Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's us summon K-drive/Archwing in non-open world as well.

quxier

DE answered this before they released k-drives, they are basically unusable in corridors. Anyone who played the AW Rush mission before the last movement changes knows just how frustrating it is speding the whole mission grinding against walls.

2 hours ago, Shalath said:

DE answered this before they released k-drives, they are basically unusable in corridors. Anyone who played the AW Rush mission before the last movement changes knows just how frustrating it is speding the whole mission grinding against walls.

Not sure about k-drive but with archwing you don't have to run. And there are some tileset with wide corridors or like Pluto/hieracon.
ps. not like mechs be perfect. I heard they could stuck so you have to unequip it and summon it again somewhere else.

Mech i can understand , they are simply bigger warframe with less mobility, they can fit easily, except maybe a few "hole" that wouldn't fit the size of the mech but we could always re-summon them in such instance.

But archwing i don't think it would be even playable.
I mean i even collide with walls with titania in pixie form...... i wouldn't even dare to imagine what that would be like with archwing xD

As for k-drive, well we can't attack on a k-drive and i don't think it would be faster than a warframe itself. (and we would go through the floor a ton of time xD )

The idea itself could be fun , but not really playable and the limitless glitches that would be needed to be fixed would be something way too time-consuming for devs probably : adapting each tileset so that we can't go through roofs , floor etc....

à l’instant, quxier a dit :

As above person said. Plus we have some mods that deals some damage or something.

i guess....but that was the least important concern in my post.
it's more about unlimited glitches that would take a while to fix (and even create new barrier etc.. for each tileset) and the time devs would need to do that when they have already not enough time themselves for actual current bug fixing and content add.

Archwing and K-Drive in regular missions won't work. Archwing is like a speedy Necromech, it's big and bulky. The difference is mobility, which counterintuitively as it seems, becomes its biggest drawback. Razorwing works because it resizes Titania, so you won't ram into walls every five seconds. And if you want to ignore collisions, then let me remind you that Archwing takes collision damage. Most cells are not really big enough to truly benefit from Archwing. Now K-Drives are a different story. I could almost see it if it were not for doors and obstacles. Sure, K-Drive could fit better in the missions, but there would be so many things to avoid that you'd probably never get to top speed, and if you do, you'd probably just fall off the board. That's why if you were to have regular missions for K-Drives, you'd kinda need an equivalent to archwing submersible missions. Areas custom made to support K-Drive limitations. While I'm a BIG fan of that idea, you'd also have the single most important issue of all: K-Drives are broken right now. For a while now, I haven't heard of someone using a K-Drive without eventually falling through the map. As a side point for both Archwing and K-Drives, you'd also have the issue that infested tilesets would be next to impossible.

hace 2 horas, DrivaMain dijo:

Yet Mechs that barely fit in most tilesets soon can be used there. That seems unfair to Archwings and K-Drives is it not?

No, because the collision animation is annoying, or have you fun when you collide with a tree or the groundon on PoE? Now, multiply that fun x10

il y a 5 minutes, MonsterOfMyOwn a dit :

Allowing K-drive would be great. All those talking about collision should remember that you can play Gauss 1st, Volt with 300%str, titania with razorwing augment, wukong cloud walk, and operator dash, so why not K-drive ?

all  those mentioned are more playable and most importantly way less glitchy and don't fall through floor.
simple as that.

35 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamma83 said:

all  those mentioned are more playable and most importantly way less glitchy and don't fall through floor.
simple as that.

I don't know how glitchy k-drive is because I cannot mount it (as soon as I mount it it automatically dismount). However I haven't get such glitches before "dismount" glitch happened.

Wow, so many amateur objections, everyone who knows uses Amesha because it blocks damage and status, including collision animation, just like Titania. They can make Archwing auto deactivate as you enter tiles that don't fit them, just like they do when you approach the Necralisk.

And the K-Drive has invulnerability and anti Wipeout mods, you can mod for a slow K-Drive and focus on stationary ability use. 

It's no more buggy than anything else in the game, players blast across regular tiles with Nova, Gauss, Titania, or any other movement frame, many faster than K-Drives and Archwing.

Obviously exceptions would be required, and it may not be a priority or even desirable, but please, withhold the irrational and ignorant objections, your not making a point...

Archived