Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Partner and Fansite Programs: A New Chapter

[DE]Taylor

Will you actually listen to your Partners and take what they say into account? Tactical Potato said in a video reguarding the hard variant of missions you will be implementing that it is a great thing and alot can come from it. He also added that he thought you guys will do what you do and just release it and never make it into something great like it could be. Not only is it distasteful to hear that from someone who represents you (not his fault) but he is right. Being a veteran player, a pattern exists that you release things that could be great but are forgotten about and they shrivel up and die. Him saying that tells me you dont listen to your Partners. Your community is crying for growth and nothing is happening. Why have partners if they aren't going to be listened to? 

Will memers be considered artists or fansites under the new rules? (Would be great!!!)

And will making Warframe related music be counted as art aswell or will musically talented people still have to enter tennotunes?

5 minutes ago, --Brandt-- said:

Feels like we're not on the same page with this so I'll try once more. While it's not hers anymore, it's still in game for anyone to get. There's nothing to ask for to get it. Change your glyph at some point and you're stuck with this ugly one as the new default.

Let me try again, i see you wearing her glyph in game, i ask you: "where did you get this little fox glyph?" You tell me "this partner queen sena", i go look for her, and ask for it.

I know, you probably could just ignore, or explain the situation, but not everyone will, and thats what she is trying to avoid.

Also, its her design, she has to allow DE to use it to become universal or whatever, and i think she just dont care enough about it or the game to do it.

28 minutes ago, KnightOfArcus said:

This my first post in the forum as far as i know and i need to say this, My problem is what constitutes "Toxic" ? Because i have seen many time now that in the name of "Toxicity and Professionalism" people will get censored because they're not PC enough. I will remain very skeptical abou this until i see otherwise. 

Again, because DE already mentioned that they will apply zero tolerance so called "Hate speech laws" into the chat moderater rules i'm very concerned about freedom of speech and censorship in this new program. This is more important than the glyphs.

1 minute ago, (PS4)JustAguy91 said:

Will you actually listen to your Partners and take what they say into account? Tactical Potato said in a video reguarding the hard variant of missions you will be implementing that it is a great thing and alot can come from it. He also added that he thought you guys will do what you do and just release it and never make it into something great like it could be. Not only is it distasteful to hear that from someone who represents you (not his fault) but he is right. Being a veteran player, a pattern exists that you release things that could great but are forgotten about and they shrivel up and die. Him saying that tells me you dont listen to your Partners. He also shouldn't be afraid to say that and I applaud him. Your community is crying for growth and nothing is happening. Why have partners if they aren't going to be listened to? 

DE does listen to partners. They do implement some changes/features based on partner suggestions. They just don't implement everything that partners want. Should DE implement more of partners' suggestions? Probably. But not implementing all of the suggestions is not remotely the same thing as not listening. Simply put, DE not implementing every idea suggested by partners, veterans, or the community is not evidence of DE "not listening."

2 minutes ago, KosmicKerman said:

DE does listen to partners. They do implement some changes/features based on partner suggestions. They just don't implement everything that partners want. Should DE implement more of partners' suggestions? Probably. But not implementing all of the suggestions is not remotely the same thing as not listening. Simply put, DE not implementing every idea suggested by partners, veterans, or the community is not evidence of DE "not listening."

the only suggestions that DE will add from partners is the suggestions that they love. for exemple, if a partner makes a suggestion for the game that would be beneficial to the game/players, but that the devs don't like, they won't ever put it in. or if they're just too lazy to do.

2 minutes ago, KnightOfArcus said:

Again, because DE already mentioned that they will apply zero tolerance so called "Hate speech laws" into the chat moderater rules i'm very concerned about freedom of speech and censorship in this new program. This is more important than the glyphs.

There is no "freedom of speech" on private platforms. If you are looking for a game to be toxic in Warframe isn't it.

Just now, mikakor said:

the only suggestions that DE will add from partners is the suggestions that they love. for exemple, if a partner makes a suggestion for the game that would be beneficial to the game/players, but that the devs don't like, they won't ever put it in.

Yes. That is how the world works. The people who make a thing usually have final say over what goes in that thing.

15 minutes ago, mikakor said:

that's why it's interesting. if they hide it, then we will know that DE's goal with this new program is still to protect this dude, that nepotism is still a thing at DE< and that you still shouldn't have trust in them.

I think DE really wants to handle this the diplomatically and NOT make any waves. @[DE]Taylor is in the awkward position of being tagged here with questions that will reflect on the entire company and that is a lot of pressure for one person, hence why she is selectively answering questions here which is understandable, fair to her, and appropriate for DE as a whole.

While I agree with what has been said by many of you, likely the course of action that will be taken is that AGGP and Rahetalius will BOTH be accepted if they both apply. They will not deny Rahetalius despite the ostensible evidence that they do not like him because the players will riot and bombard them with messages calling them out on that BS. DE, and any other company, is too smart for that.

As for AGGP, they will accept him because of the long history. If someone where to ask why, the most I expect from them is a generalized response, something to the effect of "We spoke with previous partners who have been labelled problematic in the past (they will definitely not specify who and will also use plural for partners even if they mean one person) and moving forward they will change". At that point, we will really see if he does change and if he does not, then we will see the true character of the company when people complain that he is toxic and if DE will actually follow through as implied in the initial post. Not ideal considering it means they do not take his past toxicity seriously but it is what they likely will do.

Just now, KosmicKerman said:

I am not asking DE to listen and implement everything. I understand that they have a time line and they are busy. I get it but I have seen numerous times on video of partners being frustrated with input of how things are done and nothing happens from it. When someone like Tactical Potato flat out says he thinks they wont do something because that's there history. What else is one to think? It reflects throughout. End game content has been a problem for years and nothing has really changed. 

A few quiestions-

Will everyone be held to the same standards when applying and after being accepted? OR will some be allowed to do as they wish without any actions taken when they violate the new giudelines?

Will this program to used as more than just a free advertisement system as the partner programe ended up becoming? Will creators be asked for ideas and be listened to rather than being fully ignored?

Will changes to the terms and agreements for the program be made known to all creators as they are made or will they be made in secret and cause creators to violate them without even being informed?

Like many others have stated here I am hopeful yet very skeptical of this "new" program actually changing anything

1 minute ago, KosmicKerman said:

Yes. That is how the world works. The people who make a thing usually have final say over what goes in that thing.

and this sucks, because DE doesn't do what is best for the game, but what they think is best for the game. even if it is obviously not the best. tell me, why in the seven hell would DE fight tooth and nail so that at first, only carrier had vacuum? is the game better now that even compagnon have vacuum? yes. yes it is bette.r but DE absolutely hated this. the same stupid logic why DE does not want insta-looting of the rewards in railjack.a you see this intrisic at 100 000 meter away in the map? yeah, you'll be going yourself picking that up, cause DE doesn't want it to be automatically added to your loot rewards. for what reason? for NO reason. it's painful, that's it. that's not good gameplay design, and DE does nothing to fix it, despite literally being a problem for everyone.

3 minutes ago, SirTedz said:

Will memers be considered artists or fansites under the new rules? (Would be great!!!)

And will making Warframe related music be counted as art aswell or will musically talented people still have to enter tennotunes?

7 minutes ago, Stickman949 said:

Question though for Taylor... Will SFM Artists benefit from this program? I'd love to start working with you guys via my SFM art.

We are open to seeing what kind of artists apply to this program. I'm not 100% sure about meme accounts, but musicians and SFM artists would be judged on a case-by-case basis. For musicians specifically, we had music-focused YouTubers in the Partner program so we would love to see what else we can do for that type of content where possible.

1 minute ago, [DE]Taylor said:

We are open to seeing what kind of artists apply to this program. I'm not 100% sure about meme accounts, but musicians and SFM artists would be judged on a case-by-case basis. For musicians specifically, we had music-focused YouTubers in the Partner program so we would love to see what else we can do for that type of content where possible.

Meme huh ? As long as we can have @[DE]Danielle reviewing them with filmed reaction that would be great ^.^ 

21 minutes ago, --Brandt-- said:

Feels like we're not on the same page with this so I'll try once more. While it's not hers anymore, it's still in game for anyone to get. There's nothing to ask for to get it. Change your glyph at some point and you're stuck with this ugly one as the new default.

You're right, you aren't on the same page. You're not even in the same book.

She got sick of people like you who felt entitled to the image she either created herself or had created for her. You are not entitled to it, it's hers, and was licensed to DE under the conditions involved with the glyph process. She subsequently got sick of glyph hunters who don't give a damn about the streamers and video creators the glyphs were created by and for, and asked for it to go away.

So enjoy that blank spot in your glyph library, and know your toxic attitude is why it's there.

2 minutes ago, Feltal said:

You made one about a week ago when you took out Dogman Dan for disagreeing with your politics on his personal twitter.

Don't you know? DE doesn't make mistakes and obviously will never admit they screwed up in this case.

Okay, cool.  The one constant in Warframe is change; I'm looking forward to seeing the new creator program.  I have a few questions:

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:
  • Warframe Partner / Fansite Programs close June 19.
  • Creator Program being introduced later this summer

Does this mean there will be a gap in plat/glyph code giveaways between the end of the old program and the beginning of the new one?  Will things like Prime Access and Prime Vault giveaways still be a thing in the new program?

Glyph waves will continue in the future, just not within the exclusive context of the Creator program.

Will the basic way players acquires glyphs be changing, or will it still be mostly through one-time codes and a couple of universal codes?  Will the universal glyph codes still work in the interim and after the new program starts?

music streams related to Warframe.

I notice we forgot to have a Tenno Tunes contest this year, is this gearing up to be a replacement for that?

All partners' glyph should be global and add a dedicated page in the in-game codex with their glyph and name & twitch/ youtube link to promote their channel. Moreover, making all glyph global can also prevent some harsh requirements such as watching stream for 500 hours, subscribe to his channel 3 times etc. 

3 minutes ago, RL_Fyrguson said:

Lol DE cutting all partners and starting new program so they don’t have to kick individuals out... 

what did you expected? can't single out individuals, that would be admitting they were in the wrong.

So now I can see Creators that make content related to Warframe and not be directed to Twitch and YouTube channels filled with Animal Crossing, Shark Simulator, Left for Dead or something else I have no interest in playing? Awesome!

1 minute ago, (PS4)JustAguy91 said:

I am not asking DE to listen and implement everything. I understand that they have a time line and they are busy. I get it but I have seen numerous times on video of partners being frustrated with input of how things are done and nothing happens from it. When someone like Tactical Potato flat out says he thinks they wont do something because that's there history. What else is one to think? It reflects throughout. End game content has been a problem for years and nothing has really changed. 

I hear you but everyone's take on end game content is different. And setting aside the form of end content, the other problem is rewards. Will people do "end game" content without rewards to match? I don't think so. And so the issue becomes less about creating more challenging content and more about offering more generous rewards. There are valid reasons for Devs to have rewards for content that only a small portion of the community is able to complete and there are valid reasons for Devs to make rewards more accessible to the community at large. This is a philosophical question that is really up to the Devs as it defines what kind of game they want to make. 

Archived