The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, (PS4)Th3BlackHammer7_ said:

I am sad boi why not take ripline from Valkyr also maybe we can have a similar system for kubrows and Kavats so I could put charm,stealth and proboscis on my kubrow snoop dawwg 

Use Valkitty, choose Ripline; replace with saaay Eclipse- lol at mobs. Really the system could make some vary OP Valkitty mains if they do that

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

DE is afraid of another Bramma- they let everyone and their grandma have the most powerful primary at inception; get in the hands of even MR5's and were shocked to see her used by every single player to cheese content. MR15 lock on Helminth is an attempt to mitigate a repeat incident though far more are MR15+ than DE realise due to needing it for Rivens and having complete reign on loadouts.

It more about the Lich system than weapons, since that had low requirements, and new players were complaining about having a very high mimi boss to defeat. Or vets accidentally creating a lich.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

It more about the Lich system than weapons, since that had low requirements, and new players were complaining about having a very high mimi boss to defeat. Or vets accidentally creating a lich.

*nods* yup so they felt MR15 was reasonable and easily-accessed by those who really were into collecting as we know no weapon or frame yet asks higher to build and kill Grineer with. I think Liches upped to it too would have been much smarter as well before they kicked our hard work on Bramma in our faces. Raise MR req. for Lich- lower number accessing the Kuva weaponry. It does seem though some on here complaining don't want motivation to push for MR15....

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Claudija said:
*nods* yup so they felt MR15 was reasonable and easily-accessed by those who really were into collecting as we know no weapon or frame yet asks higher to build and kill Grineer with. I think Liches upped to it too would have been much smarter as well before they kicked our hard work on Bramma in our faces. Raise MR req. for Lich- lower number accessing the Kuva weaponry. It does seem though some on here complaining don't want motivation to push for MR15....

It's just a little hard to see for beginners. Tenno are masters of equipment and it is obvious that we get most of the experience by learning about equipment. It's just that people are used to getting experience for quests or killing mobs. Never liked leveling for killing a billion mobs.

11 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

It's just a little hard to see for beginners. Tenno are masters of equipment and it is obvious that we get most of the experience by learning about equipment. It's just that people are used to getting experience for quests or killing mobs. Never liked leveling for killing a billion mobs.

The choice is always in the player but seeing the Bramma and how everyone had one thus causing DE to punish all of us, the main criticism was and is: MR requirement was far too low for whatis advertised as closest to endgame kit we can have. Taking onboard that yet not adjusting Liches yet, DE applied it to Helminth feeling it needed something yet setting it say MR20+ would be too damanding and MR8 is a single afternoon; settled on middle-ground. You need MR15+ for Rivens, to build everything in your Foundry- why does Helminth seem such a punishment joining them?

Otherwise picture this... Newbie starts game. Reaches Deimos around MR8, has Helminth then his friends get him set up with an Ayanga, Paracesis, Bramma (pre-nerf); no need bother with anything else as his Archgun can be used outside AW/RJ and within, Bramma clears everything with almost infinite ammo and he has a Roar-ing Inaros Prime from a mate. See how ludicrous that would be?

4 hours ago, selig_fay said:

Ummm. Catchmoon received a weak nerf in the form of shooting distance. The content creators said that this is a strong nerf. People have stopped using Catchmoon. You mean that?

Exactly.

They're also the same people who think press-4-to-win frames, in their current state of trivializing the game with one button, are just fine and shouldn't be touched.

Sorry if I don't think the community should be holding to the word of content creators as if it was the gospel when/if they say a high strength Roar or Eclipse on Saryn/Mesa/Volt/Ember/Equinox is totally okay. Just like rivens, at best it would make mediocre frames okay, and at worse turn OP frames into something next-level broken.

1 hour ago, CopperBezel said:

Well, DE has the statistics, they do in fact know exactly how many of their players are MR15+ and how much of the playtime they account for.

But yeah, liches are accessible way too early and DE learned from that mistake.

now if only they would increase the MR to do lichs and make the weapons required to be built with a 1 min build time.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)lIKXNGIl said:

Not to sound sour but wukong’s  defy (which uses his unique pole) yet not revenant’s mesmir skin? I was looking forward to making an even more unkillable umbra :(

For mesmirs skin is probably a balancing issue, every player who want a survival skill will choose it so they can be unkillable. Defy mostly builds armour. 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Th3BelovedSaint said:
Makes it easy for us to shoot them in the dark!

🙂

Oh, I know when I first appreciated the Tribute. On a nightmare alert, when everything was dark and a weak flashlight didn't illuminate enough to see the enemies.

6 hours ago, selig_fay said:

I don't care about MR. I just don't understand these complaints. Either these people are newcomers who do not understand that the system will devour their resources, because of which they will still have to sit for a long time on survival as Nekros, or I do not understand something. To get to MR 15 you need 562,500. All frames give 438,000. All companions and their weapons give 198,000, which already exceeds the rank of 15. That is, it does not even take into account the main aspects, such as weapons, missions and archwing. Just frames and Pets. So I have a very big question why people can't achieve this.

Because of time? 

42 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Just like rivens, at best it would make mediocre frames okay, and at worse turn OP frames into something next-level broken.

I think it will be all right. Rivens are broken because the only purpose of the weapon is damage. There are a couple of interesting guns that are designed for utility, like the Scourge, that do not benefit from Rivens, but this does not change the fact that these guns are strong regardless of the fact that most of the community considers them weak as damage.

Warframes are a different matter. Now everyone is saying that Rhino Roar will break the game, but Hey, some weapons can kill a corpus on steel path in 1-2 shots. And here a good question arises: isn't it better to take armorstip instead of damage boost? It all depends on the situation, the frame, and the player's weapon. Of course, it is better to take boost damage against bosses, but there is also a caveat that if the boss requires you to shoot at vulnerable places, wouldn't it be better to take molt so that the boss obediently shows his back?

7 hours ago, (PS4)CorruptAegis said:

This guy doesn't read huh? They already said you can't have roar and Eclipse both on the same Warframe. And what does it harm? Both Eclipse and Roar already can apply to other Warframes on cast, so what's the difference if I can cast it on myself?

I didn't say that they could be put together goofy, I'm just surprised both of them are in the system. I only say that because in prior games that I have played that have done this for example maplestory with the cube system giving sharp eyes ( A Bowman skill that increases critical damage and rate) to any class or job, has contributed to the lack of party play which slowly deteriorated the game overtime. "If I can buff myself why do I need you?" its the start of something selfish, especially with the fact that our clans already don't have much to do other than gather resources build decorations and blueprints. By breaking the game I mean it from a co-op perspective. Although I do like the idea of breaking the meta I wouldn't have minded actual upgrades to our abilities whilst keeping each frame unique, this is cool and all but it might backfire.

52 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

I think it will be all right. Rivens are broken because the only purpose of the weapon is damage. There are a couple of interesting guns that are designed for utility, like the Scourge, that do not benefit from Rivens, but this does not change the fact that these guns are strong regardless of the fact that most of the community considers them weak as damage.

Warframes are a different matter. Now everyone is saying that Rhino Roar will break the game, but Hey, some weapons can kill a corpus on steel path in 1-2 shots. And here a good question arises: isn't it better to take armorstip instead of damage boost? It all depends on the situation, the frame, and the player's weapon. Of course, it is better to take boost damage against bosses, but there is also a caveat that if the boss requires you to shoot at vulnerable places, wouldn't it be better to take molt so that the boss obediently shows his back?

My feeling as well. This is going to break the current meta, it's going to create a new meta, but I see no reason at all to assume that it's going to result in a flatter meta. If anything, we're going to see abilities exploited in wholly unexpected ways, like that Garuda + Breach Surge deal, that are going to outstrip the potential of "generic good frame + Roar". But the ideal is, as you're saying, those cases where one of the donatable abilities fills a hole in a frame's kit or has a synergy with one of their base abilities, which is going to be about finding the right ability, not the best one. 

And, you know, sometimes that will be Roar, it's certainly going to by my Wisp's new 4.

1 hour ago, Godzilla853 said:

now if only they would increase the MR to do lichs and make the weapons required to be built with a 1 min build time.

God yes please. You can do this without breaking anything and apply it only to new liches, so people who've already started things are grandfathered in. 

4 minutes ago, CopperBezel said:

My feeling as well. This is going to break the current meta, it's going to create a new meta, but I see no reason at all to assume that it's going to result in a flatter meta. If anything, we're going to see abilities exploited in wholly unexpected ways, like that Garuda + Breach Surge deal, that are going to outstrip the potential of "generic good frame + Roar". But the ideal is, as you're saying, those cases where one of the donatable abilities fills a hole in a frame's kit or has a synergy with one of their base abilities, which is going to be about finding the right ability, not the best one. 

And, you know, sometimes that will be Roar, it's certainly going to by my Wisp's new 4.

God yes please. You can do this without breaking anything and apply it only to new liches, so people who've already started things are grandfathered in. 

DE normally grandfathers people in.

1 hour ago, Godzilla853 said:

Not even that would have really been needed. all they really needed to do was make it so the Liches had to be done solo (at least until MR 15). This would easily weed out those incapable of killing them in the first place, yet still allowing players who had the power to do it solo really prosper. That said, I agree that proper builds are busted for the kuva weapons and that something more should have been done to prevent this outcome. 

14 minutes ago, kusanagikyo said:

Im currently having a equinox build that can kill everything around lvl 30 except boss just by walking near them. And now image i have roar that can push the lvl to maybe 50. It gonna help so much on farming resource.

Equinox can kill level 9999 with a charged attack. On the other hand, I think that equinox is just the case when the armor prevents you from killing the entire map after 3 normal kills. Shields, too.

2 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Exactly.

They're also the same people who think press-4-to-win frames, in their current state of trivializing the game with one button, are just fine and shouldn't be touched.

Sorry if I don't think the community should be holding to the word of content creators as if it was the gospel when/if they say a high strength Roar or Eclipse on Saryn/Mesa/Volt/Ember/Equinox is totally okay. Just like rivens, at best it would make mediocre frames okay, and at worse turn OP frames into something next-level broken.

Press 4 ddes not delete maps with enemies above level 30. Play some higher level content. If, as you claim, you want a challenge. Do not bother replying. It is abundantly clear you do not want a solution, you just want to complain about the evil ultimates. If not, take me up on my offer from earlier. Prove me wrong.

5 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

Equinox can kill level 9999 with a charged attack. On the other hand, I think that equinox is just the case when the armor prevents you from killing the entire map after 3 normal kills. Shields, too.

I mean cheese the map just press and forget not using charge. Just like the old world of fire. Armor or shield i just walk by and they dead no need to release. The thing prevent it is bubble and healer. With roar i can use it on higher lvl and maybe kill healer lvl 30 with it.

Archived