Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth abilities for Valkyr

-Vahagn-

13 minutes ago, WH1735S0W said:

What are some good Helminth abilities for Valkyr? Currently I replaced Paralysis with Fire Walker for speed and I think it looks cool.

Though I just did that to test the Helminth system. Are there better abilities to use instead?

Why replace Paralysis when Ripline is right there?  I'm just curious - to me Paralysis has some very rare "it might actually do something" cases, and Ripline is just utterly pointless.  As a movement power it is currently inferior to the parkour skills built into every Warframe now, and as a combat power it's like Pull... except worse in just about every possible way.

3 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Why replace Paralysis when Ripline is right there? 

I also replaced Paralysis. I have never really found a situation where it was useful to me, so I ditched it. Rip line has its uses when you mistime jumps, or expect to go further than you can. Just pull yourself to a wall/ceiling. Plus, it works on your friends.

I put Fire Blast on Valkyr. I figured it might be fun to play around with AoE damage and occasional armour stripping.

4 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Why replace Paralysis when Ripline is right there?  I'm just curious

For me Paralysis is weaker in higher levels, so I use it a lot less. While normal parkour is better for movement I use it in conjunctions with Ripline. My favorite thing to do is bullet jump and launch myself higher.

In addition I use Ripline to bring flying enemies to the ground, throw them off cliffs and even grab teammates.

To be fair I might be the only person who likes Ripline.

25 minutes ago, TheDeniable said:

Right now I am running her with Elemental Ward Ice. Currently enjoy it might try out pocket sand next.

That is a good idea, also I am trying to picture a Dale-like Valkyr.

I also replaced Paralysis with FIrewalker, as it provides a free heat proc to targets that don't die instantly, deals good damage for most of the game to kill some stuff on its own, and provides utility in the form of movement, forward momentum in some situations that's much quicker than bullet jumping, light cc, etc. More importantly though, it doesn't interfere with melee play due to the very quick animation.

1 hour ago, EmberStar said:

Why replace Paralysis when Ripline is right there?

Ripline is fun to use in tall rooms for me.

I really would like to see them make Ripline a function of the Parazon (hold interact for ~1 second with a small cooldown) and give Valkyr something else (and maybe a small rework).

On the main topic, Terrify could be a decent option to replace Para with, it fits the Berserker theme well enough and can give her some reliable CC.

I'm having a hard time making her feel useful vs. the benefits I've obtained in other frames. So far I've tried:

- Ice Elemental Ward: More armor is useless when you're covered with slash procs. Ice proc range is tied to ability range, so this amounts to little more than extra armor if you're using Narrow Minded.

- Eclipse: Not working as well as I thought because of the light levels. If you could at least get the FULL buff for either light or dark this would be great, but there are many times in which the buff seems to be negligible despite having 280% power strength because the buff is scaled off environmental light levvels. Inability to control buff type also means that it's useless when Hysteria is active unless you happen to be in an extremely bright spot to ensure the light buff.

- Roar: Works well for helping Hysteria's pathetic base scaling. But this feels so generic and boring that you kinda don't want to go for it until you've exhausted all possible options and given up.

- I will now try Fire Blast. Giving her a rather generous wide-area AOE CC ability that strips 50% armor and sets enemies ablaze would not only fit her thematically, but would make her more dynamic due to frequent casting.

Overall, I think Valkyr is on the same spot as Hydroid: The kit is so bad in current WF that not even the Helminth can do much for her as she stands. Not to mention other frames can now get War Cry, making her less relevant. Sure it's nerfed, but that's not stopping it from being used. 

Archived