Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frames Signature Weapons

MaxScarf

Frames like revenant, garuda, mirage etc have weapons that when specifically used by them gives them a passive boost.

Most warframes don't have any but some that do have two. could we have some signatures for the rest?

Nidus came with hirudo and hema but they aren't his signature weapons, is it possible to give them the bonus they deserver when used with nidus.

In my opinion, signature weapons make Prime Access less exciting. Instead of speculating what cool old weapon (like my boy Tonbo or Magnus) could be primed, it's an uninteresting signature weapon combo that ends up just being "meh" as far as interest goes. Hopefully Atlas Prime was just a one off, but I can totally see Octavia Prime just having Tenora and Pandero Prime or Harrow Prime having Knell Prime.

3 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I wish they'd never wasted their time on the signature weapon thing.  OTOH, I feel a bit embarrassed on DE's behalf that it's still just another half-finished feature.

I like them overall, but if they aren't going to have any shame and keep pumping out new half finished content, I'm not going to be embarrassed on their behalf. 

14 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I like them overall, but if they aren't going to have any shame and keep pumping out new half finished content, I'm not going to be embarrassed on their behalf. 

I have a profound capacity to be embarrassed for others.  Which means I really should spend less time on gaming forums.  Anyhoo...

/goes off to visit "Hey guys, has DE mentioned anything recently about OpLink" topic...

3 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I like the look of it, I like the theme of it, I want to love it. I have forma'd it, I've got a riven, I've done everything I can think of to like it. But its just not good. lol

Maybe cause its a status weapon with a single default element with projectile speed whose gimmick triggers on headshots in a game where enemies can turn at the drop of a hat.

i too want to love it but its effectiveness compared to others in its category makes it less viable,

This is coming from a guy that put 7 forma in it.

3 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Maybe cause its a status weapon with a single default element with projectile speed whose gimmick triggers on headshots in a game where enemies can turn at the drop of a hat.

i too want to love it but its effectiveness compared to others in its category makes it less viable,

This is coming from a guy that put 7 forma in it.

Yeah, mine is at five and I just can't make it good.

Sure in the Simulacrum you can get some decent kill times when the enemies are holding still and you can land headshots every hit but doing that mid-game while everything is moving and the projectiles have travel time is not feasible. I love the gun, I just wish it was good. Given how hard it is to research you'd think it'd at least be okay. Would be nice if it had at least some kind of boost when Nidus used it but even at that I doubt it'd be enough.

I have been secretly hoping that Infested liches would give us a Kuva equivalent version of the Hema that's got full auto fire or some other gimmick to make it more useful.

5 hours ago, Voltage said:

In my opinion, signature weapons make Prime Access less exciting. Instead of speculating what cool old weapon (like my boy Tonbo or Magnus) could be primed, it's an uninteresting signature weapon combo that ends up just being "meh" as far as interest goes. Hopefully Atlas Prime was just a one off, but I can totally see Octavia Prime just having Tenora and Pandero Prime or Harrow Prime having Knell Prime.

After the Ivara Prime access, I wouldn't be worried. Ivara's signature weapon is the Rubico (it doesn't give her a stat bonus, but was confirmed in the Leverian) but Rubico Prime was added way before Ivara Prime. Likewise, Inaros's signature weapons are all infested, and look at the crazy junk we got for Inaros Prime access

I mean yeah they're probably going to give Nezha Prime the Guandao Prime -- just like they gave Wukong Prime the Ninkondi Prime -- but in the lore those aren't actually their signature weapons, and in real life all those frames and weapons were released months apart from each other. So the second weapon they give Nezha Prime should be interesting

the signature thing isn't a bad idea, it makes weapons feel more "personal" to that warframe in a sense. sadly, goign back to give every warframe a signature weapon would take time which could be better spent on somethign more important. 

you could say that Hema and Hirudo ARE Nidus' weapons, they just don't have any extra benefit; but they're still his.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

the signature thing isn't a bad idea, it makes weapons feel more "personal" to that warframe in a sense. sadly, goign back to give every warframe a signature weapon would take time which could be better spent on somethign more important. 

you could say that Hema and Hirudo ARE Nidus' weapons, they just don't have any extra benefit; but they're still his.

Those weren't officially released as Nidus signature weapons? I guess I always just assumed they were lol. 

To be honest it's been so long I don't remember what frame they were released around, but I guess it can't really count officially as a signature weapon if the frame doesn't get any benefit from it. 

I'm really not a fan of this mechanic, I very much enjoy the unadulterated freedom to mix & match equipment,
now with "signature weapons" it's kinda like you're being punished if you're not using them on that one Frame, feelsbadman.

Plus, some of the boosts are kind of too significant / address issues the weapon might have at base,
which means, if it's not OP for those weapons to have those boosts on certain Frames,
they're basically being intentionally kept weaker than they should be, balance-wise, to justify the whole signature thing.

So in short, make the weapons - if they need it - better by default, and remove reduce the "signature" effects.

Archived