Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Steel Path, the Derelicts, and you

[DE]Momaw

I'm kind of torn on this. On one hand, I like this type of concept if it applied to other aspects in the game, but the fact that it doesn't makes it weird for me.

Trials, for example, have Emblems which could be obtained from doing them, but after Trials were removed you can no longer get these. For me, I joined right after they were removed, so I missed out, and have had to just make peace with that. Now that I can do the Orokin Derelict Steel Path before it's going to be removed, I was sort of hoping it would be an exclusive thing to show it was done before the change.

In other words, this makes sense to do but since it's not applied in other aspects of the game it leaves me feeling odd about it.

9 hours ago, exturkconner said:

So players who never bothered to do Derelict will gain both rewards. But those of us who already did will still need to play through the new nodes to get the new reward?

So players who finished the derelict are being punished while players who didn't bother are being rewarded? That doesn't seem right to me. I think you guys should reconsider. This isn't a game mode that is supposed to be for everyone. Giving those of us who powered through it in the first couple of months exclusive derelict rewards that other players who didn't grind it out the way we did turns it into a cool and exclusive cosmetic. 

Rather than punishing the players who did the content how about rewarding us instead?

How is it punishing the players who did the content? You aren't having anything taken away from you at all. And it's not like Derelict is like Sedna where you have to progress through the Steel Path to unlock it; you could access it before you ran the first Earth node if you had spare keys. The only challenging node was the Zealoid Prelate fight, which you can still finish in 3m if you are properly geared. Lephantis was easier than Sortie Elemental Enhancement, and the other nodes are just as much of a cakewalk as the rest of the Steel Path.

And this is coming from someone who blitzed through the Steel Path within the first couple days of launch, completing the Derelict on day 1 by using the aforementioned keys.

It is a strange choice, however, to completely remove the Derelict. It's an iconic spot for a lot of long-time players, and unless Deimos comes with a Derelict tileset refresh/just uses the old tiles, it seems like an odd thing to do. Not like the Infested are over-represented in the starchart.

10 hours ago, exturkconner said:

I don't agree with that. It's a cosmetic reward that has a circumstance attached to it to earn it.If that reward circumstance isn't a thing anymore why should someone get it for not doing it? Having exclusive rewards not every player can have is a cool thing for veterans. We already have some of that in Dojos for older clans. Rooms that aren't a thing anymore and Trophy's from events and what not. More of that should be around.

Everybody say it with me. 
*Being*a 'warframe vet' means absolutely nothing. 
I mean come on its not like we are fighting in 'Nom' it's meaningless and an awful excuses.

6 hours ago, -NICHE- said:

It is a strange choice, however, to completely remove the Derelict. It's an iconic spot for a lot of long-time players, and unless Deimos comes with a Derelict tileset refresh/just uses the old tiles, it seems like an odd thing to do. Not like the Infested are over-represented in the starchart.

I agree, the Derelict should have been connected to Sedna and Deimos should of had a completely new derelict made for it. It just feels like they ran out of time to finish the update completely. The orbs third boss anyone? I would love to see an update where they go back and do all the stuff they promised no matter how big, there is a long enough list for it to be counted as an update now.

I have a question : since you will remove the derelicts, how will we be able to scan Kavats ? I believe that they only spawn there (excluding the Vasca ones), and I wondered how are we gonna be able to get Kavat scans after the update...

14 hours ago, saghzs said:

Was really hoping for it to become unobtainable, since it doesn't really do much gameplay wise, but rather is a trophy.
So having a trophy to show off that you were there and you did that thing during that timeframe would be nice.

but you should remember: zealoid prelate on steel path was pain

15 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

The answer is: After Heart of Deimos launches, finishing the Deimos region will give you BOTH the Deimos and Derelict rewards regardless of whether you have previously finished the Derelicts. This way everybody has a chance to finish their entire set, and thematically it respects both areas: the original Derelicts, and the new Deimos landscape.

If I've already completed the Derelicts will completing the Deimos region give me the Derelict rewards again?  I wouldn't mind having two of that decoration. 

Alternatively, if this is effectively a Derelict trophy for the nodes and a Deimos trophy for the open world, how about adding a Cetus trophy and Fortuna trophy separate from their parent regions too?  If I'm right in thinking the starchart node icons for them are 3d models then maybe they could be used for it?

vor einer Stunde schrieb Veinas09:

I have a question : since you will remove the derelicts, how will we be able to scan Kavats ? I believe that they only spawn there (excluding the Vasca ones), and I wondered how are we gonna be able to get Kavat scans after the update...

vor 46 Minuten schrieb BabyKurama:

What will happen to the derelict maps? Would suck to just see them vanish completely.

vor 38 Minuten schrieb Nickolai1:

Has the derelict tileset been updated in the new Entrati Orokin styling? 

The Derelict Tileset stays the nodes are just moved to Deimos.

17 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Hello Tenno!

As some of you are aware from Tennocon, with the upcoming Heart of Deimos update we will be removing the “Orokin Derelicts” region from the map. Its map nodes will be instead given to the pulsing, infested Deimos region.

This raises the question: What happens to players on the Steel Path? You get a unique Emote and Trophy for each region that you have completed, but if the Derelicts aren’t on the map how will you get these rewards?

The answer is: After Heart of Deimos launches, finishing the Deimos region will give you BOTH the Deimos and Derelict rewards regardless of whether you have previously finished the Derelicts. This way everybody has a chance to finish their entire set, and thematically it respects both areas: the original Derelicts, and the new Deimos landscape.

honestly, i was hoping that the derelict nodes would be reserved for railjack derelict encounters...

adding a bit of another reason to go there (corrupt mod farming) as well as giving rj in general a bit of a bump up in content / purpose.

oh well. 

2 hours ago, Katinka said:

If I've already completed the Derelicts will completing the Deimos region give me the Derelict rewards again?  I wouldn't mind having two of that decoration. 

Alternatively, if this is effectively a Derelict trophy for the nodes and a Deimos trophy for the open world, how about adding a Cetus trophy and Fortuna trophy separate from their parent regions too?  If I'm right in thinking the starchart node icons for them are 3d models then maybe they could be used for it?

THIS

100% THIS.

4 hours ago, -NICHE- said:

How is it punishing the players who did the content? You aren't having anything taken away from you at all. And it's not like Derelict is like Sedna where you have to progress through the Steel Path to unlock it; you could access it before you ran the first Earth node if you had spare keys. The only challenging node was the Zealoid Prelate fight, which you can still finish in 3m if you are properly geared. Lephantis was easier than Sortie Elemental Enhancement, and the other nodes are just as much of a cakewalk as the rest of the Steel Path.

And this is coming from someone who blitzed through the Steel Path within the first couple days of launch, completing the Derelict on day 1 by using the aforementioned keys.

I explained how right? Because the players who did the content early have to complete more nodes to get the rewards than the players that didn't to get the same amount of rewards.It's not a matter of how easy or hard those nodes are it's a matter of equity. Making the players who did the derelict also do the new nodes. And not making the new players do the derelict nodes means the players who did it quickly have more nodes to clear. More work to do. That is a punishment for being an early adopter. I'm not saying the game doesn't do things like this. It has been known too. I am however saying that considering this is just a cosmetic there is no reason too.

This is not what ppl want to know... we want to know what happens with the vaults...is that game mode gone forever? It was a quite interesting and kinda unique game mode...

11 minutes ago, kuryux said:

This is not what ppl want to know... we want to know what happens with the vaults...is that game mode gone forever? It was a quite interesting and kinda unique game mode...

No, all nodes/mission types from Derelict will be available on Deimos

This raises the question: What happens to players on the Steel Path?

The question is; Why cant the Derelict be connected to Sedna and changed into a regular planet with node progression and a new tile set be made for Deimos? I'm sure there are plenty of ideas from the open world to use.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Skullstachio said:

Another question that should be pondered, how will other players be able to earn the blueprint/parts for the Pathocyst post-heart of deimos.

That's certainly a good question. In the event (And it sounds like this is the case) the existing derelict nodes will be moved onto the Deimos starchart region, I'm very sure that the derelict tileset (Updated in the Entrati style or not) will be in the non-open world nodes across Deimos. With the derelict missions there, the vaults will be randomly there as well, same as always.

Archived