Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conservation, Son Tokens, and ranking up

Leyers_of_facade

unknown.png 

so as it is right now, you would require the following to rank up to rank 3...

Looks simple right? not quite, Son token farming is a little bit ridiculous as it is right now, and the additional requirement for specific tags isn't exactly helping.

Currently there are 4 lures, assuming we have the same 3 rarity of each "type", there would be 12 different "animals" that you can conserve on deimos. To get son tokens, you have to trade in specific tags of various amounts (typically tags from 2 different "animals", in decent amounts), the conversion rate doesn't stay constant and so it would be really painfully annoying and difficult to actually trade in for son tokens unless you have significant amounts of tags for most of the infested animals.

Avichaea among the 4 types of infested animals (assuming its still 3 rarity, it would be 3 of them among the 12 existing one), is by far the worst. Remember how  sawgaws ("bird") in fortuna conservation is so bad that everyone basically skips that particular one and go for the rest when nightwave throws you a conservation task? Well, yeah, it is back here on deimos again under the name of Avichaea... It also really doesn't help that the tracker on mini map isn't functioning properly (and so you can't really use it to find your targets as easily, especially avichaea which is already a massive pain)

Honestly, please fix conservation and/or make son tokens easier to obtain, the difficulty and annoyance of this farm is ridiculous compared to fortuna's counterpart. Even for someone like me who has over 100 (maybe even over 150?) floofs off fortuna and plains conservation, the conservation on deimos and the son token farming is absolutely painful, I can only imagine how it is like for less experienced hunters as well as those that don't enjoy this minigame.

1 minute ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

unknown.png 

so as it is right now, you would require the following to rank up to rank 3...

Looks simple right? not quite, Son token farming is a little bit ridiculous as it is right now, and the additional requirement for specific tags isn't exactly helping.

Currently there are 4 lures, assuming we have the same 3 rarity of each "type", there would be 12 different "animals" that you can conserve on deimos. To get son tokens, you have to trade in specific tags of various amounts (typically tags from 2 different "animals", in decent amounts), the conversion rate doesn't stay constant and so it would be really painfully annoying and difficult to actually trade in for son tokens unless you have significant amounts of tags for most of the infested animals.

Avichaea among the 4 types of infested animals (assuming its still 3 rarity, it would be 3 of them among the 12 existing one), is by far the worst. Remember how  sawgaws ("bird") in fortuna conservation is so bad that everyone basically skips that particular one and go for the rest when nightwave throws you a conservation task? Well, yeah, it is back here on deimos again under the name of Avichaea... It also really doesn't help that the tracker on mini map isn't functioning properly (and so you can't really use it to find your targets as easily, especially avichaea which is already a massive pain)

Honestly, please fix conservation and/or make son tokens easier to obtain, the difficulty and annoyance of this farm is ridiculous compared to fortuna's counterpart. Even for someone like me who has over 100 (maybe even over 150?) floofs off fortuna and plains conservation, the conservation on deimos and the son token farming is absolutely painful, I can only imagine how it is like for less experienced hunters as well as those that don't enjoy this minigame.

I doubt they are going to fix this. 

25 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

I doubt they are going to fix this. 

well they probably have to? its a literal buggy mess rn.

Tracks going into walls / through the ground, animals not appearing on mini map, excessive delay on spawning... etc

Adding this being a requirement to ranking up and a few layers of RNG is a recipe for disaster.

It's definitely not perfect right now, but I think rather than doing the tracking thing, its best to just run into packs in the wild, I've gotten a ton of son tokens pretty much at random. I haven't run into any of the birds randomly though, so those are probably still very annoying.

I keep seeing people complain about conservation and lures but I ranked up *before* the hotfix

What I guess people didn't learn from when conservation in Plains of Eidolon that is now in Heart of Deimos is that you don't need lures at all. All the animals spawn on the map naturally in packs of three (with the exception of the Cryptilex which can spawn alone or in pairs) so you can very easily just circle round the map in your Archwing with the tranq out listening for the beeping and easily rack up large amounts of tags at various rarities.

As for the tokens themselves beware that not all are created equal. Sometimes you can have 1 token require the same amount of tags as 2 or 3 tokens, so be observant as you buy and maybe hold off.

I hope this post helps the large amount of people who don't know how this system has changed since Fortuna. That's not on them, it's on DE for not explaining mechanics to people.

Attached picture is pre hotfix Ppm4ZD6.png

9 hours ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

Agreed. I've never liked the hunting minigames but thought i'd give it a go since we were forced to do it for the helminth system. This bit, as it is with the bugs and everything is currently impossible. I've been at it at 3 hours and I've not managed to capture a single Avichaea. They're the same color as the rest of Deimos, they're small, their trail is hard to find, and we have absolutely no help from the minimap. This isn't fun.

3 minutes ago, bonamb said:

Agreed. I've never liked the hunting minigames but thought i'd give it a go since we were forced to do it for the helminth system. This bit, as it is with the bugs and everything is currently impossible. I've been at it at 3 hours and I've not managed to capture a single Avichaea. They're the same color as the rest of Deimos, they're small, their trail is hard to find, and we have absolutely no help from the minimap. This isn't fun.

mhm, took me quite a while to catch my first one, even so, it was still a pain for later ones.... they are the deimos "birds", sooo look up and scout from there, should make it quicker, but not any better.

hace 21 minutos, bonamb dijo:

This is pretty much me too. I don't give a damn about conservation, but I thought that for a single rank it could be a neat change of pace... However, Son demands a LOT of results, and keeps berating you whenever you kill a random bug when doing literally anything else... Makes me wanna blow up the entire place.

Contact Vay Hek, I'm purchasing a Fomore.

26 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

You all greatly underestimate DE's ability to completely and utterly ignore outrage when they want to.

Especially when it is unwarranted. Ok, so just did the regular Mother quests for the Xaku pieces and until I had enough for daily cap, which is 22K.

I just kept my eyes open when moving from objective to objective and equiped my hunting rifle to check if I heard it beeping. Haven't used a single lure. 

Yet I have 12 Son tokens now (after logging in again just now and checking if I could turn in new ones, and lo and behold, I could). Actually I have than 10 of everything, including the mining tokens, and also didn't mine a single node. Yeah, I did spear the fish I stumbled accross, but didn't go out of my way looking for them.

Seriously, it's fine if you don't rush from objective to objective. No mining or bird-call hunting required, just looking around for opportunities...

2 minutes ago, Angwah said:

Especially when it is unwarranted. Ok, so just did the regular Mother quests until I had enough for daily cap, so 22K.

I just kept my eyes open when moving from objective to objective and equiped my hunting rifle to check if I heard it beeping. Haven't used a single lure. 

Yet I have 12 Son tokens now (after logging in again just now and checking if I could turn in new ones, and lo and behold, I could). Actually I have than 10 of everything, including the mining tokens, and also didn't mine a single node. Yeah, I did spear the fish I stumbled accross, but didn't go out of my way looking for them.

Seriously, it's fine if you don't rush from objective to objective. No mining or bird-call hunting required, just keeping your eyes open...

If it was unwarranted

A quick look at the absolute deluge of complaints about the son token says otherwise.

2 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

it's just not happening. I'm not progressing my standing until they get rid of mandatory conservation. it's extremely silly. no Helminth for me until then I guess. 

I’m frustrated enough with just reading what is needed that I am also taking a break.  And I doubt I’ll invest in the high-end pack with the armor, now.  It has lost it’s luster, beautiful as this open world is.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I’m frustrated enough with just reading what is needed that I am also taking a break.  And I doubt I’ll invest in the high-end pack with the armor, now.  It has lost it’s luster, beautiful as this open world is.

They will patch in a catch up mechanism in 6 months that probably bypasses 90% of it, might be worth just waiting.

Yeah im not even sure IM going to make Helminth now.

It also does not help that the map is small and has almost no safe spots for animals, a lot of the time enemies around kill the conservation targets way too fast.

Also can we talk about how overtuned the Deimos Jugulus enemies are? I do all content with Harrow and it's ridiculous how they are easily the most lethal enemy out there, mainly their gas damage boomerangs. 3k Shields and 1k hp and it's almost an instant kill on the higher levels, not even the toxin Liches are that bad, and they like to snipe you from the longest ranges, so it's just so much fun finding a rare conservation target not targeted by enemies and then have it snatched by the Jugulus.

1 minute ago, Kconvey said:

If it was unwarranted

A quick look at the absolute deluge of complaints about the son token says otherwise.

... who I bet didn't even try to look around for animals to tranq, because seriously, they're all over the place, thinking they can only do conservation with lures...

And seeing the posts claiming how they need a specific animal, they are forgetting those requests refresh regularly. No need to hunt specific animals, just the ones you come accross, check with the son before heading out again, turn in what you got. 

This not just working for me, the other members of the Clan are doing just the same, and everyone got well over 5 way before needing them for rank 3. Just saying...

1 minute ago, Angwah said:

... who I bet didn't even try to look around for animals to tranq, because seriously, they're all over the place, thinking they can only do conservation with lures...

And seeing the posts claiming how they need a specific animal, they are forgetting those requests refresh regularly. No need to hunt specific animals, just the ones you come accross, check with the son before heading out again, turn in what you got. 

This not just working for me, the other members of the Clan are doing just the same, and everyone got well over 5 way before needing them for rank 3. Just saying...

No dude, I've been going around for hours searching on foot and with archwing. Enemies are either killing them when I get there or they see me and sprint away so erratically I can't hit them, glitching and teleporting over the rough terrain. You saying other people are doing fine is a complete and entirely unprovable anecdote. Stop trying to defend trash and help with offering advice so as to what DE can do to make it better.

4 minutes ago, Angwah said:

Rank 3 REQUIRES..... read that REQUIRES specific animals to achieve!

2 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

Rank 3 REQUIRES..... read that REQUIRES specific animals to achieve!

You literally just quoted them saying the following:

6 minutes ago, Angwah said:

17 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

If it was unwarranted

The completely trash 100+ pages of whining over the never-actually-present helminth roar meta was entirely unwarranted because the change was completely justified.  But it happened.

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You literally just quoted them saying the following:

Because that person said specific animals are NOT required... and I am countering that argument with this. 

Rank 3 requires 5 of the birds and a rare spawn.

Just now, Klaeljanu said:

The completely trash 100+ pages of whining over the never-actually-present helminth roar meta was entirely unwarranted because the change was completely justified.  But it happened.

You scream about things to get them fixed, m8. And what-aboutism never fixed anything. They aren't arguing for the same things or for the same reasons, so your comparison is largely foundationless.

1 minute ago, Kconvey said:

Because that person said specific animals are NOT required... and I am countering that argument with this. 

Rank 3 requires 5 of the birds and a rare spawn.

Try reducing your sodium intake, it's affecting your ability to read and comprehend. They were saying that you don't need specific animals for the tokens because the requests rotate fairly often. 

That's why they said:

12 minutes ago, Angwah said:

Archived