gets equally bigger by one mod).

Well even if it is enormously more powerful, it only works for certain weapons, and since hardmode is coming im sure it'll be great to have the option to make lower tier weapon viable

And whether they wanna do the work or not is up to them this is merely a suggestion post

Well for the hundred mods in my arsenal we only have like 20 weapon mods that we actually choose from, because most builds are set in stone with just little changes

1 hour ago, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

Bow's won't benefit from it because it doesn't use a magazine

And generally, I think any sniper-only mod should always be usable on bows. For example, I would love to put Sharpshooter on a bow for my Ivara.

people usually prefer to mod so that every shot has consistent damage, rather than having to rely on a specific round in the magazine. take for example Synth Charge, whoch gives +200% damage on the last shot, for any pistol with 6 rounds or more in the magazine; does anyone even use that mod? I don't and I've never heard or seen anyone else use it. ideally you want to kill the enemy before you have to reload,in a few shots, not on your last shot.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

It's 100% damage multiplicative after all other modifiers, not +100% base damage. Primed Chamber on something like Tonkor would be extremely unbalanced. The end result would end up in a nerf to Primed Chamber either in the form of a damage calculation change (like Condition Overload) or Synth Charge (requires a base magazine requirement). Either scenario completely kills the mod.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

For example the Tonkor or any primaries with low magazine capacity will also be able to compete with high dmg aoe weapons like Bramma, it would make it too strong? No because it only has like 10% damage difference from a 90 elemental mod, this give people more option on how to build other weapons, and some weapon might not be viable with it

I suggest you look in to the damage formula again.
It is 100% multiplicative damage, not additive.
Meaning it is essentially a 100% Rhino Roar buff.

Or you can simply just slap it on a weapon with more than 1 bullet in the magazine and compare the damage between the first and the second shot.

7 hours ago, Voltage said:

It's 100% damage multiplicative after all other modifiers, not +100% base damage. Primed Chamber on something like Tonkor would be extremely unbalanced. The end result would end up in a nerf to Primed Chamber either in the form of a damage calculation change (like Condition Overload) or Synth Charge (requires a base magazine requirement). Either scenario completely kills the mod.

Hehe, now imagine Primed Chamber on Bows.  mwuahahahahaha

Maybe a weaker universal variant of the mod could be added, but changing Primed Chamber to be universal wouldn't be a good idea.

Bramma is just a broken weapon and Kuva Tonkor is already really good, especially with frame buffs, it doesn't need to compete with the powercreep.

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

Hehe, now imagine Primed Chamber on Bows.

On one hand, OH SWEET MOTHER OF GOD THE DAIKYU DAMAGE.

On the other...yay, I shot 1-5 enemies in a straight line, while any of the walking atom bombs blew up the planet.