Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

7 hours ago, V4Vlad said:

Allowing other frames to get access to war cry and roar is a big BIG mistake. Please reconsider. Adding Rhino's roar and an option makes the entire helminth system pointless. Majority of players are just going to default to that ability. Why take grendel's 2 when you can just take roar? If you refuse to remove it from the pool may I suggest adding some sort of damage cap to it?

i completely agree on this... warcry is perhaps valks best ability. it shouldve been considered her signature ability on that basis. if any frame can use it then there will be little reason to use valk anymore. i mean im a melee main, and im finding it rather hard not feeling like i'll be forced to put this on my inaros p. It's an overly powerful ability that rather than adding variety to game play and filling much needed holes on other frames will just become another over powered requirement.

(besides rip line would have been way more fun and could have really used the promised buffs that weak abilities are getting in the helminth system. and also added more mobility for players who desire mobility on heavier frames. especially since it sounds like you guys took dash line off of quiver. please note i said mobility not smash my face into every wall and light fixture super speed)

I probably missed it in these 45 pages but how does Rhino's Roar interact with Vauban's Overdrive ability? Will I have to change minelayer to use roar on him? or is it just one of those cases where its not worth worrying about since its not a massive damage buff?

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What exactly is going on here with the Warframe Subsuming?

Warframes that are Subsumed join the Helminth in an eternal bond. They will live on in a Lotus flower that matches the colours of the Subsumed Warframe, as a permanent honor. See below for an example of the Helminth garden after 5 Subsumes:

Reveal hidden contents

Warframe0178.jpg

Will the flowers be the original colours of said Warframe, or will custom colours be taken into account with the subsumed?

8 hours ago, ---Swaggi--- said:

Rhino Roar and Mirage Eclipse. Really? THIS is gonna be game breaking let me tell u that...
YOU HAVE TO make changes here! You cant release it as it is! HOLY!!! Sure just let the player transfer a huge Dmg Buff Ability to every Warframe lul... Oh and the Tribunal Augment for Harrows make literally no sense since we dont have the ability 2 and 3...
This is getting out of control pretty quickly thats for sure!
I was not a fan of this system to begin with and now you guys are about to release transferrable Abilities that makes the whole PvE Content a complete mess. Think about Frames like Mesa, Khora or other huge DPS Frames. Now add Roar or Eclipse to it... Do you notice? I hope so...

8 hours ago, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

What about Damage buffing Abilities?

As you can see, we have two Abilities that increase damage: Mirage’s Eclipse, and Rhino’s Roar. We are creating a special case for these Abilities when infused on Warframes with similar Abilities (i.e Chroma, Mirage, Rhino, Octavia). When you infuse these, you will receive a prompt that you can only have 1 Damage Buffing ability at a time, and thus you are limited to replacing said ability type. Which is to say - Damage Buffing abilities can only be swapped with Damage Buffing Abilities on Warframes that already have them. However, that limitation does not apply to the other 30+ Warframes. 

12 minutes ago, I_NightStAr_I said:

It's just not possible, the problem is not the game, the problem is you guys playing the game in a way that you kept wanting it to go into your direction, Warframe is not meant to be hard, even hard mode exist and is extremely hard to some, the upper half of the echelon is still gonna trample over it like nothing, they gotta understand that as veterans, they dont have the luxury to fight "hard enemies" they are just too OP. If they cant accept that and move on then that's too bad, there are other veterans who enjoy the game for that power so you just gotta find another game or grow out of that habit of looking for a challenge, Warframe is not the game for that

While I agree with that, I hate that it's true. Ever since operators in particular were added, the game has just become ludicrously easy. It was always easy, now it's completely trivial. I just get disappointed each time an update fails to add a challenge.

If you want balance, go play Destiny 2, and enjoy being forced to matchmake with people and shoehorned into Crucible/Gambit PvP matches for PvE content progress 😉

I'll be here playing solo (hell is other people) as a god-like entity and having pure genuine fun.

Balance can go to hell. Fun is the only thing that matters.

2 minutes ago, DawnoftheWhiteFury said:

Being able to go far in Endless missions apparently didn't help your reading ability.

I mean, this whole time I was being subtle but apparently these quasars elitist couldnt take a hint, not trying to call them out for blatantly ganging up and try to steer DE decision into one direction but hey, someone call them out for me already so I could care less now. 

To the point however, this picture only further proven our point, it show that without the power given, people could already get to 12 hours, myself included, so why are they complaining about this you might ask?

Because they want them to do survival for 12hours and get leaderboards instead of 24HRS of course! If the general publicity can get such a huge boost in power, they can easily get higher in numbers, making Quasar job harder to keep top score, ofc they gonna get it, but it will be a battle of atritions, not of skills, and that means a LOT of work. And these try-hards will do whatever they can to keep their competitor down. That's how any big competitive guild in any game works (funny try harding in Warframe).

hace 8 horas, --Q--FSK41 dijo:

This System is broken and will break the game completely,it shouldn't come into the game so many broken  combinations,for example mesa and eclipse/roar = who the hell thought of this. its completely unbalanced PLEASE DE do NOT put this into the game,since you made enemies paper the game is already quite easy but with this its literally broken

let's be honest here, even if you dont read the entire post those "broken" abilities  will only affect 2 type of players: Solo Endless 24 hour Survival Players and Min-Maxers LF 20x3 Eidolon/3 seconds profit-taker/ need chroma with corrosive projection.

and being 1000% you shouldn't take them into consideration about this.

8 hours ago, ---Swaggi--- said:

Rhino Roar and Mirage Eclipse. Really? THIS is gonna be game breaking let me tell u that...
YOU HAVE TO make changes here! You cant release it as it is! HOLY!!! Sure just let the player transfer a huge Dmg Buff Ability to every Warframe lul... Oh and the Tribunal Augment for Harrows make literally no sense since we dont have the ability 2 and 3...
This is getting out of control pretty quickly thats for sure!
I was not a fan of this system to begin with and now you guys are about to release transferrable Abilities that makes the whole PvE Content a complete mess. Think about Frames like Mesa, Khora or other huge DPS Frames. Now add Roar or Eclipse to it... Do you notice? I hope so...

I'm pretty sure DE plans for people to use condemn as a cc ability. Tribunal is an augment that may or may not aid, and I don't think it matters much to them.
I mean, Mesa has shooting gallery, and because it's a damage buffing ability, Mesa can't have Rhino's roar. Additive damage buff is diminishing on higher dps warframes, so the impact isn't as big as you psyche it up to be. It's useful for a lot of frames, and that's good in my opinion. Hurr hurr, zephyr tornado roar nukes

This game has finally lost its way.

Fully embracing power creep ..... its no longer just a power fantasy its a full on wet dream.

The game isn't challenging anymore, it hasn't been for a long time - its literally an afk clicker mobile game.
If you enjoy it more power to you.

But after 8 years - its over.

There isn't anything for long term players. and you'll get there eventually and have the same complaints as me. its just taken you longer to get there.

OoOOOHHh another free roam to mine, fish, conserve...... cuz that didn't get boring af with fortuna...... 

40 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I get the point you're making, I'm just concerned for future content. I mean don't you ever want something to come out that we DON'T manage to simply trample over? I've been playing since they introduced corrupt mods and since then I've just seen them add more and more creep, primed mods, rivens, operators etc. It all has just trivialized all content.

That's why everyone wants to be batman and not superman cause supes can just one shot everything if he feels like it. Doesn't make for the best gameplay. But the other side is a matter of stalling progression which is a core gameplay mechanic of any mmorpg. Eventually, in a week or a month or a year, a veteran will figure out how to solo the high level content. Yeah maybe nobody should be able to solo tridolon but the first time you manage it? That's what RPGs are all about. Defying the odds 

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

THE HELMINTH: DEV WORKSHOP.

Tenno the time has come for our comprehensive Dev Workshop on The Helminth System (formerly known as ‘Helminth Chrysalis System, we reduced the name length for ‘Mouth’feel)! This Dev Workshop is subject to change, but here is everything you need to know about THE HELMINTH!

We debuted this system at TennoCon 2020 - rewatch here:

https://youtu.be/KoKO1nAk0MQ?t=1693

The Helminth System is an expansion of the Helminth room on your Orbiter - you may only know this room as an infested space that allows you to remove the Helminth Cyst. With the ‘Heart of Deimos’ Update, that’s all changing. The Helminth system enables you to customize your Warframes by infusing new Abilities in place of existing Abilities.

How does it work?
To participate in the Helminth, you must obtain the ‘Helminth Segment’. This is acquired in the Heart of Deimos in the Entrati Syndicate and is then installed on your Orbiter in the Helminth Room to begin your Helminth journey!

Once ready, there are 2 key things this System offers:

- You can replace 1 Ability per Warframe.
- Every Warframe can be Subsumed to permanently provide 1 specific Ability to Helminth.

Who is this for?
We consider this a customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 15 Prerequisite). We do not intend to let newer players unlock this system. We intentionally placed the Segment deep into progression to ensure only experienced players could access the Segment and begin their journey with Helminth.

What are Resources / Secretions?
Virtually every Resource you’ve ever earned can be fed to Helminth - your stockpiles have a new home! This Feeding creates SECRETIONS, which allow you to utilize the Helminth for Ability customization.
Helminth has a diverse appetite - make sure you feed Helminth Resources they want to eat to get the best Secretion results! Your choices on what you’ve fed Helminth will determine its willingness to reward secretions - change it up for best results!

Permanent?
Infused Abilities are removable with the click of a button - they will stay within a given Warframe as long as you decide you want it!

Subsuming a Warframe is permanent  - only Subsume Warframes you are sure you do not want to play with. You can always re-earn or re-buy a subsumed Warframe.

Do Configurations matter?
You can deeply customize by only replacing Abilities on certain Configurations, as seen in the Demo! But we would like to expand this further to demonstrate just how deep you can go.

You can have 1 different Ability infused PER config!

So if you have Excalibur in the chair - you could put Shock on Configuration A, Molt on Configuration B, and Firewalker on Configuration C!

For example, if you wanted Shock applied to Excalibur on Configuration A but wanted Configuration B and Configuration C to stay default with Slash Dash, you can do so!

What does Ranking Helminth do?
As you feed and use the Helminth system, you will rank up! Each Rank unlocks something different - from a new power, to more Subsume Slots (max Rank Helminth = unlimited Subsume Slots), make sure you progress through the Ranks by regularly Feeding Helminth, Subsuming, and Infusing your Warframes! 

What are the Helminth Abilities?
Helminth Provides unique abilities of their own - these are subject to change before launch, but here is the current list:

"EMPOWER"

"Increase the power strength of your next ability."

“ENERGY MUNITIONS"

"Imbue your weapons with ammo efficiency."

"INFESTED MOBILITY"

"Increase your sprint and parkour speed."

"MARKED FOR DEATH"

“Stun an enemy, next damage you deal to it, will be dealt to all enemies around it."

"REBUILD SHIELDS"

"Instantly restore shields."

"PERSPICACITY"

"Your next hack will be automatic."

"COMPANION HEAL"

"Heal your companion and call it to your side."

"EXPEDITE SUFFERING"

"Hit enemies in a cone, affected enemies will have their Bleed and Toxin status removed and their remaining damage dealt in a burst."

What is Infusion?
Infusion is the process of injecting a Warframe with an Ability - whether it be one of Helminth’s own, or another Warframes. Every Warframe can receive 1 Infused ability at a time in any Ability slot (i.e you could place Shock on any of the 4 Ability slots). 

What is Subsuming? 
In addition to Helminth’s own Abilities, you can Subsume a Warframe to obtain 1 specific Ability permanently in Helminth’s memory (list below). We do not allow the Subsuming of any Prime Warframes, but you can Infuse Abilities on Prime Warframes! 

Subsuming is the act of permanently providing a base Warframe into the Helminth’s biology. 1 Warframe can be subsumed every 23 hours. The Warframe can be any Rank. 

What Abilities are earned on Subsuming a Warframe?

The following table outlines the current Ability a given Warframe will provide on the Subsume action. This is subject to change before launch. 

WARFRAME

ABILITY

AUGMENT

DEV NOTES

Ash

Shuriken

Seeking Shuriken

Atlas

Petrify

Ore Gaze

We will not create Rubble.

Banshee

Silence

Savage Silence

Baruuk

Lull

Endless Lullaby

Chroma

Elemental Ward

Everlasting Ward

Ember

Fire Blast

Healing Flame

Equinox

Rest & Rage

Calm & Frenzy

We will use Rest or Rage depending on your Energy Colour. 

Excalibur

Radial Blind

Radiant Finish

Frost

Ice Wave

Ice Wave Impede

Gara

Spectrorage

Spectrosiphon

Garuda

Blood Altar

n/a

Gauss

Thermal Sunder

n/a

Grendel

Nourish

n/a

Keeps the heal and give Nourish Strike only. 

Harrow

Condemn

Tribunal

Hildryn

Pillage

Blazing Pillage

Drains 50 Energy instead of 50 Shield. 

Hydroid

Tempest Barrage

Corroding Barrage

Inaros

Desiccation

Desiccation’s Curse

Ivara

Quiver

Empowered Quiver

Tap Cloak, Hold Noise. Augment only affects Cloak and Dashwire. 

Khora

Ensnare

n/a

Limbo

Banish

Rift Haven

Base Ability Change: Add ‘Cancel ability on Hold’ to let enemies out of Rift. 

Loki

Decoy

Savior Decoy

Mag

Pull

Greedy Pull

Mesa

Shooting Gallery

Muzzle Flash

Mirage

Eclipse

Total Eclipse

Nekros

Terrify

Creeping Terrify

Nezha

Fire Walker

Pyroclastic Flow

Nidus

Larva

Larva Burst

Nova

Null Star

Neutron Star

Nyx

Mind Control

Mind Freak

Oberon

Smite

Smite Infusion

Octavia

Resonator

Conductor

Protea

Dispensary

n/a

Revenant

Reave

Blinding Reave

Rhino

Roar

Piercing Roar

Saryn

Molt

Regen Molt

Titania

Spellbind

Spellbound Harvest

Trinity

Well Of Life

Pool of Life

Base Ability Buffed - Now does small amount of heal over time over a large range. If you hit the enemy, a % of the damage dealt gets converted into AoE heal. 

Valkyr

Warcry

Eternal War

Vauban

Tesla Nervos

Tesla Bank

Volt

Shock

Shock Trooper

Wisp

Breach Surge

n/a

Wukong

Defy

n/a

Xaku

Xata’s Whisper 

n/a

Zephyr

Airburst

n/a

Base Ability Buffed - now has a HOLD or TAP functionality. HOLD to receive original functionality. TAP to suck enemies in a wind Vortex. 

What are my safeguards?

Since you can remove an Ability at any time with the click of a button, you’ll be able to safely experiment with many creative combinations.

For example, if you replace Grendel’s ‘1’, your kit doesn’t really work! If you change around or re-assign Abilities already assigned to Railjack Tactical use, you simply may not have one, or have a new one in its place! If you put Hildryn’s PIllage on Inaros, you don’t get Shields, but you do get diminished Armor/Shields on enemies on cast.

It’s all up to you - have fun experimenting, Tenno!

What about Damage buffing Abilities?

As you can see, we have two Abilities that increase damage: Mirage’s Eclipse, and Rhino’s Roar. We are creating a special case for these Abilities when infused on Warframes with similar Abilities (i.e Chroma, Mirage, Rhino, Octavia). When you infuse these, you will receive a prompt that you can only have 1 Damage Buffing ability at a time, and thus you are limited to replacing said ability type. Which is to say - Damage Buffing abilities can only be swapped with Damage Buffing Abilities on Warframes that already have them. However, that limitation does not apply to the other 30+ Warframes. 

What exactly is going on here with the Warframe Subsuming?

Warframes that are Subsumed join the Helminth in an eternal bond. They will live on in a Lotus flower that matches the colours of the Subsumed Warframe, as a permanent honor. See below for an example of the Helminth garden after 5 Subsumes:

Reveal hidden contents

Warframe0178.jpg

Is ‘Helminth’ a permanent name?

Don’t like it? You can rename your Helminth at any time!

Is Helminth a Cat or Dog ‘Person’?

Well, you’ll find out… 

Thank you very much for reading our Dev Workshop on the upcoming Helminth Feature - see you in game on August 25 on all platforms!  

I like how it's just another hype train for the WF community and you're all pretending like this isn't gonna be nerfed to the ground or gutted immediately. It's hilarious to me that DE considers this concept balanced but the Xoris for some reason was OP to them. This update will just be another balancing dumpster fire. I will say one positive though, it's nice to see the community excited again almost like the old days.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)ironfist_94 said:

I like how it's just another hype train for the WF community and you're all pretending like this isn't gonna be nerfed to the ground or gutted immediately. It's hilarious to me that DE considers this concept balanced but the Xoris for some reason was OP to them. This update will just be another balancing dumpster fire. I will say one positive though, it's nice to see the community excited again almost like the old days.

More than that - if the Xoris fiasco is anything to go by, they will wait to see which subsumed abilities are overwhelmingly more popular than the others, and then they'll simply gut these based on usage alone. That has been their "balancing" pattern for years.

Archived