Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 24 hour downtime on mastery rank tests should be removed

(PSN)CakeAndRaptors

Okay so I'm a returning player from around a year ago and I really really love this game, and with the free time of quarantine I've been able to sink a lot of time into it, the only thing slowing me down though is the grace period on mastery tests. Every single day of the five days I've been playing I've been eligible to take the test anywhere from 24 to 5 hours before the test and i just do not see the point in it. I was really excited that my progression was going to line up perfectly with baro coming this weekend but when i got to pluto i found out the relay was mastery locked at 8. Im at 5 so it is physically impossible for me to ever talk to baro.  The relay mr lock is stupid on it's own but with the way this worked out it's just really making me question why there's a grace period on mr testing. No idea why i wrote this just wanted to rant lol.

Gennerally speaking wait timers in any aspect of the game need to be removed, or at least reduced to under 5 min. I get the F2P game arguement, and the whole thing made sense at the start when there was a whole lot less content. But it doesnt make that much sense any more in the current game.

For one thing, wait timers on mastery tests does seem silly. Personally, ive only ever failed one mastery test. One of the early ones, a parcore one. Back then i was using a controller, and it was just impossible to compleate using a controller (they fixed it since). So as someone who this change wouldnt have any impact on, i can say it would be a good step in the right direction.

Another thought is on building things in the forge. Back when there was less in the game to farm and build, wait timers kind of made sense. It hyped up that moment of getting that new warframe or weapon. But with the amount of warframes and weapons we now have available to us, the enherant value of those individual items is so much smaller, and so the wait timer becomes more a hinderence to enjoyment than a boost to anticipation. Especially when you considder that alot of weapons and warframes can take so long to farm. Your reward for farming that last Equinox part you needed, and gathering all the resourses to make it, is a 2 day wait while it builds. I doesnt fit with were warframe is at the moment as i see it.

As for any other item, waiting 60 seconds to make 1 item is fine, unless you want to make more than 1 of them. As there is no mass production option, this means sitting infront of the forge craft an item, waiting 60 seconds, then crafting another.

Now if DE an sit down and say to me that people paying rush timers contributes to a significant revinue stream, then fine. Im aware the game needs money to keep going, and i'd rather still have warframe in a few years than get rid of rush timers today. But I cant see it being something thats that valueable, and as a concept in video games its alwarys felt like the dominion of skummy game developers, padding the game for a lack of content (because if you can just play without waiting you realise how little it has to offer). And as I said, Warframe isnt in that place any more.

What I'd like to see here is 2 sec timers for most things, 60 sec timers for rare things like empheras or frame helmets, and 5 min for things like warframes or weapons.

2 hours ago, (PS4)CakeAndRaptors said:

Okay so I'm a returning player from around a year ago and I really really love this game, and with the free time of quarantine I've been able to sink a lot of time into it, the only thing slowing me down though is the grace period on mastery tests. Every single day of the five days I've been playing I've been eligible to take the test anywhere from 24 to 5 hours before the test and i just do not see the point in it. I was really excited that my progression was going to line up perfectly with baro coming this weekend but when i got to pluto i found out the relay was mastery locked at 8. Im at 5 so it is physically impossible for me to ever talk to baro.  The relay mr lock is stupid on it's own but with the way this worked out it's just really making me question why there's a grace period on mr testing. No idea why i wrote this just wanted to rant lol.

Well if you've breezed through the content that fast it's unlikely you have much to trade in for ducats anyways, plus console Baro this week has a very underwhelming inventory so you're not missing anything (can someone taxi you to the relay though?).  There's nothing wrong with the MR test cooldown, it compliments the build times on weapons and frames, the needed time investment for resource gathering, and you can always practice the test prior to taking it.  Only speedrunners are going to have an issue with it really, and I don't know why you'd want to speedrun.

3 hours ago, (PS4)CakeAndRaptors said:

I was really excited that my progression was going to line up perfectly with baro coming this weekend

By the way, just for my education, how many hundreds of ducats have you been able to accumulate during your long journey to MR5? How many hundreds of credits do you have on top of that, to be able to affort not only the ducat cost but also the credit cost?

Honestly I see this specific problem (MR locking you out of Baro) as a non-issue. If you tell me "I have spend the last week farming hundreds of ducats" I'll just say you should have spent ten minutes a day ranking up your mastery rank. If you tell me "I have twenty ducats, why, isn't that enough" then I'll tell you that you probably don't need to see Baro anyway.

3 hours ago, JazaJ said:

Why exactly is speedrunning a game a bad idea?

2 hours ago, chaotea said:

Gennerally speaking wait timers in any aspect of the game need to be removed, or at least reduced to under 5 min. I get the F2P game arguement, and the whole thing made sense at the start when there was a whole lot less content. But it doesnt make that much sense any more in the current game.

It's ironic that both of you are on PC, which is where most of the "bad plat" trades end up happening. Someone who's able to speedrun and has assistance could have an account with a deceptively high MR in hours, and many people would merrily trade with them thinking that everything was above board. Then what would you have to say to those people who got banned because you figured that speedrunning it was going to be fine?

45 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

It's ironic that both of you are on PC, which is where most of the "bad plat" trades end up happening. Someone who's able to speedrun and has assistance could have an account with a deceptively high MR in hours, and many people would merrily trade with them thinking that everything was above board. Then what would you have to say to those people who got banned because you figured that speedrunning it was going to be fine?

Okay this right here is just plain silly. To get a high MR requires maxing out hundreds of weapons, unlocking all the points on the solar map, AND all the other additional things that have Mastery Rank experience. Zerging the content would still require MONTHS to get all that Mastery affinity for MR ranking.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Calliber said:

Well if you've breezed through the content that fast it's unlikely you have much to trade in for ducats anyways, plus console Baro this week has a very underwhelming inventory so you're not missing anything (can someone taxi you to the relay though?).  There's nothing wrong with the MR test cooldown, it compliments the build times on weapons and frames, the needed time investment for resource gathering, and you can always practice the test prior to taking it.  Only speedrunners are going to have an issue with it really, and I don't know why you'd want to speedrun.

Here's the thing though, I've had time to do resource gathering, I've had time to go through probably 20-30 void relics. It's extremely easy to breeze through the star chart, especially the second time. I've actually been taking my time and enjoying the content a bit and even then if i just put my nose to the grind stone i can usually clear a planet in an hour. I understand having a delay between tests for failing but i dont understand the sheer length of a 24 hour timer.

3 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

By the way, just for my education, how many hundreds of ducats have you been able to accumulate during your long journey to MR5? How many hundreds of credits do you have on top of that, to be able to affort not only the ducat cost but also the credit cost?

Honestly I see this specific problem (MR locking you out of Baro) as a non-issue. If you tell me "I have spend the last week farming hundreds of ducats" I'll just say you should have spent ten minutes a day ranking up your mastery rank. If you tell me "I have twenty ducats, why, isn't that enough" then I'll tell you that you probably don't need to see Baro anyway.

Bro i have 800k creds and probably 4 or 5 hundred ducats, its not a wild amount but it would pick me up a thing or two, maybe the inaros quest as well. Don't act like you know my exact situation lmao

55 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Okay this right here is just plain silly. To get a high MR requires maxing out hundreds of weapons, unlocking all the points on the solar map, AND all the other additional things that have Mastery Rank experience. Zerging the content would still require MONTHS to get all that Mastery affinity for MR ranking.

High is relative, I'm not talking about high 20s, most people probably wouldn't think twice about trading with a low to mid teens player. People can do a legit starchart run in under 30 hrs, they'd do it a buttload faster if carried. And it's no secret that getting mastery points is a lot faster when you have someone helping you to do it. So.........

8 minutes ago, (PS4)CakeAndRaptors said:

Bro i have 800k creds and probably 4 or 5 hundred ducats, its not a wild amount but it would pick me up a thing or two, maybe the inaros quest as well. Don't act like you know my exact situation lmao

Then, as you surely have read in my post, I find that, as you obviously farmed really hard for ducats, you should have spent some more time raising your MR.

But anyway. Baro returns in two weeks. I suggest you get ready, now that you know how to better plan.

4 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Then, as you surely have read in my post, I find that, as you obviously farmed really hard for ducats, you should have spent some more time raising your MR.

But anyway. Baro returns in two weeks. I suggest you get ready, now that you know how to better plan.

What if you read my post that says i hit my mastery rank cap every day and cant level any faster? I have played for five days, i am mr 5, i can be mr 6 in about 5 hours from now. Read before you post, it's a bad look when you dont.

Just now, (PS4)CakeAndRaptors said:

What if you read my post that says i hit my mastery rank cap every day and cant level any faster? I have played for five days, i am mr 5, i can be mr 6 in about 5 hours from now. Read before you post man, it's a bad look when you dont.

I actually didn't believe that and that you were exaggerating. But if you say that's legit...

... congratulations. You are probably the first person in Warframe whose priority at MR 3 is "getting enough ducats for Baro".

Those ducats will be very handy in two weeks when Baro comes back.

Just now, Dhrekr said:

I actually didn't believe that and that you were exaggerating. But if you say that's legit...

... congratulations. You are probably the first person in Warframe whose priority at MR 3 is "getting enough ducats for Baro".

Those ducats will be very handy in two weeks when Baro comes back.

Yeah, im sure you didn't mean anything by it, im just a bit defensive because i know the stats look a bit funky. It actually wasnt even ducat farming i just wanted to sell to make some plat for more slots, ducats were just a byproduct, and i can only do this because ps4 has a deal where you get a 7 day affinity booster for free so it's not all skill or anything. I just got unlucky with my timing and it made me question the whole concept of the 24 hour period

Archived