Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Derelict Shift: Hotfix 28.3.3

[DE]Megan

Make the UI on end mission screen less laggy, i get hard fps drops whenever the frames spawn in the background of it, and i have all shadows and such off, but there is still shadows behind them which i think cause the huge fps drop. + they are also high quality, and i have all of that shadow stuff turned off. 

12 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Thanks for the hotfix.

Please consider overhauling the UI for mission results. This was discussed in January, and it seems the heavy feedback asking for "function over fashion" was not considered. This UI really is a downgrade even if it is visually updated...

Why though? Once you expand the reward screen you can see a lot more. 

13 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Thanks for the hotfix.

Please consider overhauling the UI for mission results. This was discussed in January, and it seems the heavy feedback asking for "function over fashion" was not considered. This UI really is a downgrade even if it is visually updated...

I honestly agree with this 100%. The new "What you did best" theme of the end mission result screen is really unpleasant to look at and the old UI was much better.

Posting it in here to keep the feedback alive due to lack of thread for UI feedback.

TLDR: New design is ugly, not functional and laggy.

End screen feedback:

New end mission screen does not remember that I want to see it extended. Diorama screen is useless flair that I am not interested at all and persistent music in end mission screen made me finally turn the music in warframe to 0%. I'd like to see what weapons were used by me in mission, I'd like to see how much affinity each of them have given to me (no, hovering over affinity symbol in end screen does not count - it's another case of "ABOUT" button without being a button. Only way in which this ui is usable is if I scale it to 50% (I am currently using legacy setting) but that breaks every other UI screen in the game by making it too small.

Mission progress screen feedback (|TAB| and in menu):

Please go to mission and press |TAB| few times and see how your frame rate drops and how you are getting blinded. Please delete those small blinding light animation as they serve no functionality purpose and are actively reducing performance of the game. Apart from that both tab and menu version contain enough info to satisfy me while in mission.

General feedback:

Mission progress screen is giving more and better organized info than new end screen design you have put in game. Please give us options to choose what we want to see in ending screen, I want to focus on actually stats, rewards, have them permanently ordered in way I want them and I don't want to see animated dioramas with music. I know it is cute and pretty and much fashionframe but I (personally) do not care about how other players look while I am in the mission unless it is something really eye catching. Please delete small light animation from mission progress screen as it's obtrusive and opening that screen few times can lead to being blinded by it. Overall whole design looks a bit like popups on bottom of webpages that is informing me that this website is using cookies. Too much negative useless space, not enough separation between fields on screen (just put darker transparent frames behind them to separate them a bit more). Also separate audio slider for end mission diorama would be nice, music on that screen only annoys me more.

Ending thoughts:

When I am comparing this design with what was proposed by you before I see almost no difference. All community feedback was as per usual ignored and swept under the rug.

tenor.gif

I have not yet done a mission "today", and my daily focus cap is at 0 focus left to get. [EDIT: I do not get focus from missions today. If it's a one-day problem, it may be merely annoying since I had a pesky 2k focus left in the whole Unairu tree, *so close*, if it's a persistent issue, I will be sad in addition to peeved.]

The end of mission screen is still very unintuitive.

You missed one! SERVOFISHING the illuminating dye does not work and sometimes after you catch one you get stuck in place while the fishing rod is spinning in your hand. I was stuck for almost 2 minutes one time. It has happened at least ten times since last night. Yes I was doing a lot of fishing lol. I took screenshots, but I’m posting this on my phone, I’ll add them later. Thanks!!!!!

the new UI is nice and all but im seeing alot of 100% CPU usage spikes now when in the transition period now!

the UI is pretty and all but at the cost of having 100% CPU usage spikes causing longer transition periods means its not really a quality improvement!

9 minutes ago, GitGud66 said:

Please fix Granum Voids. Unless it's included in this patch we are repeatedly being denied access. The golden hand terminals are inactive and no menu or prompt comes up. Has happened too many times to be a fluke.

I'm going to ask you a question, and hopefully you have been paying attention.  What was the start tile when the hands did not work?

I ask because the issue seems to be the new start tile (a large cross tile with a corpus emblem at the center.  Every time I got that, the statues indicated they could work but could not be interacted with.  The older style start tiles all worked, with the hands rotating after completion to indicate everything was fine.

30+ runs to verify and 100% accuracy.  Hopefully this hotfix changes something, but I'm not holding my breath.  DE "fixed" the lack of spawns and has yet to even acknowledge the inability to interact.  You'll note that they listed the spawns as a known issue, and three hotfixes later the inability to use the consoles isn't even "known" by the same standard.

this is getting ridiculous, everytime you guys update this game you break it even more, The Lighting system is broken again even when you turn down brightness, It was working fine before update, I used some ressource monitoring software to track whats going on with my system and it seems that there is something in this game that causes my CPU to go nuts, for #*!% sake, I play the witcher 3 with highest settings and it doesn't effect my PC's performance at all... Why on earth should one cares about changing end of mission UI and not even think of a proper optimization for this game ? 

Archived