Jump to content

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!


Recommended Posts

It does sound harder than before .. More inconvenient than before. 

 

Also, multiples errors at claiming happen.. Trying to change something that was working most of the time, for something just worse sound the Typical DE

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MunsuLight said:

It does sound harder than before .. More inconvenient than before. 

 

Also, multiples errors at claiming happen.. Trying to change something that was working most of the time, for something just worse sound the Typical DE

More like Twitch, because this is a move on Twitch's part. The old service ends next week. DE held out as long as it could, it seems.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Run a quick mission when you log in. That seems to be the trigger for the in-game mail once you've claimed the drop from Twitch.

OK I only have 2 data points so far but that's how it's worked for me and my clanmates for both days thusfar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zendadaist said:

Run a quick mission when you log in. That seems to be the trigger for the in-game mail once you've claimed the drop from Twitch.

OK I only have 2 data points so far but that's how it's worked for me and my clanmates for both days thusfar.

You shouldn't have too, the system needs fixing, I'm now not getting the drops where I went years without a problem. NOT HAPPY JAN

I just wish I knew what to do, tried everything so far.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

They do have an expiration.  Today I just checked about the orokin reactor from Tuesday.  Today I check and it is gone.  I never claimed it so how come they specifically SAID THEY DO NO EXPIRE means that they expire?

 

Megan and Rebecca are you both lying to us losers? Come on this is ridiculous.  Thank goodness the reactor isn't that bad but come on and stop saying lies.

 

Just did another relink and there is no orokin reactor in my inventory.  Hmm that is completely annoying since when we are told all the time that they don't expire then THEY DONT EXPIRE.

Edited by Opetyr
Relinked and still not there
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else cant see connections? If i click on the link, window freezes. I only see twitch logo. I can link and unlink but not remove warframe from my connections. I even reinstalled twitch but nothing. Watched livestreams and see the drops waiting to be claimed but it says need to be linked... 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Il y a 1 heure, Opetyr a dit :

They do have an expiration.  Today I just checked about the orokin reactor from Tuesday.  Today I check and it is gone.  I never claimed it so how come they specifically SAID THEY DO NO EXPIRE means that they expire?

 

Megan and Rebecca are you both lying to us losers? Come on this is ridiculous.  Thank goodness the reactor isn't that bad but come on and stop saying lies.

 

Just did another relink and there is no orokin reactor in my inventory.  Hmm that is completely annoying since when we are told all the time that they don't expire then THEY DONT EXPIRE.

That's probably not intended, but yeah, that's a pretty big problem. Seems like claimed and unclaimed drops both expire after a bit over 24h

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 2 Stunden schrieb Marianas10:

I've unlinked and relinked as per the above and everything seems fine though I did not get todays drop of the Cadenza blueprint. Anyone else have this issue by chance?

Same here. Everything seems working fine (at least on website) but did not get the drop.

 

Edited by AWildRonAppears
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-02-18 at 4:55 AM, JeranTek said:

Just to add some another anecdote to this experience.

Living in UTC+11 is an unfriendly time-zone for the streams. Two of us play from computers near enough to see each other's screens.

Tuesday's drop was 8am Wednesday. I was awake and at my computer, the other user was not but had Twitch open on the Warframe channel.

I clicked on something in the channel and received my Tuesday drop. His screen showed the channel running but I didn't pay attention to it after that. He did not receive the drop.

Wednesday's stream was 2am Thursday. Twitch open on both machines but neither of us was awake to click on anything. No drops received. Twitch was watching whatever channel we got sent to in the raid afterwards.

It appears the stream requires some interaction before it will consider you to be "watching" for the sake of drops, even though the video and sound are playing.

Well, the drops were nice while they lasted. Thanks Twitch :(

My family and I are in similar situation (also in an unfriendly time zone for streams) and I noticed same thing as what you observed.  I unlinked and relinked Twitch and Warframe accounts last weekend. For the Tuesday stream we did the usual. We were afking (we're sleeping!) and next morning we checked and none of us had the potato in the In Progress section of the Twitch Drop page. Pretty sure our account went through the whole stream because in the morning we were in someone else's stream via raid instead of remaining paused on the Warframe Twitch page.

For the Wednesday stream, I was able to stay awake so I decided to do a bit of experiment.  I noticed that I had to click to get the stream started and in the chat section it does mention what was that stream's drop. I could check the progress if I clicked on my profile and looked at the drop section. When progress reach 100%, a pop up said I was able to claim the helmet either right there or in the drops/inventory section.  I chose to claim the helm in the Inventory section. I went to bed. This morning, I logged in but I didn't receive Teshin's email. About an hour later I logged back in again and I got the email and the helmet. I think you probably need to get back to the Orbiter a couple times (either by relogging or by completing a mission) to trigger the in game "email."

Oh, but this wasn't the only thing I experimented. I have two accounts so for the other account I did everything the same except I didn't immediately claim the drop when I was eligible. I wanted to see if we needed to claim the drop before the stream ends or will the loot sit indefinitely until we claim it like Megan said. As of the time I'm writing this reply, 12 hours has past since the end of the stream, and the helm is still in In Progress section of Drops/Inventory page with the button Claim Now still available.  Some people said the eligible drop disappears after 24 hours so I'll wait and see.

From the looks of it, this new drop system won't work for those of us who live in time zones where we can't always catch livestreaming (or people who are in same time zone but can't access the channel for whatever reason) because we need to interact with the page when the stream is live. We can't leave our browser on the channel before we go afk and let stream run automatically. I'll experiment again next week to confirm this particular observation.  Someone down thread mentioned that they were able to get the reward while afking.  I'll do some more tests next week to see if I can get that to work.

EDIT: Eligible but unclaimed drop indeed disappeared from my inventory after 24 hours. I message DE to see if they can clarify this issue whether this is intentional or not. 

 

Edited by xiaodenden
update
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, xiaodenden said:

My family and I are in similar situation (also in an unfriendly time zone for streams) and I noticed same thing as what you observed.  I unlinked and relinked Twitch and Warframe accounts last weekend. For the Tuesday stream we did the usual. We were afking (we're sleeping!) and next morning we checked and none of us had the potato in the In Progress section of the Twitch Drop page. Pretty sure our account went through the whole stream because in the morning we were in someone else's stream via raid instead of remaining paused on the Warframe Twitch page.

For the Wednesday stream, I was able to stay awake so I decided to do a bit of experiment.  I noticed that I had to click to get the stream started and in the chat section it does mention what was that stream's drop. I could check the progress if I clicked on my profile and looked at the drop section. When progress reach 100%, a pop up said I was able to claim the helmet either right there or in the drops/inventory section.  I chose to claim the helm in the Inventory section. I went to bed. This morning, I logged in but I didn't receive Teshin's email. About an hour later I logged back in again and I got the email and the helmet. I think you probably need to get back to the Orbiter a couple times (either by relogging or by completing a mission) to trigger the in game "email."

Oh, but this wasn't the only thing I experimented. I have two accounts so for the other account I did everything the same except I didn't immediately claim the drop when I was eligible. I wanted to see if we needed to claim the drop before the stream ends or will the loot sit indefinitely until we claim it like Megan said. As of the time I'm writing this reply, 12 hours has past since the end of the stream, and the helm is still in In Progress section of Drops/Inventory page with the button Claim Now still available.  Some people said the eligible drop disappears after 24 hours so I'll wait and see.

From the looks of it, this new drop system won't work for those of us who live in time zones where we can't always catch livestreaming (or people who are in same timezone but can't access the channel for whatever reason) because we need to interact with the page when the stream is live. We can't leave our browser on the channel before we go afk and let stream run automatically. I'll experiment again next week to confirm this particular observation.

 

have u checked your inbox?
sometimes for me warframe doesnt tell me i have something in my inbox till i open inbox

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mutazalmatani said:

have u checked your inbox?
sometimes for me warframe doesnt tell me i have something in my inbox till i open inbox

I checked the inbox when I logged in for the first time this morning.  The message wasn't there.  I got a notification the second time logging into the game, and when I looked at the inbox, the message was there.  I've noticed this kind of lag before and I would trigger the appearance of the message by either relogging or doing a mission and get back to the Orbiter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2021-02-12 at 9:57 AM, (PSN)Waklor said:

Does this sound WORSE than the previous setup to anyone else?
 
 
On 2021-02-12 at 10:04 AM, Almohadon97 said:
 
 
Yes to all
 
Wow more bs, is more broken now. Worked fine before, doesnt work at all now. Dont fix it if aint broke. Disappointing
 
 
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, xiaodenden said:

My family and I are in similar situation (also in an unfriendly time zone for streams) and I noticed same thing as what you observed.  I unlinked and relinked Twitch and Warframe accounts last weekend. For the Tuesday stream we did the usual. We were afking (we're sleeping!) and next morning we checked and none of us had the potato in the In Progress section of the Twitch Drop page. Pretty sure our account went through the whole stream because in the morning we were in someone else's stream via raid instead of remaining paused on the Warframe Twitch page.

For the Wednesday stream, I was able to stay awake so I decided to do a bit of experiment.  I noticed that I had to click to get the stream started and in the chat section it does mention what was that stream's drop. I could check the progress if I clicked on my profile and looked at the drop section. When progress reach 100%, a pop up said I was able to claim the helmet either right there or in the drops/inventory section.  I chose to claim the helm in the Inventory section. I went to bed. This morning, I logged in but I didn't receive Teshin's email. About an hour later I logged back in again and I got the email and the helmet. I think you probably need to get back to the Orbiter a couple times (either by relogging or by completing a mission) to trigger the in game "email."

Oh, but this wasn't the only thing I experimented. I have two accounts so for the other account I did everything the same except I didn't immediately claim the drop when I was eligible. I wanted to see if we needed to claim the drop before the stream ends or will the loot sit indefinitely until we claim it like Megan said. As of the time I'm writing this reply, 12 hours has past since the end of the stream, and the helm is still in In Progress section of Drops/Inventory page with the button Claim Now still available.  Some people said the eligible drop disappears after 24 hours so I'll wait and see.

From the looks of it, this new drop system won't work for those of us who live in time zones where we can't always catch livestreaming (or people who are in same timezone but can't access the channel for whatever reason) because we need to interact with the page when the stream is live. We can't leave our browser on the channel before we go afk and let stream run automatically. I'll experiment again next week to confirm this particular observation.

 

I started Twitch several hours before Wednesday's stream, before sleeping basically. Hit play and it just sits there and "loads" woke up, hours after it ended, claimed the helmet BP just fine.

Note that i've tried this with Chrome and the previous drop system and had it fail on me often. I use the standalone client when I do this now, or use firefox when watching normally.

So you absolutely can still afk watch.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IspanoLFW said:

I started Twitch several hours before Wednesday's stream, before sleeping basically. Hit play and it just sits there and "loads" woke up, hours after it ended, claimed the helmet BP just fine.

What Twitch client are you using? On my machine both stand-alone client and via the web only let me watch previous streams when I open Twitch early. If I leave it on the warframe start screen then it plays the stream but doesn't give me the drop.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried with the cadenza helmet to watch stream and not claim it then claim it now after about 20h, it's giving me the most "useful" error ever: "Error occured: drop was not claimed" and I'm stuck with that unclaimed drop there... is this how it's supposed to work or should I have been able to claim it?

I don't really care about this drop in particular, all I care about is being able to leave my PC running for the 2am prime time like I was doing before :(

 

EDIT: I just got ingame message with the helmet bp, it did actually give it even though it still shows up as "claim now" and it also shows claimed:

wOiaeD0.png

 

Pass this along to twitch I guess xD

Edited by HunterDigi
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JeranTek said:

What Twitch client are you using? On my machine both stand-alone client and via the web only let me watch previous streams when I open Twitch early. If I leave it on the warframe start screen then it plays the stream but doesn't give me the drop.

 I run the Standalone Twitch version I think they mean click on the Chat button to see this below picture view. Then click the play button it then loads until a stream starts.

RemoteStreamPage_1080p_HolidayMonday.jpg

Edit: UPDATE. It now works again using above method. 

 

Edited by Slayer-.
added
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-02-12 at 11:10 PM, Krankbert said:

Sure, that's why they changed it. Twitch turning off Legacy Drops a week from now is just a coincidence.

Well yes, there is that as well. Sorry not sorry that I pointed out the positive instead of focusing on any negatives (though I don't really see any here).
"Oh, now I can see right away if the drop is working for me or not..... oh how cruddy..... I would much rather wait 30 min to figure out that its not working......"

Link to post
Share on other sites

@[DE]Meganit does seem the Twitch drops will expire if not claimed. I'm not sure what exactly the threshold is, but I checked several times under drops after the stream and my drop was there. I already have the Cadenza helmet so I was specifically testing whether I could get the drop at all since I had it in-game, and if so how long I could keep it unredeemed (e.g. whether I needed to redeem it before I could redeem the next reward, when it would expire, etc.). I don't know when exactly the last time I checked the drop was yesterday, but it was sometime in the evening, EST. I checked just now (1:28PM EST) and the drop is no longer in my inventory; only the reactor I claimed on Monday.

Edited by FilibusterCrabz
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning all,

I set up the Twitch drop 2.0 and got the potato on Tuesday just fine. I tuned into the show on Wednesday but never checked my drop percentage (using Firefox and not the app). Logged in today to claim the Octavia helmet only to find it missing.  I was under the impression there was no time limit on claiming the drop?

Don't tell me that we have to click on our names and drop switch every day while the show is active?

I'll unlink and relink again to make sure it wasn't a mistake on my part, but I'm guessing it disappeared as described by FilibusterCrabz.

Edited by Nombei
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • [DE]Megan changed the title to Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!
  • [DE]Danielle unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...