Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penalties or kick for non contributing players

INC3NSUS

Kick system is equally abusable.

What you want is to require players to be in objective range to get rewards. Simply require the players to be inside the area a majority of tje time the objective is active.

At least if they afk in the objective they serve as a distraction. Far better than them off on the other side of the map doing fall to do with the bounty they signed up for.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

What you want is to require players to be in objective range to get rewards. Simply require the players to be inside the area a majority of tje time the objective is active.

...Do this, and I'll never be able to pub again, my loading screen often takes long enough that the first phase is finishing as I get to come out.

And that's not even considering how elevation changes could #*!% someone over on traversal time. Or someone doing low level bounties without an Archwing...

2 minutes ago, Ethorin said:

...Do this, and I'll never be able to pub again, my loading screen often takes long enough that the first phase is finishing as I get to come out.

And that's not even considering how elevation changes could #*!% someone over on traversal time. Or someone doing low level bounties without an Archwing...

A: Consider the fact that a player can join at any point before the first objective completes, meaning its less your load time and more when you get matchmade into that party.

B: K-Drive exists, and skywing is extremely easy to unlock. Also Few open world objectives can be completed in a short amount of time, offhand triple caches, hostages, and capture target. 2 of those are plains specific.

B Addendum: obviously some specific bounties do not need such things, but objectives like the excavations, definitely do. Any objective you can "Abandon" by not being in the radius, should only reward who were at one point in it and contributing.

Its like the anti AFK things we already have.. dont move long enough and you stop picking up drops and regenerating energy. Long enough still and you get kicked from the session. It takes relatively little afk to not get rewards from norml missions.

Open worlds need to have considering for afk prevention in reguards to not participating in the bounty. Game or not, you sign up for a task that you should be expected to do to get the relevant rewards.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Game or not, you sign up for a task that you should be expected to do to get the relevant rewards.

When going into free roam from orbiter I've randomly wound up in other people's bounty sessions sooooo...

Will be hard to find a way to automate it bc even in organized squads there are sometimes upwards of 2 players doing nothing actively for a purpose (desecrate, prowl, wisp motes, etc). 

But what everyone always wanted was a vote kick, like any other game has. 

1 minute ago, Ethorin said:

Oddly enough, I've never actually encountered a professional game with a vote kick...

Cs:go, R6s, Valorant, Destiny 2 (party leader can kick players), damn even roblox has a player kick system

1 hour ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Here's an idea. Make a premade party or go solo.

here's an idea, why should I solo or invest time to form a LEGITIMATE party, when a leecher can just Q for the bounty and do whatever he wants? 

So a good cooperative player get punished for actually wanting to play the mission they selected and a sly lazy idiot get awarded for exploiting work of others? Nice.

Just now, --RV--Faras said:

Cs:go, R6s, Valorant, Destiny 2 (party leader can kick players), damn even roblox has a player kick system

Well warframe ain't that game. Pvp game ain't pve.

Warframe is fine without that system from the start. 

Hate afk. Solo it.

Hate afker in open world. Leave squade.

Not hard

1 minute ago, --RV--Faras said:

PvP and notoriously toxic

PvP and I don't know much more specifics

PvP and I don't know much more specifics, worth noting that League of Legends by the same dev does NOT have a kick system so I suspect this is rather more complicated than suggested

Destiny 2, Parties are entirely premade.

Roblox: How exactly does that work? My understanding is that Roblox is less "A Game" and more "An Editor with a default game but most of the players are on servers that aren't that", and if most of the players are on servers that's a moderation function.

1 minute ago, Dreadwire said:

Well warframe ain't that game. Pvp game ain't pve.

Warframe is fine without that system from the start. 

Hate afk. Solo it.

Hate afker in open world. Leave squade.

Not hard

yea not hard, as well as be kicked from a game and start another mission, not hard at all. 

4 minutes ago, Cloud said:

yea not hard, as well as be kicked from a game and start another mission, not hard at all. 

Because there will DEFINITELY NEVER be a group of friends who decide to hang out in a public endless mission, nab a rando, go for a nice long while, kick the rando with no warning.

Certainly not, that would NEVER happen!

/s

For that matter, not all keys are gone yet, just imagine some pals getting together to do "keyshares" where you kick the guy who's key you just used and then go get another sucker.

They oughta just add more solo extracts, that's it. A kick system should never be implemented, god knows this would happen often enough in other games.

You do something hard with a group, get to the finish, then they feel like trolling and kicking you right after a boss or something making you lose out on everything. Or just for the fun of it randomly.

2 hours ago, Cloud said:

here's an idea, why should I solo or invest time to form a LEGITIMATE party, when a leecher can just Q for the bounty and do whatever he wants?

Because you do what you want to do, because you do what is right to you, not because “the other person isn’t doing it properly.”

If you go down this path of comparing yourself with others, you’re gonna end up feeling miserable.

Can’t implement a vote system cus people will abuse it and kick anyone who they don’t like or don’t have a specific loadout, and we can’t have a “report leech” option because chances are people will just spam that.

Feel like at least for the open world areas, they could lock out the conservation, fishing and mining parts so people will have to focus on the mission itself than deciding to go elsewhere to do basically anything else (had a few games in the open world bounties where people would just go elsewhere and fish / mine / track animals on the opposite side of the map to everyone), although locking off content during bounties is not a good approach either (doesn’t stop afk guys at least).

Not sure what you can do really? Other than going solo or finding a squad. It’s either nothing or systems that are abuseable and create limitations. 

What if this was done the other way around? You'd get bonus if players would 'thumbs up' your actions after the game? (Of course the bonus level would become the standard, but that's how WoW did the tavern system and it worked out well.)

Archived