Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, MunsuLight said:

It does sound harder than before .. More inconvenient than before. 

Also, multiples errors at claiming happen.. Trying to change something that was working most of the time, for something just worse sound the Typical DE

More like Twitch, because this is a move on Twitch's part. The old service ends next week. DE held out as long as it could, it seems.

3 minutes ago, Zendadaist said:

Run a quick mission when you log in. That seems to be the trigger for the in-game mail once you've claimed the drop from Twitch.

OK I only have 2 data points so far but that's how it's worked for me and my clanmates for both days thusfar.

You shouldn't have too, the system needs fixing, I'm now not getting the drops where I went years without a problem. NOT HAPPY JAN

I just wish I knew what to do, tried everything so far.

• Like 1

They do have an expiration.  Today I just checked about the orokin reactor from Tuesday.  Today I check and it is gone.  I never claimed it so how come they specifically SAID THEY DO NO EXPIRE means that they expire?

Megan and Rebecca are you both lying to us losers? Come on this is ridiculous.  Thank goodness the reactor isn't that bad but come on and stop saying lies.

Just did another relink and there is no orokin reactor in my inventory.  Hmm that is completely annoying since when we are told all the time that they don't expire then THEY DONT EXPIRE.

Edited by Opetyr
Relinked and still not there
  • Like 1

Il y a 1 heure, Opetyr a dit :

They do have an expiration.  Today I just checked about the orokin reactor from Tuesday.  Today I check and it is gone.  I never claimed it so how come they specifically SAID THEY DO NO EXPIRE means that they expire?

Megan and Rebecca are you both lying to us losers? Come on this is ridiculous.  Thank goodness the reactor isn't that bad but come on and stop saying lies.

Just did another relink and there is no orokin reactor in my inventory.  Hmm that is completely annoying since when we are told all the time that they don't expire then THEY DONT EXPIRE.

That's probably not intended, but yeah, that's a pretty big problem. Seems like claimed and unclaimed drops both expire after a bit over 24h

• Like 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Marianas10:

I've unlinked and relinked as per the above and everything seems fine though I did not get todays drop of the Cadenza blueprint. Anyone else have this issue by chance?

Same here. Everything seems working fine (at least on website) but did not get the drop.

Edited by AWildRonAppears
  • Like 1

On 2021-02-18 at 4:55 AM, JeranTek said:

Just to add some another anecdote to this experience.

Living in UTC+11 is an unfriendly time-zone for the streams. Two of us play from computers near enough to see each other's screens.

Tuesday's drop was 8am Wednesday. I was awake and at my computer, the other user was not but had Twitch open on the Warframe channel.

I clicked on something in the channel and received my Tuesday drop. His screen showed the channel running but I didn't pay attention to it after that. He did not receive the drop.

Wednesday's stream was 2am Thursday. Twitch open on both machines but neither of us was awake to click on anything. No drops received. Twitch was watching whatever channel we got sent to in the raid afterwards.

It appears the stream requires some interaction before it will consider you to be "watching" for the sake of drops, even though the video and sound are playing.

Well, the drops were nice while they lasted. Thanks Twitch :(

My family and I are in similar situation (also in an unfriendly time zone for streams) and I noticed same thing as what you observed.  I unlinked and relinked Twitch and Warframe accounts last weekend. For the Tuesday stream we did the usual. We were afking (we're sleeping!) and next morning we checked and none of us had the potato in the In Progress section of the Twitch Drop page. Pretty sure our account went through the whole stream because in the morning we were in someone else's stream via raid instead of remaining paused on the Warframe Twitch page.

For the Wednesday stream, I was able to stay awake so I decided to do a bit of experiment.  I noticed that I had to click to get the stream started and in the chat section it does mention what was that stream's drop. I could check the progress if I clicked on my profile and looked at the drop section. When progress reach 100%, a pop up said I was able to claim the helmet either right there or in the drops/inventory section.  I chose to claim the helm in the Inventory section. I went to bed. This morning, I logged in but I didn't receive Teshin's email. About an hour later I logged back in again and I got the email and the helmet. I think you probably need to get back to the Orbiter a couple times (either by relogging or by completing a mission) to trigger the in game "email."

Oh, but this wasn't the only thing I experimented. I have two accounts so for the other account I did everything the same except I didn't immediately claim the drop when I was eligible. I wanted to see if we needed to claim the drop before the stream ends or will the loot sit indefinitely until we claim it like Megan said. As of the time I'm writing this reply, 12 hours has past since the end of the stream, and the helm is still in In Progress section of Drops/Inventory page with the button Claim Now still available.  Some people said the eligible drop disappears after 24 hours so I'll wait and see.

From the looks of it, this new drop system won't work for those of us who live in time zones where we can't always catch livestreaming (or people who are in same time zone but can't access the channel for whatever reason) because we need to interact with the page when the stream is live. We can't leave our browser on the channel before we go afk and let stream run automatically. I'll experiment again next week to confirm this particular observation.  Someone down thread mentioned that they were able to get the reward while afking.  I'll do some more tests next week to see if I can get that to work.

EDIT: Eligible but unclaimed drop indeed disappeared from my inventory after 24 hours. I message DE to see if they can clarify this issue whether this is intentional or not. 

Edited by xiaodenden
update
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, xiaodenden said:

My family and I are in similar situation (also in an unfriendly time zone for streams) and I noticed same thing as what you observed.  I unlinked and relinked Twitch and Warframe accounts last weekend. For the Tuesday stream we did the usual. We were afking (we're sleeping!) and next morning we checked and none of us had the potato in the In Progress section of the Twitch Drop page. Pretty sure our account went through the whole stream because in the morning we were in someone else's stream via raid instead of remaining paused on the Warframe Twitch page.

For the Wednesday stream, I was able to stay awake so I decided to do a bit of experiment.  I noticed that I had to click to get the stream started and in the chat section it does mention what was that stream's drop. I could check the progress if I clicked on my profile and looked at the drop section. When progress reach 100%, a pop up said I was able to claim the helmet either right there or in the drops/inventory section.  I chose to claim the helm in the Inventory section. I went to bed. This morning, I logged in but I didn't receive Teshin's email. About an hour later I logged back in again and I got the email and the helmet. I think you probably need to get back to the Orbiter a couple times (either by relogging or by completing a mission) to trigger the in game "email."

Oh, but this wasn't the only thing I experimented. I have two accounts so for the other account I did everything the same except I didn't immediately claim the drop when I was eligible. I wanted to see if we needed to claim the drop before the stream ends or will the loot sit indefinitely until we claim it like Megan said. As of the time I'm writing this reply, 12 hours has past since the end of the stream, and the helm is still in In Progress section of Drops/Inventory page with the button Claim Now still available.  Some people said the eligible drop disappears after 24 hours so I'll wait and see.

From the looks of it, this new drop system won't work for those of us who live in time zones where we can't always catch livestreaming (or people who are in same timezone but can't access the channel for whatever reason) because we need to interact with the page when the stream is live. We can't leave our browser on the channel before we go afk and let stream run automatically. I'll experiment again next week to confirm this particular observation.

have u checked your inbox?
sometimes for me warframe doesnt tell me i have something in my inbox till i open inbox

28 minutes ago, mutazalmatani said:

have u checked your inbox?
sometimes for me warframe doesnt tell me i have something in my inbox till i open inbox

I checked the inbox when I logged in for the first time this morning.  The message wasn't there.  I got a notification the second time logging into the game, and when I looked at the inbox, the message was there.  I've noticed this kind of lag before and I would trigger the appearance of the message by either relogging or doing a mission and get back to the Orbiter.

On 2021-02-12 at 9:57 AM, (PSN)Waklor said:

Does this sound WORSE than the previous setup to anyone else?

On 2021-02-12 at 10:04 AM, Almohadon97 said:

Yes to all

Wow more bs, is more broken now. Worked fine before, doesnt work at all now. Dont fix it if aint broke. Disappointing

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xiaodenden said:

From the looks of it, this new drop system won't work for those of us who live in time zones where we can't always catch livestreaming (or people who are in same timezone but can't access the channel for whatever reason) because we need to interact with the page when the stream is live. We can't leave our browser on the channel before we go afk and let stream run automatically. I'll experiment again next week to confirm this particular observation.

I started Twitch several hours before Wednesday's stream, before sleeping basically. Hit play and it just sits there and "loads" woke up, hours after it ended, claimed the helmet BP just fine.

Note that i've tried this with Chrome and the previous drop system and had it fail on me often. I use the standalone client when I do this now, or use firefox when watching normally.

So you absolutely can still afk watch.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IspanoLFW said:

I started Twitch several hours before Wednesday's stream, before sleeping basically. Hit play and it just sits there and "loads" woke up, hours after it ended, claimed the helmet BP just fine.

What Twitch client are you using? On my machine both stand-alone client and via the web only let me watch previous streams when I open Twitch early. If I leave it on the warframe start screen then it plays the stream but doesn't give me the drop.

• Like 2

I tried with the cadenza helmet to watch stream and not claim it then claim it now after about 20h, it's giving me the most "useful" error ever: "Error occured: drop was not claimed" and I'm stuck with that unclaimed drop there... is this how it's supposed to work or should I have been able to claim it?

I don't really care about this drop in particular, all I care about is being able to leave my PC running for the 2am prime time like I was doing before :(

EDIT: I just got ingame message with the helmet bp, it did actually give it even though it still shows up as "claim now" and it also shows claimed:

wOiaeD0.png

Pass this along to twitch I guess xD

Edited by HunterDigi

11 hours ago, JeranTek said:

What Twitch client are you using? On my machine both stand-alone client and via the web only let me watch previous streams when I open Twitch early. If I leave it on the warframe start screen then it plays the stream but doesn't give me the drop.

I run the Standalone Twitch version I think they mean click on the Chat button to see this below picture view. Then click the play button it then loads until a stream starts.

RemoteStreamPage_1080p_HolidayMonday.jpg

Edit: UPDATE. It now works again using above method. 

Edited by Slayer-.
added

On 2021-02-12 at 11:10 PM, Krankbert said:

Sure, that's why they changed it. Twitch turning off Legacy Drops a week from now is just a coincidence.

Well yes, there is that as well. Sorry not sorry that I pointed out the positive instead of focusing on any negatives (though I don't really see any here).
"Oh, now I can see right away if the drop is working for me or not..... oh how cruddy..... I would much rather wait 30 min to figure out that its not working......"

@[DE]Meganit does seem the Twitch drops will expire if not claimed. I'm not sure what exactly the threshold is, but I checked several times under drops after the stream and my drop was there. I already have the Cadenza helmet so I was specifically testing whether I could get the drop at all since I had it in-game, and if so how long I could keep it unredeemed (e.g. whether I needed to redeem it before I could redeem the next reward, when it would expire, etc.). I don't know when exactly the last time I checked the drop was yesterday, but it was sometime in the evening, EST. I checked just now (1:28PM EST) and the drop is no longer in my inventory; only the reactor I claimed on Monday.

Edited by FilibusterCrabz
  • Like 3

Good morning all,

I set up the Twitch drop 2.0 and got the potato on Tuesday just fine. I tuned into the show on Wednesday but never checked my drop percentage (using Firefox and not the app). Logged in today to claim the Octavia helmet only to find it missing.  I was under the impression there was no time limit on claiming the drop?

Don't tell me that we have to click on our names and drop switch every day while the show is active?

I'll unlink and relink again to make sure it wasn't a mistake on my part, but I'm guessing it disappeared as described by FilibusterCrabz.

Edited by Nombei
  • Like 1

On 2021-02-16 at 9:00 PM, FilibusterCrabz said:

There should be a section called "Drops" if you click your profile picture in the top right, which is what I assume the "Twitch icon" means. A progress bar along with a thumbnail of the item should appear underneath the Drops section without you needing to visit your inventory, at least during the stream itself. It also shows up in chat provided you opened the stream while it was active; otherwise you needed to refresh the page. But the other progress bar should have been visible the whole time.

Thank you for the info. I looked more carefully during the Wednesday stream. When I opened that menu right after the stream started the progress bar wasn't there (no "drops" section at all). When I checked a couple of minutes the bar was there and already filled by a few %, so it just seems like it takes a short time before the bar initializes, hence why I missed it the first time.

As on Tuesday, and like many have reported, it also looks like you need to log into the game then wait a variable amount of time before you get the drop in the mail, but as long as Twitch has acknowledged the claim it does seem to work consistently.

Anyway thanks again @FilibusterCrabz!

• Like 1