Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Steel Path, the Derelicts, and you

[DE]Momaw

4 hours ago, Lxndr77 said:

Seriously? You said there no surface missions there are, i dont care what they are and are not, your point was that phobos was too small and deimos was even smaller, well guess what, they put a freaking open world on the smaller planetiod. Your original point is void.

As for the second part you clearly missed what i said, again. I said make a new derelict for the open world and connect the current one to sedna like a regular planet. This also allows for random match making and gives us a brand new derelict which was the point of my post in the first place, why move it at all when you can make a new interesting tileset?

Okay so Phobos has two “surface” missions that take place in space.

Your idea is neat and all but it’s not happening. It’s literally taking the Derelicts, and moving them over there. At BEST there’ll be minor graphics improvements.

On 2020-08-05 at 1:15 AM, tarfeef101 said:

I agree with what some have said here:
mastery shouldn't be tied behind unplayable missions, so that should be handled. 

However, a trophy with no impact on gameplay, and a couple farmable resources are not so important. I think they should be left for those who are "old enough" to have played the derelict before it was removed. There really is no harm, and down the road it'll be a cool "I remember when that was a thing" trophy. I hope that you change this. Think of it this way: it's a lot better of a way to make vets happy without caving to the people asking that everyone be subjected to the same bugs and horrible grind we put up with before changes came to make them better, right?

I strongly disagree.

I would like say that GIVING the Derelict statue & emote to tenno that don't finish it in time is absolute BS. We have had PLENTY of time to do the missions. WHY can't we have some things in the game (even non-play related like these) that are exclusive to the players that put out the effort to get them in the time allowed.

5 hours ago, ArchAngel7774 said:

I would like say that GIVING the Derelict statue & emote to tenno that don't finish it in time is absolute BS. We have had PLENTY of time to do the missions. WHY can't we have some things in the game (even non-play related like these) that are exclusive to the players that put out the effort to get them in the time allowed.

Stop It Golden Girls GIF by TV Land

Oh for God's sake, stop whining and demanding that they give you something to make you feel special!  How about all the effort and work that was required to craft ( yes I did say CRAFT) the Arcanes in Cetus back in the day!  None of us that dealt with the massive headache of grind and wait then more grind and wait for every single Arcane used got any refund or compensation for our hard work. So please stop acting like DE owes you something special just because you CHOSE to do the Steel Path nodes. It's NOT a requirement and they were nice enough to give you a prize anyway, which they didn't have to offer.

On 2020-08-11 at 1:30 AM, Blu_Panda said:

Why not make the derelict trophy limited in the interest of the "I remember when that existed" feeling?

The node mastery is one thing, but an emote and trophy that don't affect gameplay isn't unreasonable to make limited.

Because permanently time limited stuff is BS.  Outside of the founders pack items which  were specially put aside at the very start for people that helped the game to even exist, there's no *good* reason to ever lock content from future players, especially cosmetic stuff, just because they got to the game later.  Put stuff in a vault and only roll it out once a year to keep it special, sure, but not lock it away forever.

If someone played the game for 10 hours 5 years ago got an exclusive thing, but never touch the game again, what good does it do for their account to have an exclusive thing,  while someone who started 4 years ago and has played for 2000 hours never gets it?  How is that fair?  Why is it every time I look at my profile I have to see rows of 000s for events from the first year of the game I never got to even try just because I wasn't around at the time? Why can my clan NEVER earn the ignis wraith blueprint? What if Stalker's Acolytes had only ever appeared once and their unique mods only existed for that one week? What if Plague Star and its unique zaw parts were one time only? What if you could only get Protea when Deadlock Protocol came out, but then she was locked once Steel Path update arrived because that was just a short term story event?  What if Scarlet Spear was the only way to get arcanes? 

Unless its content that has been permanently removed from the game for EVERYBODY, there's no point in denying new players a chance to get what old players got. 

Also with the derelict especially, it'd be unfair to console players since PC got steel path in July, while consoles didn't get that same update until August, but both are rolling over to the new update at the same time. So PC players get two months to earn a unique cosmetic while Consoles get three weeks? 

You go down the path of time limited cosmetics and you end up with Smite, and their cosmetics system is a complete S#&$show of endless FOMO events and one time missables and loot crates. Heck, there's a bunch of skins in that game that were literally never possible to get on console because they were PC events before the game hit consoles, and that was years ago now. 

On 2020-08-11 at 1:30 AM, Blu_Panda said:

Why not make the derelict trophy limited in the interest of the "I remember when that existed" feeling?

The node mastery is one thing, but an emote and trophy that don't affect gameplay isn't unreasonable to make limited.

But the Derelicts were literally moved, and replaced with a prettier but progression wise identical tileset. There’s no reason to make it limited as. It’s. Still. Here.

On 2020-08-12 at 2:09 AM, (XB1)sinamanthediva said:

Stop It Golden Girls GIF by TV Land

Oh for God's sake, stop whining and demanding that they give you something to make you feel special!  How about all the effort and work that was required to craft ( yes I did say CRAFT) the Arcanes in Cetus back in the day!  None of us that dealt with the massive headache of grind and wait then more grind and wait for every single Arcane used got any refund or compensation for our hard work. So please stop acting like DE owes you something special just because you CHOSE to do the Steel Path nodes. It's NOT a requirement and they were nice enough to give you a prize anyway, which they didn't have to offer.

That's my point. NOTHING that you work for in WF is worth it, because they end up giving it to everyone in a few months.
And for me, YES I did work for it. I was not planning on grinding Steel Path yet, but I went and soloed most of the Derelict (and I am not a solo player. I prefer to play with friends) just so I would get the rewards before they went away. DE put out the rewards, YES I am owed what they promised and I got it. It just makes it worthless when they choose to give them to everyone, just like your arcanes. It sucks to encourage players to work for special stuff only to give it to everyone.

39 minutes ago, ArchAngel7774 said:

That's my point. NOTHING that you work for in WF is worth it, because they end up giving it to everyone in a few months.
And for me, YES I did work for it. I was not planning on grinding Steel Path yet, but I went and soloed most of the Derelict (and I am not a solo player. I prefer to play with friends) just so I would get the rewards before they went away. DE put out the rewards, YES I am owed what they promised and I got it. It just makes it worthless when they choose to give them to everyone, just like your arcanes. It sucks to encourage players to work for special stuff only to give it to everyone.

Although I am in agreement as to the devaluation of our hard work in Arcane acquisition, I don't feel its in the same category as a cosmetic bauble and a cheesy emote that you earned from doing missions that are not required of you nor do the results of the completion of said missions provide any real tangible usefulness like Arcanes. Further more, other players will still have to earn the prizes you mention just maybe not the same difficulty or requirements that you endured.  I feel your pain yes, but I don't think its worthy of making demands of DE to make you feel even more special for earning the rewards that you obtained of your own free will and was not a requirement for critical Quest to continue with the game. Enjoy your rewards Tenno no matter how you earned them. Have a pleasant tomorrow!

The only thing im conserned about is the drop rate for stwel esence  even with a drop booster its still quite low and still DROPS FROM ONLY EXIMIE and YOU STILL ONLY GET ONE thats a 2% drop rate or a 4% with a booster from an alredy uncommon enemy that you usualy need to whate an hour for to have multiple spawn

id rather it drop from every enemy then we would have a better chance at geting it and you may not need to change the drop rates becouse if its coming from every enemy it makes the farm less of a back breaking chore to do than siting there for hours just to get 30 then another houre for another 30  i realy hate the math that gose into these new updates you think it would be resanible grind but no you put 2% on a enemy you half to sit in a defence or survival just to have a chance to spawn and then you only get ONE ESENSE that would make more sence if it was on every enemy not eximie  

• 2 weeks later...

coordinates and keys could posibly be transformed into weapon parts in the future to give each class their own mechanic or mod a passive quality, i hope that some warframe abilities also get wall-latch and air-crouch modifiyers in the next years, zoom and bullet jump is next, but i could see these traits benefiting ragdoll mechanics of enemies and objects, knockback and ship synthesis, railjack does really good with screenshake and hits compared to a corpus ship or a grineer galleon, most openworlds are also inhibited from natural feel, fruits, arbitration keys also have no function, and i dont like opening vaults there should be some amalgams and new enemies running around the derelicts or worthy changes in scenery, besides RNG mods and accesories, its really unstable, havent tried the new deimos version, so forgiveme, i just think the old derelicts should have a cinematic NPC like Aya from destiny2 or another macho robot who gives the players a reason to stay or time-attack, maybe it should be a TOWER where players fight enemies going upwards and restoring  circuits like megaman and metroid games with some music changes and maybe water'/drowning feeling which gives hydroids people a purpose like those sinking ship movies, most tilesets aren't more than PVE compared to the new content as soon as u get on archwing its back to the same stuff, so the bigger planets and the void relics feel like a race with a lack of personality for those items atmosphere and placeholders.

• 1 month later...
On 2020-10-23 at 11:48 AM, Silverpockets said:

If you don't understand the point of that statement, that's meant to be my "reaction" under the post.

If you don't understand the meaning of the word "why", it's meant to explain the reason behind a statement. i.e. WHY you disagreed with the decision made. 

Archived