Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next gen graphics ?

I don't know why every thread that can be constructive is gonna get tainted by Felsagger.

They are already working on the experimental deferred rendering, supposedly next-gen and replacing the lighting, reflections and shadows we have currently, you can turn it on in your launcher to try it out, won't hurt at all except for your framerates.

In a live stream before Deadlock Protocol update, Steve was asked if he's gonna replace Evolution Engine with Unreal Engine 5, he said "Over my dead body".

So there you go.

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

War frame looks like crap compared to current standards. 

That depends on if WF actually tries to achieve full on photo realism or not.

Do you run around and say BL2/3, Torchlight, Fortnite, WoW and other cartoonish games look like crap aswell since they arent photo realistic?

The you need to remember player to player interaction and how it impacts the graphical choices when developing a game. Something soloplayer games can forget about 100%.

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

Some part of me kind of wishes we never got past N64/PS1 graphics.

These days so many people have this insatiable lust for more and more graphics, often at the price of gameplay becoming more and more shallow due to budget allocation.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned...but I honestly don't care about new top-of-the-line nose hair rendering or being able to pick out individual fibers on a shirt in video games.

“Get off my 8-bit LAWN!”

57 minutes ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

I don't know why every thread that can be constructive is gonna get tainted by Felsagger.

Well because felsagger points out those troubling areas that makes people uncomfortable. I know. 

They are already working on the experimental deferred rendering, supposedly next-gen and replacing the lighting, reflections and shadows we have currently, you can turn it on in your launcher to try it out, won't hurt at all except for your framerates.

It's irrelevant if the amount of detail remains last gen. 

In a live stream before Deadlock Protocol update, Steve was asked if he's gonna replace Evolution Engine with Unreal Engine 5, he said "Over my dead body".

Oh yes, that old gripe between DE and Tim Sweeney. I remember. ^^

War frame looks like crap in comparison to current standard games in 2020. That's a fact. That's why it is imperative to update the 3d graphic engine at certain spans of time. For example every seven years where a next generation of consoles takes place. 

The conversation is always constructive. But there are critiques that needs to be made. Deal with them. 

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

These days so many people have this insatiable lust for more and more graphics, often at the price of gameplay becoming more and more shallow due to budget allocation.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned...but I honestly don't care about new top-of-the-line nose hair rendering or being able to pick out individual fibers on a shirt in video games.

Just imagine what large scaled games could be made if graphics hadnt turned into such a "red light" need. Instead of open worlds that games have now (that are quite impressive) we'd have fully explorable planets instead. GTA V wouldnt just be something taking place in an area of a city and the surrounding, it would take place on our whole planet. Red Dead wouldnt be set in a small part of the US, it would be set in the whole freakin frontier US/south america or something, and probably seamless aswell. And the epicness of the potential in making Star Wars games! Or non-laggy mass scaled PvP games.

I'm the same aswell, no need for the latest rendering. Heck I'm still trying to figure out what exactly RTX brings to a game, I've watched several before and after screen comparisons and I notice jack and S#&$.

5 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

War frame looks like crap in comparison to current standard games in 2020. That's a fact. That's why it is imperative to update the 3d graphic engine at certain spans of time. For example every each seven years where a next generation of consoles takes place. 

Which is what they do gradually overtime already. There are massive difference between "old" and "new" WF. And we already know what is planned in preperation for the next gen consoles since they've showed it.

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Just imagine what large scaled games could be made if graphics hadnt turned into such a "red light" need. Instead of open worlds that games have now (that are quite impressive) we'd have fully explorable planets instead. GTA V wouldnt just be something taking place in an area of a city and the surrounding, it would take place on our whole planet. Red Dead wouldnt be set in a small part of the US, it would be set in the whole freakin frontier US/south america or something, and probably seamless aswell. And the epicness of the potential in making Star Wars games! Or non-laggy mass scaled PvP games.

I'm the same aswell, no need for the latest rendering. Heck I'm still trying to figure out what exactly RTX brings to a game, I've watched several before and after screen comparisons and I notice jack and S#&$.

No graphics? Fine I'm fine with that. 

Ok, lets try another approach. 

These are not the best graphics but the game world uses full integration of game play. 

If DE walks this path, I'll be perfectly fine. For example, full integration of Railjack in PoE, Fortuna, Deimos and so on. 

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Which is what they do gradually overtime already. There are massive difference between "old" and "new" WF. And we already know what is planned in preperation for the next gen consoles since they've showed it.

I'll be perfectly fine for the next generation with these current graphics if DE makes world integration and game play integration like their first attempt called Railjack. 

If they go Angels Falls first against the enemy I'll not say anything about the graphics. Expansive worlds may make Warframe unique collecting all this game plays into one continuous missions experience. Current gen graphics are more than ok if they follow this path. 

4 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

No graphics? Fine I'm fine with that. 

Ok, lets try another approach. 

These are not the best graphics but the game world uses full integration of game play. 

If DE walks this path, I'll be perfectly fine. For example, full integration of Railjack in PoE, Fortuna, Deimos and so on. 

Where? I see a combat demonstration of fleet combat in a very "dead" space environment followed by a short load screen and some hangar footage. Seems to use the gameworld about as much as RJ currently does when we compare between space and ground. If you linked the wrong video and there is one with them going to the planet I'll be happy to watch it.

12 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Where? I see a combat demonstration of fleet combat in a very "dead" space environment followed by a short load screen and some hangar footage.  

:Rolleyes:

Railjack space scenes are dead in every single way. A game that is old, Angels Falls First, provides better space scenarios than Railjack. 

Asteroid fields. 

17 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

:Rolleyes:

Railjack space scenes are dead in every single way. A game that is old, Angels Falls First, provides better space scenarios than Railjack. 

Angels is younger than WF though. If you wanna provide some back up regarding a more living space section, maybe dig up some newer videos of what has changed (if it has). I mean, I dont know how you cant see the "living" part in WF vs the "dead" part in Angels. You really dont see the massive lack of ambiance in the Angels video vs the RJ one? 

Angels = Ships

RJ = Asteroids, debris, some destructible resource objects, distant nebular clouds etc.

And my main concern wasnt about the graphics, it was about you claiming it somehow intregrates everything. Which isnt shown in that video. And then you want WF, with far higher graphics so somehow intregrate this thing to the open worlds. Would help if you show a video of what you talk about and not just space combat that shows none of what you claim the game supposedly has.

edit: I've looked at other videos and the intregration is on par with Battlefront 2 Classic or RJ. Space is also still as empty in 2020, after 5(!) years in early access.

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

Angels is younger than WF though. If you wanna provide some back up regarding a more living space section, maybe dig up some newer videos of what has changed (if it has). I mean, I dont know how you cant see the "living" part in WF vs the "dead" part in Angels. You really dont see the massive lack of ambiance in the Angels video vs the RJ one? 

Angels = Ships

RJ = Asteroids, debris, some destructible resource objects, distant nebular clouds etc.

And my main concern wasnt about the graphics, it was about you claiming it somehow intregrates everything. Which isnt shown in that video. And then you want WF, with far higher graphics so somehow intregrate this thing to the open worlds. Would help if you show a video of what you talk about and not just space combat that shows none of what you claim the game supposedly has.

Don't bait with obviously dumb premises on purpose. 

The game about graphics. Do more with less. 

Do you know why I bring Angels Falls First? 

Let me see if you are smart enough and guess that one. 

9 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Don't bait with obviously dumb premises on purpose. 

The game about graphics. Do more with less. 

Do you know why I bring Angels Falls First? 

Let me see if you are smart enough and guess that one. 

But where is the intregration you claimed it had when we talked about what can be done with less graphics? That was what I highlighted, you got hung up on that I said it looked dead. I'm fine with the dead ambiance, if the intregration is actually there. But right now I see neither intregration or a reason for the dead ambience.

edit: The asteroid field looks alot more alive, but maaaan that lag! Clearly the engine doesnt handle it very well.

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

But where is the intregration you claimed it had when we talked about what can be done with less graphics? That was what I highlighted, you got hung up on that I said it looked dead. I'm fine with the dead ambiance, if the intregration is actually there. But right now I see neither intregration or a reason for the dead ambience.

Nope you can't answer the question. let me help you. 

The 3d engine is Unreal based. Rail Jack is an attempt to integrate all game plays and tile sets in one continuous mission. The game is multi player with NPC ships that can be manned and works if they are unmanned. 

Next gen graphics are the same current graphics performing everything that Angel Falls first made possible with old graphics, imo. Horizon Zero Dawn integrates tile sets on the cauldrons or robot factories. War Frame is no different. DE introduced railjack because they are doing EXACTLY what Angels falls first manage to do. 

Why we have Necramechs and Arch wings? Eventually all content islands will be connected identically like Angels falls first. Download, purchase and play Angels Falls first. It's exactly where DE is heading. This is why I stayed in the game. 

1 minute ago, OniDax said:

I don't think Warframe needs 4k 60fps. Main thing Warframe needs graphically, imo, is to update low quality textures in the game so that they're 2k. A lot of the old assets in the game have low quality textures.

Yup. 

War frame needs one thing. SMOOTHER FRAME RATE at the current graphic settings at maybe 120 frames per second on consoles and PC. War Frame IS a quick reaction game. 

Hmmm...

Let's take a look at something boring. Like waiting for an elevator. From a quick search of screenshots at the times.

Warframe 2013:

Spoiler

tticu35amf511.jpg

Warframe 2020:

Spoiler

a2UnOlp.jpg

I mean...

Chalk and cheese, right?

Warframe has a unique style and is constantly increasing its visual quality over time. Every new tile set, every new lighting update (thanks Steve... I think your lighting boner can take a little break for a while), year on year.

Warframe will support 4K graphics when it becomes viable to do so.

But.

Chasing it now is a pointless thing to do, because I'd rather get more updates like Deimos out and running than worry about a jump in graphics that my own setup would struggle to handle until I cough up the money for the next round of hardware updates.

4 hours ago, Aldain said:

i agree, but mostly because of the fact that the better a game looks, the more time developers have to waste on it. instead of getting a fantastic game in 2 or 3 years, it now takes 5 and sometimes 10+ if the studio is suffering from mismanagement or poor decisions. you also have to account something happening like restructuring, key people leaving, and tons of other things. see duke nukem forever, final fantasy xv, mass effect andromeda, Anthem, etc.

War Frame graphics can remain the same even in the next generation. What can be done to improve the game outlook. Populate the levels. Add grass, people, better level design and artistic design to the stages. Graphics at some point becomes a moot point if there are compensations for them. 

1. Game play mechanics. 

2. Ambient population of barren worlds like PoE, Fortuna and Rail Jack missions. 

3. Smooth Frame rate. 

4. Illumination and level of details. 

This is always the priority of every developer. 

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

Eventually all content islands will be connected identically like Angels falls first.

That is the part you are still missing to show. And I really wanna see it so I know what you are actually refering to in AFF since the first video doesnt showcase that, which seemed to be the actual point of your post. I can only go on the video you actually posted which shows non-ambient space and basic space-to-indoor mechanics. 

6 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

War Frame graphics can remain the same even in the next generation. What can be done to improve the game outlook. Populate the levels. Add grass, people, better level design and artistic design to the stages. Graphics at some point becomes a moot point if there are compensations for them. 

1. Game play mechanics. 

2. Ambient population of barren worlds like PoE, Fortuna and Rail Jack missions. 

3. Smooth Frame rate. 

4. Illumination and level of details. 

This is always the priority of every developer. 

1. Like what? That statement is as vague as "we need endgame!". Different tastes like different mechanics, which is also why endgame becomes an issue to add.

2. Why? It would make no actual sense. The grineer and the corpus are the ambient pop. I could see a K-kid here and there in OV or a lone hunter or two in PoE. In RJ? Wut? Floating astronauts, random trade ships or what?

3. I suggest making sure your drivers are OK if you struggle with frame rate.

4. Already being worked on.

7 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

That is the part you are still missing to show. And I really wanna see it so I know what you are actually refering to in AFF since the first video doesnt showcase that, which seemed to be the actual point of your post. I can only go on the video you actually posted which shows non-ambient space and basic space-to-indoor mechanics. 

This video shows what you are asking. 

Planet tileset to space and space to planet tileset is not fully developed in this game. The game only provide war scenarios where a multitude of vehicles and arenas are connected. 

Archived