Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Alternate Mission Leaders.

Ahri

I've been thinking about this for a while now, Instead of listening to lotus drone on and on and on for days and weeks and blah blah blah, Because after all it DOES get annoying listening to the same person forever. What if we had alternate voice packs for our mission leader?

I find certain missions which enable me to hear a different voice like Steel Path, or Arbitrations, or Quests, or Disruption are quite nice. It brings a certain element of Diversity to those long dull boring missions.

So what if we were able to purchase seperate packs on the market or even as a DLC for real life currency? I would pay DE $15 for an Ordis voice pack right now, I would even heavily consider $30, Maybe as a reward for getting max rank in one of the syndacates you can unlock the ability to have the Arbiter, or Suda, or Loka, or Red Veil be who talks to you instead of lotus? or after completing the Jordas quest you can have Jordas as your mission leader? Maybe also the open world syndacate leaders like Konzu and Onnko, and Eudico, and Little Duck, What about having Teshin or Simaris? A lot of characters we all know and love dearly who dont see nearly enough in game screen time. People we would much prefer the company of instead of a robot impersonation of a traitor.

Please, If someone out there at DE is reading this, consider it ok? Im sure the community would LOVE that kind of update, and it could also be just another source of that beautiful green paper that keeps this game running.

Anyone else reading this, How much would you like to have this implemented? Who would you like to have as your mission leader?

I would be up for it, but it should be implemented as an addon to the game itself. I would imagine that adding new voicelines to replace almost every existing Lotus line in game excluding quests would be taxing for the game size. And we are not talking about doing it once like with Steel Path Teshin (I want him to permanently replace Botus), and even with that, it was a very surface level, most of the missions are still voiced by Botus. We are talking about doing it for several characters. Im not good at estimating this kinds of things, but we would be lucky if it was only 10 more GB of data.

Thats why it should be a mod to the game if it was ever implemented.

Just now, Xardis said:

I would be up for it, but it should be implemented as an addon to the game itself. I would imagine that adding new voicelines to replace almost every existing Lotus line in game excluding quests would be taxing for the game size. And we are not talking about doing it once like with Steel Path Teshin (I want him to permanently replace Botus), and even with that, it was a very surface level, most of the missions are still voiced by Botus. We are talking about doing it for several characters. Im not good at estimating this kinds of things, but we would be lucky if it was only 10 more GB of data.

Thats why it should be a mod to the game if it was ever implemented.

I mean yeah, Like i said it could be a real money DLC that you optionally add, or like maybe just buy it with plat, but enable it within the launcher manually, and only have to install whatever voices you paid for, not all of them.

13 minutes ago, GatlinLaser said:

I will pay 300p easy to have Loid and Otak narrate my missions.

Would be cool, but im pretty sure DE said they would add Loid/Otak as a sentinel who will follow you around and shoot things and talk, don't quote me on that.

1 minute ago, vegetosayajin said:

I would love maroo to be a voice pack. Her voice is spicy.

Would be cool as well. she could make snide remarks from time to time about how your wasting your time because theres no Ayatan treasures here. :D

2 hours ago, Almundan said:

Would pay big plat to have cephalon cy voice my orbiter and missions. Pay extra to mute eudico and little duck.

would be epic, but why u hate eudico and duck? >:(

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

@SeizaKokoroThis was an April Fools joke DE pulled off a wile ago, still funny! :3

https://www.warframe.com/lotus-packs/

Also, if i could pick a different character to Narrate my missions, i would probably pick Eudico from Fortuna. <3

Yeah. Heard about that, but id like to actually see this implemented.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

500p for Vay Hek.

Would be interesting but im not sure what he would tell you when your supposed to kill grineer, unless hes so far gone upstairs that hes convinced your his grineer pet and everyone your killing is the tenno hahah

12 minutes ago, MacKerris said:

How about a switch to turn the stupid things off? I don't need to hear more inane blathering. 

Hey thats fair, your call, but in my opinion. Not having a mission leader would ruin the experience a bit. Warframe is a grindy game, With that comes repetitiveness to some degree.

29 minutes ago, SeizaKokoro said:

Hey thats fair, your call, but in my opinion. Not having a mission leader would ruin the experience a bit. Warframe is a grindy game, With that comes repetitiveness to some degree.

Which is why a switch would be nice. If you would like to hear the chatter over and over, and over, and over then you can.

Meanwhile I can cause murder and mayhem, without some babble driving me crazy..... 

I would love this considering Ive listened to lotus babble since 2013... 

There was april fools joke at one time where they jokingly said they would let us replace lotus with Vay Hek among others. I would pay hundreds of plat for Vay Hek replacing lotus lmao. 

15 hours ago, MacKerris said:

Which is why a switch would be nice. If you would like to hear the chatter over and over, and over, and over then you can.

Meanwhile I can cause murder and mayhem, without some babble driving me crazy..... 

Valid,

7 hours ago, xombob89 said:

I would love this considering Ive listened to lotus babble since 2013... 

There was april fools joke at one time where they jokingly said they would let us replace lotus with Vay Hek among others. I would pay hundreds of plat for Vay Hek replacing lotus lmao. 

Honestly same, yeah im aware of the april fools joke, but since we have a robo lotus since she backstabbed and betrayed us, I think its only fair we can choose someone else. Like if your ex gf cheated on you, but you relied on her to drive you 5 minutes to the grocery store every week, i think youd more than likely want to walk or take the bus over looking at her traitorous face more.

6 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

This comes to mind:

I have no words for that....

5 hours ago, --CV--Gambit said:

I'd pay 1k plat for Tyl.   

I would pay 1k plat for Ordis or Vay Hek or Alad V

Archived