Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worthless items in Steel Path Weekly rotation.

DrinkingRock

The only thing I could do in response to this is sigh. How, in any way, shape, or form, is this considered a reward? The same goes for the slightly discounted Kuva from last week (My opinion on the kuva changed after seeing the rest of the rewards in the rotation). It really feels just disrespectful to the obscene amount of time you now have to put in to get steel essence.

In this current form, the only thing even slightly worth it is the Umbra Forma every eight weeks. Please consider giving us WORTHWHILE rewards, like 10 forma for 75 steel essence as a middling example, or multiple catalysts, or something other than this kitgun riven that you can basically pick up off the street.

YCXkzyk.jpg

1 minute ago, Deminisis said:

Just to mention this:

Kitgun, pistol, and zaw rivens sell around 5-10 platinum in market.

Rifle, melee, and shotgun go for around 30.

The time investment for 75 essence as opposed to selling prime parts or mods for the required platinum way off.

Yeah this is basically it. If you can buy a riven for 5 to 10 plat which is potentially ONE capture fissure worth of prime parts, its 2min vs god knows how long 75 essence is gonna take.

The rivens should be max 15 essence with a new one popping daily or weekly separate from the weekly rotation we have now, and reserve that for something more unique like arcanes.

1 hour ago, kishanira said:

xEDjmdb.jpg

nice reward DE.

i doubt saying anything in forums would get us anywhere anyway. if it did there wouldn't have been many problems in the previous updates. 

The only things that have value are Umbra, Kuva and Rifle riven.

Forma and shotgun riven are a maybe, if I have too many SE. They are not worth 75 SE for sure.

Zaw riven, I typically instantly liquidate these. They have some value, but 75 SE? Hell no. 

I would not buy 30K endo for 1 SE, not 150. Who the #*!% though this is a good idea? If you farmed150 SE you most definitely do not need endo.

All the prices need to be adjusted down, add melee rivens and remove the #*!%ing endo. 

il y a 31 minutes, (PSN)thegarada a dit :

The only things that have value are Umbra, Kuva and Rifle riven.

Forma and shotgun riven are a maybe, if I have too many SE. They are not worth 75 SE for sure.

Zaw riven, I typically instantly liquidate these. They have some value, but 75 SE? Hell no. 

I would not buy 30K endo for 1 SE, not 150. Who the #*!% though this is a good idea? If you farmed150 SE you most definitely do not need endo.

All the prices need to be adjusted down, add melee rivens and remove the #*!%ing endo. 

not for 150 SE , but personally i would like 30K endo , it helps greatly in making additional umbra mod or corrupted mods that are not "max rank" for build that don't allow to have all the mods at max rank.

Il y a 10 heures, Dauggie a dit :

10 forma lmao with people hoarding thousands of plat, you think they will do that? xD i hope not, it's like punishing those who didnt participate in afk farming

well to be fair , any good reward would feel like being punished for not spamming with khora squad like a no-brainer for hunting SE.

Though , yea , 10 forma for 75 SE is way too much forma for that low price xD
3 forma for 75 SE feel atleast more "normal".

But then again, i do not know yet the rate of SE as i haven't tried the acolytes farming yet.

11 hours ago, DrinkingRock said:

The only thing I could do in response to this is sigh. How, in any way, shape, or form, is this considered a reward? The same goes for the slightly discounted Kuva from last week. It really feels just disrespectful to the obscene amount of time you now have to put in to get steel essence.

'Obscene time', lel.

75 essences is 38 unboosted Acolyte spawns, currently we see approx. 7.5 minutes per Acolyte spawn (range is roughly 4 to 11 minutes deep into mission). If farming in the most diluted possible sense, that's 4 hours 37.5 minutes over the course of a week.

But boosters exist, potentially dropping that to 2 hours ~19 minutes.

But incursions exist, which branches down further.

Unboosted incursions yield 5 per run with an Acolyte, we'll assume you run to 7.5 minutes for the acolyte double-dip. 75 essences is 15 Acolyte-appearance Incursions, is 1 hour 52.5 minutes.

Boosted incursions yield 7 per run with an Acolyte. 75 essences is 11 resource-boosted Acolyte Incursions, is 1 hour 22.5 minutes over the course of a week.

If you're using incursions, your weekly time debit for the non-Umbra rewards is one or two average runs of the old system that lasted long enough to get anything worthwhile in Eximus-dropped essences. While the quantities may not be equal.. the rest was only feeding Kuva addiction anyway, so all we need is to judge by the weekly cost of these rotating rewards.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Gamma83 said:

not for 150 SE , but personally i would like 30K endo , it helps greatly in making additional umbra mod or corrupted mods that are not "max rank" for build that don't allow to have all the mods at max rank.

If it goes for like 50-75SE, maybe. By no means endo should be more expensive than Kuva. Personally I have ~400K endo and at least ~300K in statues. And I rarely use endo, mostly use it level rivens, which happens very rarely and only costs ~7.5K. And my veternacy level, is on the lower end. There are players with much more time in the game than I do, and possibly have millions of endo. The issue is, it will lock a week, delaying all other rewards, for something that can be easily farmed in other areas in the game, at much higher quantities. 

If it is consistently in the store, and not a rotating reward, that would be okay. 

29 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Yeah this shop kinda sucks. Surprise! The guy balancing loot acquisition at DE is at it again.

To be fair it is still the only place to get umbra forma reliably.

The kuva is also a nice reward. 

Considering de said steel path was not about the rewards i am glad that nothing really worthwhile is locked behind it.

I think it's a good reward considering the release of 2 new infested kitgun sets (also useable with other kitgun parts) to help get some rivens out there for the new weapons (as well as some more for the other parts people may be playing around with for more builds).

7 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

'Obscene time', lel.

75 essences is 38 unboosted Acolyte spawns, currently we see approx. 7.5 minutes per Acolyte spawn (range is roughly 4 to 11 minutes deep into mission). If farming in the most diluted possible sense, that's 4 hours 37.5 minutes over the course of a week.

But boosters exist, potentially dropping that to 2 hours ~19 minutes.

But incursions exist, which branches down further.

Unboosted incursions yield 5 per run with an Acolyte, we'll assume you run to 7.5 minutes for the acolyte double-dip. 75 essences is 15 Acolyte-appearance Incursions, is 1 hour 52.5 minutes.

Boosted incursions yield 7 per run with an Acolyte. 75 essences is 11 resource-boosted Acolyte Incursions, is 1 hour 22.5 minutes over the course of a week.

If you're using incursions, your weekly time debit for the non-Umbra rewards is one or two average runs of the old system that lasted long enough to get anything worthwhile in Eximus-dropped essences. While the quantities may not be equal.. the rest was only feeding Kuva addiction anyway, so all we need is to judge by the weekly cost of these rotating rewards.

I see your logic, but my point still stands. Why would I spend an hour and a half farming for a kitgun riven? I would much rather get the kuva and roll the 120+ rivens I already have. For almost all of Teshin's "rewards", there are quicker ways to obtain the item in question. You can do transmutation to get a 10p mod to sell and buy a kitgun riven with. 3 Forma for 75 Essence is also a joke. Getting the 10% chance on a Hive run gives you plat for one or two 3-packs of that.

Hell, even 30K endo can be farmed quicker solo using this logic. I can run SP Arena by myself in under 4 minutes (Made a guide too) and get roughly 2K endo per run without a mod booster. That's WAY less time than it takes to farm 150 Essence by your math.

The only two things even kinda worth it are the Umbra Forma and the discounted Kuva, which I consider fair rewards after more thought. I just don't get why the devs have this massive inconsistency on rewards, why there needs to be chaff for the majority of the time in almost all cases. I respect your thought-out argument, but it doesn't hold.

There are a lot of fair points raised so far in this thread.

I think my main issue is how the old SP system respected time put in and high level gear. I have to emphasize, as a person who did the Khora Essence farm, it was not a place to afk macro. It was all about micromanaging and energy economy, and on a good weekend warriors type run with my friends we could get a really nice haul of Essence. In fact, I've never seen anyone afk macro Steel Path. Afk macros are bannable by the EULA. Using that buzzword felt more like an excuse than an actual reason.

The new system eliminates endurance runs, replacing them with a grind that you cannot lump sum, which seems to be the case with all the recent grinds. It demands more of my time with less output for time put in, and disregards skill or gear level. Not to sound elitist, but as a long-time veteran with completely maxed out gear, that kinda stings. Nothing about the optimized Essence grind was taking away from other peoples' experiences with the Steel Path. It was opt-in, and at best you got to roll your rivens more often. It was one of the very few farms that was actually fun to me, and it really sucks to have that taken away when the older events were all about these endurance runs (i.e. earning Ignis Wraith for my ghostie by doing a long ass endurance run of Pacifism Defect), and DE immediately replaced it with the underground bounties, which take way longer and give way less.

Considering these changes to Steel Path, and recent events like Scarlet Spear and Deimos, DE are demanding more time, but not in a way you can do it all at once over a weekend. You have to be constantly on top of it now or you miss out, and that's a really bad feeling.

Archived