Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Derelict Shift: Hotfix 28.3.3

[DE]Megan

Remember back in like 2014 when loading screens had the frames in a freezeframe doing cool S#&$? I think those should come back somehow? Lisets are cool, but at the same time lisets are 90% useless and I'd rather watch our squad pose like the Ginyu force or something.

13 hours ago, tipsy_princess said:

forced autoexposure and color correction should gone.

This. It doesn't matter what you put in the game if playing it is actively, physically painful.

Knowing how buggy and broken previous large releases were, I already had little interest in Heart of Deimos but after the recent eye-searing changes, I'm not even going to try it out.

EDIT:

2 hours ago, ScoutInTheNight said:

Whoever is designing your UI isn't taking any sort of ergonomics into account.  With both this and the changes you made to the Syndicate menu way back when you increased the amount of clicking needed.  With the Syndicates, it's more clicking to buy the same thing.  With this end of mission, it's more clicking to see information that was presented efficiently before.

Plus it's hideous to look at.

Also that. More and more, this game is actively getting in my way when I try to do things. More un-necessary clicking and mouse movement for buying things from syndicates, wasting most of the screen in the "ability" option from the arsenal on some useless picture rather than the information that I need, UI elements moving around of their own volition when I move the mouse as if they're squirming and trying to avoid being clicked (eg. mod console, foundry) and now the end of mission screen wasting a huge amount of space on another useless picture and dropping a bunch of interesting statistics. It's like someone there is unhappy with how the game, the company or something else is going and is trying to quietly sabotage it.

I would make some sarcastic comments about what it's going to be like in 2025 (assuming that the game lives that long), but I don't want to give DE any ideas.

First, can we ditch the screen shake on the Catchmoon primary? (No, not the recoil, the screen shake.) It's litteral headache and there's a reason why people disable that stuff in settings.

Second, can we give the polearm shafts in this game a decent thickness (like the Bo Prime or Cassowar ) instead of those skinny, pencil thin sticks we have? "Puny" kinda defeats the concept of "badass" .

For reference: (go to 7 min 6 sec)

Grineer door bugged.

Syndicate level in exit UI bugged.

Even when I have 3 GB ram in cache, game doesn't like to use that space in RAM when Free RAM is 0; so I can't revive allies, neither being revive by my helios prime, or dash with archwings in Railjack missions.

OxWDkzE.jpgFXQi6Ib.jpglMw5DCs.jpgvVonXq6.jpg

il y a une heure, IamLoco a dit :

I got the "Open 4 orokin derelict vaults" as a recovered nightwave challenge.

How?

If not possible anymore, please remember to remove those. Also various ingame tips need to change, some refer to the orokin derelict.

<blink> Only key to enter derelicts have been removed and the whole thing have been relocated near mars .... vaults are still there waiting for you.

Gonna join the bandwagon here, but can we please, pretty please with sugar on top, have an UI where function is the priority and style comes second instead of the other way around ?

I'm obviously talking about end of mission UI, but not only. I mean, I logged on, got the mail from Baro, deleted it because obviously I did, and then i'm looking at an empty screen for no reason. Did the mailbox really need to be its own full screen interface instead of being projected into game space like before ?

This looks like a bad console port, now. I wouldn't mind the small details like the mailbox too much, though, if the end mission UI wasn't such a flustercluck of terrible design. Yeah, it looks good, and it has less functionality, less information, and less practicaliy than the previous one. So it's a terrible UI.

22 hours ago, Trvldl said:

Cloudwalker still not affected by sprint mods and sliding.

As nice as that would be, its already an amazing speedrunning tool. eg sub 50s capture missions. the only thing faster is an very experienced nova, and that is only down to sub 40.

so DE would have to be high as a kite to make him even better than he already is.

Thank you for the hotfix. Now to the weird things  I've stumbled upon:

1) When I enter Nightwave progress screen, this happens:

jfrTOiY.png

2) There's an unnecessary credits and plat display at the end of The Rising TIde  quest (the moment you're supposed to head to Lua to get the void key)

3) Soma prime is clipping through Solstice Centuria syandana

YXrpX8l.png?1

Revert the Mission UI Please. I don't mind if it has the newer themes but the newer layouts is just no no. And I don't like seeing my Warframe behind the end screen. My biggest problem with most of the UI is that it covers the whole screen and it has a solid background. Solid backgrounds create a claustrophobic and cramped up feel. The older UI screens with the translucent background had a more open feel.

Il y a 2 heures, Dimpounine a dit :

Hi. In nightmare defense mission, with Hildryn, when I cast my specters - hildryn kills the specters - no matter are they mine or my teammates.

In nightmare mission, specters are hostile, they will attack players instead of ennemies.

16 hours ago, Marcus.Argonius said:

This new EoM UI is consistent with their last UI update, so we kinda "stuck" with it for years to come. We can only expect some minor tweaks, like DE returned item labels after complains, I think it was their only change back then. 

They don't seem to actually read any feedback in the forums.

I'm just gearing up for my divorce from the game I guess, so I'm trying to find hurtful things to say.

On 2020-08-13 at 3:37 PM, Tradebanned said:

Snip

Edit: For the peoples saying "Press P then instead of tab" ... what is the use of tab then ? 

Tab is a quick check. This functionality was the same on the previous menu. It also lets you still fight and move with the menu active. P is more in-depth. This isn't new, just more noticeable now.

Now personally I feel like for the new end mission screen to justify it's new, in most ways nicer layout a few things need to happen.

First fix importance. As @Tradebanned said this current system has some priority issues. Personally I say let us sort the importance tiering a bit.

Second the stats screen being its own thing is a positive, syndicates being the alternative screen always was hiding the more important information, but it really needs to get more content. Show me heals, shield boosts, reduced damage value, how much I self healed, how much I solo healed, how many thralls I mercied, how much overkill damage did I do etc.. We got a whole screen for this now. Use it.

Let me customize default filters, maybe add a wishlist system kinda like Monster Hunter to highlight certain things since we're adding in sort capabilities now anyways, and also let me choose if I want it defaulted to expanded or not. With proper customized sorting I'd personally never need it expanded outside massive hauls of loot, but it'd still be nice.

I'd love a third screen which is an in detail of my stats per loadout item and shows my full loadout.

A "I'd love this but it won't happen" is the ability to customize the pages layout. What is where, where it is in relation to other things, etc.

Things I do like:

Not showing everything that didn't gain xp, makes it cleaner. Showing syndicate standing changes on the main screen is also welcome and IMO more important than the stats screen on a per mission basis. I used to switch screens every mission when trying to rank new syndicates to see where I was at. Not anymore. It's right there ready for HoD.

The"MVP" information under player names really helps highlight what people did to contribute or stand out. Though it's importance needs tweaking to value objective tasks over damage delivered or taken IMO. In a coop game this does in fact encourage contribution over competition, but let's be real during a spy mission what matters more? My 97% of damage done with 9 kills out of the total 12 across the squad or the fact I did two of three vaults undetected? I feel the vaults matter more here.

Being able to properly read and sort the rewards without having to add up 6 separate stacks of Endo /credits is nice, and I can mouse over I've noticed to see the sources in detail.

Seeing my focus and school directly and not confusingly hidden behind my items affinity gains will really help new players by deobscurating that information.

The search bar is nice when checking a pile of relics for the right one or a pile of mods.

The background is just nicer than the landing crafts.

1 hour ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

Revert the Mission UI Please. I don't mind if it has the newer themes but the newer layouts is just no no. And I don't like seeing my Warframe behind the end screen. My biggest problem with most of the UI is that it covers the whole screen and it has a solid background. Solid backgrounds create a claustrophobic and cramped up feel. The older UI screens with the translucent background had a more open feel.

Agree. Also the fact that you have to click every time you wanna switch from loot to stats is also really annoying

Archived