Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, IspanoLFW said:

Mine still says claim now, but also... claimed.

https://imgur.com/a/6HZhA7Q

I think DE drops system in-game might have pushed the drops thru for ppl that were eligible for it and at the same time they set the Twitch campaign to end at 2:00pm PST so right when the stream ended the campaign also ended and might have cause a error at the same time? no clue Im just speculating at this point. 

Edited by (XBOX)Dex Xean
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thawfoot said:

Wow.. also 100% and cant claim as it expired. Tbh had no idea i had to mash that button before the end of stream ...rip

I guess it expires really fast

lesson learned DE/Twitch 1 Thawfoot 0

I claimed it over an hour after the stream ended. From the inventory page, never saw or used the prompt in chat.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dex Xean said:

I think DE system might have pushed the drops thru for ppl that were eligible for it and at the same time they set the Twitch campaign to end at 2:00pm PST so right when the stream ended the campaign also ended and might have cause a error at the same time? no clue Im just speculating at this point. 

Could be, mine just swapped to claimed after giving the expired (this campaign has closed) error and being greyed out for the last 47min (refreshing every ~5min). Still in game waiting to see if it ever shows. 

Edited by Genasiana

Unlinked and relinked yesterday, checked the connection.

Watched the stream and clicked claim from inventory. No error message. Twitch tells me I claimed the drop.

Waited a couple of hours, then logged into the game.

No drop.

GG.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Yrkul:

Unlinked and relinked yesterday, checked the connection.

Watched the stream and clicked claim from inventory. No error message. Twitch tells me I claimed the drop.

Waited a couple of hours, then logged into the game.

No drop.

GG.

the same for me and my girlfriend, we tried to claim but didnt worked but showed that we claimed. after more than 1h now no drop received and twitch still shows that we can claim (even it was claimed 2h ago as shown in the profile) and then, when we try to claim (again) a generic error message shows up.

but at the end it didnt worked, as it seems for many more.....

2 hours ago, Genasiana said:

Hey Folks, Just a heads up: The campaign was only active for an hour and the way Twitch Drops works for time based drops is that if you were eligible and had your progress bar fill up you only had until the streamer closed the campaign to claim. So, if you were eligible but didn't smash that claim button until even a minute after the campaign was closed (32min ago as of writing this) then you can no longer claim it. 

This is not true, and the drop does not need to be manually claimed during the drop. The campaign and the actual reward are two different things in Twitch terminology, and you're only eligible for the reward if you are present. It will stay in your inventory indefinitely. This has been covered by both Megan and several others (myself included) in this thread.

Edit: It will stay in your inventory indefinitely and does not need to be manually claimed at all. These aren't time-based drops in Twitch's purview; they are essentially redeemed automatically as long as you watch for the intended amount of time.

Edit 2: Does not need to be manually claimed during the stream; you'll still want to claim the item from your Twitch inventory at some point if you want the item in Warframe.

Edited by FilibusterCrabz
Clarification (x2)
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, FilibusterCrabz said:

This is not true, and the drop does not need to be manually claimed during the drop. The campaign and the actual reward are two different things in Twitch terminology, and you're only eligible for the reward if you are present. It will stay in your inventory indefinitely. This has been covered by both Megan and several others (myself included) in this thread.

I never said the drop has to be manually claimed during the drop. Rather a drop you were eligible for and have the prompt to claim can only be claimed during the active campaign it was associated with. I know they are two different things, I'm choosing my wording very carefully and have been choosing it very carefully because of that very fact. If somehow DE managed to make Twitch Drops change their own operating procedure for drops then that would be a different story, but I have seen nothing to support that claim. Thus I can only go off of the information which Twitch Drops provides in conjunction with seeing what has occurred which directly goes against your "It will stay in your inventory indefinitely" statement. 

I'll link this information again here: The Twitch Drops FAQ states under their Time-Based Drops section. (https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/mission-based-drops?language=en_US#claimtime"Remember, you can only earn progress towards a time-based Drop on one participating channel at a time. You can also check your progress towards Drops within a campaign anytime by viewing the Drops Inventory. When you have reached 100% progress for the active Drop within a campaign, you will receive a claim notification at the bottom of chat. For time-based Drops, if you are unable to claim the Drop in time, you will be able to claim it from the inventory page until the Drops campaign ends.") Since the Campaign for today's stream is listed as Closed this seems to be the obvious answer to quite a few folks' chagrin. 

P.S. I copied this directly from the Twitch Drops FAQ and just noticed this time that it changes the font size, sorry about that. I'm not actually sure how to renormalize it. 

29 minutes ago, FilibusterCrabz said:

Edit: It will stay in your inventory indefinitely and does not need to be manually claimed at all. These aren't time-based drops in Twitch's purview; they are essentially redeemed automatically as long as you watch for the intended amount of time.

So unlike what is bolded in the initial post from [DE]Megan which started this thread we don't need to manually claim these Twitch Drops drops? Can you point out which type of drop they are so I can find the correct information for myself in the Twitch Drops FAQ then? 

Posted this in another thread by mistake, so dumping it in here.

After unlinking and relinking all the links needed and confirming they're linked again, I can say after years of always receiving the Twitch drop this one failed.

Do you have to open the chat window at all while the stream is running?

My stream was running but I wasn't watching it, was running in the background.

I sometimes let the stream run then watch it the next day, I've always done it like this unless it's on at a time I'm actually not sleeping.

EDIT: Adding in my post when I did the link requirements.  

On 2021-02-14 at 12:56 AM, Slayer-. said:

Yeah I just did all the unlinking and relinking time will tell.

I also use the standalone Twitch program installed on my second computer so I don't get the problems that a browser sometimes throws up.

Edited by Slayer-.
  • Like 1

Unlinked and relinked Sunday 2/14 and verified both sides showed connected.  Watched the entirety of todays stream and verified it was showing progress towards earning the orokin reactor and left the stream running to run errands outside the house.  Came back 3 hours later and the progress had stopped at 99% with no option to claim.  Refreshed twitch's drop/inventory page and it doesn't show the orokin reactor at all so no way to claim.  checking drops/campaign does show the reactor but no way to claim.  sadness.  I've previously used drops 2.0 with Black Desert Online and have had zero problems.

I also got the "Claimed" status on Twitch for the "Orokin Reactor Blueprint," but my in-game INBOX is missing the expected Teshin message.

UPDATE: after being in game for 1 mission, as soon as the mission finished, the mail showed up with the drop!

Edited by AshikagaWest
Updating status since drop finally arrived
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Genasiana said:

So unlike what is bolded in the initial post from [DE]Megan which started this thread we don't need to manually claim these Twitch Drops drops? Can you point out which type of drop they are so I can find the correct information for myself in the Twitch Drops FAQ then? 

You do need to manually claim them from Twitch to appear in your Warframe inventory; you do not need to claim it during the campaign. An "unclaimed" drop, according to Megan, just goes straight into your Twitch inventory where it remains indefinitely until claimed.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Evade_Damocles said:

Just received my potato, couldn't even claim it always gave me an error so all i can say is be patient and it will appear at some point and time.

On a side note, what an absolute mess. The old system was way faster and you didnt have to do anything to get the drop...just watch 30mins and you're done.

Yeah.  Sometimes kinks need to be worked out.  Test automation FTW!

Anyway, I'm OK with there being kinks - as long as they can get addressed.

1 hour ago, Genasiana said:

...until the Drops campaign ends

I'm reading through all the support documentation and finding this incredibly difficult to parse due to Twitch's obtuse language, but if this is the case (and the documentation seems to suggest it is) this conflicts with Megan's own statements and if it's not how they intended, the problem is with DE for setting the campaign to end at 5, since you can't watch the stream past when they end it anyway. It's also an awful move on Twitch's part, and I can see why they held off on it. I suspect they have to try and make this look good.

That's all speculation though, because I redeemed my item during the stream, so I don't know how it's actually functioning. There have been a few people who said they deliberately waited and still received it. I'm going to do that for the next few days, as I already have the items. Time will tell, essentially. But either way, Twitch is the one with the awful system and equally poor documentation for it. Hooray for Twitch!

Edited by FilibusterCrabz
I wouldn't want to offend anyone with my profanity so I have used more pleasant words to describe Twitch
  • Like 1