Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You know Son Token pricing is BS when...

shootaman777

15 hours ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

Yeah like, idk what point you’re trying to make. Debt bonds worked the same way.

Just cause we were forced with bad design doesn't mean we should accept it or threat it as normal.

1 hour ago, BahamutKaiser said:

and that good awful Avichae spawn point. 

Rather than tracking them by their poo, better equip max range/duration night equinox, then fly in top left corner of the map while aiming your tranq gun. Once you see any 'catchables' just drop from archwing, sleep them with your ability (it's the best sleep ability in game, far superior than tranq darts) run to them and pick them up.

Achiveas have overall 2-3 zones they tend to spawn. 

1. Top left as mentioned before 

2. By the grandma where you enter cambion drift

3. Inbetween first 2 zones along with the inside the cave

Personally I advise NOT to bother with farming any wild life unless you have resource booster. otherwise it's just a huge time waster. 

Well, conservation is much easier in Cambion Drift than it was in Orb Vallis.

Because you HAD to use the lure and tracking spots, while in Deimos you can just fly/walk around and hunt animals. Lure and tracking only for the more rare ones. PoE is the same as Deimos,

I hope they add that to Orb Vallis too.

3 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Bothering with conservation is a hell of a lot faster.

You're totally correct, but you can see that they're claiming that conservation, the act of using the tranq and hunting the animals, is the problem. Those of us who actually play the game first before complaining, know that you don't NEED to touch the tranq gun to get Son tokens. So we're pointing that out, because now the nature of the complaints becomes way more obvious. They just want rewards handed to them, without putting in any effort.

5 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Bothering with conservation is a hell of a lot faster.

Conservation takes, what, 5 minutes per hunt? Even if you assume that you can get a Son token for a single creature tag- which you cannot- that's 50 minutes for 10 tokens.

Revivifying requires heading out into the Drift and finding a group of preds or vulps that's under attack, which might take 5 minutes in itself but let's call it 10 to be nice. You then tranq them and cart them away to safety, pop back into the Necralisk, and hit them with mutagens and antigens, which can be made dirt cheap. Then off you go to Onslaught, where roughly 10 minutes each will net you the affinity you need to get the germpups and germkittens to 30, then it's back to the Necralisk to set them free. And again, each of those nets you 10 tokens, for a grand total of 30. Not to mention that the tags for the preds and vulps you picked up can also go toward a couple more tokens.

Now explain to me how Conservation is faster?

30 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

Conservation takes, what, 5 minutes per hunt? Even if you assume that you can get a Son token for a single creature tag- which you cannot- that's 50 minutes for 10 tokens.

You can

You can get weakened tags during bounties without touching your tranq gun at all. And like a gazillion people keep saying, don't bother to use the call points, the animals are plentiful, just fly around with your tranq gun and shoot any of the targets you come across.

5 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You're making the mistake of using the call points. And yes I realise this goes against their initial design.

Yeah I had a feeling that DE screwed up when they made the call points so woefully inefficient.

They really are only good for finding the 2 rarest companion breeds with pheremones, otherwise just wandering around and tranquilizing things works better.

...Now the Fish economy on the other hand is somehow even worse than Son's is in some ways, I've literally had a 1 token trade be almost as expensive in terms of parts as a 4 token trade a few times now and I honestly hate fishing on Deimos because of it.

9 hours ago, XRosenkreuz said:

Revivifying requires heading out into the Drift and finding a group of preds or vulps that's under attack, which might take 5 minutes in itself but let's call it 10 to be nice. You then tranq them and cart them away to safety, pop back into the Necralisk, and hit them with mutagens and antigens, which can be made dirt cheap. Then off you go to Onslaught, where roughly 10 minutes each will net you the affinity you need to get the germpups and germkittens to 30, then it's back to the Necralisk to set them free. And again, each of those nets you 10 tokens, for a grand total of 30. Not to mention that the tags for the preds and vulps you picked up can also go toward a couple more tokens.

Now explain to me how Conservation is faster?

WFyb79N.png

So as I was saying, it's a hell of a lot faster. Now an hour may seem a bit long but I did that just to give you a better sample size and to prove that it wasn't a fluke if I did say a 10 minute run. It would've been more but I decided to catch some velocipods towards the end to add some more variety. I don't know about you but that sure seems like more than 5 minutes per capture. Also if I was using the spawn points, 5 minutes per animal is REALLY slow.

P.S. how many tokens you reckon that will get me? Not that I need them. But it WILL get me a lot of Floofs! :D
LpoggxC.png

8 hours ago, Aldain said:

Yeah I had a feeling that DE screwed up when they made the call points so woefully inefficient.

They really are only good for finding the 2 rarest companion breeds with pheremones, otherwise just wandering around and tranquilizing things works better.

...Now the Fish economy on the other hand is somehow even worse than Son's is in some ways, I've literally had a 1 token trade be almost as expensive in terms of parts as a 4 token trade a few times now and I honestly hate fishing on Deimos because of it.

Fish parts are easy to come by if you have a couple of friends you can play with. Just do the monoliths.

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Fish parts are easy to come by if you have a couple of friends you can play with. Just do the monoliths.

I do from time to time, I haven't actually fished on Deimos since launch.

Though I still think that the rates are less than equitable considering the exchange rate/standing ratios.

Just now, Aldain said:

I do from time to time, I haven't actually fished on Deimos since launch.

Though I still think that the rates are less than equitable considering the exchange rate/standing ratios.

ehhh.... you can literally get thousands of fish parts from monoliths with the right setup spamming them for around 15 minutes so it's not too bad.

50 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

WFyb79N.png

So as I was saying, it's a hell of a lot faster. Now an hour may seem a bit long but I did that just to give you a better sample size and to prove that it wasn't a fluke if I did say a 10 minute run. It would've been more but I decided to catch some velocipods towards the end to add some more variety. I don't know about you but that sure seems like more than 5 minutes per capture. Also if I was using the spawn points, 5 minutes per animal is REALLY slow.

P.S. how many tokens you reckon that will get me? Not that I need them. But it WILL get me a lot of Floofs! :D
LpoggxC.png

Fair enough.

In that case, got any tips? Because I've tried that a fair few times as well, and I've never seen anything but the common variants as far as avichaea and cryptilex go.

29 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

Fair enough.

In that case, got any tips? Because I've tried that a fair few times as well, and I've never seen anything but the common variants as far as avichaea and cryptilex go.

DO NOT use the spawn points, these are all caught wild. I fly around the edge of the map because it's much easier to spot them.
- Fly around with your tranq gun aimed so you can listen for the beeps.
- They have dedicated spawn zones and spots so once you learn them it is much faster to spot each one.
- Increase your effects intensity to max in options as it makes them glow brighter.
- Use Equinox with max range and good duration, if you spot anything other than an Avichea, land next to it and use sleep ability to instantly put them all into capture state. Equip Equinox with a bright contrasting colour to Deimos. I use Bright green so it's easier to spot animals I've put to sleep.
- Don't equip a melee weapon so that you don't accidentally kill the animal with a melee slam when dropping out of Archwing.
- If either a Predasite or Vulpaphyler gets attacked by an infested they won't go to sleep but you can safely attack it to put it down as they become invulnerable to death once attacked by the infested. 

For Avicheas, if you can't spot what you're looking for in a few seconds it's probably an Avichea, they spawn in the following zones and here's a short vid showing a lot of their possible spawn locations. IF you get close to an avichea it will start to fly off, note the range I'm spotting them at, going around the edge of the map helps with this as it removes clutter from the equation.
This is where Avicheas typically spawn, these zones.
BoKhttx.jpg

These are the spots within these zones, there are a few more but this is a lot of them

For Velocipods, these are completely separate to the rest of your hunting, they have definitive spawn zones and can be easily targeted at any time. They spawn here during either cycle.
xSwkYrx.jpg

- Purple generally spawns along the rivers under all that tangle at the Undulatum, check surrounding areas and cliff edges as well. 
- Green spawns on top and around the Cerebrum Magna including the  rock ledge to the top left of the main structure(also an avichea spawn zone) and they can also be found regularly on the ground in front of the structure and the nearby rivers.
-White can spawn either in the Catabolic gutter or it can also spawn at Green or Purple spawn points.
- Check each spawn zone, if they're not there, fly back in a circuit to reset the spawns and look again.

Vome and Fass produce different animals, if you want the rares ie Caustic Cryptillex, Panzer Vulpaphyler, Medjay Predasite and Viscid Avichea, hunt during Fass. For uncommons which are Septic Cryptillex, Crescent Vulpaphyler, Pharoah Predasite and Sporule Avichea, hunt during Vome.

And I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.... DO NOT USE ARCHWING BLINK, it will NOT reset the animal spawns as you fly around. 

Am 16.10.2020 um 01:26 schrieb (PS4)robotwars7:

it's not the numbers that bother me, it's the fact that Conservation WAS optional before, but was forced into the progression for Deimos, and I hate that. I hate that god awful minigame a hundred times more than fishing or mining and I would axe it totally and replace it with something else if I could. yes, we can agree that many of the changes to Son Tokens were good, but they were solutions to a problem that should never have actually been a problem in the first place.

still need Crescent Vulpaphyla, but f**k if I'm going out of my way for the rarest cat spawn. Panzer's way better and we'll all be able to hit MR30 regardless anyway so pbbbt!

Same here, not bothering with this crappy "unicorn" ;-)

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Kuhl MC said:

Problem is, I never find any, Vome cycle and just flying around... After some time, I quit wasting my time. 

That's because you don't know what you're looking for yet. It's natural. That part takes a bit of time and practice. Once you can recognise them, you'll be able to pick out the targets from the background.

All of them have messed up RNG. Grandma Oddities sometimes are 1/5th of what they usually cost
(what a surprise, I know, messed up RNG is something of a Warframe trade mark by now)
But to be honest, Grandma Oddities are COMPLETELY OVERPRICED regardless. 
50 Grandma Tokens for the captura? 15-20 Tokens for Decorations? 20 TOKENS FOR A BUILD COMPONENT???

BTW! DONT CAPTURE WILDLIFE FOR SON TOKENS!!!
Craft Companions, level on ESO and sell for 10 Tokens each
You only need 1 minute to craft each part, and components can be get from Pylons
and Itzal 3, by circling Deimos a couple of times and fishing a dozen of Fish per Companion
Just remember to select the first bounty and failed it so enemies are set to lvl 5 - 15 and are easier
to kill as Operator.
I have like over 300 Son tokens because I rerolled all my Predas to have max height. 
With an affinity booster you probably can do over 100 Son tokens an hour, maybe even more

19 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

DO NOT use the spawn points, these are all caught wild. I fly around the edge of the map because it's much easier to spot them.
- Fly around with your tranq gun aimed so you can listen for the beeps.
- They have dedicated spawn zones and spots so once you learn them it is much faster to spot each one.
- Increase your effects intensity to max in options as it makes them glow brighter.
- Use Equinox with max range and good duration, if you spot anything other than an Avichea, land next to it and use sleep ability to instantly put them all into capture state. Equip Equinox with a bright contrasting colour to Deimos. I use Bright green so it's easier to spot animals I've put to sleep.
- Don't equip a melee weapon so that you don't accidentally kill the animal with a melee slam when dropping out of Archwing.
- If either a Predasite or Vulpaphyler gets attacked by an infested they won't go to sleep but you can safely attack it to put it down as they become invulnerable to death once attacked by the infested. 

For Avicheas, if you can't spot what you're looking for in a few seconds it's probably an Avichea, they spawn in the following zones and here's a short vid showing a lot of their possible spawn locations. IF you get close to an avichea it will start to fly off, note the range I'm spotting them at, going around the edge of the map helps with this as it removes clutter from the equation.
This is where Avicheas typically spawn, these zones.
BoKhttx.jpg

These are the spots within these zones, there are a few more but this is a lot of them

For Velocipods, these are completely separate to the rest of your hunting, they have definitive spawn zones and can be easily targeted at any time. They spawn here during either cycle.
xSwkYrx.jpg

- Purple generally spawns along the rivers under all that tangle at the Undulatum, check surrounding areas and cliff edges as well. 
- Green spawns on top and around the Cerebrum Magna including the  rock ledge to the top left of the main structure(also an avichea spawn zone) and they can also be found regularly on the ground in front of the structure and the nearby rivers.
-White can spawn either in the Catabolic gutter or it can also spawn at Green or Purple spawn points.
- Check each spawn zone, if they're not there, fly back in a circuit to reset the spawns and look again.

Vome and Fass produce different animals, if you want the rares ie Caustic Cryptillex, Panzer Vulpaphyler, Medjay Predasite and Viscid Avichea, hunt during Fass. For uncommons which are Septic Cryptillex, Crescent Vulpaphyler, Pharoah Predasite and Sporule Avichea, hunt during Vome.

And I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.... DO NOT USE ARCHWING BLINK, it will NOT reset the animal spawns as you fly around. 

Much obliged. Was already doing a few of these... completely forgot that Equinox is a great tranq substitute, tho.

On 2020-10-15 at 7:03 PM, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

Yeah like, idk what point you’re trying to make. Debt bonds worked the same way. All the other tokens work the same way. It’s nothing unique to the son.

What I do have a problem with is that you can gain some of the required materials for everyone else just by doing isolation vaults. You get resources for father, ores and gems for otak, and fish parts for daughter, as well as mother tokens. The only family member missing from this reward pool is son (with the exception of grandmother but she’s different anyway). So in order to get son tokens you HAVE TO do conservation. Now I don’t mind conservation, but there are so few call points on Deimos you constantly have to extract and come back if you want to gather a good amount of tags. And the amount of tags he wants for some of the rarer animals, for so few tokens, feels really unfair. His tokens are way more trouble than they are worth and could use an economic rebalancing.

There is a difference though. Debt bonds do sell for basic resources, like ferrite, and credits. Nothing requiring animal capture or even playing Vallis. Not to mention, you can earn the bonds just by doing bounties. The comparison is wholly invalid.

The animal capture should not have been a perquisite to the Helminth or reputation.  It should have been a stand alone system, like Fortuna, with added bonus of  obtaining pets.

8 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

There is a difference though. Debt bonds do sell for basic resources, like ferrite, and credits. Nothing requiring animal capture or even playing Vallis. Not to mention, you can earn the bonds just by doing bounties. The comparison is wholly invalid.

The animal capture should not have been a perquisite to the Helminth or reputation.  It should have been a stand alone system, like Fortuna, with added bonus of  obtaining pets.

Pay close attention:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ostron

That's not all of them, but notice the stuff you need to get from mining and fishing? Good. The only reason you're not seeing conservation is because that didn't exist at the time. 

I did not know about getting tokens for turning in injured pets.  For zaws, moa, kitgun turn-ins they were kinda worthless.  I will try this out as I have alot of injured animals waiting....

BUT.  The tags 4 tokens is still garbage.  10 tokens to gild a pet is still garbage.  

Theres playing a game, and then there is grinding hours upon hours just to buy overpriced crap because of a bad economy.  

----------------------------------------

Conservation,  granny captura prices,  cortege part rarity and the small map to me makes Deimos the worst of the 3 open worlds.   I think Fortuna is the best(even though conservation there is super inconsistant/broken but more importantly the conservation there sucks because you have to use call spots)

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Pay close attention:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ostron

That's not all of them, but notice the stuff you need to get from mining and fishing? Good. The only reason you're not seeing conservation is because that didn't exist at the time. 

I said Vallis did not I? Maybe you should pay attention? Also, the system in the PoE is bad as well. Fortuna made improvements on the system, so why the #*!% did the system take 50 steps backwards with CD?

In addition, clearly there is a specific dislike for the conservation system. #*!% CD anyway. It is over. Next open world should not have ANY required none combat activities to level reputation, or lock important game wide system behind them.

Archived