Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE gave me the greatest 2021 gift ever!

GEN-Son_17

Contains spoilers. Please do not read if have not completed all quests!!

So, my wife's best friend wanted to try Warframe last year and, after progressing nicely, she, uhhh....met....the man in the wall. Her and my wife's screams were legendary. Fast forward to last night and she called us to rip my head off. Apparently, I was supposed to warn her about Harrow's quest. She's now afraid to return to her orbiter because of you know who. Therefore: GREAT JOB DE! Another quest done right!!

44 minutes ago, GEN-Son_17 said:

*snip*

tumblr_mimv2r3inI1ru5h8co1_500.gif

That is rich son, wow they got scared that living hell that easy, it isn't type horror that scared the hell out me.  She should of try play the game "Fatal Frame", "F.E.A.R" (series), "The Forest", and "Dead of Daylight".  Thous game will freak the hell out of you, but the less scary vib feeling in the game is really halo 3 the flood thing.  As again, I forgot how less scary to have the MITW.  All I always say, "hi" to it and that is it....good gosh I forgot about that one scary game I think it is called night over freddy...

Spoiler

450?cb=20150723014651

Good enough for scare the living daylight out your friends.  Just remember order the 1st series so they think it's friendly kid's game.

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_miwvvnj0XI1qz4rgp.gif

44 minutes ago, GEN-Son_17 said:

she called us to rip my head off. Apparently, I was supposed to warn her about Harrow's quest. She's now afraid to return to her orbiter

Understandable, there's nothing scarier than a child.

I'm not even kidding. There's only 3 things in life I'm afraid of; heights, death, and children. You just can't control these demons.

This is where I say "cool story bro" and really mean it with no sarcasm. 

I love Wally. Letting people discover Wally on their own is important, warnings would be spoilers after all... :devil:

There was a bug going around, idk if thy squashed it, were a few random people were being extra haunted by Wally and he was showing up constantly to bother them. 

Without reading past your first sentence, it would have been really nice for you to have a story spoiler tag on this thread title. I had no idea that it was possible to meet the man in the wall. It would have been nice to have experienced that same surprise thrill that your wife's friend experienced.

16 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

I'm not even kidding. There's only 3 things in life I'm afraid of; heights, death, and children. You just can't control these demons.

so being stuck on top of a skyscraper with a child dressed as the Grim Reaper is your worst nightmare? k. I'll agree I don't enjoy heights much. death is inevitable, so there's no point being afraid of it, when it's your time it's your time. children, they just annoy me, and I think "demon child" is one of the most overused tropes in horror, along with jumpscares and women who trip and fall at the start of every chase sequence.

Chains of Harrow was still alright though, and I do want more quests like that. I think if anything though, DE might end up leaning less towards paranormal scares and more towards cosmic horror, what with the presence of the Void, an incomprehensible entity, being at the forefront of Duviri and being tied to many other aspects of the lore. 

19 hours ago, GEN-Son_17 said:

So, my wife's best friend wanted to try Warframe last year and, after progressing nicely, she, uhhh....met....the man in the wall. Her and my wife's screams were legendary. Fast forward to last night and she called us to rip my head off. Apparently, I was supposed to warn her about Harrow's quest. She's now afraid to return to her orbiter because of you know who. Therefore: GREAT JOB DE! Another quest done right!!

so gonna tell them about the next visit when they make there railjack?

17 hours ago, MontyCulligan said:

Without reading past your first sentence, it would have been really nice for you to have a story spoiler tag on this thread title. I had no idea that it was possible to meet the man in the wall. It would have been nice to have experienced that same surprise thrill that your wife's friend experienced.

CRAP! My apologies! I honestly was too quick to share the laugh and didn't realize the spoiler. Correcting now.

I still don't understand how Rells quests was close to a horrow story to anyone. I wish i could see it differently like you lads got to.

But rolling in with my unkillable god like Warframe you kinda lose that. I don't understand how it was. If anything we are the gods and demons to be feared correct?.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Mofojokers said:

I still don't understand how Rells quests was close to a horrow story to anyone. I wish i could see it differently like you lads got to.

But rolling in with my unkillable god like Warframe you kinda lose that. I don't understand how it was. If anything we are the gods and demons to be feared correct?.

She wanted to play with no spoilers, guides, etc, (not saying you did or needed to) so she didn't know how to fast level and mod like I can as a vet. She was far from god mode when I saw her load-outs. For her, it was harder and scarier. 

She's also an explorer type of warframe player which makes the suspense even crazier. Lol!

22 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

tumblr_mimv2r3inI1ru5h8co1_500.gif

That is rich son, wow they got scared that living hell that easy, it isn't type horror that scared the hell out me.  She should of try play the game "Fatal Frame", "F.E.A.R" (series), "The Forest", and "Dead of Daylight".  Thous game will freak the hell out of you, but the less scary vib feeling in the game is really halo 3 the flood thing.  As again, I forgot how less scary to have the MITW.  All I always say, "hi" to it and that is it....good gosh I forgot about that one scary game I think it is called night over freddy...

Reveal hidden contents

450?cb=20150723014651

Good enough for scare the living daylight out your friends.  Just remember order the 1st series so they think it's friendly kid's game.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_inline_miwvvnj0XI1qz4rgp.gif

Lol have them try the games Prey  (2017) and Subnautica. That will really get them screaming

Also I just want to ask... how?! How the hell did a quest spook a couple so badly they wont play the game again? Even tho the quest is the only place that kind of horror takes place?

1 hour ago, GEN-Son_17 said:

CRAP! My apologies! I honestly was too quick to share the laugh and didn't realize the spoiler. Correcting now.

Thank you for your kind attitude about this, it's very much appreciated. Mistakes happen and of course it's not the end of the world when something is spoiled.

23 hours ago, GEN-Son_17 said:

Contains spoilers. Please do not read if have not completed all quests!!

😄

Oh to have been a fly on the wall when he made his first appearance. 

I'll tell you that I still have fond memories of a bunch of us in a voice chat, listening to one guy preparing to do TSD, and telling him to just hustle up and get it done in response to his grumbling about certain aspects of of the game. 

There were no spoilers, we were all just biting our tongues, and then we were all listening to his mind get blown. 😅

50 minutes ago, (PSN)guzmantt1977 said:

😄

Oh to have been a fly on the wall when he made his first appearance. 

I'll tell you that I still have fond memories of a bunch of us in a voice chat, listening to one guy preparing to do TSD, and telling him to just hustle up and get it done in response to his grumbling about certain aspects of of the game. 

There were no spoilers, we were all just biting our tongues, and then we were all listening to his mind get blown. 😅

Ohhhh, that call was MAGIC!! She was crying on that one! Lol!

9 hours ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

Lol have them try the games Prey  (2017) and Subnautica. That will really get them screaming

Also I just want to ask... how?! How the hell did a quest spook a couple so badly they wont play the game again? Even tho the quest is the only place that kind of horror takes place?

lol, it just that they never got into deep with the lore of warframe.  Unlike others men and women who take deep into the lore of the game it is pretty much you don't have to be scared.

Archived