Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Survey Results] "A different take on Warframe PvP"

[DE]Purzzle

18 hours ago, Surbusken said:

In the simplest possible terms, this game is a looter-shooter. PVP has not loot.

So when you get get paid in PVE but not PVP, you are literally wasting your time in PVP - understand this is nothing personal against PVP, so don't take it personally.

But when people get paid somewhere else, they are going to go somewhere else, is just the reality of the situation.

Being the huge fan of PVP you say you are, you have to get right with the situation and face up to the reality of the problems it has, rather than defending it out of some sense of misunderstood loyalty - that won't fix anything.

Just because the PvE part is a looter shooter it doesnt mean the PvP part has to be. Few PvP games actually provide drops on kills, and if there are no drops on kills it wont be a looter shooter no matter how much loot you lock behind the mode.

It also doesnt matter if you get paid in PvE and not in PvP, since the two systems trigger your brain in different ways when it comes to feeling rewarded. By your own logic it would be wasted time no matter what loot is added to PvP unless it starts to impact PvE progression aswell. At which point you've crossed the line of what makes PvP bad in PvE games, namely when it starts to impact PvE, either through balance or progression.

If that is the case, that people go elsewhere if they get payed there, then there is no problem with conclave since it pays you already by being a PvP mode if you seek PvP.

I'm a die hard fan of PvP, I am however not a fan of WF PvP and rewards wont change that since rewards arent the issue with WF PvP. Slapping rewards in there that are not "wasting your time" wont benefit PvP one bit, it will just make it worse since it suddenly gets entwined with PvE.

Like I said, if items rewards are needed in order to attract you to PvP then you arent really in it for the PvP. They could add pretty much any mode aslong as it has shinies for you in such a case. Might aswell ask for a Sims module for the game with progressional rewards based on your tennos social life.

I just had an idea, and I realize someone might've already suggested this in the previous pages, but what if they took the Dog Days event and made a version of that for PvP? Where two teams of players chase each other around a map with no powers, just parkour and water guns?

52 minutes ago, DarthK3v said:

I just had an idea, and I realize someone might've already suggested this in the previous pages, but what if they took the Dog Days event and made a version of that for PvP? Where two teams of players chase each other around a map with no powers, just parkour and water guns?

It'd be the same as normal TDM, worse. Abilities give weaker players a way to still get kills, and taking that away just puts more power into the hands of the regulars who don't need their abilities to begin with. Forcing everyone to use water guns would help level the playing field a little, I guess, but only because the water gun is so crap as a real weapon.

vor 20 Minuten schrieb DarthK3v:

Dog Days event and made a version of that for PvP

Could do that. Just need to have it on a rotation with similar modes, like all-Ogris or other whacky weapon limitations (so it doesn't get stale).

vor 2 Minuten schrieb vanaukas:

I really like your surveys

Thanks, mate :)

19 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

It'd be the same as normal TDM, worse. Abilities give weaker players a way to still get kills, and taking that away just puts more power into the hands of the regulars who don't need their abilities to begin with. Forcing everyone to use water guns would help level the playing field a little, I guess, but only because the water gun is so crap as a real weapon.

I mean yeah, it would be a team deathmatch kind of thing, but it would be goofy and less serious. Losing wouldn't sting so much, at least to some people. I wouldn't mind losing in a game mode like that. And @Purzzle suggested just above a mode with everyone using Ogris or other crazy weapons. Maybe a version with the Lenz too. I think it could work. I'm not suggesting it's balanced, I'm just suggesting it might be more fun for more people.

vor 19 Minuten schrieb DarthK3v:

And @Purzzle suggested just above a mode with everyone using Ogris or other crazy weapons. Maybe a version with the Lenz too. I think it could work. I'm not suggesting it's balanced, I'm just suggesting it might be more fun for more people.

This remebers me on old times where I meet my friends to play Halo 2 splitscreens. Only rockets and infinite ammo is one of the funniest combination. So much chaos and still balanced by being totally unbalanced. Like everything should be.

Archived