Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

deadlock protocol future.

Luciole77

It was fun for me to collect protea and weapons ... I just wanted to know if this new coin structure can be used in other game modes with random rewards. It would be very interesting to do that!

I found this update creative, interesting ... and I hope you will use it in the future. I really enjoyed myself ... I hope that DE makes good use of this coin structure.

Edited by Luciole77
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Luciole77 said:

I found this update creative, interesting ... and I hope you will use it in the future. I really enjoyed myself ... I hope that DE makes good use of this coin structure.

I didn't find this creative or interesting. It is just an extra farm before you can attempt to get what you want. I farmed Protea and still have no idea why the treasurer is more difficult than the Granum Void missions. It seems so pointless I cannot understand why DE thought it was a good choice. No part of it was enjoyable - the pathetic amounts of credits given out didn't help.

• It is mediocre at best. If DE was to make improvements to the system I might change my mind. But so far it is just another tedious grind that will be abandoned as soon as people have what they want.
  • Like 4

NO, not enjoyable while a grinding needs to be done solo.

Newer players or any players that do not unlock deadlock protocol, ignore the void mission, which is a hell to players that not feeling like recruiting or solo.

I asked them to wait for me, i can solo the void part but they just ignore and extracted. 

This is totally unfair and fix this DE, make those players that do not complete vox solaris to use the old tileset, shame them more. 

24 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

The Treasurer spawns are timegated each mission and viable equipment in the Granum Void is extremely limited which simply sucks. Xoris is a bad melee weapon outside of its totally forced use. 

Agreed, but I guess that is not abnormal of DE, the timegate pushes players to minmax their loadout and give a sense of urgency. They'll most likely add more stuff to grind in the Granum Void with more updates

Currently Xoris might be the best glaive-type weapon (Pathocyst is too slow) but that's not a really high standard for glaives.

46 minutes ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

Agreed, but I guess that is not abnormal of DE, the timegate pushes players to minmax their loadout and give a sense of urgency. They'll most likely add more stuff to grind in the Granum Void with more updates

Currently Xoris might be the best glaive-type weapon (Pathocyst is too slow) but that's not a really high standard for glaives.

It takes a minimum of 2 minutes for a Treasurer to spawn in non-endless missions. Capture missions can be completed in less than 90 seconds really consistently. It takes a minimum of 5 minutes for Treasurers to spawn in survival missions when you can already extract at that point. Timegates do not give a sense of urgency, they actively block you from doing things, hence the name timegate. You need to stand still and do absolutely nothing and wait for them to spawn. That's my problem with the content not being engaging enough. That waiting might not seem like that big of a deal, but when the expected number of runs for Protea are in the 30's, assuming none are failed, it gets annoying.

I would tie Xoris with Glaive Prime if riven dispositions aren't taken into account. Pathocyst shines if you have access to abilities or arcanes that increase your attack speed. Also the combos you have when dual wielding a secondary weapon and a glaive are significantly faster than any stance mod combos. Dual wielding Pathocyst and only equipping Berserker gives it good enough attack speed.

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Wyrmius_Prime:

It takes a minimum of 2 minutes for a Treasurer to spawn in non-endless missions. Capture missions can be completed in less than 90 seconds really consistently. It takes a minimum of 5 minutes for Treasurers to spawn in survival missions when you can already extract at that point. Timegates do not give a sense of urgency, they actively block you from doing things, hence the name timegate. You need to stand still and do absolutely nothing and wait for them to spawn. That's my problem with the content not being engaging enough. That waiting might not seem like that big of a deal, but when the expected number of runs for Protea are in the 30's, assuming none are failed, it gets annoying.

I'd like to see you do a Capture mission with a Granum Void consistently in 90 seconds.

6 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

I'd like to see you do a Capture mission with a Granum Void consistently in 90 seconds.

If I am in the Granum Void already, the Treasurer has already spawned and that is thus beside my point.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

Gerade eben schrieb Wyrmius_Prime:

If I am in the Granum Void already, the Treasurer has already spawned and that is thus beside my point.

That's why you go into the mission with a coin in hand, do the void and do the Treasurer after.

• Like 2

Just chiming in, but do people realize the coin is a pick up you can save when you leave the mission? I've got a bunch and ive been doing a lvl 11-15 capture just to use them to enter the Granum Void. You don't need to use them immediately. You can enter any lvl of the GV depending on the coin you use. You don't have to use it in the mission it drops in.

• Like 3

vor 1 Stunde schrieb RamonLeeYJ:

Agreed, but I guess that is not abnormal of DE, the timegate pushes players to minmax their loadout and give a sense of urgency.

Why exactly would a timer that makes you wait no matter what you do push players to minmax or give a sense of urgency. If anything it does the exact opposite.

Edited by Krankbert

The fact that the coin is recycled as you go in a mission is not an issue. Actually it takes roughly 4mn doing the hand + objective + getting a coin wich is the time it takes for the ncp to reliably spawn. The big problem is that atm the granum void has no purpose after getting the parts. So what's left after grinding protea is a pretty tileset and that's it. 🙂I'm not counting Jackal rework it is mainly New Player Experience content, you'll run it in sorties once per week or less and that's it, let's mention that he is not that threatening in sorties either.

Edited by Galuf
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

The Treasurer spawns are timegated each mission and viable equipment in the Granum Void is extremely limited which simply sucks. Xoris is a bad melee weapon outside of its totally forced use. 

You don't have to use the Xoris at all. Releasing the solaris only grants 20 seconds while the pyramid drops grant 10. You actually waste time that way.

Just kill everything with mesa and collect the pyramid things if you run out of time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

You don't have to use the Xoris at all. Releasing the solaris only grants 20 seconds while the pyramid drops grant 10. You actually waste time that way.

Just kill everything with mesa and collect the pyramid things if you run out of time.

And that's the other side of the point I made; viable equipment is limited to Mesa.

17 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

And that's the other side of the point I made; viable equipment is limited to Mesa.

*Ahem* Octavia, Baruuk, Mag, Titania, Excalibur, Mirage, Wukong, Vauban, Equinox and Wisp,
Bramma, Ignis w, Acceltra, Supra, Fulmin, Arca plasmor, Catchmoon, Tombfinger, most kuva weapons and fast firing, precise guns,
and melees with lots of range are all viable and can easily kill the specters without much trouble (if you know how to mod them)

If your points are limited to using the best options because you would fail otherwise then thats a heavy case of incompetence.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

*Ahem* Octavia, Baruuk, Mag, Titania, Excalibur, Mirage, Wukong, Vauban, Equinox and Wisp,
Bramma, Ignis w, Acceltra, Supra, Fulmin, Arca plasmor, Catchmoon, Tombfinger, most kuva weapons and fast firing, precise guns,
and melees with lots of range are all viable and can easily kill the specters without much trouble (if you know how to mod them)

If your points are limited to using the best options because you would fail otherwise then thats a heavy case of incompetence.

Ezactly. I go as Umbra with Basmu. First, I use the Xoris to have the first charge, then change to the operator and blast the specters with my propa scaffold, Umbra kills too and I have to keep an eye on the timers and that's all

5 hours ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

Being the best glaive is not a point in it's' Favor.  Yes you can meme with it.

Glaives however, probably should just be secondaries.  At no point in time is it worth giving up your strongest weapon type in the game to just sit there while it Flies around.  Glaives are honestly just bad.  The mechanic it has to not decay is also worthless to anyone at endgame since your combo should always be at 12 anyway.  "But heavy attacks!" yeah, what about em?  Single Target and small radius is trash when it comes to clear speed.  Heavy attacks serve 2 purposes:  It gives mid game level players a seat at the table so they aren't useless (and they Feel special because "big number!"), and it is good For the two times in the game you want single target For Trash (ie, not a boss where you would just Chroma/titania) being Grannum Treasurer and Demolists.

Edited by Klokwerkaos