Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What have been the things the community reacted the worst to?

(XBOX)CordingMoon7789

Events/updates such as the Old Blood, Empyrean Phase 2, and Scalet Spear are justified for the outrage generated.

While the Saint of Altra (Gauss, Mod/LookLink, Disruption expansion, etc.) is good, the criminal part is how Universal Medallions were decided not to be used for Conclave standing. It only took one person on Twitter out of the thousands of players to convince Steve to do so. That, was really questionable.

8 hours ago, Aldain said:

Likely not the worst, but Condition Overload not being exponential in Melee 3.0 is one of the biggest lol moments I've seen on the forums.

Some ranged weapons struggle to even kill semi-efficently, but Melee is ruined because CO no longer enabled 7 million damage hits on enemies that didn't even need a quarter of that.

CO stayed same for 4 years .. they havent touched it and said nothing about it being '' unintended '' , sure now everythings good because they did the enemy scaling rework to be in tune with the melee rework after 3 months . In those 3 months ive seen hybrid top tier melees hardly killing level 200's and it was just sad to watch . btw in that time i took a break not only because of just the rework tune down power level but also the formas being removed from melees,  for me giving us the exact same amount didnt justify for me to not quit. 
You know what also died from the CO change , it was the zenistar . even after the scaling changes it stayed bad . Why did i came back idk dont ask me . Also they hate ash , that was the another reason .

The only major complaining I remember was the infamous content drought. I remember because I was new and the game seemed so overwhelming yet people were saying there was nothing to do lol. 

Then Gauss was released shortly after and all the Gauss Vs. Volt stuff started lol. Someone claimed Volt was intentionally made slower to make Gauss better? It was some huge thread. There were races in the plains and Vallis....good times. 

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

No one had Greedy Pull during the few days in which Viver was active, since it was right at the start of the syndicate system's release.

Greedy Pull was nerfed because of E-Prime. Or V-Prime... whatever that node was where they paired with Mesa.

ah quite right, my memory seems to fail me there.

Thanks for the correction.

2 minutes ago, Swagernator22663 said:

Thats a very relevant thing in warframe, even now.

Riiiiight....If you're an MR 27 that has played forever, sure. But that will happen in each game you play for 4 to 7 years. I still have a lot of stuff to do and I'm quite engaged. 

Kinda hard to take someone seriously that said there's a content drought after the Helminth just dropped lol....

There was a time back in 2014 - 15ish where DE weere going down the list of nerfing the meta and eventually removing trials. Mirage map wide CC got Hit, Draco Affinity Farm, Ashe, Mesa, Banshee, Saryn, Equinox etc afk Farms, Spin to Win, The Tonkor, Mag literall infinite scaling damage vs corpus ..... just about everything that was broken (way more than anything today) got hit. I don't remember exactly wich one cause a MASSIVE uproar but it hit on a friday a massive hundred page thread propped up over the weekend and after a couple days Reb went something like "i never knew the community could teach me so many new swear words!" and they held back on the nerf.

9 hours ago, DissentWomble said:

Content drought (if you can call it a thing) Those few months every post was about dramatically quitting, youtubers crying they have no idea what vids to do because theres no content, everyone talking about anthem like its the next big cheese. Worst period to be around warframe media. 

I remember when Destiny was to kill Warframe. 

Also, Mass Effect Andromeda was to kill Warframe.

Also Destiny 2...

Also Anthem...

Now we are talking Starfield... I think.

Borderlands 3? No... No, no. BL3 is more linear compared to Warframe. I don't think it was included on the list.

Was No Man's Sky included?

7 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

The only major complaining I remember was the infamous content drought. I remember because I was new and the game seemed so overwhelming yet people were saying there was nothing to do lol. 

Then Gauss was released shortly after and all the Gauss Vs. Volt stuff started lol. Someone claimed Volt was intentionally made slower to make Gauss better? It was some huge thread. There were races in the plains and Vallis....good times. 

Ah. The BS people spew in the forums to make fire.

I remember a dude saying that the 100x Heal Restores research was WORSE Mutagen Grind than the Hema and talked so much S#&$ in the OP. 

But those who actually pay attention saw the BS for what it was very quickly.

Hema: 5000 (Ghost clan)

100x H.Restores: 500 (Ghost clan)

Guy got shreked.

But there were those agreeing with him. Because of course there were.

44 minutes ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

Viver is probably the most well known however the worst backlash I believe was when they wanted to nerf vacuum range in exchange for giving vacuum to all sentinels which resulted in actual death threats.

I'm not saying the reaction was appropriate but that's what it took to veto that awful decision.

I still reckon they should have gone through with it, if only to spite the horrible sods who'd say something like that.

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

I remember a dude saying that the 100x Heal Restores research was WORSE Mutagen Grind than the Hema and talked so much S#&$ in the OP. 

That was me, and admittedly my fault for not thinking before doing/reacting. Happens a lot in a flight of events.

Worst I've seen? Maybe Liches given how what was kinda expected and what we got... 

Remember Tennocon 2019? What was shown with the Liches and Railjack? And what we got wasn't even half of that? I'm still a tad salty about it. 

What we got was something very half baked and tedious in what could be a fantastic system that made content fun and exciting topped with a decent space or boss battle. 

I understand systems and ideas change when they become reality, I never expect something to come out from what is shown but the Liches and Railjack? Nah. :(

21 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

That was me, and admittedly my fault for not thinking before doing/reacting. Happens a lot in a flight of events.

*looks at profile icon*

Well, at least now you know you must first Gaze before you Accuse. But its a good trait to not Deny the mistake.

This thread's maybe an interesting Rorschach test.  Some people interpret it as "What did DE screw up the most that caused community outrage?"  Others as "What was the most disproportionate community outrage to something DE did?"

From the OP, it seems more like the latter was the intent.  But maybe that's just my own bias showing. 🤨

The craziest one from my point of view was the Helminth pre-nerf.   Definitey a big DE screw-up in the way it was handled, and yet the community response was just flabbergasting.  Lots of pent-up anger from previous issues this whole year was showing there, I think.

32 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Well, at least now you know you must first Gaze before you Accuse. But its a good trait to not Deny the mistake.

Spoiler

"Ris. (Light). The senselessness of it, the paradoxic, the vague untime form. I was alone, but not. For I stood there confronted by myself. A twin, but no brother. A reflection but with dimension. Behind him, no horizon, but a vast broiling sea of caustic light pierced at random by black-pin stars. And closer, around me, a gale of flowing vapor. Profane in color, billowing relentlessly into the nascent lack, seeking all directions. I was standing on a precipice of familiar stone, jagged and unanchored, as though cleaved directly from the very floor of my laboratory. I wondered at the vapor's path, smoking outward more, leaving behind now, the walls, the filigree gold, the rare cuts of marble from my home. I knew at once the vapor's source. I turned away, back toward the wall, the trapezoid I had yawed into it. Vapor erupted inward at the gap, but not just from there. For as I rolled my eyes back, I saw the same... A great-steam of scintillation, smoking from my skull. Dumb in awe, I faced toward my chimerical twin. He spoke."

13 minutes ago, Duality52 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

"Ris. (Light). The senselessness of it, the paradoxic, the vague untime form. I was alone, but not. For I stood there confronted by myself. A twin, but no brother. A reflection but with dimension. Behind him, no horizon, but a vast broiling sea of caustic light pierced at random by black-pin stars. And closer, around me, a gale of flowing vapor. Profane in color, billowing relentlessly into the nascent lack, seeking all directions. I was standing on a precipice of familiar stone, jagged and unanchored, as though cleaved directly from the very floor of my laboratory. I wondered at the vapor's path, smoking outward more, leaving behind now, the walls, the filigree gold, the rare cuts of marble from my home. I knew at once the vapor's source. I turned away, back toward the wall, the trapezoid I had yawed into it. Vapor erupted inward at the gap, but not just from there. For as I rolled my eyes back, I saw the same... A great-steam of scintillation, smoking from my skull. Dumb in awe, I faced toward my chimerical twin. He spoke."

Yeah, that part and Netra was eerie...

Spoiler

127?cb=20191101050910

Archived