Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

[DE]Megan

Colour me absolutely shocked, this actually worked for me.

A lot of things in the description still don't make sense to me, like the "Twitch icon in the top right" that we're supposed to be able to click to see our progress. What Twitch icon? If it's your profile icon that lets you access settings, log out, etc, I didn't see any progress. Best way I found to track it was to access the inventory from the message that pops up when the stream starts, telling you what the drop will be (open the inventory in a separate tab of course), then hit F5 on inventory once in a while to check progress. I claimed it as soon as it became available while the stream was still running (I do wonder if it's even possible to claim later, or claim and let it sit in inventory for longer than a day, or any other valid questions along this line). I only loaded into the game 4 hours later, at which point I had to wait a few minutes and recheck my mailbox before the drop appeared there (I wonder if the "5-10 minutes before it appears" requires the game to be running).

Much as I like the addition of the inventory and being able to actually KNOW if the drops are working or not (a few have, for absolutely no discernible reason, not worked for me in the past), it does seem much clunkier than the old system with one small change: a simple progress bar that fills up towards 30min. Mixer was an absolutely awful platform, but they had that years ago and I can't fathom why Twitch can't seem to find a simple and elegant solution to drops, never mind copy an existing one.

Anyway it does look like this time this is a Twitch problem and not a DE problem. Kudos to Megan for the detailed OP.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, zipilgrim said:

Colour me absolutely shocked, this actually worked for me.

A lot of things in the description still don't make sense to me, like the "Twitch icon in the top right" that we're supposed to be able to click to see our progress. What Twitch icon? If it's your profile icon that lets you access settings, log out, etc, I didn't see any progress. Best way I found to track it was to access the inventory from the message that pops up when the stream starts, telling you what the drop will be (open the inventory in a separate tab of course), then hit F5 on inventory once in a while to check progress. I claimed it as soon as it became available while the stream was still running (I do wonder if it's even possible to claim later, or claim and let it sit in inventory for longer than a day, or any other valid questions along this line). I only loaded into the game 4 hours later, at which point I had to wait a few minutes and recheck my mailbox before the drop appeared there (I wonder if the "5-10 minutes before it appears" requires the game to be running).

Much as I like the addition of the inventory and being able to actually KNOW if the drops are working or not (a few have, for absolutely no discernible reason, not worked for me in the past), it does seem much clunkier than the old system with one small change: a simple progress bar that fills up towards 30min. Mixer was an absolutely awful platform, but they had that years ago and I can't fathom why Twitch can't seem to find a simple and elegant solution to drops, never mind copy an existing one.

Anyway it does look like this time this is a Twitch problem and not a DE problem. Kudos to Megan for the detailed OP.

There should be a section called "Drops" if you click your profile picture in the top right, which is what I assume the "Twitch icon" means. A progress bar along with a thumbnail of the item should appear underneath the Drops section without you needing to visit your inventory, at least during the stream itself. It also shows up in chat provided you opened the stream while it was active; otherwise you needed to refresh the page. But the other progress bar should have been visible the whole time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VnKenmax said:

I watched twitch last night and I got the package. 

But when I log into the game,  I don't see the mail.

WHO CAN HELP ME ???

Did you manually collect it from the Twitch Drops menu under your profile picture.

Click on your profile pic you'll see Drops. Or click this https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory

Edited by Slayer-.

7 minutes ago, hoshigami said:

hi DE, your twitch 2.0 is broken. doesnt work. why everything had to be click feast.. pls revert to 1.0 where dropwill be auto inject into game.. i still cant claim it yet.. pls help. thanks

kkkkkkk.jpg

Good to see someone else also runs the standalone Twitch viewer. 👍🏻 

You're lucky I didn't even get that menu it just failed and didn't give it to me, after years of it always working.

Spoiler

Drops you have received are accessed within their corresponding games. Log into the game to experience your new content. You may have a limited time to redeem your Drops, so log in soon after receiving them. You can manage your connections here. Learn more about Drops.

Claimed

There are no items in your inventory yet. Stay tuned for upcoming Drops campaigns.

You could score in-game loot just for watching your favorite channels on Twitch! Learn more.

13 minutes ago, hoshigami said:

hi DE, your twitch 2.0 is broken. doesnt work. why everything had to be click feast.. pls revert to 1.0 where dropwill be auto inject into game.. i still cant claim it yet.. pls help. thanks

kkkkkkk.jpg

i have the very similar problem too. not joking... here

aaa1w.jpg

• Like 1

I watched stream for about 10 minutes, then left it open and went to sleep ('cuz 12am on a workday is really not a good time for streams). Should be fine, Megan specifically said that you can claim drops manually later, right? I would like some clarification on that because drops were working 100% for me before and this new system just broke it. Nothing in my profile and I have no idea what I did wrong except living in a bad timezone.

Account relinked last week of course.

• Like 3

В 12.02.2021 в 20:47, [DE]Megan сказал:

Hello Tenno!

Back in 2017 we launched Warframe Twitch Drops and made continual back-end changes for stability, variety, and overall fixing. Now in 2021 we’re excited to launch Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0 - a more user friendly Drop experience!

A VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Everyone must relink their Twitch Account to their Warframe Account to be eligible for Twitch Drops 2.0. Follow these easy steps below to unlink/relink:

56422bc2a35c73ef5b1942d204540ded.png

1944650c4fbf9423dee1a6d0d0bf7a47.png

What you can expect from Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0:

Upon entering the stream while a drop is active, you’ll be greeted with a chat message at the top of the chat window which can be expanded to see more details about the drop at a glance.

By clicking your Twitch icon in the top right, you’ll see a progression bar depicting how close you are towards claiming the Twitch Drop. Clicking the drop will take you to the Drops main page where a more detailed description of the Warframe Twitch Drop can be read.

Once you have met the Twitch Drop criteria (30 minute watch time, etc) a popup in the chat window will appear for you to manually claim your Drop. 

IF you miss this popup and don’t claim it within chat, you can go into your Twitch Inventory section and it will be waiting there for you to claim: https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory  

You must manually claim the Twitch Drop for it to be delivered.

Once claimed, the Twitch Drop may take 5-10 minutes to be delivered to your linked Warframe account. Once delivered, the familiar face of Teshin will greet you in your in-game Inbox.

That’s it! Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0 will debut this Tuesday, February 16th during our Working From Home Community Stream. 

Thanks!

I didn't get anything on the last review

10 hours ago, (PSN)cdn_JEB said:

Unlinked and relinked 2 days ago... claimed drop but it didn’t show up in game, yet the account names are listed correctly... ps4

I did the same: relinked yesterday, claimed it during the stream and still no drop in game. Checked a few times and it's all correctly linked, on Twitch says is claimed, but nothing on inbox. I'm on Switch.

Edited by (NSW)vanellopeb
Received it at this very moment, at last

Relinked at the start of Stream. Progress bar went 100%, shows on Twitch I claimed it. Have not received it since.

Edit: For people in the same boat logging in and being disappointed not having received their potato. Jump in a mission. Got mine straight after a mission after logging in. 

Edited by ZabaYaga
Received Potato

12 hours ago, Voltage said:

Are artificial viewers really this important?

Yes it is THAT important. Why do Companies do “free offers” ? Attract potential customers and it also made investors happy.

It is also pretty obvious that artificial views put Warframe on top of the twitch featured window to get more exposure.

I used the ios twitch app, and found out, too late, that it does not track progress for the drop campaign while the app is minimized and the screen is being viewed as an overlay of another app. In the previous drop system this was not the case. Is this a know feature of the new drop system? I've contacted twitch support but they are spectacularly unhelpful due to support ticket response automation. If this is an intended feature/issue, you should make it known for those of us who need to multi-task.

Additionally, once the campaign time was done at 5 pm, what progress I did have suddenly got cut in half. This is a non-issue in my current situation; Im just noting it.

Once you've done the link for Drops 2.0 it literally tells you if its successfully connected.
You should see something in your twitch.tv/drops/inventory that looks a little like this:

EDeFpyx.png

However, as far as I can work out you can only be in one active drop campaign at a time, so if you're watching Rust or something you may have issues getting the drop. I can confirm that it took me doing an actual mission after launching before I got my drop yesterday.