Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Bug] Negative chance to gain combo count on rivens break melee weapons

The newly added “chance to gain combo count” stat in melee rivens can give up 100% -102% negative chance to gain combo, meaning not even Relentless Combination or True Punishment, mods that give 100% PLUS chance to gain combo can fix this negative stat. Simply put your combo will NEVER rise with this negative stat. If a melee weapon can’t gain combo, even with a band aid mod. It’s a dead weapon.The -2.2%(100-102%) combo gain makes the weapon impossible to gain any combo. I don’t want to believe DE intended the negative to work this way.

Another player reporting this bug^

Edited by (PS4)Dredgen_Vor
  • Like 1

Personally I see this as a free negative. Never been a fan of the combo mods, I don’t exclusively use melee and don’t like the idea of keeping my combo up.

If I rolled a riven with this I would be quite happy.

You don’t need to use the combo system to create melee weapons that can do high level content.

Regardless of whether or not a weapon is viable without combo stacks, there's clearly something wrong.

I've always been a bit concerned by the fact that one is "combo count chance" and the other is "chance to gain combo count" but I never got the right riven to test, and TBH this reaffirms my suspicion that they really are separate stats.

What I figure is happening is that "combo count chance" is a multiplier that relies on the base stat of 1 being there, and if "chance to gain combo count" changes that 1 to 0, then no matter what your additional combo count chance is, you're just multiplying by 0.

Obviously this is entirely unnecessary and should just be one stat.

Edited by rapt0rman
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, (PS4)Dredgen_Vor said:

As if DE reads PS4 bug section, I want to post it in PC bugs because I’m sure it exists on PC too but it won’t allow me

The only thing they will do with your topic is lock it to oblivion. For your information, they read the Feedback and Bugs section but they don't care about General Discussion though. And you're not better than anyone, there are rules you should follow, ie you should post where the topic belongs.

So either Feedback or Bugs, both will be read. But not here. It's not a general discussion, unless you want us to talk about how we love simulacrum.

• Like 1

Well, you can actually get -100% damage that prevent your weapon from dealing damage, or -100% multishot that don't let it... shoot. Those are just the kind of stats you don't want on a Riven.

So yeah, no bug involved here, you just end up with a negative chance for combo counter, which mean you just can't build up combo.
About Relentless Combination, it need confirmation but I think the combo chance there is multiplicative with the "normal" combo chance (like Berserker is multicative with other attack speed sources), so you can't use it to bump the combo chance if you have negative base chance.

Edited by lukinu_u
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, (PS4)Dredgen_Vor said:

The newly added “chance to gain combo count” stat in melee rivens can give up 100% -102% negative chance to gain combo, meaning not even Relentless Combination or True Punishment, mods that give 100% PLUS chance to gain combo can fix this negative stat. Simply put your combo will NEVER rise with this negative stat. If a melee weapon can’t gain combo, even with a band aid mod. It’s a dead weapon.The -2.2%(100-102%) combo gain makes the weapon impossible to gain any combo. I don’t want to believe DE intended the negative to work this way.

true punishment does not fix it because it is a different stat. the riven's negative is "chance to not gain combo at all" where as relentless is "when you gain combo, you have a chance to gain to extra combo". chance to not gain combo means that a hit will be either a 0 or a 1 combo gain. chance to gain extra combo means that you can gain either 1 or 2 combo, combine all 3 and you have seperate chances to gain 0, 1, or 2 combo.
lets say, you had 50% chance to not gain combo, and 50% chance to gain extra combo. in the end, you would have a 50% chance to gain 0 combo, a 25% chance to gain 1 combo, and a 25% chance to gain 2 (since the chance to gain extra only applies to amount left over after the chance to not gain combo has taken its share).

Now, with this riven, since it has 100% to not gain combo, this leaves you with a 0% chance to gain combo, and that 0% multiplied by anything will still be 0. Same reason relentless combination doesn't work, you have a 0% chance to gain any combo. This is not a bug. its just unlucky negatives.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Dredgen_Vor said:

As if DE reads PS4 bug section, I want to post it in PC bugs because I’m sure it exists on PC too but it won’t allow me

They actually do. I posted a bug on Wukong’s Celestial Twin and they fixed it on Deadlock Protocol and even linked my post.

The post has 0 replies. Don’t think that because the thread is dead they didn’t read it, they do. So go post on bug section. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, (PS4)Dredgen_Vor said:

If you have any riven with this negative, and +CC +CD +DMG, for the Pennant, I'll generously offer to take it off your hands and properly dispose of it for free!