The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion about Deadlock Protocol

ChaoticEdge

In this trailer

we witness little teased about what is in the other world in the corpus or whatever they are for looking in 1:43 it is time make a theory and guesses about what is it pose to be.  Yes we can discuss about in 0:22 what they are doing on those poor Fortuna/Solaris ppl which they may involved with this too for that is including any discussion about the deadlock protocol.

As my guesses and theories about the little object thing for I to think that is an corpus person in the coffin box but using body parts used by Fortuna/Solaris or other ppl to be put into that box for you know refurbish of replacement of part of limbs.  They are following what the orokin did in the past taking body parts and using it for profits and just give them robot parts as in cheap replacement to see it as production to corrected but it seem that flesh body parts worth more then machine for it seem that the idea is different way how to obtain immortal without the kuva.  It seem the guy had acquired some sort of orokin technology like they were transplanting bodies.

assuming there is a link between Solaris and the Deadlock Protocol itself, which may or may not be the case, it could be that the Corpus are augmenting the Solaris (perhaps against their will in some cases) and are using the removed organic parts to create living tissues for the Founder to use in a new body. the Corpus are descendants of the Orokin, and they had no qualms about taking children and using their bodies to begin a new life cycle. the main question I have, which will hopefully be answered with the quest is this:

why is the Founder so important?

we've learned over time that each of the Corpus higher ups are all motivated by profit, yet each has their own methods of obtaining it. Alad V favours Frankenstinian experiments and creating new killing machines to sell, while Nef Anyo is like a glorified preacher, dubbing himself the "prophet of profit" and encouraging donations from his followers. Frohd Bek ( who is possibly dead after Ambulas Reborn) seemed to favour classic salesmanship tactics and improving traditional proxy designs, compared to Alad's exotic designs made from other factions.

the Corpus already seem to have a pretty good clue about what they're doing, to the point they are the ones controlling the economy of the entire system and having the most advanced technology since the fall of the Orokin: I can't imagine they're waking him up to ask him for advice, and the Founder has likely been in cryosleep since before or just after the collapse, so has no idea what's going on in the system right now.. the only reason I can think of is that he may have the ability to somehow access some of the Orokin's genetically locked technology, and the only reason he hasn't been revived yet is because the Corpus weren't able to do it before. even then, why has it taken this long to bring the Founder back?

I know DE are a bit sketchy when it comes to delivering lore, but as a fan of the Corpus, I really want the lore to be coherent and interesting. we've been waiting since the Corpus were first introduced years ago to actually learn more about the group as a whole, rather than just the individual characters like Alad V and Nef Anyo. glad to know it will be this week for PC at least.

• Like 1

*Puts tinfoil hat on*

So, this is my theory: the object at the end of the video is a coffin or tomb of some sort, but there is no body there, there is a mind. The conscience of the Founder. What I think it's going to happen is  that the Corpus will try to resurrect the Founder by turning him into a Cephalon of some sort, using (here is when it gets crazy) the orokin technology 'rediscovered' by the Glassmaker. I had a hope that DE would tie both events in some way, just for the sake of making them both more inmersive; but after seeing how they are delaying the release of the next chapter of the Glassmaker story, now it's no more a hope but an actual suspicion.

Edited by General-Pacman

12 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I can't imagine they're waking him up to ask him for advice, and the Founder has likely been in cryosleep since before or just after the collapse,

According to the Deadlock Protocol page the founder is dead and Nef has found out about a heir to him.

I'm getting more and more into the idea that someone presented here on the forums, that The Business may have a connection to the founder.

After playing the Deadlock Protocol (Because why would this thread exist if it wasnt here already?), I think the tileset looks dated, like its from 2013. There is not a lot of manyverability for parkour, many time you can hit the doorframe if you go a bit too high, Lasers are there for... nothing, when  you can roll past them, they are horrible progression stoppers and the breakable windows... so many breakable windows.

It'll be a Cephelon, made from glassing the founder's body, locked away in a box that forbids internet access, therefore a 'deadlock protocol.' 

Why?

A Cephelon with internet access with a Corpus mentality would mean more profit for him and less profit for the rest of the Corpus.

If the box is opened again, the Cephelon will take over everything and the war will get crazier overall.

47 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Could this hier... be Derf Anyo??

I know this is just a joke, but if since Derf is supposed to be the son of Nef, wouldn't that make Nef Anyo the more direct heir? (Assuming we follow the known rules for heirs)

57 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

After playing the Deadlock Protocol (Because why would this thread exist if it wasnt here already?), I think the tileset looks dated, like its from 2013. There is not a lot of manyverability for parkour, many time you can hit the doorframe if you go a bit too high, Lasers are there for... nothing, when  you can roll past them, they are horrible progression stoppers and the breakable windows... so many breakable windows.

cFoHq1o.gif

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

I'm probably reaching like the Olympics but lowkey wished this will somehow culminate in into revealing The Sergeant's identity and consequently, a rework of him

As it turns out the Sergeant is actually old man Wilbur, and he would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling tenno and that stupid kubrow too.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

-snip-

that I do agree.

18 hours ago, General-Pacman said:

*Puts tinfoil hat on*

So, this is my theory: the object at the end of the video is a coffin or tomb of some sort, but there is no body there, there is a mind. The conscience of the Founder. What I think it's going to happen is  that the Corpus will try to resurrect the Founder by turning him into a Cephalon of some sort, using (here is when it gets crazy) the orokin technology 'rediscovered' by the Glassmaker. I had a hope that DE would tie both events in some way, just for the sake of making them both more inmersive; but after seeing how they are delaying the release of the next chapter of the Glassmaker story, now it's no more a hope but an actual suspicion.

maybe but not really that is a problem.  It is possible to turn a person into a Cephalon but how Ballas did it he had to "reset" the person mind so basically it wouldn't benefit for the dude in the coffin.  More likely brain casing materials is more the logical to actually download your brain into another as in hijack someone brain or body in some what or either provided huge network of brains working with each other which you could of become the greatest computer mind if your in a coffin that is hook up in millions of brains that would make sense why it have to be in another rift or another plans area.  It is possible it get crazy with the theories and guesses but it seem that more likely those parts that are collected by Nef Anyo is delivered by him that why he keep on his act "Praise The Void" for probably hint he ended up worshiping this man who is presuming dead because his area seem it is in the void for he must of been giving body parts to this actual dead guy who just somehow become like Corrupted Vor but Corrupted dead guy who can't really get out the body but able exchange parts of his body/limbs.  That maybe why that is why they are connected as corpus for 1 cell die then another cell take over it's place for putting this way corpus need keep the main person alive whoever is in that coffin is the one who really still alive controlling the action of the corpus still.

1 minute ago, ChaoticEdge said:

It is possible to turn a person into a Cephalon but how Ballas did it he had to "reset" the persons mind (...)

We know this happens for people like Ordan Karris, who was forcefully transformed as a punishment. In this case it makes sense as a disobedient cephalon is no good compared to a brainswashed 'tame' one. However, I don't think this is true for all cephalon transformations - The archimedian who became Cephalon Suda willingly chose to become a cephalon in order to save her memories (Presumably from some sort of neurodegenerative disease), according to the official lore comic released with Octavia. If her mind would have been reset upon transformation, it would make no sense to willingly do it in order so keep her mind intact so there must be some way to become a cephalon without destroying the mind - Perhaps it is this technique the Corpus have uncovered?

3 minutes ago, Bryuf said:

We know this happens for people like Ordan Karris, who was forcefully transformed as a punishment. In this case it makes sense as a disobedient cephalon is no good compared to a brainswashed 'tame' one. However, I don't think this is true for all cephalon transformations - The archimedian who became Cephalon Suda willingly chose to become a cephalon in order to save her memories (Presumably from some sort of neurodegenerative disease), according to the official lore comic released with Octavia. If her mind would have been reset upon transformation, it would make no sense to willingly do it in order so keep her mind intact so there must be some way to become a cephalon without destroying the mind - Perhaps it is this technique the Corpus have uncovered?

unassumingly for you meant 100s or millions of Solaris or Fortuna ppl went being lab rat testing to see success of able keep their memories?  Possible but we did witness Ordius crack moment that he wanted return as "beast of the bone" and so many time if I know that person is resting within.  If it is so what to be a way possible then they probably did, but it have to be some sort tech that override "reset" system then it could be possible that it be like 2 movie "Ghost In The Machine" and "Ghost Shell" but more likely we were able get into digital data for it is possible to "removed" inhibitor suppress emotional system.  Just like the Kuva they were test subject that requires system reset orokin tech of some kind that why Ordius was in the machine unable to do anything.  As again I assumed they probably did was able uncovered something that they are trying so hard to figure out removed the or reconfigure protocol system for the cephlon.  Maybe that is why they call it Deadlock Protocol.

20 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

why is the Founder so important?

If it was just himself, I would agree with you. The founder shouldn't be important, according to his own speech

What I'm worried about is what the rest of the plan is. The titular Protocol. The Tenno have created a deadlock between all the human factions, that's literally our jobs, but the Corpus have a plan to break it. The founder is merely a key, it's what's behind the door I am worried about. Activate a new cache of robotics? Initiate a purge of innocent people? Crash the market? Try to open a massive Void rift?

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

If it was just himself, I would agree with you. The founder shouldn't be important, according to his own speech

What I'm worried about is what the rest of the plan is. The titular Protocol. The Tenno have created a deadlock between all the human factions, that's literally our jobs, but the Corpus have a plan to break it. The founder is merely a key, it's what's behind the door I am worried about. Activate a new cache of robotics? Initiate a purge of innocent people? Crash the market? Try to open a massive Void rift?

Well, aside from the very good other points, bear in mind that the Corpus are a cult, and most cults aren't the most, ah... reasonable.

It could also be an interesting plot twist if the Founder didn't want to come back, at least not to what awaits them. They get resurrected and they may wind up hating the new Corpus. I mean, there is this line: "Do not fear poverty" in the trailers which... well, there's also a line from Fortuna: "to men like you, Poverty holds a greater dread than death"

Honestly, Neffy is the living antithesis to everything the Corpus founder seems to have stood for. ideals which are... reasonable? Not really moral, I grant you, but his logic appears to revolve around the idea that desire inspire action, therefore, be greedy to accelerate progress. But Nef Anyo doesn't work. Even Frohd Bek, for as much of a 'Frohdster' as he is, thinks and schemes, he plays the political games. Alad toils at the brink of knowledge. Darvo takes risks to his life and limb, working with the most dangerous beings in the system. Almost every other Corpus has some redeeming quality, no matter how small or tainted by their greed. But Nef Anyo begs for wealth, and is rewarded for empty words and empty faith. He is a liar and a hypocrite.

The guy in the trailer sounds like the museum dude.

It sure would be cool if corpus rescues replaced operatives with solaris.  I’ve also heard darvo is frods son.  We’ll all find out this week i’m sure.

Edited by MHz3000

4 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I mean, there is this line: "Do not fear poverty" in the trailers which... well, there's also a line from Fortuna: "to men like you, Poverty holds a greater dread than death"

Honestly, Neffy is the living antithesis to everything the Corpus founder seems to have stood for. 

If taken at face value. My read was "do not fear poverty" is the same tone you would say the words "do not fear death". There's lots of media where "do not fear death" shows up, and only two kinds of characters say it: a literal Messiah/angel, or a madman just as under-the-skin twisted as the Corpus founder seems to be

If that made any sense

Just now, TARINunit9 said:

If taken at face value. My read was "do not fear poverty" is the same tone you would say the words "do not fear death". There's lots of media where "do not fear death" shows up, and only two kinds of characters say it: a literal Messiah/angel, or a madman just as under-the-skin twisted as the Corpus founder seems to be

If that made any sense

Also a fair point.

Though I stand by Neffy being a liar and a hypocrite.