The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

[DE]Megan

"Error Occurred - Drop was not claimed."

this is rather frustrating.... Warframe account shows linked to proper Twitch account. Twitch shows proper connection to Warframe. The drop shows up in my drop inventory, but clicking the button gives the above error message.

Edited by Sentinel-14

Hey Folks, Just a heads up: The campaign was only active for an hour and the way Twitch Drops works for time based drops is that if you were eligible and had your progress bar fill up you only had until the streamer closed the campaign to claim. So, if you were eligible but didn't smash that claim button until even a minute after the campaign was closed (32min ago as of writing this) then you can no longer claim it. 

I relinked yesterday and it somehow split my Warframe account into 2 accounts: one associated to my email and one associated to my PSN ID (which uses the same email). I don't have any Warframe accounts other than my PSN account, so I don't know how this happened.

So even though I claimed the drop from the stream it isn't going to give it to me It probably sent it to that zombie account it created. :(

Edited by (PSN)OrganicShadow

14 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Investigating this!

Can we just kill Twitch Drops and reward in-game items from being in the actual game? Like, this has happened for every valuable drop, every TennoCon, and most streams since this campaign was started years ago. I understand you want to boost stream numbers, but you can accomplish that by making them more worthwhile to watch. Are artificial viewers really this important? It's a headache for you guys to maintain as well as players getting the short end of the stick with this stuff time and time again, sometimes missing stuff as critical as Athodai. Furthermore, the fact streams are in the late night hours for many European and Asian Tenno is understandably frustrating.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, (PSN)cdn_JEB said:

Unlinked and relinked 2 days ago... claimed drop but it didn’t show up in game, yet the account names are listed correctly... ps4

Ok it eventually showed up, I claimed 40 mins into the stream, logged into Warframe 5 mins after stream, and it showed up 10 mins later.  Just some long delay I guess...

Worked fine, but very slow here on PC. I was 15 minutes or so late and unlinked/relinked during the stream, watched the entire thing, waited 15 min, logged in, did some stuff, did the gift alert (so, 10 minutes exactly) and only then received the drop, that's about half an hour/ 40 mins wait... Not the end of the world, but just something ppl may want to know.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Genasiana said:

Hey Folks, Just a heads up: The campaign was only active for an hour and the way Twitch Drops works for time based drops is that if you were eligible and had your progress bar fill up you only had until the streamer closed the campaign to claim. So, if you were eligible but didn't smash that claim button until even a minute after the campaign was closed (32min ago as of writing this) then you can no longer claim it. 

[DE]Megan specifically said in the stream that you didn't need to claim the drop while the stream was still active.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sentinel-14 said:

"Error Occurred - Drop was not claimed."

this is rather frustrating.... Warframe account shows linked to proper Twitch account. Twitch shows proper connection to Warframe. The drop shows up in my drop inventory, but clicking the button gives the above error message.

We have contacted Twitch to investigate further. I'll update here when I get an answer.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Genasiana said:

I really, really hope you're wrong in this, because that's going to make drops even worse than they used to be.

• Like 2

Just now, arisuchan said:

[DE]Megan specifically said in the stream that you didn't need to claim the drop while the stream was still active.

Correct, but you DO have to claim your drop while the Campaign is active as per Twitch Drops instructions. Twitch Drops has it's own rules and those for time related rewards are that you must claim it within the Campaign time limit. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

We have contacted Twitch to investigate further. I'll update here when I get an answer.

okay, I checked in-game and I have received the blueprint.

Oddly, Twitch is telling me both that I need to claim it, and that it has already been claimed.

I got this error too but I actually got the reactor BP. I think twitch derp or something cause the game gave it to me but in my twitch drop inventory It says I still have not claimed it. 

11 minutes ago, Genasiana said:

Correct, but you DO have to claim your drop while the Campaign is active as per Twitch Drops instructions. Twitch Drops has it's own rules and those for time related rewards are that you must claim it within the Campaign time limit. 

Megan in the stream said it would not expire if you leave your stream running to get it while you get busy IRl during the very stream ppl are having problems with is what he is trying to point out.

Edited by (XBOX)Dex Xean

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dex Xean said:

I got this error too but I actually got the reactor BP. I think twitch derp or something cause the game gave it to me but in my twitch drop inventory It says I still have not claimed it. 

Megan in the stream said it would not expire if you leave your stream running to get it while you get busy IRl during the very stream ppl are having problems with is what he is trying to point out.

Strange, because I have the claim option, but when I select it I receive the "This Campaign has been closed" message. Which I've seen before when other streamers were first using Twitch Drops and still getting used to setting Campaign limit vs eligible watch time limit. The Twitch Drops FAQ also supports this under their Time-Based Drops section. (https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/mission-based-drops?language=en_US#claimtime which states: "Remember, you can only earn progress towards a time-based Drop on one participating channel at a time. You can also check your progress towards Drops within a campaign anytime by viewing the Drops Inventory. When you have reached 100% progress for the active Drop within a campaign, you will receive a claim notification at the bottom of chat. For time-based Drops, if you are unable to claim the Drop in time, you will be able to claim it from the inventory page until the Drops campaign ends.") Since the campaign for today's stream is listed as Closed this seems to be the obvious answer to quite a few folks' chagrin. 

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dex Xean said:

Yeah, same experience. Hit claim, got the error, just over an hour after the stream ended(for science). Hit the claim button again, and it showed under claimed, likely it was already claimed the first time and hitting it the second time just refreshed the page. Now i'll wait a bit for it to show in game, since it seems top be a 10-15 minute wait.

EDIT: Only took like 2-3 minutes, got it in game fine.

Edited by IspanoLFW

1 minute ago, Genasiana said:

Strange, because I have the claim option, but when I select it I receive the "This Campaign has been closed" message. Which I've seen before when other streamers were first using Twitch Drops and still getting used to setting Campaign limit vs eligible watch time limit. The Twitch Drops FAQ also supports this under their Time-Based Drops section. (https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/mission-based-drops?language=en_US#claimtime which states: "Remember, you can only earn progress towards a time-based Drop on one participating channel at a time. You can also check your progress towards Drops within a campaign anytime by viewing the Drops Inventory. When you have reached 100% progress for the active Drop within a campaign, you will receive a claim notification at the bottom of chat. For time-based Drops, if you are unable to claim the Drop in time, you will be able to claim it from the inventory page until the Drops campaign ends.") Since the campaign for today's stream is listed as Closed this seems to be the obvious answer to quite a few folks' chagrin. 

I watched the stream, got 100%. Intentionally waited til the stream was over, a bit over an hour. Claimed it just now. It does show the error others have mentioned, but it does claim properly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genasiana said:

The error I was receiving was the one in this image of mine. 

Spoiler

gx69ODd.png?1

I still got it ingame though no clue what's happening twitch side of things.

1 minute ago, IspanoLFW said:

Yeah, same experience. Hit claim, got the error, just over an hour after the stream ended(for science). Hit the claim button again, and it showed under claimed, likely it was already claimed the first time and hitting it the second time just refreshed the page. Now i'll wait a bit for it to show in game, since it seems top be a 10-15 minute wait.

I got the item ingame but on twitch its still showing claim now. I just checked. Ill try firefox browser and see if switching browsers changes things.

Wow.. also 100% and cant claim as it expired. Tbh had no idea i had to mash that button before the end of stream ...rip

I guess it expires really fast

lesson learned DE/Twitch 1 Thawfoot 0

Btw 100% link according to Twitch and DE

item sitting in inbox got the Error occurred banner across the top

even tho it say it was claimed on the bottom... never showed up ingame mail

Ok update 2.0.. re logged and item was in the in game mailbox

Ty De....Score even

Edited by Thawfoot
updated info 2.0