Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bounty Leeches

ShadowHunter2.0

On 2021-02-21 at 11:33 AM, DebrisFlow said:

It's already implemented, you click on ESC > leave squad. You will be put in a new instance, alone, and able to extract (or finish the bounty) without loosing your progress or what you already got awarded.  

But I'm in a squad with friends. If I leave a squad, I can't invite people. It always says objective already completed regardless 

On 2021-02-21 at 8:33 AM, DebrisFlow said:

It's already implemented, you click on ESC > leave squad. You will be put in a new instance, alone, and able to extract (or finish the bounty) without loosing your progress or what you already got awarded.  

I think DE needs to do a better job of communicating that "Leave Squad" isn't some kind of mission/failed/host/migration/lose-all-rewards death sentence

(well sometimes it is, the host part) fix that

Then people would be more likely to use it

Don't think this fits under the "Warframes" part of the forum, but that's besides the point.

Leave squad is a solution, but not a fun one.

Current problems:

• As mentioned you wouldn't want to leave the squad if you are in a group with friends
  • If half the squad stands on the extraction it starts to extract everyone
    • This is a big issue since it is counterproductive to openworld design since openworlds encourage long stays, but this feature can force people out of the mission.
  • Leaving the squad as a client is fine, since you just disappear for everyone else
    • Leaving the squad as a host is just horrible, forcing everyone else through a host migration. And everyone knows how unstable that can be.

Often the problem is not that they're leeching, its that they entered the open world, and got put in a squad with you. Then they think "what's going on" and go about their fishing or mining that they wanted to do in the first place. The issue is joining squads in open worlds is not like joining regular missions but DE thinks it is. Best advice I can give you is to either run bounties in "invite only" mode, or just worry about your own entertainment and ignore what others are doing.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, ShadowHunter2.0 said:

The problem is they're just sitting in extraction doing nothing. That's why I want the survival extraction system implemented. I'm fine if they're just there to mine or fish.

Enjoy the good ol' "cooperation". Or don't and go in a private group or solo.

I try and give them a chance to participate. I'll point out they are leaching and see how they respond. Most of the time they make some smart ass comment and I'll ss and report. If they just ignore me I'll go see what they are doing. If they are fishing I'll start shooting in the water to scare fish away. If they are mining I'll get in mech and follow them around and Mausolon/Arquebex spam at whatever they are trying to mine to block their view. In almost every situation I'll try to get to a point in the bounty where they can fail and I'll leave squad trying to force fail the mission on them. In almost every situation I'll report. 

I try to be a nice guy but leeching pisses me off. Since they are wasting my time by not contributing I'll go out of my way to return the favor. If DE made it so that mining/fishing resources were shared with the whole squad I'd have no problem, I hate mining and fishing and they would be contributing. Unfortunately, that's not how it works. 

40 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

If they are fishing I'll start shooting in the water to scare fish away. If they are mining I'll get in mech and follow them around and Mausolon/Arquebex spam at whatever they are trying to mine to block their view.

I'm, uh, pretty sure that fits the criteria for griefing. Which if I had to guess not participating in bounties does not.

Just now, Kraethius said:

I'm, uh, pretty sure that fits the criteria for griefing. Which if I had to guess not participating in bounties does not.

It's premeditated griefing. They went out of their way to start a mission with the intent of contributing nothing to the squad while receiving bounty rewards they did not earn. If they wanted to go mining or fishing they could have just entered the open world and done so. 

I'm not saying I'm totally in the right and I'm not acting immature but if they want to waste my time I'm going to make it as difficult as possible for them. 

2 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

I try and give them a chance to participate. I'll point out they are leaching and see how they respond. Most of the time they make some smart ass comment and I'll ss and report. If they just ignore me I'll go see what they are doing. If they are fishing I'll start shooting in the water to scare fish away. If they are mining I'll get in mech and follow them around and Mausolon/Arquebex spam at whatever they are trying to mine to block their view. In almost every situation I'll try to get to a point in the bounty where they can fail and I'll leave squad trying to force fail the mission on them. In almost every situation I'll report. 

I try to be a nice guy but leeching pisses me off. Since they are wasting my time by not contributing I'll go out of my way to return the favor. If DE made it so that mining/fishing resources were shared with the whole squad I'd have no problem, I hate mining and fishing and they would be contributing. Unfortunately, that's not how it works. 

Be aware:

that Fish Spawn Instances, are separated for each player

meaning, even though you see fish being scared away by your shots, this has no effect on the fish that the other player sees. it is not possible to interact with other players' instances of fish.

similarly, standing in the path of a mining beam does not interrupt it. and the HUD with the slider bar minigame stays visible overlayed over whatever you're doing.

Lastly, blame DE for putting out the two Nighwaves Bounties: "mine rare gems in orb vallis" and "complete 5 orb valllis bounties" at the same time. It should be a no brainer to the people upstairs, that that NW combo is just begging people to leech and get both done at once.

On 2021-02-28 at 2:15 AM, ShadowHunter2.0 said:

But I'm in a squad with friends. If I leave a squad, I can't invite people. It always says objective already completed regardless 

Have you thought of maybe changing your mode to "friends/invite only" and just doing bounties with your friends or doing it solo? It's faster solo anyway.

4 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

This is why I switch teleport fishing leechers into the water

If someone is clearly not even trying to participate in the mission, then you can report them for Harassment (griefing/AFK fall under this tag).

However, before you do that, I urge you to be positive. If they just stopped because they saw some mining and then they catch up, that's different than them literally fishing the whole time or just waiting at the entrance.

Archived