The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we all just agree Warframe is Super Sentai for mature audiences?

DarthK3v

So for those who don't know, Super Sentai is the series Power Rangers draws its source material from. It's primarily aired in Japan. I recommend this wikipedia page for anyone who wants to read more.

But look at the similarities already. We have a bunch of kids/young adults who are given special abilities under mysterious circumstances. These abilities allow them to become legendary warriors equipped with various and sometimes signature weapons. We can be color coordinated when we want to be. We fight enemies who send waves of trash mobs at us, lead by a few exceptional enemies, all topped off with the boss of the week. The Worm Queen even looks a little like Bandora the Witch (Rita Repulsa in Power Rangers). We even fight the Stalker, a seemingly former-Tenno who now uses his powers for evil.

About the only difference is Warframe has more gore.

EDIT: We the Tenno were also awoken from a long sleep to fight our enemies. In the original Super Sentai, the rangers were also awoken, not chosen from a group of kids.

But consider: Nef Anyo is a saturday morning cartoon villain.

Slave army.

Industrialist.

Comically ineffective, yet still rich and in power.

Makes animal themed robots to send at the heroes. Usually abandons promising designs after one failure, or relegates them to cannon fodder.

Spoiler

Constantly defeated by children

We are missing zords though.

If we go with power ranges in space, i wouldn't mind an astro megazord to beat up big monsters.

Although galaxy might have the more fitting ones since the magna defender was dressed in black and kinda wanted to kill the rangers whenever they stood in his path.

Becoming big thanks to our own torozord sounds fun now that i think about it...

25 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

But consider: Nef Anyo is a saturday morning cartoon villain.

Slave army.

Industrialist.

Comically ineffective, yet still rich and in power.

Makes animal themed robots to send at the heroes. Usually abandons promising designs after one failure, or relegates them to cannon fodder.

Reveal hidden contents

Constantly defeated by children

Very valid points. So Warframe is every childhood dream rolled into one. I can live with this.

3 minutes ago, ArturiaFayth said:

We are missing zords though.

If we go with power ranges in space, i wouldn't mind an astro megazord to beat up big monsters.

Although galaxy might have the more fitting ones since the magna defender was dressed in black and kinda wanted to kill the rangers whenever they stood in his path.

Becoming big thanks to our own torozord sounds fun now that i think about it...

Nah, megazords would require more coordination than the average Warframe squad has. I've seen this discussed elsewhere on the forums already. Besides, Nechramechs are kinda like mini-zords, so close enough in my book.

funnily enough one of the first videogames I ever played was Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue on PS1, I was like 5-6 yrs old. even went back to it a couple of times over the years for lols. 

I Vote we start a petition to make a Universal Warframe Skin that's just a brightly coloured male/female Lycra suit that looks awfully tight, with a power ranger helmet. let's see who the true fans are!

Warframe also has similarities with 2 other games:

Lotus/Natah = Kerrigan/Queen of Blades (starcraft) 

Both were good, turned evil, command an endless army that seeks the destruction of all 

Natah = Shandra Manaya (TERA)

Both are interdimensional beings that control an endless army and throws it at the players. 

1 hour ago, DarthK3v said:

Very valid points. So Warframe is every childhood dream rolled into one. I can live with this.

Nah, megazords would require more coordination than the average Warframe squad has. I've seen this discussed elsewhere on the forums already. Besides, Nechramechs are kinda like mini-zords, so close enough in my book.

No need to go with a full squad regarding the megazords. There have been zords that are piloted by a single ranger after all.

Galaxy for example had the magna defender who could grow giant and would combine with his massive bull, think it was light speed rescue with the titanium ranger who had his own personal zord as well... And no, necramechs don't count.

Finally someone who shares my lifelong passion for Power Rangers in Space. I’ve meant to cosplay Cassie for literally decades but d e p r e s s I o n. 

I want to be able to deploy necramechs, kdrives, and a rover from the back of my railjack.

Ive tried to make my operator or mag look like rangers before.

PS. The PR: Lightspeed Rescue PS1 Game is like, a formative memory for me. I still have it actually.

Pss. More like Beatleborgs or VR Troopers 

7 hours ago, Yakhul said:

Warframe also has similarities with 2 other games:

Lotus/Natah = Kerrigan/Queen of Blades (starcraft) 

Both were good, turned evil, command an endless army that seeks the destruction of all 

Natah = Shandra Manaya (TERA)

Both are interdimensional beings that control an endless army and throws it at the players. 

In the case of Starcraft, Natah started evil, became good, and now has either remembered evil or is being brainwashed into being evil. Kerrigan started good and was infested to become evil.

In the case of Tera, Natah and the Sentients are not interdimensional.

Also Super Sentai and Warframe both have heavy Japanese influences. There are a lot more parallels there than with anything else.

I don't know what makes it "for mature audience", some Sentai episodes have more mature writing than the whole game.

But design-wise? Yes, the game is tokusatsu AF. Rubber suits based on the game would've be GLORIOUS.

Also, Zhyuoger and Ryusolger have had Hydroid Prime in them:

Spoiler

ixoO7Ym.jpg

6hqQDh7.jpg

And while we're at it

Spoiler

988B34448876991C6BCC831E2C440622434E644F

91F67703DC806359687FAF9F332562C9DC33456E

8F9174CE858C710BDCCAE3010CC26201820D3741

B67108CDCA8E67EC4F818E05652CA33D44A9CCC1

I'm saying mature in the sense of ESRB ratings. Blood, gore, violence, and sometimes horror themes. Depending on the source, Warframe ranges between T for Teen and M for Mature.

Also, y'all really shouldn't be labeling the entire community like that. We're supposed to be a judgement-free fandom.

The difference between holding people accountable and vocalizing vague, generalized dissatisfaction is a point of contention. 

We’ve experienced a limited capacity for a balance between the two. Largely incapable of differentiating free speech from hate speech. 

Digressing from that... Ordis has incredible Alpha 5 energy. 

Can someone please edit The Glassmaker Nihil over the Rita part of the MMPR intro. 

Archived