The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What have been the things the community reacted the worst to?

(XBOX)CordingMoon7789

1 minute ago, (XB1)Pun Times said:

Even that wording is still vague though. It says "1 specific ability" without mentioning that the ability had been 'pre-selected.' With that wording, I assumed that I would have to choose one ability per Warframe and I could only use that ability on other Warframes. (I.E: I can subsume a Trinity but when I do I have to pick between Well of Life, Energy Vampire and Link. I only get that one ability and I can't subsume more Trinities to unlock the others.) And even then, that would have been acceptable. But no. They chose every warframe's weakest ability. Waste of time, waste of effort. Pure unadulterated waste.

weakest or totally uselles....

And, rather than quote everyone who's said it, please reread my original post. I specifically stated that I do not watch devstreams or read up on 'additional resources' because I LIKE TO BE SURPRISED. I download a new update, see the front graphic and excitedly read the PATCH NOTES. The same patch notes that misled me. Just as the devs knew they would. They knew, they f***ing knew that we would have high hopes, dreams and wishes. And fulfilling those wishes might very well have destroyed the game. So they didn't do it. And that's fine. But to be misled that badly in the PATCH NOTES, the things that are supposed to explain CLEARLY, WITHOUT ANY MISINTERPRETATION what the devs are trying to do, that I cannot ignore.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Pun Times said:

Even that wording is still vague though. It says "1 specific ability" without mentioning that the ability had been 'pre-selected.' With that wording, I assumed that I would have to choose one ability per Warframe and I could only use that ability on other Warframes. (I.E: I can subsume a Trinity but when I do I have to pick between Well of Life, Energy Vampire and Link. I only get that one ability and I can't subsume more Trinities to unlock the others.) And even then, that would have been acceptable. But no. They chose every warframe's weakest ability. Waste of time, waste of effort. Pure unadulterated waste.

Even if that singular resource could be misconstrued, there were still several other resources saying as such. The fact that one, pre-selected ability was available was known since as soon it was revealed - it was literally one of the first things they brought up when discussing the system. The term 'specific' should already be a heads up, but even then, you had every available option to clarify.

Also, the abilites chosen are by and large pretty good. There's some stinkers in there, to be sure (decoy), but Well of Life for example is only weak in comparison to Blessing, on any other Warframe it's an easy and cheap heal. There's some crazy damage boosting builds as well, AoE armour stripping for any frame, 90% damage resistance for certain builds, energy regeneration and crowd control.

Just now, (XB1)Pun Times said:

And, rather than quote everyone who's said it, please reread my original post. I specifically stated that I do not watch devstreams or read up on 'additional resources' because I LIKE TO BE SURPRISED. I download a new update, see the front graphic and excitedly read the PATCH NOTES. The same patch notes that misled me. Just as the devs knew they would. They knew, they f***ing knew that we would have high hopes, dreams and wishes. And fulfilling those wishes might very well have destroyed the game. So they didn't do it. And that's fine. But to be misled that badly in the PATCH NOTES, the things that are supposed to explain CLEARLY, WITHOUT ANY MISINTERPRETATION what the devs are trying to do, that I cannot ignore.

Regardless of going in blind or not, it is your responsibility to correctly manage your expectations. Not DE's.

Not sure why some posts here a bit detailing as the point of the thread wasn't to express personal grievances, it's meant to share events of majority outrage from the community. 

Anyway, on the topic, I wouldn't really point to a specific situation, but I believe 2019 was the "worst" year for Warframe in this regard. Not just for Liches and Railjack, but also for Operation Buried Debts, due to no one knowing what to do and people believing a Warframe was going to be locked behind a timed event, even though its still true to some degree. Even with the better update of the year, being the Jovian Concord, Ropalolyst bugs and outrage over Hexanon were also a thing. And finally TennoCon 2019, which by itself wasn't necessarily bad, but promised way too much for the game compared to what we actually got. At least Duviri is next year.

2 hours ago, MrHBN said:

To be fair to the guy. Most people don't check the forums or watch the devsteams. DE didn't explain it in-game at all. You and I check forums and watch devstreams but in reality most people who play don't. Most people probably heard about the helminth system from other players. 

Fair, but it was also in the patch notes.

I feel like I’m detailing the point of this thread so I’m gonna leave it at that.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Pun Times said:

But no. They chose every warframe's weakest ability. Waste of time, waste of effort. Pure unadulterated waste.

This is flat out not true. Warcry is literally Valkyr’s best ability. Elemental Ward is Chroma’s second best ability. Roar is Rhino’s second best ability. Dispensary is debatable but sure as hell is not Protea’s worst ability. I could go on and on here.

Viver gate.

That was a fun bag of cancer where DE nerfed frames left and right.

Its the origin of why Greedy Pull became LoS to name a few.

and which ultimately got the Viver node erased off the map like some cities in WW2.

Forget Nerf Bat Prime, DE has Deletus Prime do the work when they dont like seeing something.

2 minutes ago, H.Katsura_999 said:

Viver gate.

and which ultimately got the Viver node erased off the map like some cities in WW2.

Forget Nerf Bat Prime, DE has Deletus Prime do the work when they dont like seeing something.

Yeah I remember Vivergate... man that brings old memories flooding back. 

Probably the first really big loot cave/meta loot cave frame setup nerf in the game... the first of many. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah I remember Vivergate... man that brings old memories flooding back. 

Probably the first really big loot cave/meta loot cave frame setup nerf in the game... the first of many. 

Yep if you know it yer old as hek.

That being said its just a fun memory and nothing more.

Vivergate...interesting. That was before my time, but it shows, that already back then DE had no clue of how to properly balance a newly introduced economy and draw the proper conclusions from how the players adapted to the issue... Seeing stuff like this constantly repeating itself with Cetus, Fortuna and now Deimos sheds a whole new light on the whole Scintillant and Son token topic. I'm starting to wonder, whether they are actually doing this on purpose to prevent early adopters from burning through new content, because the "not working as intended" excuse has grown old by now... If so, that's not a smart move in the long run imo, though.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Kuhl MC said:

Vivergate...interesting. That was before my time, but it shows, that already back then DE had no clue of how to properly balance a newly introduced economy and draw the proper conclusions from how the players adapted to the issue... Seeing stuff like this constantly repeating itself with Cetus, Fortuna and now Deimos sheds a whole new light on the whole Scintillant and Son token topic. I'm starting to wonder, whether they are actually doing this on purpose to prevent early adopters from burning through new content, because the "not working as intended" excuse has grown old by now...

Son tokens and scintillant aren't really an accurate comparison seeing as both are easy to get. Certainly compared to how that situation was back then.

vor 1 Minute schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

Son tokens and scintillant aren't really an accurate comparison seeing as both are easy to get. Certainly compared to how that situation was back then.

I believe that, I just wanted to show some parallels. Maybe the reward structure of bounties and the farming requirements of initial PoE are a better comparison, but all of that points into the same direction. They either do it on purpose or they simply don't get it...

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Kuhl MC said:

I believe that, I just wanted to show some parallels. Maybe the reward structure of bounties and the farming requirements of initial PoE are a better comparison, but all of that points into the same direction. They either do it on purpose or they simply don't get it...

Oh they're definitely out of touch, they have been for a very long time. The one and only thing they were extremely good at in the past was their lore. But even that's gotten lazier over time. They don't play their own game, it's that simple really.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

Oh they're definitely out of touch, they have been for a very long time. The one and only thing they were extremely good at in the past was their lore. But even that's gotten lazier over time. They don't play their own game, it's that simple really.

I guess so, sadly. A lot of negative sentiment could have been avoided, if somone internal had tested their new economies from a player perspective regarding time investment vs. gain prior to release...

2 hours ago, H.Katsura_999 said:

Viver gate.

No one had Greedy Pull during the few days in which Viver was active, since it was right at the start of the syndicate system's release.

Greedy Pull was nerfed because of E-Prime. Or V-Prime... whatever that node was where they paired with Mesa.

Archived