Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need status shotties back

WOWESOMUCHDOGE

1 hour ago, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

Just saying we should bump status chance of tigris prime to a better state

Strun wraith

And also boar prime too

Just want them to be more relevant

Shotguns are in a way better position now, you're just not happy your Tigris isnt performing as it used to. 😛

53 minutes ago, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

Strun wraith

Yes, please.

I'd also like to see the Euphona  alt-fire  revisited, since with the status rework it's a shadow of what it was.  Also Phantasma. 

Tigger Prime still seems quite good, honestly.  I don't know about Boar Prime.

48 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Shotguns are in a way better position now, you're just not happy your Tigris isnt performing as it used to. 😛

Yes im not happy because i try-harded my tigris with 6 forma n a damage status chance riven still get outdamaged by bramma 😞

2 hours ago, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

still get outdamaged by bramma

If that's your reference for weapon performance, I shudder to think of the level of buffs Shotguns would need to receive to match it 😧

I love using Bramma, but I realize it's an outlier and will surely get nerfed (further).

Shotguns are for the most part ~fine I'd say, 100% Status shenanigans should've been fixed ages ago,
and regular Status Chance per pellet getting blanket-buffed for all (or most?) Shotties was a nice trade.

Of course, if a certain (high-ish MR) weapon noticably underperforms even with a strong Riven, then buff away 😄

I still hope they will undo the nerf to the phantasma some day. Due to being a beam shotgun the new calculation was applied but the individual beams basically act as a single beam when status is calculated. Meaning the status chance was simply decreased without adding the per pellet chance. 

12 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

No. Except for Boar Prime wich is very good and Corinth family wich is very bad, all shotguns are between bad and average.

1 hour ago, MacIntoc said:

No. Except for Boar Prime wich is very good and Corinth family wich is very bad, all shotguns are between bad and average.

I'm assuming by "Boar Prime" you mean "Kuva Kohm." While I love the Boar Prime, it needs a crit riven to feel competitive.

Any of the "status shotguns" with at least 15% cc actually do pretty well on crit viral HM builds, provided you can stack a second cc source (riven or that ADS mod) atop the pitiful Blunderbuss, which badly needs a Primed version. You don't even need to invest much in status chance, since viral procs only stack to 10.

The relevant shotguns that cannot run crit builds are the Exergis, Sobek, and Tigris Prime. They're at least usable on viral/heat builds, and rivens help a lot. They suffer from the lack of an additional damage multiplier in the same way that all pure status weapons do. The fall has been pretty hard though, whereas the Dera Vandal has never been good.

Beam shotguns are a floating dumpster fire. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WOWESOMUCHDOGE said:

Yes im not happy because i try-harded my tigris with 6 forma n a damage status chance riven still get outdamaged by bramma 😞

Unfortunately, Bramma is kinda insane for the splash AoE, and not a reliable measure for DPS, imo. Tigris Prime is still pretty hefty to tear through things when modded, and I've been rocking a Vaykor Hek lately that chews stuff up with good Status procs. Stack that Multishot and Crit and pew pew pew.

2 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

I'm assuming by "Boar Prime" you mean "Kuva Kohm." While I love the Boar Prime, it needs a crit riven to feel competitive.

No, kohm don't use fragmented munitions the same way as others shotgun. That's why it outperforms even the old Boar Prime.

2 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Any of the "status shotguns" with at least 15% cc actually do pretty well on crit viral HM builds, provided you can stack a second cc source (riven or that ADS mod) atop the pitiful Blunderbuss, which badly needs a Primed version. You don't even need to invest much in status chance, since viral procs only stack to 10.

But... remember me why DE rework status ? Ho! yes, to make it competitive against the crit/HM meta.

Back in the day more status (100%) meant more armor strip, meaning much more damage, faster. Now, since max number of procs is limited, pure status weapons without good slash weighting are simply bad since their main advantage is gone.

Having to build weapons like Boar Prime for crit because there is no benefit to more status feels bad man.

• Like 2

Il y a 10 heures, MacIntoc a dit :

I'm sorry what?

Boar Prime needs almost every slot Forma'd to be relevant. Corinth Prime with a potato can be godlike...

I don't know how you're saying that the Boar Prime is better than the Corinth/Corinth Prime.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Els236 said:

I'm sorry what?

Boar Prime needs almost every slot Forma'd to be relevant. Corinth Prime with a potato can be godlike...

I don't know how you're saying that the Boar Prime is better than the Corinth/Corinth Prime.

ive testing corinth prime w both viral/slash build n rad/vir high dmg build..its good below 100 but starts to fall off after 100 lvl while tigris prime remain more consistent actually

i don't know about 'need that back' as that implies the equivalent to 100% Status (which would now be like, idk 500% Status or something), but Shotguns that were themed for applying Status Effects largely now... don't, and objectively do not have appropriate Status Chances relative to their Multi-Shot and Fire Rate differences with various Status themed Assault Rifles.

to which end i'll re-iterate that here for posterity.

On 2020-05-26 at 7:20 AM, taiiat said:

or, give it an appropriate Status Chance? like how Shotguns were solid performers with Status right after Damage v2 where they were just like now, before the Status model was changed.
in which case they applied roughly simlar Status per second via having roughly the same Multi-Shot/Status to compensate for their lower Rate of Fire.

i'd make it a little steeper now versus then, but that worked pretty well as is and so would work fine now too.

so for something like Tigris Prime, an appropriate Status Chance will probably be around 18-20%. and increase Sancti Tigris' Crit Chance to 18-20%.
while something like Strun Wraith, more around 18%.
Kuva Drakgoon, 12%.
Phantasma, idunno, like 35% for Primary Fire and 45% for Alt Fire.
Euphona Alt Fire, uhhh, hell might as well be like 50% so that it might be useful for once ever.
you get the idea.

and note again that these values are actually not quite equal relative to Multi-Shot&Fire Rate differences, that would actually be a little bit higher.
just goes to show how big the disparity is.

- - - - - 

On 2020-05-26 at 10:48 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Shotguns are in a way better position now

uhhh.... if you mean Crit Shotguns perform better relative to the other Shotguns than they did before, sure?
otherwise that's definitely not true, irregardless of ones' opinion.

On 2020-05-26 at 10:51 PM, Tiltskillet said:

I'd also like to see the Euphona  alt-fire  revisited, since with the status rework it's a shadow of what it was.

i'd have to say Euphonas' Alt-Fire was never good for anything in the first place. being able to apply some Status was not much of a feat for it since all that Status was really good for was boosting Condition Overload but boy would that be a clunky Weapon to have chosen for doing that.
even if you gave it 50% Status Chance it'll still be mediocre, heh.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Bristoling said:

Now, since max number of procs is limited, pure status weapons without good slash weighting are simply bad since their main advantage is gone.

Now that physical damage procs chance lose the x4 multiplier, slash is no more a solution. For exemple, Tigris Prime, with the 120% slash mod, made ~69% of slash procs. Now it only does 40% of slash procs. If we speak in terme of slash procs per seconde, with 120% slash mods, 180% multishot and 4*60/60 mods, Tigris Prime did ~31 slash procs/s. Now, with same build, it make ~7 slash procs/s

@Els236

We are talking about status. Boar Prime make 40 procs/s with 180% multishot and 4*60/60 mods. Corinth Prime make ~7 procs/s with same mods.

Edited by MacIntoc