Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Xaku Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

i wonder how much the issue with GoL's guns targeting Gazed enemies is negatively impacting peoples' perception of its strength

will be interesting to see how things shift next patch where thats fixed (along with gaze having better range and lohk being easier to max out)

E: Since I'm here, why not have Deny refund some of its energy cost on hit, similar to Virulence? It's not really an original idea but it would offset the ability's disproportionately high cost and even give Xaku a way to regain energy if the player can consistently get net-positive casts.

Xata's Whisper

Keep it weak and let it boost Grasp, or make it on par with Venom Dose, Shock Trooper etc.

Grasp of Lohk

I'd prefer a slight increase in range. 50m grab radius at 280% ability range and 25m shooting range at 280% ability range.

The relationship with range, strength and DPS is strange. More range = more guns= more DPS, more strength = more damage per gun = more DPS. Maxing strength doesn't make up for having less guns, and maxing range doesn't make up for getting less individual damage/gun. its best to use both, and range > strength. This could be less of an issue if Overextended wasn't involved. In general it would also be less of an issue if Deny didn't need 200% Power strength to fully strip armor (partial armor strip is fine, but the fact that it needs a target, has limiting range and high energy cost means the opportunity cost for the ability makes you wish it gave you more for your investment in general).

The Lost

Too high of an energy cost (75).

I would prefer this to be a single ability, alternatively a hold or tap ability. In those cases; Gaze > Accuse > Deny

Gaze would be better if it didn't need to use an enemy as a target, I'd prefer it working like a Ferrox Throw.

Accuse has too many limitations, as much of Xaku (especially on release); high casting cost, limited by range, limited by target count set by ability Strength. Pick one.

Accuse is boring.

The Vast Untime

Great ability. the slow is very strange and I never notice it, I think it could be removed. But as a casting effect its interesting, maybe the tooltip and strength scaling just emphasizes it too much. inconsequential ultimately.

I really enjoy having a new container breaker, its also interesting that your container breaker is also likely what your actual build is, so its very convenient.

I'd be fine with Lohk and/or Gaze having a slight power boost, from 50->60 base damage for Lohk and 50%->60% base armor strip for Gaze. (bolded for convenience of DE staff since it's an actual suggestion). This would reduce what seems to be the accepted Ability Strength threshold for Xaku to function in high-level content by a sixth, from 200% to about 165%, which has more reasonable build demands but still serves as an investment gate and would (hopefully) not completely unbalance Xaku for weaker content.
I still personally think having it hit any significantly wider radius would be a very poor idea since the ability already completely automates so much of the basic gameplay -- any enemy in its radius is automatically spotted, taken aim at, shot at without fail, and (ideally) killed, often being stunlocked in the process if it's not a heavy. The player moving around to acquire new targets is one aspect that it still allows beyond the internal busywork of having to refresh and extend the duration.

also dropping this here mostly because i wasted my time writing it out so i might as well -- the intent was to show just how much the issue with gol targeting gaze hampers its damage output

Spoiler

- Grasp of Lohk appears to target enemies in their radius at random with no particular preference. Every target has an equal chance of being fired at.
- Gazed enemies count as a target for GoL. There can be up to two Gazed enemies at a time. Further, Gazed enemies are kept alive for the duration and thus will continue to remain valid targets for GoL even after the cumulative damage they've taken is enough to kill them, after which any shots the guns fire at them are effectively entirely wasted.
- Because of the indiscriminate targeting, Gazed enemies are proportionally less likely to be shot at (wasting the shot) the more valid targets there are for the guns to shoot instead. Thus, this means that GoL becomes paradoxically less efficient at dealing damage the fewer targets there are when Gaze is involved. If there are 18 "live" enemies and 2 Gazes, each shot has a 2/20 chance of targeting somethng it won't damage, wasting 10% of the damage overall and dealing 90% net damage. If there are 2 Gazes and only 1 "live" enemy, 2/3 shots will be wasted, resulting in your net damage being only 33% of its output. I'd say that this is absolutely immediately noticeable, and even if you're rationally aware of the math behind what's happening it'll still feel very very bad.
- As a result of the above, Grasp of Lohk will often clear out the weaker enemies in a large group very efficiently, only to suddenly struggle hard against the last enemy due to more than half of its damage being wasted and the final enemy remaining in the group typically being the most durable. Since most players will presumably erect at least one Gaze when faced with such a group, this scenario likely occurs very frequently.
- As a side note, as Gaze at its base power will always cause a target to take less than double effective damage (because math), when faced with a single enemy, having one Gaze active will not actually increase the net damage GoL does -- it'll actually lower it a bit, as the guns' fire will be divided in half evenly while the boost to damage from the armor stripping will always be at least slightly less than doubled (because math). Having 2 Gazes will help a bit, but not by much (a bit under 33% damage increase). This isn't super relevant to high level builds since you are probably going to be running some power strength on Xaku, but for lower-grade builds that opt to ignore strength in favour of range this will make GoL feel even worse ("I have two Gazes active, why is it still dealing no damage!?")

anxiously awaiting someone telling me im wrong about how gol targets and entirely wasted my time lol

6 hours ago, MrFrog9 said:

I'd be fine with Lohk and/or Gaze having a slight power boost, from 50->60 base damage for Lohk and 50%->60% base armor strip for Gaze. (bolded for convenience of DE staff since it's an actual suggestion). This would reduce what seems to be the accepted Ability Strength threshold for Xaku to function in high-level content by a sixth, from 200% to about 165%, which has more reasonable build demands but still serves as an investment gate and would (hopefully) not completely unbalance Xaku for weaker content.
I still personally think having it hit any significantly wider radius would be a very poor idea since the ability already completely automates so much of the basic gameplay -- any enemy in its radius is automatically spotted, taken aim at, shot at without fail, and (ideally) killed, often being stunlocked in the process if it's not a heavy. The player moving around to acquire new targets is one aspect that it still allows beyond the internal busywork of having to refresh and extend the duration.

also dropping this here mostly because i wasted my time writing it out so i might as well -- the intent was to show just how much the issue with gol targeting gaze hampers its damage output

Reveal hidden contents

- Grasp of Lohk appears to target enemies in their radius at random with no particular preference. Every target has an equal chance of being fired at.
- Gazed enemies count as a target for GoL. There can be up to two Gazed enemies at a time. Further, Gazed enemies are kept alive for the duration and thus will continue to remain valid targets for GoL even after the cumulative damage they've taken is enough to kill them, after which any shots the guns fire at them are effectively entirely wasted.
- Because of the indiscriminate targeting, Gazed enemies are proportionally less likely to be shot at (wasting the shot) the more valid targets there are for the guns to shoot instead. Thus, this means that GoL becomes paradoxically less efficient at dealing damage the fewer targets there are when Gaze is involved. If there are 18 "live" enemies and 2 Gazes, each shot has a 2/20 chance of targeting somethng it won't damage, wasting 10% of the damage overall and dealing 90% net damage. If there are 2 Gazes and only 1 "live" enemy, 2/3 shots will be wasted, resulting in your net damage being only 33% of its output. I'd say that this is absolutely immediately noticeable, and even if you're rationally aware of the math behind what's happening it'll still feel very very bad.
- As a result of the above, Grasp of Lohk will often clear out the weaker enemies in a large group very efficiently, only to suddenly struggle hard against the last enemy due to more than half of its damage being wasted and the final enemy remaining in the group typically being the most durable. Since most players will presumably erect at least one Gaze when faced with such a group, this scenario likely occurs very frequently.
- As a side note, as Gaze at its base power will always cause a target to take less than double effective damage (because math), when faced with a single enemy, having one Gaze active will not actually increase the net damage GoL does -- it'll actually lower it a bit, as the guns' fire will be divided in half evenly while the boost to damage from the armor stripping will always be at least slightly less than doubled (because math). Having 2 Gazes will help a bit, but not by much (a bit under 33% damage increase). This isn't super relevant to high level builds since you are probably going to be running some power strength on Xaku, but for lower-grade builds that opt to ignore strength in favour of range this will make GoL feel even worse ("I have two Gazes active, why is it still dealing no damage!?")

anxiously awaiting someone telling me im wrong about how gol targets and entirely wasted my time lol

If they expressed they are going to fix that, why does this matter? I personally don't like the 360 degree targeting angle and would prefer if it was only a frontal cone of 150 (not quite 180).

5 hours ago, Velitria said:

If they expressed they are going to fix that, why does this matter? I personally don't like the 360 degree targeting angle and would prefer if it was only a frontal cone of 150 (not quite 180).

it doesnt matter lol

i just wrote it because it was on my mind and figured i might as well drop it in

E: Also I'd be fine if it was made to only target enemies in the general direction of your view (would certainly pull it back from the brink of being World On Fire Except Gun) but at the same time I think it'd have to be rebalanced significantly in that case which I'm not sure fits within DE's timetable at this point as they've already spent an unusually long time giving Xaku TLC

also for what it's worth I do like the dynamic of Lohk covering the area immediately around you while your weapons (boosted with Xata's Whisper) handle stuff at longer range or that requires more focus

In its current state, I'm actually quite happy with Xaku. My main gripes are Xata's Whisper, which is a dull and inconsequential ability, and Deny, which is just flat-out atrocious. 

Deny just can't afford to be single-target. A long cast time combined with high energy cost would have to be strong enough to deal 100% of enemy health as true damage, and even then it'd be a dubious pick. 

The main concern I have right now, however, is the lack of a customisable skeleton state. I was considering buying that new Tennogen Syandana, the bony pair of wings, but... I'd hardly ever see them on Xaku. 

I'd greatly appreciate it if there was some way to customise the skeleton form more directly. Fashion frame is Warframe's endgame, after all!

Change wave 1 has finally hit console, and oh man do I have thoughts.

Passive: Well, it exists.

Xata's Whisper: This is a passive, plain and simple. Especially now that you can freeze its already generous timer. Void damage mercifully doesn't do nothing now, but until the status change goes live, this is still an ability I'll forget to cast because it does that little for me.

Grasp of Lohk: Weirdly too good and kind of bad. You can steal a decent number of guns now from a safe distance, but you still have to get into melee range with them. Damage on these is considerably higher now, but you still need to pump TVU to keep these doing damage at their best. DE refuses to make the range longer to keep an "active" play style, but running aimlessly while keeping a timer up isn't exactly active. Not to mention that if WF isn't meant to be a passive game, then items wouldn't have build timers. Just sayin'.

The Lost: Why is it tap to cycle, hold to cast? I know I can change tap/hold in options, but I just want it on Xaku. And why aren't the icons color-coded? They have unique silhouettes, so you can't say it's because of colorblindness. Plus, there are three, so a standard red, yellow, blue would be fine.

Accuse: No changes yet on console, still pretty mediocre. At least it acts how Chaos should, I guess?

Gaze: The name is still stupid. Still takes WAY too long to actually deploy, and has a horrendous cast time to boot. Increasing the range of this to 12m is going to be a bandaid on a grossly overrated ability. The armor strip requires way too much investment to be worth it, and stuff's already dead by the time you get it up unless you intentionally focus on getting this active.

Deny: Costs too much energy for what would be a 1 on literally any other frame. In fact, I argue this is a better 1 than XW. Should cost 25 energy, as it's a bit of a weak ability. Yeah, it has tankbuster potential, but it's still a glorified version of Wukong's old 1. Also, the fact that this still forces you to freeze in place (yes I know that's getting fixed) is pretty silly.

The Vast Untime: Or as I like to call it, the Vast Uptime. After the initial hit, this is really just a glorified time extender on your other abilities and a defense passive. You have no reason to not use this. The only tradeoff is cosmetic, and if you're staring at your Warframe, you aren't playing. 75% (stacking with the Carnis set bonus for 100%) evasion is pretty nifty, except for the 25% of the time when it isn't. This is also a decent box farming tool, but I don't think that was the intention behind this. The sound cue on this ending is WAY too subtle.

Audio/Visuals: The way things jitter constantly is a little hard on the eyes. TVU turning you into a skeleton is kind of cool the first time until you realize that it removes all the work you may have put into making Xaku look great (yes I know I refuted this point in my last paragraph). The dash sound effect is grating on my ears. Color mapping is really awkward, and the Primary color is really muted. (This problem is true on a lot of frames.) UI would be appreciated on abilities, but WF in general could use a UI overhaul.

25 minutes ago, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

Change wave 1 has finally hit console, and oh man do I have thoughts.

Passive: Well, it exists.

Xata's Whisper: This is a passive, plain and simple. Especially now that you can freeze its already generous timer. Void damage mercifully doesn't do nothing now, but until the status change goes live, this is still an ability I'll forget to cast because it does that little for me.

Grasp of Lohk: Weirdly too good and kind of bad. You can steal a decent number of guns now from a safe distance, but you still have to get into melee range with them. Damage on these is considerably higher now, but you still need to pump TVU to keep these doing damage at their best. DE refuses to make the range longer to keep an "active" play style, but running aimlessly while keeping a timer up isn't exactly active. Not to mention that if WF isn't meant to be a passive game, then items wouldn't have build timers. Just sayin'.

The Lost: Why is it tap to cycle, hold to cast? I know I can change tap/hold in options, but I just want it on Xaku. And why aren't the icons color-coded? They have unique silhouettes, so you can't say it's because of colorblindness. Plus, there are three, so a standard red, yellow, blue would be fine.

Accuse: No changes yet on console, still pretty mediocre. At least it acts how Chaos should, I guess?

Gaze: The name is still stupid. Still takes WAY too long to actually deploy, and has a horrendous cast time to boot. Increasing the range of this to 12m is going to be a bandaid on a grossly overrated ability. The armor strip requires way too much investment to be worth it, and stuff's already dead by the time you get it up unless you intentionally focus on getting this active.

Deny: Costs too much energy for what would be a 1 on literally any other frame. In fact, I argue this is a better 1 than XW. Should cost 25 energy, as it's a bit of a weak ability. Yeah, it has tankbuster potential, but it's still a glorified version of Wukong's old 1. Also, the fact that this still forces you to freeze in place (yes I know that's getting fixed) is pretty silly.

The Vast Untime: Or as I like to call it, the Vast Uptime. After the initial hit, this is really just a glorified time extender on your other abilities and a defense passive. You have no reason to not use this. The only tradeoff is cosmetic, and if you're staring at your Warframe, you aren't playing. 75% (stacking with the Carnis set bonus for 100%) evasion is pretty nifty, except for the 25% of the time when it isn't. This is also a decent box farming tool, but I don't think that was the intention behind this. The sound cue on this ending is WAY too subtle.

Audio/Visuals: The way things jitter constantly is a little hard on the eyes. TVU turning you into a skeleton is kind of cool the first time until you realize that it removes all the work you may have put into making Xaku look great (yes I know I refuted this point in my last paragraph). The dash sound effect is grating on my ears. Color mapping is really awkward, and the Primary color is really muted. (This problem is true on a lot of frames.) UI would be appreciated on abilities, but WF in general could use a UI overhaul.

“DE refuses to make the range longer to keep an "active" play style, but running aimlessly while keeping a timer up isn't exactly active”.

You're forgetting that having to recast it immediately means it is no longer an “inactive ability”. When they compared Grasp of Lohk to World on Fire I was furious. Like did DE really forget that WoF was an ability you only had to cast once and you effectively just win the mission. Grasp of Lohk comes nowhere near that level of inactivity.

The increased base range of Gaze should be nice, but they should also increase its base defense strip, and casting time like you said.

51 minutes ago, (PS4)NOVALINK said:

Love the new changes and can't wait for round 2.

We just need to do something with his looks when using Vast on Time. It goes against fashion frame.

just add an appearance toggle option that persists into the mission to prevent the ability visually changing the frame...

Would be nice if you could do that with Mirage and Equinox as well, (with a fun bonus of letting Mirage choose sides and ignore light level, heh)

7 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

“DE refuses to make the range longer to keep an "active" play style, but running aimlessly while keeping a timer up isn't exactly active”.

You're forgetting that having to recast it immediately means it is no longer an “inactive ability”. When they compared Grasp of Lohk to World on Fire I was furious. Like did DE really forget that WoF was an ability you only had to cast once and you effectively just win the mission. Grasp of Lohk comes nowhere near that level of inactivity.

The increased base range of Gaze should be nice, but they should also increase its base defense strip, and casting time like you said.

Okay, fair, WoF was a bit silly. I mean, I still liked it, but yeah. This is kind of the same problem.

The real issue is that to prevent this being another month late, console players like us have to wait even longer to get the full set of changes from Round 2. So far, I think we have the text box for The Lost being an actual description. So, GoL will actually have a reason to be recast in the next set, rather than a "would you like to delete your combo?" That doesn't change that XW is still just extra damage (granted it's a butt-load of it, but it's still a weird type), The Lost being packed to the gills with fluff, and TVU making you Bone Daddy Supreme. I'm still a bit grumpy about how much time I've put into trying to find a decent build, and the one I've come to use is basically "Xaku the Kleptomaniac Turret." At least I still have 43 other frames to play with.

4 hours ago, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

Okay, fair, WoF was a bit silly. I mean, I still liked it, but yeah. This is kind of the same problem.

The real issue is that to prevent this being another month late, console players like us have to wait even longer to get the full set of changes from Round 2. So far, I think we have the text box for The Lost being an actual description. So, GoL will actually have a reason to be recast in the next set, rather than a "would you like to delete your combo?" That doesn't change that XW is still just extra damage (granted it's a butt-load of it, but it's still a weird type), The Lost being packed to the gills with fluff, and TVU making you Bone Daddy Supreme. I'm still a bit grumpy about how much time I've put into trying to find a decent build, and the one I've come to use is basically "Xaku the Kleptomaniac Turret." At least I still have 43 other frames to play with.

Yeah Xaku needs 200% strength and range to function. And there’s no room for efficiency mods. Having bare minimum efficiency for a caster frame sucks. In testing I can only do the whole gaze + TVU + GoL combo and cast Deny twice before I am completely out of energy. How This issue has yet to be addressed is beyond me.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:
5 hours ago, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

Yeah Xaku needs 200% strength and range to function. And there’s no room for efficiency mods. Having bare minimum efficiency for a caster frame sucks. In testing I can only do the whole gaze + TVU + GoL combo and cast Deny twice before I am completely out of energy. How This issue has yet to be addressed is beyond me.

While the Deny costs too much as fair I can hear (compared to damage) and you need re-cast Accuse because you can kill Accused enemies the rest of kit doesn't require too much.
The Xaku doesn't require range to function. So you can slap efficiency or energy mod.

On 2020-10-15 at 6:53 AM, quxier said:

While the Deny costs too much as fair I can hear (compared to damage) and you need re-cast Accuse because you can kill Accused enemies the rest of kit doesn't require too much.
The Xaku doesn't require range to function. So you can slap efficiency or energy mod.

You do realize that both me and several other people have stated that Xaku needs 200% range for her abilities to function, right? There’s no benefit to you arguing that she doesn’t.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You do realize that both me and several other people have stated that Xaku needs 200% range for her abilities to function, right? There’s no benefit to you arguing that she doesn’t.

Hahahaha. No... really? Hahahaha.
So, If I can use Xaku without range mods but I'm in minority so I'm just wrong? After I earned some plat and now you make me laugh. This day is kind of good. Thanks.

On 2020-10-15 at 5:31 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yes, but there is no real "function." Buried either in this tread or the Xaku changes thread, I said something along the lines of "Xaku's best team comp is three other Xakus." All of the promo material is like "Xaku, destroyer of Sentients!" but we have Lua, Veil Proxima, Ropalolyst, and Stalker, which beyond that, we got nothing. Eidolons are coded to not take shield damage from Warframes, and I haven't tested Xaku against Vomvalysts yet. XW is a self buff that's kind of set it and forget it, and when it runs out, it's not exactly expensive, GoL is a decent disarm and turret ability, but it's also about as interactive as a screensaver, Accuse is a slight upgrade to Enthrall and Mind Control (or rather, WILL be once Fix Batch 2 finally makes its way to console because lol cert) but still only really good at drawing fire away from you for a few seconds, Gaze takes WAY too long and is eclipsed by several other armor strips as it is (and I insist armor strip is not nearly as useful as most high-end players say it is for general use, I'll come back to this), Deny is a really potent but horribly pointless ability that has almost zero area of effect (lines are bad for abilities, DE!), and TVU is a pretty boring gimmick that has the same problem Warcry does (after the initial batch of targets are dead, you're left with a self buff that doesn't really help anyone else.)

You can throw as many numbers tweaks and efficiency passes as you want at this, but Xaku is left with the largest problem any Warframe can possibly have: They don't bring much to a party. Ironically, the best thing I've seen Xaku capable of is Accuse for some great zone control and Deny for basically one or two shotting a boss. TVU does have that slow at the start, and it's great for box farming (better than Limbo, at least until it's given LoS restrictions, and you know it will), but outside of Xaku and Operators, void damage literally doesn't exist, not to mention that it's a base 25% slow, which is only decent. I would love to see Xata's Whisper give a percentage of its buff to squadmates, GoL behave similarly to Baruuk's Desolate hands (pass by an Ally to give them a void gun, which would immediately make all of Xaku's other effects that much better), Gaze be stripped down to only have the essentials and not be three abilities glued to one slot, and TVU make enemies just take more damage or at least have a persistent aura rather than an immediate "bang, you're weak to a nonexistent damage type."

And as for efficiency, I'm running 211 strength, 175 range, 145 efficiency, and 109 duration, and I've had zero problems. Between Zenurik, pizzas, and drops, I'm not having any real problems keeping my gauge up, and I'm not even running Flow.

And now, Armor Strip. Please put your tomatoes and cans down. Armor strip is absolutely stellar against really high level Grineer. In Steel Path, sure, it's great. But between Fire, Viral, and Slash procs, you have plenty of ways to mitigate enemy defenses. Standing still for two seconds, then waiting for a zone to pop up on an enemy that's probably dead before it can even have said zone spawn, needing to have 200% AStr to actually have it do its job fully because Armor in WF is really confusingly calculated, and at least 150% range for it to be noticeable on the map means that Gaze is the least effective way to remove defenses. If you really want to strip enemy defenses, there are several frames that do it so much faster, better, and over a much larger radius. Vanilla Nyx, Seeking Shuriken Ash (or anyone since Helminth is a totally balanced system lol), Sonic Fracture Banshee on top of Resonance already making enemies insanely weak to everything, and others I know I'm forgetting. Not to mention Warframes that open things up to finishers, and the wealth of true damage. If there is any ability I think can be deleted from Xaku's kit that no one would actually miss and would actually make designing this broken mess that much easier, it's Gaze. Not only is it, as I've said, pretty eh, but a lot of mission types don't benefit from a stationary zone (see Frost). It's just slow, clunky, and too demanding.

Honestly Xaku is working great and you can definitely add an efficiency mod on xaku and still get an amazing build out of it. Have took my Xaku to abritrations and steel path and works great as is. I can agree that the gaze ability needs to be changed a little bit , like I said before I feel like it's should work like Trinity's energy cast ability. It's should do the damage to the enemy and then as it floats in the air do accumulative damage that spreads like a radius to other enemies until the the enemy is killed and then burst a larger amount of damage to the surrounding enemies. Both of my builds work amazing one with 180% strength and can survive just fine. 

Bump Gaze's rank 3 defense strip to 65%, so 154% Ability Strength is the bare minimum for a complete removal, rather than a full 200% AS. Extra Ability Strength would then be optional to add more damage to 1, 2, 3 Deny, 4 and 3 Accuse's target cap.

Since Gaze requires enemies to be in range and isn't a permanent defense strip, I'd say it would be fair to lower the modding requirements to reach its full potential.

3 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Bump Gaze's rank 3 defense strip to 65%, so 154% Ability Strength is the bare minimum for a complete removal, rather than a full 200% AS. Extra Ability Strength would then be optional to add more damage to 1, 2, 3 Deny, 4 and 3 Accuse's target cap.

Since Gaze requires enemies to be in range and isn't a permanent defense strip, I'd say it would be fair to lower the modding requirements to reach its full potential.

*70%.
It should be 70%.

Xaku's guns from Grasp of Lohk become an incredibly irritating source of noise after a while, especially if you have lots of them. The noise starts to overlap on itself and cut itself off. It would be nice to have a sound that flows into itself or a loop while it's still shooting, and maybe have the noise fade if the gunfire has been continuous for X seconds so it doesn't get so tiresome.

Personally Grasp of Lohk becomes a bit boring since it auto-aims all around Xaku. I'd prefer it if it only aimed at what I can see and prioritized what's closest to my crosshair. It's frankly too easy right now. I'd also prefer having greater control over what it shoots since I often want to refresh the cast for more guns, but the ones I have thin out the group before I'm in place to cast it again and I end up with less than I wanted.

Enemies affected by Gaze have been inconsistently counted for mission wave completion. The game will both require them to die & continue just fine while they remain, at different points in the same mission.

Enemies chosen by Xaku to become Gaze beacons are vulnerable during the cast, and energy isn't refunded if something/someone kills them before they become a beacon. Right now it's one of those "cursed" abilities where if you try to use it around your squad, someone will guaranteed pop in from nowhere to ruin the cast and waste your energy.

How about embracing damage evasion and let it go to 100%?

We will be able to completely ignore defensive values and focus on damage/armor shred/cc overall utility?

Also, since his ability is called a Cage, why cant we put some walls on the edges of ability that enemies cant walk through?

Archived