Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary Kitguns appearing as unmastered in profile

TheSpad

1 hour ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Have you tried taking them into a mission and using them?  This same thing occurred with K-drives and the fix was to take them into a mission and use them.

That was different because those were meant to exist. These aren't meant to exist. They're duplicates of the present kitguns that are under the primary tab. They also cannot be obtained. It's a visual bug from what I can tell. 

You only get 1 lot of mastery for each chamber, gaze, catchmoon, rattleguts, tomb finger. It does not matter if its primary or secondary. Its not a visual bug DE has done it for a usage reason. They are separated and recording diffrent usage rates, as this affects rivens. They show as mastered in there respective version primary and secondary when they are built guilded and leveled to rank 30. Already made versions that are at maxed only need to be used to show it mastered. you ONLY GET XP once so build the version you want Experiments are unfortunately not rewarded with more XP, just grind.  

27 minutes ago, (PS4)camwyn-xenos said:

You only get 1 lot of mastery for each chamber, gaze, catchmoon, rattleguts, tomb finger. It does not matter if its primary or secondary. Its not a visual bug DE has done it for a usage reason. They are separated and recording diffrent usage rates, as this affects rivens. They show as mastered in there respective version primary and secondary when they are built guilded and leveled to rank 30. Already made versions that are at maxed only need to be used to show it mastered. you ONLY GET XP once so build the version you want Experiments are unfortunately not rewarded with more XP, just grind.  

This is new to this patch. It also wasn't mentioned in the update notes. As far as we can tell, it's not intended. 

20 hours ago, (PS4)camwyn-xenos said:

Checked pc forum posts its part of patch 29.1.0 ui optimizeation, there are posts in forum about the addition to profile after that update on pc. 

They failed to inform ps4 then. Of course they did.

Edit: Please share the link and part of the post where this was stated. I checked and could not find it. 

On 2020-10-14 at 5:32 PM, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Have a clanmate that had none of the primary kitguns built and that built one. The kitgun is appearing in the profile page as being leveled up (it's currently lvl 13 for him) , but he's not getting mastery for it... So yeah , it does seem like there's now duplicate entries for Primary and Secondary Kitguns, and that the profile is unable to check if an user has already leveled and gilded all four primary kitguns like I did.

So I was wrong. It is not visual. I just took my pre-update maxed rattle bones primary into a mission and I had it maxed on the profile page afterwards. It is just like what happened with K-Drives. You need to take the maxed weapon into mission for it to register as maxed. For reference, I went into a Deimos bounty. I also made sure to do actions such as swap weapons, hard swap melee, go into transference, etc: things that change player state essentially. I did this bevause people say into the isn't working for them, and it could be due to no actual change in player state happening  (although that would be odd as a cause). These people could also possibly not be using a gilded primary version as is required. Do note that I got 0 mastery for it (unlike the usual 3000 per weapon). The mastery part may be a bug or it could be that it's meant to be less due to trying to limit "double-dipping". I'm not sure, because DE told us nothing.

TL;DR: DON'T craft a bunch of new primary kitguns just for this. Your current ones should count if you just use them. They need to be primary guilded kitguns. 

I have mastered all secondary weapons (including kitguns, event weapons and kuva variants) and I have less mastery points than I should:

110 normal weapons (3k mastery each) + 5 kuva weapons (4k mastery each) should give me 330 000 + 20 000 = 350 000 points but my profile page says that I only have 338 000 points as seen here:

di1RHWJ.png

7hYwJzJ.png

I am also faily certain that I am not missing any weapon or anything, is there something I can do to resolve this?

1 hour ago, DeelWyzit said:

350 000 points but my profile page says that I only have 338 000 points

That's 12k missing, which would exactly match up with Kitguns (4 Chambers worth 3k each)
being currently a bit screwy in regards to Mastery progress being acknowledged.

Mind, that's just a guess, could be something else entirely :P

il y a 24 minutes, NinjaZeku a dit :

That's 12k missing, which would exactly match up with Kitguns (4 Chambers worth 3k each)

Look like you mastered secondary before, then you made primary kitguns and mastered it so the XP from secondary goes to primary.

Indeed I mastered secondary kitguns long before the primary versions, I also remember my secondary kitguns not being counted as "mastered" even though they were multi forma'ed when Deimos came out: I had to take them out in missions once each for them to finally register, maybe that's where the screwy mastery points happened?

It seems to be a bug, you could fill out all the progress icons by completing both, but you'll only get MR progress for the 1st one you guild and max.

The extra progress icons may be removed at some point, like the mastery symbols for un-gilded guns.

DE introduced the Primary Kit-guns into the profiles finally. So we can track them and see how much we use them.

Try this it should be an easy fix.

Equip your MR 30 Primary Kitgun be the host and try it on Deimos mine worked on Deimos, go out the door and let it close and turn around and go back in and check your profile if that fails next shoot some enemies then go back in through the Gate. if it still doesn't work it sounds like a DE fix for those that it didn't work with.

It worked for myself and some others so far, they now show up as mastered in my profile so we can also see our own Kitgun usage in our primary slot.

I just wish DE would step up and sort this out the number of threads I've seen and misinformation being plastered around is bad and confusing.

On 2020-10-16 at 9:03 AM, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Do note that I got 0 mastery for it (unlike the usual 3000 per weapon). The mastery part may be a bug or it could be that it's meant to be less due to trying to limit "double-dipping". I'm not sure, because DE told us nothing.

You're not meant to get mastery since mastery follows the Grip type (unless you haven't previously ranked those grip types before making the primary) - which is something that is well known and has been stated by DE.

1 hour ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

You're not meant to get mastery since mastery follows the Grip type (unless you haven't previously ranked those grip types before making the primary) - which is something that is well known and has been stated by DE.

Yea, so they're limiting on double-dipping. Can you show me where DE has covered (on ps4 patch notes or devstream) the addition of these to the profile or where they've discussed this, because this is first time they've done this and it left tons of people confused. Based on that, I wouldn't use "well-known" as a descriptor here. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Yea, so they're limiting on double-dipping. Can you show me where DE has covered (on ps4 patch notes or devstream) the addition of these to the profile or where they've discussed this, because this is first time they've done this and it left tons of people confused. Based on that, I wouldn't use "well-known" as a descriptor here. 

I was talking about the MR XP.  I don't know if they specifically said that the Kitgun primaries would be in our profiles, but I also don't see why they wouldn't be.  All other weapons go into our profiles, so it stands to reason that those would also be part of our profiles.  I don't understand why you seem to be so angry about this or why you seem to want to blame DE for something.  Your profile has updated (as you reported) and the bug seems to have been fixed.  Seems like a good thing to me.

Archived