Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Baby Sit With Ivara ?

Lutesque

Question

So I finally made Ivara Prime my 2nd most used Warframe.... but naturally this does not mean I know how to play her... Anyway Shes great in Eidolon Hunts, Capture Missions, Rescue Missions and even Survival... Surprisingly enough shes really underwhelming in Spy Missions... Ivara is a Huntress.. not a Sneaky Spy...

However if theres one area where I really struggle with Ivara its any mission where I have baby sit some in animate object, like an Excavator.

What Ive been doing is I plonk down a Wisp Specter and hop on my Dashwire and start unloading my weapon into any approaching enemies... but Thats not really Ivara Baby SItting an Objective... I tried doing the Samething with out the Wisp Specter and the Objective always takes alot of damage... The New Augment allows me to increase Sleep Arrows Effectiveness but its not effective at Baby Sitting Objectives, Atleast not at 200% Duration, Noise Arrows dont work... like at all... even after putting the enemy to sleep and letting them wake to Reset their States, they just ignore the Noise Arrow.  CLoak Arrow was Nerfed Ages ago.... it only works on things that are capable of moving on their own like Eperimental Drones in the Plaines.

SO What do I do ? How can I make my Huntress the Number One Nanny ? 

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

However if theres one area where I really struggle with Ivara its any mission where I have baby sit some in animate object, like an Excavator.

Pretty much as you said, your best bet is to build high range and duration, then sleep enemies as soon as they get close. This is how I build Ivara, and it's pretty okay, but it's a lot of micromanaging  and spamming abilities. As you mentioned, narrow minded & overextended together are good for this, but it means your power strength will be low. It may be worth experimenting with maximum range, leaving off narrow minded, and seeing if that feels better. (I think this is the build I use, 250+ range and 180ish duration) I forgot the conclave augments are now available in PvE, I'll have to give that a try too 🙂 

Sleep arrow spam works best in indoor areas with chokepoints where you can sleep a large number of enemies with a single arrow, more difficult when the area is open (as is common with excavators!) 

Noise arrow is useful for some riven challenges, but I've never found that it made enemies ignore a defense target 😞 

Another thing to consider: If you truly love Ivara and want to play her for every mission, and know that she's not great for these defense type missions, you may want to dedicate a weapon to crowd control. For example: Glaxion vandal build for radiation and status duration can get a rather long radiation proc. (I have a +status duration riven for glaxion, I think I get like 45 seconds radiation proc) This works pretty well if you notice you're getting overwhelmed, just do a large sweep with glaxion and suddenly the enemies are all fighting each other! (Glaxion is not really fitting with Ivara's theme, but I'm sure there are other weapons that can serve this purpose)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

Surprisingly enough shes really underwhelming in Spy Missions... Ivara is a Huntress.. not a Sneaky Spy...

She's my favorite for sneaky Spy missions, especially with the Augment that lets her go through lasers. Also extremely awesome for the animal captures in the open worlds.

For Defense/Excavator stuff, I really recommend Frost personally. With the changes to Limbo, their shield is less useful since you can't shoot outside of it. Frost with the Globe augment makes it nice to freeze and stun enemies, along with preventing ranged damage from blowing your protected target up easily.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

She's my favorite for sneaky Spy missions, especially with the Augment that lets her go through lasers. Also extremely awesome for the animal captures in the open worlds.

Yeah... but what makes her underwhelming is that I can go through Lazers much much faster with, Limbo, Nova, Loki or Nezha.... and all 4 of those warframes will speed run Spy Missions undetected much faster than Ivara can... The one thing she has over those 4 Warframes is just Packs alot of punch with the right loadout.

38 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

For Defense/Excavator stuff, I really recommend Frost personally. With the changes to Limbo, their shield is less useful since you can't shoot outside of it. Frost with the Globe augment makes it nice to freeze and stun enemies, along with preventing ranged damage from blowing your protected target up easily.

Id honestly rather bring Booben.... not because he's better than frost because he definitely isnt... But because I like Booben... and he can Defend Objectives better than Ivara can...and he's my 2nd Umbral Forma Warframe.

37 minutes ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

Outside of sleeping everything that comes close and murdering everything, I don't think there's much you can do. Ivara isn't really suited to defending objectives.

This makes me cry inside... 

I guess Il try Refining my Power Of Three build... Trying to fit Narrow Minded and Overrextended is going to be rough...

Edited by Lutesque

I saw somebody use Octavia specter as Ivara in a arbitrations survival and it worked pretty well from what I saw. The specter uses all of its abilities so having an Octavia provides multiple buffs and CC to the entire squad. I'm sure it could also work in Excavation missions. She still isn't the best suited for that type of missions though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Surprisingly enough shes really underwhelming in Spy Missions... Ivara is a Huntress.. not a Sneaky Spy...

+

Yeah... but what makes her underwhelming is that I can go through Lazers much much faster with, Limbo, Nova, Loki or Nezha.... and all 4 of those warframes will speed run Spy Missions undetected much faster than Ivara can... The one thing she has over those 4 Warframes is just Packs alot of punch with the right loadout.

There are types of laser barriers that Limbo (and perhaps some of the others, I'm unsure) cannot pass through undetected that Ivara can.  One of them can be found in the Grineer spy vault with all of the conveyor belts.

In addition, if speed is an issue, Ivara's zipline arrow solves that problem, as well as allows you to reach vantages that would otherwise be either difficult or impossible.

Then add in sleep arrows to lockdown enemies undetected, noise arrows to position enemies wherever you want them.  You can even use these around corners with her ability to control her arrows.

If you're already knowledgeable about the Spy vault you're in and know exactly what to do, you can get through any of them easily enough with Excalibur.  But what Ivara offers is a toolkit that is specifically designed to excel in any vault, without requiring any prior information.  You can go in and have no idea what you're doing, and Ivara will get you through it 100% undetected, giving you all the time in the world to ponder each step as well as more options than any other single frame has access to to execute your heist.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

To answer the question you actually came here to ask: sadly, you do not.  Warframes have different areas they excel in and different areas they are weak in.  Ivara doesn't have much going for her in terms of defending objectives.  A high-range, high-duration Sleep arrow is probably as good as it gets.

11 hours ago, Butterfly85 said:

Long duration invisible arrow should do the trick if you're adamant about it. I'll stick with limbo for defensive stuff myself.

The Cloak arrow can't invis a excavator or a defense target. 

11 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

Noise arrow is useful for some riven challenges, but I've never found that it made enemies ignore a defense target 😞 

That's really because the Noise Arrow only works when the enemies are not alert. Aka stealth state. The existence of a defense target means everyone is already alert... and therefore completely useless.

13 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Understand that Ivara isn't good for it. It's simple as that. She's not a defense frame. She can never be a defense frame (unless it's protecting a hostage or something like in arbitrations but even those can die to AoE) which means no matter what you do, you can't do what Gara, Frost, Limbo, Nyx can do. The only thing you can do, like others said, is to kill things faster.

17 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Nova and Nezha can bypass lasers? I had no idea

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Reason said:

Nova and Nezha can bypass lasers? I had no idea

Yep... As long as Nova's Wormhole or Nezha's Chakram dont hit a Physical object... they can pass through it and teleport to the destination without tripping any Security measures :)

• Like 1

Ivara is just not a good pick for that, unless you want to use the Dashwire augment and camp with some aoe weapon+maybe Sleep arrow some tougher opponents you can't oneshot.

If you're doing some Arbitration Defense long runs, it might help to manage your specters by making them invisible though, or Sleep arrow the last opponent to let the Defense target regen some EHP, which is less bothersome than having to void blast them every few seconds, but a healer frame does this better anyways.

36 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Ivara is just not a good pick for that, unless you want to use the Dashwire augment and camp with some aoe weapon+maybe Sleep arrow some tougher opponents you can't oneshot.

Pretty much what ive been doing lately, Especially since I rolled a Prisma Angstrum Riven with 170% Multishot and 145% Toxin Damage... If I perch on top of the Dashwire with the Augment it deals a Pretty Big Chunk of Damage in a 10 Meter Radius Depending on Distance (Multishot Affects the Spread of the Rockets)...

40 minutes ago, kgabor said:

If you're doing some Arbitration Defense long runs, it might help to manage your specters by making them invisible though, or Sleep arrow the last opponent to let the Defense target regen some EHP, which is less bothersome than having to void blast them every few seconds, but a healer frame does this better anyways.

Which Specters do you use for Defense ? 

Which Specters do you use for Defense ? 

Trinity specters are always good overall, they give both energy and occasionally heals.

Nidus would probably be also good, with Parasitic Link and cc, it would probably help even more turning enemies into a Flying Spagetti Monster for easy aoe damage.

But i usually just use Trinity+all i have in gear to tank for my specter and deal some, even minimal damage to speed up the mission, they are not incredibly useful, but they are better than nothing. (except maybe the Charger Eximus and Blitz Moa specters, they are a complete waste to build)

I think they can be damage boosted, i seen waves handled by just specters super fast occasionally, but that's not the norm, especially with drunk specters that use projectile weapons like they aren't even trying to hit their targets.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lutesque said:

So I finally made Ivara Prime my 2nd most used Warframe.... but naturally this does not mean I know how to play her... Anyway Shes great in Eidolon Hunts, Capture Missions, Rescue Missions and even Survival... Surprisingly enough shes really underwhelming in Spy Missions... Ivara is a Huntress.. not a Sneaky Spy...

What Ive been doing is I plonk down a Wisp Specter and hop on my Dashwire and start unloading my weapon into any approaching enemies... but Thats not really Ivara Baby SItting an Objective... I tried doing the Samething with out the Wisp Specter and the Objective always takes alot of damage... The New Augment allows me to increase Sleep Arrows Effectiveness but its not effective at Baby Sitting Objectives, Atleast not at 200% Duration, Noise Arrows dont work... like at all... even after putting the enemy to sleep and letting them wake to Reset their States, they just ignore the Noise Arrow.  CLoak Arrow was Nerfed Ages ago.... it only works on things that are capable of moving on their own like Eperimental Drones in the Plaines.

21 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Id honestly rather bring Booben.... not because he's better than frost because he definitely isnt... But because I like Booben... and he can Defend Objectives better than Ivara can...and he's my 2nd Umbral Forma Warframe.

This makes me cry inside... 

I guess Il try Refining my Power Of Three build... Trying to fit Narrow Minded and Overrextended is going to be rough...

My Ivara laughed so hard, that she dislocated her single eye. Do you have ANY idea how much that's going to cost me? 😉

1. Speed running a spy missions is on the player, not Ivara. I prefer to collect all those medallions/statues/scan objects/etc. 
2. Your specter should be Nidus, for his CC and healing.
3. I use a Huras kubrow. ( Pet optional. )
4. I'll climb to a high spot, cloak the excavator, then go into prowl mode. ( Never heard of this cloak nerf.)

I use a silenced tombfinger and the Artemis bow. If things get crazy, I have no problem jumping into the fray. 

dfjBiMR.jpg

( Your arcanes will vary. )

Tombfinger build. 
v6Za8r5.jpg
C718qjc.jpg

I have a zaw dagger. ( Your melee choice will vary. ) 
QXmJiis.jpgtOJjRfy.jpgMifKsjd.jpg

Edited by GrazeZeroLow

2 hours ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

1. Speed running a spy missions is on the player, not Ivara.

Im sorry but this is just wrong... You will always do Spy Missions Faster with even Excalibur, than you will with Ivara. Prowl is just slow, thats why I dont even have configs for it anymore, its really slow.

Obviously this will depend on the types of vaults you get and how long of a Detour you have to take to reach the Vault, but More often than not you can get in and out faster with Excalibur than you would with Ivara... Pago on the kuva Fortress is Great Example... the only vault Ivara can do the fastest is the one with all the Seperate Chambers as the non-hack detour needed to get through that vault just takes too long. However the vault with the Drones (Both of them) can be done faster with Other Warframes mostly because the Routes will be similar except other Warframes wont be hobbling around because of Prowl.

I dont know... maybe its because Ivara Prime is an Actual thing now but before she was Primed that meant that if you had Ivara you already knew how to do Spy Missions efficiently because thats how you get Ivara to begin with, meaning you were better off building her for something else and use whatever you were using to Farm Ivara if you wanted to do Spy Missions Quickly.

Your specter should be Nidus, for his CC and healing.

Have you tried Wisp Spectre ? She can do both those things alot better than Nidus Specter... if I had my healing Covered then I would go with Octavia specter because Mallet is Extremely good. To give you an Example... you know How Loki's Decoy is one of the Best Aggro Generators in the game ? well... Apparently enemies under the Arbitration Drone's Tethers will just ignore it... However Mallet will still work and They wont be able to Destroy it either. Giving you plenty of time to kill the drone easy without getting Swarmed.

I use a Huras kubrow. ( Pet optional. )

Well... Huras actually works (One of the best Kubrows I think, the others being Chesa and Sahasa)... Which is more than I can say for Shade... If only Kubrows werent so Squishy.

I'll climb to a high spot, cloak the excavator, then go into prowl mode. ( Never heard of this cloak nerf.)

It doesnt work... They will just Continue to path and Destroy the Excavators as Normal...

The Cloak Arrow was nerfed Twice I believe... at first When You cloaked something you also Cut Off the AI's Ability to Path towards the Objective, meaning they would just stay in their Spawn Closets, They fixed this so that She could still Cloak Objectives but the AI's Pathing would be unaffected..... and then sometime after I went on break they just Killed Cloak All together so now it doesnt work on Objects (Pods, Excavators, Etc) at all anymore...

2 hours ago, kgabor said:

Trinity specters are always good overall, they give both energy and occasionally heals.

Really ? Ive often found that Trinity is the least Active out of all the Specters Ive Tried, even Protea will drop a Despenser every now and then... Trinity will outright just refuse to heal even if shes the one close to dying, This can easily be observed by trying to use Trinity Specters for Eidolon Hunts... 

Meanwhile Wisp Specter can Actually SUpport and in Rare Cases, actually kill some tough enemies at her level... I saw her take out a level 40 Heavy Gunner all by herself, and Trash Mobs are easily Dipatched if you give her something like The Exergis... which has an Infinite Magazine it seems like when Specters Wield it, If Wisp puts down a Haste Mote she can Fire it Full Auto 😄

I also noticed that Specters take a lot longer to get up after they get knocked down than we do... so to prevent that from happening I have all my specters running the Sancti Magistar  as their Melee Weapon for its Passive, which they always whip out whenever enemies get in Range. Not that she needs it because Shock Mote will stop most enemies from Toppling her overr... Shes also a Good Aggro Generator, not as Good as Octavia but she will draw fire away from me in most cases.

Le 25/06/2020 à 00:39, Lutesque a dit :

it only works on things that are capable of moving on their own like Eperimental Drones in the Plaines.

It also works on defense operatives that you have to protect on defense arbitration missions.

Edited by Aadi880

34 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

It also works on defense operatives that you have to protect on defense arbitration missions.

I find this hilarious because Limbo is forbidden from Banishing Sortie/Arbi Defense Operatives 😄 !! this game is so Picky sometimes.

il y a 19 minutes, Lutesque a dit :

I find this hilarious because Limbo is forbidden from Banishing Sortie/Arbi Defense Operatives 😄 !! this game is so Picky sometimes.

iirc, with limbo there was an issue. A lot of times, players would temporarily give a secondary weapon to the operative when there is not enough players (It sometimes takes time for a full squad to join in). When a limbo joins and banishes the operative, the secondary weapon is now useless (the operative cannot kill anyone now). Not only that, but the secondary weapon becomes irretrievable, because you can't interact with the operative while they or you are in the rift, which made limbo a team liability.

Though thats my take on it. With ivara, less people complained, to it probably never went into's DE's radar.

• Like 1

If health is a problem, you might want to get one of the Magus operator arcanes.

You will never have problems with it again and it only costs an operator arcane slot. (plus some Quill standing and whatever resources it needs to craft them, Elevate and Repair are probably the only two arcanes worth doing Eidolon bounties for at this point)

46 minutes ago, kgabor said:

If health is a problem, you might want to get one of the Magus operator arcanes.

You will never have problems with it again and it only costs an operator arcane slot.

Not exactly, Until they add Client Side Transference (and Just more Client Side Interactions in general) then Operator Arcanes are not Reliable

47 minutes ago, kgabor said:

(plus some Quill standing and whatever resources it needs to craft them, Elevate and Repair are probably the only two arcanes worth doing Eidolon bounties for at this point)

Yeah I just Buy Magus Elevate just to sell it to other players... its a good source of platinum depening on your Standing Cap :)

As soon as I get all the Vox Solaris Arcanes Il be selling Lockdowns and Repeairs too :P

Late to the party, but being a fan of Ivara (lots of hours both with Ivara and Ivara Prime), here's my two cents, points brilliantly covered by others as well:

For babysitting, max out duration and range, no need for power strength. Spam Cloak at the defence target and/or your camping location, which provides status immunity with Empowered Quiver. Sleep for incoming enemies that get too close or too dangerous, Noise to group them to a far away point and decimate them with AOE weapons. 

Energy Siphon, Zenurik dash and energy pads work on Ivara while under Cloak, so you could replenish energy while managing the battlefield.

Another tactic is to Dashwire at a high point somewhere relatively protected, camp, then manage enemies with Sleep and Noise. Like above, something like a Sniper rifle, a Bramma, Lenz, Acceltra etc are great for murdering paralysed or distracted enemies.

The only issue is buffing and healing Defense objects. I solve that with a Corrupt Charge Sancti Magistar. Pop a couple of Cloak/Sleep arrows around the defence target, heavy bash everyone in the vicinity and carry on business as usual.

I also use Vitality or Prime Vigor, as not sweating over Strength frees up mod space. I also find Mobilize to be excellent on Ivara in general.

1 hour ago, oreom said:

Late to the party, but being a fan of Ivara (lots of hours both with Ivara and Ivara Prime), here's my two cents, points brilliantly covered by others as well:

For babysitting, max out duration and range, no need for power strength. Spam Cloak at the defence target and/or your camping location, which provides status immunity with Empowered Quiver. Sleep for incoming enemies that get too close or too dangerous, Noise to group them to a far away point and decimate them with AOE weapons. 

Energy Siphon, Zenurik dash and energy pads work on Ivara while under Cloak, so you could replenish energy while managing the battlefield.

Another tactic is to Dashwire at a high point somewhere relatively protected, camp, then manage enemies with Sleep and Noise. Like above, something like a Sniper rifle, a Bramma, Lenz, Acceltra etc are great for murdering paralysed or distracted enemies.

The only issue is buffing and healing Defense objects. I solve that with a Corrupt Charge Sancti Magistar. Pop a couple of Cloak/Sleep arrows around the defence target, heavy bash everyone in the vicinity and carry on business as usual.

I also use Vitality or Prime Vigor, as not sweating over Strength frees up mod space. I also find Mobilize to be excellent on Ivara in general.

Uhm... Cloak Arrow doesn't work on Objects anymore, on top of that Noise Arrow has no effect on Alerted Enemies, which there will be always in that state if theres something to Baby Sit.