Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Painful Lottery

(XBOX)Apoll0 666

About a week or so ago I spent around 3 hours trying to farm 4 argon crystals and I failed. Had to come back the next day and farm then again on Mot. Tell me RNGesus, why must you make a mockery of me. I just got 8 argon crystals in one Void sortie, what have I done to deserve this punishment, I dont even need them ffs.

38 minutes ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

About a week or so ago I spent around 3 hours trying to farm 4 argon crystals and I failed. Had to come back the next day and farm then again on Mot. Tell me RNGesus, why must you make a mockery of me. I just got 8 argon crystals in one Void sortie, what have I done to deserve this punishment, I dont even need them ffs.

For me, in general, it takes 3 rounds of exterminate (Oxomoco afair).

And I stopped opening all lockers and going to all rooms. I get more if I either go to some special mission (void fissure or something) or just finish the mission without carrying too much about speed & above things.

There should be some "at most X times to get Y" thing.

Actually, as far as I'm aware, while the drops of Argon per enemy are really low, by picking the right mission you can get Argon resources to spawn in the environment by picking the non-obvious mission types. I think this is a way to prevent players from farming them the easy way, to be honest, I wouldn't put it past them.

So, for example, Tiwaz is a Mobile Defense, a mission format that is statistically disliked. I've had a lot of luck with finding the 'pegamites' that spawn instead of crates in the different tiles, and these can even give you two Argon if you're lucky. This also applies to Aten, and then there's the Sabotage on Marduk and Stribog.

If you're farming again, give those a try instead of the all-too-popular Capture, Exterminate and Survival missions.

22 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

So, for example, Tiwaz is a Mobile Defense, a mission format that is statistically disliked. I've had a lot of luck with finding the 'pegamites' that spawn instead of crates in the different tiles, and these can even give you two Argon if you're lucky. This also applies to Aten, and then there's the Sabotage on Marduk and Stribog.

Is this not perhaps due to the difference in how the mission is ran? Mobile defense has 3 areas you are forced to stop and spend time in, sabotage has the waiting before opening the portal and also has caches to encourage exploration.

Capture on the other hand is a rush to cap a target, then a rush to the exit. Exterminate is a quick room sweep then moving on. Survival depends more on the player, I guess, but most of the time people tend to either camp an end point or stay in 2-3 rooms' worth of area.

I ran loads of Caps and Exterminates where I've got 2-4 argon. So, I really don't think DE has some sort of code in the background to encourage playing the more unpopular mission types.

I do however agree that enemies are a worse source than just looking for the crystal spawns.

5 hours ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Is this not perhaps due to the difference in how the mission is ran?

I thought so too, but over the years I've found that even if you do search every room, open every locker, there genuinely aren't as many Argon spawns on Capture and Exterminate, or even Survival, as there are on the Sabotage or Mobile Defense.

Mind you, this is over time, just like any other form of RNG. Tomorrow, OP may go into a Survival and find 15 Argon in that one mission...

aside from the limbo way to destroy easily every items around or the nekros / khora way of farming in survival

a good way would be to :

- spam the lowest capture mission in the void and check quickly the room that is glued to the extraction point. (there is a rather high chance for it to have argon crystal and since the mission can be done in 1 min , you'll get a higher chance than regular farm on survival i think that way while also farming some lith relics at the same time)
- make your sentinel die a few times while it has the "spare parts" mod in the void.
- do some vault in deimos , it has quiet a good chance of having argon crystals if you do the extra mission by following the sentinel loid around to protect it and open the vault with the 4 symbols.

Use sentinel with spare parts and regen in the void . Allow mobs to kill the sentinel for chance of 50% to get resource drop, 25% of time it would be an argon.

If sentinel didn`t drop resource you wanted, then get yourself killed and revive with sentinel. Rinse and repeat.

Fastest way of farming rare resources in the game.

This is just game mechanic...

You shouldn't go farming them in the "kill enemies till they drop" kind of farm. Run an Exterminate or Capture on void, scour every room (especially resource rooms and whatnot) for the resource in it's natural (?) source as an object.

BTW, I'm on xbox and am basically always free or online so hit me up if you ever need anything, I've seen you on the forums enough to think you actually care lmao.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Sir Sponks Alot said:

You shouldn't go farming them in the "kill enemies till they drop" kind of farm. Run an Exterminate or Capture on void, scour every room (especially resource rooms and whatnot) for the resource in it's natural (?) source as an object.

BTW, I'm on xbox and am basically always free or online so hit me up if you ever need anything, I've seen you on the forums enough to think you actually care lmao.

I usually get a Nekros with Master Thief, and I usually get a few after some missions but I wasn’t getting any at the time, thanks tho : )

Best way I've found is low level capture, max range Equinox Prime with mucho loot radar.  Natural talent for casting speed, max efficiency. 

Argon pegmatites are more common then enemy drops.  If Maim has any damage stored, when it's released it will break all containers in range.  Pegmatites shown on loot radar, vacuum/fetch lets you grab everything with minimal fuss, death orbs will keep Equinox Prime energized.  Maim, kill 1 thing, nuke, vacuum up anything on the radar, move on to the next place you see a bunch of dots, continue until map ends or you find your Argon.  Only ever taken me 2-3 runs tops.  Equinox and Fetch even makes getting the spawns out of the ceiling orbs easy, since you can maim/bullet jump/vacuum.

Archived