The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

because sony/microsuck dont allow DE to control the patches/updates meaning it can never work flawlessly, other bigger companys are allowed because of the sheer number of players in those games, quite often, regularly paying customers, warframe by comparison is small fry.

On 2020-10-11 at 11:53 PM, Methanoid said:

because sony/microsuck dont allow DE to control the patches/updates meaning it can never work flawlessly, other bigger companys are allowed because of the sheer number of players in those games, quite often, regularly paying customers, warframe by comparison is small fry.

Exactly, wf isnt one of the bigger games, so you'd think that the consoles wouldnt mind the cross save, but they greedy and tryna pull every single penny

7 hours ago, (XB1)RazorMuffin03 said:

Exactly, wf isnt one of the bigger games, so you'd think that the consoles wouldnt mind the cross save, but they greedy and tryna pull every single penny

I do however see an issue with PC that other games that have cross save probably do not have. Steam. Fortnite is on epic store, which also owns the game. Destiny 2, I am not sure. I think it is on steam. Why would steam allow cross save in a F2P game? They make money from their cut of platinum sales. If you can or do buy these somewhere else, they just taking the expense of platforming the game with no revenue?

On 10/10/20 at 3:54 PM, prodi1600 said:

I see more viable crossave than corssplay, warframe indeed its a game heavy on the update department, and I play many mmo at this moment but the only one thats always asking me for patching its warframe.

Compared to: FFXIV, No man Sky, Genshin Impact & Destiny 2.

Yeah. Their approach to patches needs to change to make either possible. I doubt they'd ever get crossplay working without dedicated servers, which is a whole other can of worms. As far as I can tell, the devs are very dismissive about crossplay because getting there would be a huge undertaking.

6 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

I do however see an issue with PC that other games that have cross save probably do not have. Steam. Fortnite is on epic store, which also owns the game. Destiny 2, I am not sure. I think it is on steam. Why would steam allow cross save in a F2P game? They make money from their cut of platinum sales. If you can or do buy these somewhere else, they just taking the expense of platforming the game with no revenue?

No.

Explaining this in as few words as possible.

Basically, my switch is slowly dying and is barely playable, and it looks like my only options are losing all the progress I've made so far and have to start from scratch on my PC, or wait and pray for a miracle to happen and cross-save implemented.

Are these really my only two options? Is there really no way to transfer my data to PC, just this one time?

3 minutes ago, (NSW)KitsuneSP said:

Basically, my switch is slowly dying and is barely playable, and it looks like my only options are losing all the progress I've made so far and have to start from scratch on my PC, or wait and pray for a miracle to happen and cross-save implemented.

Are these really my only two options? Is there really no way to transfer my data to PC, just this one time?

Sorry dude, it doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon. Maybe you can just remember your account info on your current switch and play it on a different one? Idk how switches work because I don't have one.

10 minutes ago, (NSW)KitsuneSP said:

Yep. No way to migrate. I have two accounts. I play on both. It really really really sucks starting from the bottom. As much money I spent on Switch in-game purchases I refuse to do it all over again on PS4. If there was cross-save, then I wouldn’t mind buying PS4-exclusive content. 

4 minutes ago, WH1735S0W said:

Not really, but switches are pretty expensive and the OP might not be able to get another one.

Speaking of which, how is your switch dying OP? 

Yeah, I can't buy another one, just bought the PC so I'm not buying any console any time soon.

1. It's screen detects "ghost touches" on it sporadically , and I already sent it to repair twice for it.

2. Battery dies way too often, this one was kinda expected and can be fixed with by playing it docked, but I use my PC most of the times, and my monitor doesn't have the "picture in picture" feature.

3. It rebooted itself once, dunno why.

4. And the most obvious, joy-con drift, which again can be fixed with the dock and my horipad. But again, same problem with #2.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)KitsuneSP said:

Yeah, I can't buy another one, just bought the PC so I'm not buying any console any time soon.

1. It's screen detects "ghost touches" on it sporadically , and I already sent it to repair twice for it.

2. Battery dies way too often, this one was kinda expected and can be fixed with by playing it docked, but I use my PC most of the times, and my monitor doesn't have the "picture in picture" feature.

3. It rebooted itself once, dunno why.

4. And the most obvious, joy-con drift, which again can be fixed with the dock and my horipad. But again, same problem with #2.

Is that a common problem? My Switch has become almost unplayable for pretty much anything unless it is as passive as pokemon, until I can replace my joy-con. The drift on that thing is driving me crazy. 

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Is that a common problem? My Switch has become almost unplayable for pretty much anything unless it is as passive as pokemon, until I can replace my joy-con. The drift on that thing is driving me crazy. 

Joy-con drift? It happens to almost everyone, so yes, it's a very common thing. The rest, except for the battery dying quickly which is something that ends up happening to almost everything, and the sudden "ghost touches", I've never seen it happen to anybody else.

Since I come from ps4 and I have been addicted to Warframe again on PC. I was thinking of people paying a fee for them to transfer over their progress from Ps4>PC or from XB1>PC. Maybe a fee like $30-$40 for the account to validly work on PC or vise versa.

44 minutes ago, ALittleBrother said:

Maybe a fee like $30-$40 for the account to validly work on PC or vise versa.

What's funny is that you think it would cost this little. If you look at how much money a console manufacturer could lose by people leaving they would likely set it much higher. Microsoft reportedly takes 15 or 30% of all sales as a fee. So, if I buy both PA's once that is about 42USD (assuming 30%) in fees. The transfer fee would be at least hundreds of dollars.

1 minute ago, (PS4)MikeBizzleVT said:

Both of you, it was done in the past one time for free. DE has the data, not the console companies. It would require the moving account data from their PS4 to PC servers, and that maybe require a human, but in the past they had it scripted. 

You do understand the reason it doesn't happen, right? It has nothing to do with the difficulty of transferring data. Console companies wont allow it at this stage, so it wont happen (probably something about a contract). 

it was possible before not now, since PC has patches and fixes different from consoles. the save data wont match and cause unnecessary issues. like say your rare item is no longer in your transferred account and even DE can't retrieve it. also consoles have exclusive cosmetics which might cause another issue in terms of game items. things like this sound little but can be unnecessary issues to deal with. 

Archived