Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Partner and Fansite Programs: A New Chapter

[DE]Taylor

3 minutes ago, HeartPurity said:

All partners' glyph should be global and add a dedicated page in the in-game codex with their glyph and name & twitch/ youtube link to promote their channel. Moreover, making all glyph global can also prevent some harsh requirements such as watching stream for 500 hours, subscribe to his channel 3 times etc. 

Again, you're not entitled to their art, their logo, their image. They have always had the right to change it or remove it entirely. It's their art. They still have control over it.

6 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

Okay, cool.  The one constant in Warframe is change; I'm looking forward to seeing the new creator program.  I have a few questions:

Does this mean there will be a gap in plat/glyph code giveaways between the end of the old program and the beginning of the new one?  Will things like Prime Access and Prime Vault giveaways still be a thing in the new program?

Will the basic way players acquires glyphs be changing, or will it still be mostly through one-time codes and a couple of universal codes?  Will the universal glyph codes still work in the interim and after the new program starts?

I notice we forgot to have a Tenno Tunes contest this year, is this gearing up to be a replacement for that?

You would have received an email about this earlier this week (as a Partner), I will contact you again to make sure you have all the info!

10 minutes ago, mikakor said:

and this sucks, because DE doesn't do what is best for the game, but what they think is best for the game. even if it is obviously not the best. tell me, why in the seven hell would DE fight tooth and nail so that at first, only carrier had vacuum? is the game better now that even compagnon have vacuum? yes. yes it is bette.r but DE absolutely hated this. the same stupid logic why DE does not want insta-looting of the rewards in railjack.a you see this intrisic at 100 000 meter away in the map? yeah, you'll be going yourself picking that up, cause DE doesn't want it to be automatically added to your loot rewards. for what reason? for NO reason. it's painful, that's it. that's not good gameplay design, and DE does nothing to fix it, despite literally being a problem for everyone.

To be clear, I don't agree with all of DE's decisions and have taken several long breaks from Warframe due to frustration with what I think are bone-headed decisions. I have also posted my criticisms of those decisions in the forums. I just don't think its constructive to say "DE doesn't listen" because whether or not DE should implement a change or feature is heavily dependent on the suggestion itself.

1 minute ago, KosmicKerman said:

To be clear, I don't agree with all of DE's decisions and have taken several long breaks from Warframe due to frustration with what I think are bone-headed decisions. I have also posted my criticisms of those decisions in the forums. I just don't think its constructive to say "DE doesn't listen" because whether or not DE should implement a change or feature is heavily dependent on the suggestion itself.

the problem is that we have several proof that DE won't do what is best for the game, if it goes against what they want. "it's their game, they do what they want with it" ... i mean, yeah. you are right. they do what they want. but it's a video game, that people play. and if people dislike certain stuff, people will speak. and people dislike DE not making the game better for.... the game, but for themselves. DE seems to forget sometimes that people PLAY the game, so the game must feel nice to play. but they sometimes really don't want to accept it.

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

-snip-

Would it be possible in the future or through one of the catagories to apply as something for these programs on the Forums? I'm not quite sure what at the moment but I yearn to do something or to feel useful for this game. For a little while now I practically check the forums daily, even hourly at times. Even if it means just having a Warframe Forums tab open in the background to check back to. I'm not really a "creator" in that sense but I love to discuss Lore, gameplay mechanics, feedback, and other general tidbits about the game that I love.

I've had Misconduct in the past which I feel is important to state if I were to seriously considering applying.

DE: "Alright folks we messed up a number of times with partners and feel we should just start over with a new, better, more robust system where everyone needs to re-apply and adhere to stricter rules."

Community: "We don't care we still hate everything how dare you try to make things better!"

This forum is a cesspool.

I don't understand the point of this. Is this a response to the racist creators that attacked Rebb and Steve on Twitter? By axing everyone? 

I see there is a new program but honestly it looks no different.

So why make this pointless busy work for yourselves? Is this a way to block people from being creators that you had every ability to block before? See how this doesn't make sense? You'll be in the same boat before long. Call them creators or partners it doesn't matter. At least Partner felt more like you were invested in the community. This feels like a corporate move with no real rhyme or reason, just a justification of employment.  

6 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

DE: "Alright folks we messed up a number of times with partners and feel we should just start over with a new, better, more robust system where everyone needs to re-apply and adhere to stricter rules."

Community: "We don't care we still hate everything how dare you try to make things better!"

This forum is a cesspool.

The vocal are usually the worst elements.

Honestly, I get why they did this, though I don't agree with some aspects. It was a no-win. Remove the people being labeled as toxic, and you will just anger one side, the other, or both, depending how you determine who is toxic. This clean slate has its advantages and disadvantages. I think the positives could outweigh the negatives. It will really depend on how they structure this and what rules will be surrounding it.

Done well, it could be amazing for smaller partners.

Edit:

I don't understand the point of this. Is this a response to the racist creators that attacked Rebb and Steve on Twitter? By axing everyone? 

I see there is a new program but honestly it looks no different.

So why make this pointless busy work for yourselves? Is this a way to block people from being creators that you had every ability to block before? See how this doesn't make sense? You'll be in the same boat before long. Call them creators or partners it doesn't matter. At least Partner felt more like you were invested in the community. This feels like a corporate move with no real rhyme or reason, just a justification of employment.  

There's more than just that. The Partner program has had several issues in the past with creators arguing with creators, creators leaving Warframe but not leaving the partner program, and other issues. Most won't know of all the issues without a few Google searches, but there did need to be changes.

Also, random question: Will conditions for eligibility be more catered to PC players who apply, or will console players have a fair shot of acceptance, too?

I only ask, because I know us Switch players are often late to the party due to Nintendo’s turtle-slow cert process, haha.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Finlaena said:

Also, random question: Will conditions for eligibility be more catered to PC players who apply, or will console players have a fair shot of acceptance, too?

I only ask, because I know us Switch players are often late to the party due to Nintendo’s turtle-slow cert process, haha.

Everyone on any platform can apply - same chances (hopefully)

16 minutes ago, Pawkeshup said:

Edit:

There's more than just that. The Partner program has had several issues in the past with creators arguing with creators, creators leaving Warframe but not leaving the partner program, and other issues. Most won't know of all the issues without a few Google searches, but there did need to be changes.

okay. I understand that. I have only been playing since Switch Launch and the Partners I've seen have been pretty good ambassadors, but I have read horror stories for sure. Good point about it helping smaller creators, though. 

11 minutes ago, (NSW)Finlaena said:

We would LOVE more Console Tenno in these programs, 1000%. The Creator program will welcome Tenno from all platforms!

Il y a 3 heures, [DE]Taylor a dit :

WF_CreatorPage_WebHeader_3840x1040_V1.jpg

If you have interacted with any Warframe content creators online, you might be aware of our Warframe Partner and Fansite programs. These programs have shone a light on a group of amazing independent individuals who have done everything from making guides about new content, brightening days with fun-filled livestreams or creating useful community tools. 

While we cherish the work we have done with our community creators, we feel it is time to close the chapter for these programs. So, the Warframe Partner and Warframe Fansite programs will be ending on June 19, 2020.  

With the ending of one chapter, comes the beginning of another! 

We will be launching a brand new program that highlights the variety and depth of content creation in our community in the form of a Creator program! It will support:

• Fan Artists - new!
  • Captura Artists - new! 
  • Podcasts
  • Fan Sites (Guide sites, community tools, etc.)
  • Broadcasters (Twitch/Mixer, etc.)
  • Video Producers (YouTube, etc.)

Our goals have always been to highlight the amazing independent talent within our community, and we are beyond excited to expand our support to more types of Creators. As much as we loved our work with our Partner and Fansite Programs, the gaming space was a very different time when they were started six years ago. We felt it was time to retire them to rebuild a community-focused content creator program that reflected industry standards in 2020.

Part of those standards apply to general policies when it comes to conduct and professionalism, and ensuring that the Creator Program is a low-pressure resource to supplement content creation while avoiding burnout. We are also thrilled to expand the kind of content we support, while also ensuring multi-platform Creators get access to the best tools in one unified program. 

For many years we have featured Fan Artists in a variety of ways to support their art and talent — that isn’t changing, and will not tie into the Creator Program. Instead, the Creator Program will offer tools and resources for artists (and other Creators) to build their online presence and communities.

Since 2014 with the start of the Fan Channel Program, later turned Partner and Fansite Programs, we learned a lot and made mistakes along the way, and we are very much aware of the criticisms shared with us by both Partners and the community. The lack of trust that some might have in our policies is a failure on our part that we hope to remedy with the clearer policies and guidelines we have designed for the Creator Program. 

Additionally, while Discords were in our original Fansite program, we are not continuing this support within the Creator Program. These are unique community gathering spaces, and we are working with our previous Fansite Discords to see what ways we can continue supporting them.

There is still much to talk about for the Creator Program, but we will wait to do so when it officially launches later this summer! This new program will have a new application process for all, so if you’re interested, keep an eye out for when applications launch!

TL;DR:

• Warframe Partner / Fansite Programs close June 19.
  • Creator Program being introduced later this summer that will include Fan Artists, Captura Creators, and more.
  • 2020 industry standard policies made with respect to burnout and conduct. 

======

FAQ IN SPOILERS BELOW!

Révéler le contenu masqué

Creator Program goals:
The Warframe Creator Program is a flexible community-focused support program aimed at offering resources to those making videos, fan art, capturas, podcasts, websites, or livestreams about Warframe. These resources and tools are built as a professional system to help elevate creators in the community and lower barriers to entry for content creation.

What does the Creator Program offer?
We are using our 6 years of work with content creators to distill our program offerings into 4 core perks that we believe best serve the program goals to lower barriers to content creation.

Those are: 

• Day One Access (receiving new content as it releases)
  • Giveaways
  • Weekly confidential newsletters
  • Featured content opportunities

“Featured Content” manifests in many ways outside of extra visibility on our social channels. We will continue with Twitch / Mixer raids, but expand them to include fan art or music streams related to Warframe. Community Spotlights (now called Creator Spotlights) are also returning as a recurring way to highlight the talent in our community.

Additionally, we want to invest in tools that help Creators improve their craft, so to start, we will be offering artist workshops with [DE] Staff  from our Art Team every few months. We hope to find ways to do so for other types of content creation as well!

What about Glyphs?
Glyphs are not offered via the Creator program, and instead we handle their distribution in other ways that best serve the community. Glyph waves will continue in the future, just not within the exclusive context of the Creator program.

Are Program Criteria Changing?
Yes! We are lowering overall program requirements since our tools are aimed at lessening barriers to entry for content creation. The final requirements will be announced upon launch!

Are Existing Partners and Fansites being grandfathered in?
No -- this is a new program with new rules, so anyone interested in joining will have to reapply and each application will be reviewed under the same standards!

How is this program “flexible”?
There are two ways that this term applies to the Creator Program.

Firstly, the process of leaving and rejoining will be streamlined to allow for Creators to take breaks from the game, while ensuring that our Creator Directory is filled with active Creators. 

We will be more frequent in inactivity removals for those absent for a significant period of time. To counter that, we will be offering faster re-entry to the program for those lapsed due to inactivity. The program perks are directly tied to content creation for Warframe specifically, so if you are not playing, revocation of those perks should have less of an impact. 

Since we are working with more individuals whose content creation is more time intensive (ex: fan artists), we are aware of the need to establish fair guidelines for inactivity tied to content type, and intend to do so.

Secondly, this new program is flexible due to the vast amount of content supported under one umbrella. Previously there was a separation between our fansites / podcasts, and Youtubers/broadcasters, and that limited what opportunities were available to individuals based on the program they were in. Now Creators will get access to perks that serve whatever kind of Warframe content they make in a unified program.

Will there be a clearer means of reporting Creator misconduct? 
Yes, we are establishing clearer reporting and tracking tools for Creator Conduct concerns. Community members will be able to forward their concerns to us via an email we will publicly list on the Creator application and criteria page. 

There have been conduct enforcement concerns in the past. How will things change so these concerns don’t come up again?
When we started wading into this program redesign, one of the first steps was reflecting on our actions and policies as Devs across the Partner program in general. We have been doing this for six long, storied years, and we will be the first to admit that mistakes and missteps were made along the way. 

In this time, we looked at how our peers have managed similar programs, and their enforcement policies to ensure we are meeting industry standards.We are implementing clearer professional guidelines and policies to ensure those mistakes don’t happen again, as well as put in place better tools for reporting and tracking that lets us identify and act on moments of concern sooner.

Perhaps this is the best time to recruit players to test content. Instead of dropping something and modifying it later.  Maybe it's time to listen and produce content for players who, like you, have been here for years and at the present moment, feel disappointed. Consider this, bring our friends back.We still have hope.

Just now, (PS4)Leo_Gazu said:

Perhaps this is the best time to recruit players to test content. Instead of dropping something and modifying it later.  Maybe it's time to listen and produce content for players who, like you, have been here for years and at the present moment, feel disappointed. Consider this, bring our friends back.We still have hope.

I'm up for this.

14 hours ago, SoulEchelon said:

Fine, stay mad while they're trying to fix things. Your prerogative. I'm not going to get in an argument over this, so by all means find someone else to yell at about DE.

we will see if they are trying to fix things. here's the problem. they have shown time and again that they are NOT willing to fix things, most of the time things related to themselves. ( hello moderator nepotism ). but people have every rights to be mad at DE, because they always lied or hide the truth. never to be told upfront. when they are caught in the middle of something bad, they put their heads in the sand. and when people rightfully point at their flaws, without being aggressive, but with actual facts and proofs, you know what they do? they shun the person and say that everything they did was "personal attacks". that's literally history for ya. there's a reason why there's so much salt around. because DE have proven that they have a lot of problems, most of them they are unwilling to change. so we will see with time if this new program works, or if it's just an excuse to crush people's opposition.

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

We are open to seeing what kind of artists apply to this program. I'm not 100% sure about meme accounts, but musicians and SFM artists would be judged on a case-by-case basis. For musicians specifically, we had music-focused YouTubers in the Partner program so we would love to see what else we can do for that type of content where possible.

Sweet! You guys won't be disappointed if I get accepted. I'll do you guys proud!

1 hour ago, KosmicKerman said:

There is no "freedom of speech" on private platforms. If you are looking for a game to be toxic in Warframe isn't it.

"Zero Tolerance"=/="Anti-Toxic". Free Speech=/=Pro-Toxic. Out of the internet, even where free speech can be practiced, some statements or words are still not able to be said without consequence, as free speech isn't a pass to be a complete jerk to strangers, nor does it protect the ability for someone to cause panic. You're simply allowed varying opinions, the ability to not blindly follow your government, the ability to practice what ever religion, etc. The moment you go out of your way to harm others is generally the moment your right to free speech stops being defended. People have actually even been taken to court for bullying others online/in games and driving others to suicide.

You don't have to go very far to see what "zero tolerance" actually means. DE themselves have a history of moderating one side, and you see this issue across the majority of platforms. Youtube, Twitter, etc has a tendency of moderating people with specific opinions, while most who share the same opinions as the platform holder are allowed to happily hate and abuse those that disagreed with them, and sometimes even get rewards for such bad behavior.

Even DE themselves have been "toxic" towards opposing opinions. Just because someone disagrees, even if they happen to have done wrong, does not magically grant you the right to be a complete jerk, especially when you spout zero tolerance and how you're here to "create better worlds". There's clearly no better way than to reduce hate and creating a great environment than immediately trying to display your dominance against dissenting opinions the same way a child would.

There's a reason why when talking about "zero tolerance" it is quickly followed specifically with "hate speech" and "racism", rather than just talking about bad behavior or abuse as a whole. Most publishers quite honestly don't care about game play trolling, or abusive behavior. These statements are all just thrown around to get shiny gold stars from people that quite honestly don't even care about video games, they go out of their way to state anyone who enjoys them are sub-human garbage and are the type that would support silly politicians that tried banning games. If publishers cared at all about genuine moderation, they would have done so the moment they released their game/platforms publicly, and wouldn't need to make any sort of announcement over it several years later when it is coincidentally beneficial to make a statement on it.

And no, disagreeing with you doesn't magically make me a person that wants to be toxic on Warframe. I personally very rarely use in-game chats, whether voice or text, unless someone is in genuine need of help or engages in a conversation with me. Any pretend policies across all platforms actually have zero impact on myself, but just because it has no impact on myself it doesn't mean I can't express that I disagree with it. I simply don't have much trust in DE's ability to moderate, neither efficiently nor in a neutral manner. The forums don't have that many active users, and they can't even keep that moderated, not even neutrally.

Just now, mikakor said:

snip

They admitted they messed up, wrote out everything they specifically want to do with this new system, are forcing EVERY content creator to re-apply, are making stricter rules, giving more ways for us, the community, to directly report creators for misconduct, and are opening the program for even more people with more varied created content. That all sounds like improvements to me. Don't you WANT improvement? Just what can they do to curry your favor at this point? Come on tough guy, got any idea what would make you not angry? Or are you drunk off of it now like everyone else?

1 minute ago, SoulEchelon said:

They admitted they messed up, wrote out everything they specifically want to do with this new system, are forcing EVERY content creator to re-apply, are making stricter rules, giving more ways for us, the community, to directly report creators for misconduct, and are opening the program for even more people with more varied created content. That all sounds like improvements to me. Don't you WANT improvement? Just what can they do to curry your favor at this point? Come on tough guy, got any idea what would make you not angry? Or are you drunk off of it now like everyone else?

To be blunt, all they said was that they have messed up in the past. Nowhere have they said exactly how they messed up. To me that is just another political-like excuse. Technically yes they did admit that they have made SOME mistakes, but no it does not mean they actually admitted exactly what mistakes they have made. Also they CLAIM to be making all creators to re-apply and CLAIMING to have stricter rules, but history has shown that they routinely ignore these rules when it comes to certain creators. Yet have no issue when holding others to the same rules they ignore for others.

It's like a small child who got caught with their hand in the cookie jar going "sorry for making a bad choice". Sure, it could mean "sorry I tried to sneak extra cookies", it could also mean "sorry I got caught". Or if a guy punched you and you fell. He says "sorry" but really is trying to say, "I didn't mean to make you fall over" he isn't sorry about the punch at all. DE could be just like the small child or the guy that punched you. Says sorry, but sorry about something else entirely that wasn't the problem to begin with. With their history the past 2-3 years, are you honestly surprised that people are skeptical?

Merely saying "sorry" without explaining what one is sorry for doesn't show us exactly what one is apologizing about. What DE needs to do is say EXACTLY how they have made mistakes and how they will correct them. They need to say exactly why they have held different partners to different standards, punished those for personal opinions while completely ignoring others that have said far far worse things.

Done trying to attack people who are rightfully angry at DE for being untrustworthy in the past? Or do you need to vent some more until we actually see DE keep good on their word or not?

16 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

Show us the code of conduct? I know its not ready yet, but am sure they have the rules locked in by now. Are previously banned partners able to re-applier? Is it going to be a "one strike and you are out" system again or are there going to be warnings? How will personal political opinions of the staff affect the people who get in? Will constant rule breakers in the current system have to prove they wont be arseholes anymore to be let in? Is it only content that DE approves or will they add people who's bread and butter is videos pointing out DE's flaws?

So tough guy, you think this is unreasonable?

53 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

We would LOVE more Console Tenno in these programs, 1000%. The Creator program will welcome Tenno from all platforms!

Hooray! I admit I don’t stream (I’m an artist, though), but I’d love to try and figure out how to mesh that with being a Switch player. : >

Thank you for the answer, Taylor! ❤️ 

Archived