Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE do you think it's time?

DtZNimpo

Does DE have any plans to expand the game past the solar system with new faction of enemy ***No Grineer , Corpus, Infested, Orokin*** (via railjack) as a gate ?

There's so many content already in the Sol system to do, but i'd think it would be so jawdropping to expand this further beyond to another solar system in the milkyway or heck even a whole new galaxy ! Who knows what other threats / Enemies faction can be hiding amongst the stars besides Orokin / Corpus / Infested / Grineer.

As a fan of the "Valerian and the city of a thousand planet" movie, it would be so nice to also have a neutral hub mix match with all the different factions put together.

My twocents

Correct me if I am wrong, but in the Warframe Universe there is only 1 reachable system that we know of, which is beyond the void (?Tau?).  The Orokin sought to expand to Tau as they continued to strip the resources of this system at a unsustainable rate.  The sentients were sent to prepare it for the Orokin's coming, which naturally backfired.

I am hopeful that we will go there, as this is where the sentients are, and if not there, then where else?  (Aside from what ever they decide the void becomes).

Also I assume the railjacks are only capable of reasonable travel within the system like the relays we use to go planet to planet in the laset.  Once you go intersystem, the distance is orders of magnitude increase and likely exponential energy requirement.  This would also explain why the Orokin looked to this mysterious void as a means to reach a new system, and the Ten Zero was testing a new type of drive when it disappeared .. oh and it mysteriously returned with us having these powers... so maybe not such a good idea. 

Its also possible I am 100% mistaken... because yeah warframe lore is confusing.

4 hours ago, DtZNimpo said:

There's so many content already in the Sol system to do, but i'd think it would be so jawdropping to expand this further beyond to another solar system in the milkyway or heck even a whole new galaxy !

slow down there champ, DE barley get things chugging along with the system as is, and there's a lot more planetoids and other stuff that could be added first, we're a LONG way off going to another galaxy. having another entire starmap would be an INSANE amount of work. could it be done? perhaps, and there was discussion amongst players of wanting to reach Tau so that we could take the fight to the Sentient Homeworld, which could still be done in The New War, even if it's just for a quest.

there is some interaction in the relays and such between Ostrons and Solaris, and Corpus Traders in Cetus. we are getting some world-building, it's just that it's having to go at a glacial pace due to all the other stuff that the community and/or DE wants to have in the game as well.

I prefer the isolation, these Sci Fi fantasies too often take for granted that aliens will be around, interstellar travel will just be discovered. Shows where science advances and humans develop the solar system with bioengineering and terriforming yet never actually develop faster than light travel or meet alien life are far more original, and realistic. Statistically speaking, even if alien life exists, our civilization will die before we ever encounter anything. 

• 3 months later...

I prefer the isolation, these Sci Fi fantasies too often take for granted that aliens will be around, interstellar travel will just be discovered. Shows where science advances and humans develop the solar system with bioengineering and terriforming yet never actually develop faster than light travel or meet alien life are far more original, and realistic. Statistically speaking, even if alien life exists, our civilization will die before we ever encounter anything. 

We'll you've already encountered the grineer the corpus the sentients there's your "aliens" you speak of. You are against the idea of Sci Fi fantasy but you playing a SciFi game... This is so deep i'm speechless.

On 2020-09-28 at 10:42 AM, DtZNimpo said:

Does DE have any plans to expand the game past the solar system with new faction of enemy ***No Grineer , Corpus, Infested, Orokin*** (via railjack) as a gate ?

There's so many content already in the Sol system to do, but i'd think it would be so jawdropping to expand this further beyond to another solar system in the milkyway 

On 2020-09-28 at 11:03 AM, Dauggie said:

we barely even touched sentients, like divuri / devari whatevr that's called, would have been open world for sentients for lua i believe. we can do another solar system, but lets first cover what we got atm. 

The devs have said at least once that they plan to have missions in the Tau Ceti solar system. That's about as far as we're going to go, though

11 hours ago, DtZNimpo said:

We'll you've already encountered the grineer the corpus the sentients there's your "aliens" you speak of. You are against the idea of Sci Fi fantasy but you playing a SciFi game... This is so deep i'm speechless.

None of those are actual aliens tho. All known factions in warframe origined in the Sol system and none of them would be here without the Orokin

Archived