Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Open World Economies

So, open worlds. We got a shiny new one called Deimos, tons of improvements upon the other open worlds, specifically in the economy.
On Deimos you're not capped to how much you can grind per day, because as opposed to being directly given standing for doing bounties like in Fortuna and Cetus, you're instead given tokens which can in turn be exchanged for standing at any time you wish. This helps to alleviate an issue with burnout, where you're forcing players to go back every single day to repeat the same content over and over. Another issue is that the decorations and such in Cetus directly cost a butt load of standing, up to 100k standing per single decoration, even for MR30 players this takes over three days to obtain a single decoration. In Fortuna and Deimos however thankfully the decorations cost debt bonds/tokens, so you're not limited to how many decorations you can grind per week. The Cetus economy is incredibly outdated, Fortuna is outdated as well but not to the same degree, the debt bonds already exist. All that needs to be done is debt bonds get removed from bounty drop tables and the standing you get per bounty stage is instead converted to debt bonds/another form of token economy for Cetus, and then decorations from all open world factions should be converted to requiring some form of item to exchange for them, as opposed to standing. Onkko could instead trade you decorations in exchange for Sentient Shards (which have a single use) yet you end up stacking tons from doing Eidolons and they sit there with no use, yet the decorations still cost 50-100k standing (2-3 days of grind).

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Maggy said:

Yes, for 50k and 100k standing per piece...

Hey man have you priced Safron these days? God knows what's in those baskets.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I just wish I could pay for it with the enormous pile of sentient shards I have, instead I have to just drown Cetus in fish instead.

Sentient Shards should be used for the decorations and such from Onkko, and then it should require some miscellaneous resources from the Plains for the regular Ostron decorations in my opinion, or the tokens that should be added could be used as well, similar to how it is in Deimos and Fortuna.

4 minutes ago, Maggy said:

Sentient Shards should be used for the decorations and such from Onkko, and then it should require some miscellaneous resources from the Plains for the regular Ostron decorations in my opinion, or the tokens that should be added could be used as well, similar to how it is in Deimos and Fortuna.

As long as it's not breaths of the eidolon I don't mind.

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

NO! I wanna buy it from its actual vendor.

Yeah, would be pretty awesome if we could!

11 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

if I could buy breath of the eidolon from onkko, i would be so happy

I honestly wouldn't mind at all...

unknown.png

Problem with open worlds is because of no new things being added into the Venders inventory apart from Glyphs awhile back, the currency just becomes useless and no one goes there except to do Nightwave or Riven challenge.

Got a few Shards from POE Hunts and Veil Anomalies I have no real use for them anymore.

I tried to get them so we could use them in the Helminth system but that was a flop.

Here is an old picture of my idea.

Spoiler

kpYA9GU.png

p.s I only have 337 BOE, so yeah lot of Bounties. @Maggy lol

I agree necralisk economy > cetus economy.

And i don't understand why warframe can't just do what every other games do: simply add new items to the shop.

Instead they had to try reinvent the wheel and solve world hunger with every updates. Build a giant spaceship for a collosal space combat, resurrect ancient mech technology to fight a new breed of sentients. Assemble hoverboards and live your back to the future fantasies...

Why not just put new orokin table or lamp on grandmother's shop? My entrati coins are desperately collecting dust here...

Edited by Soy77

You're not capped with Cetus either and you can still bank standing so long as you're not the type to refuse to partake in fishing/mining. Which are already faster for standing than doing bounties to begin with. If anything they could just add some extra standing turn-in from their bounties (x standing tokens based on bounty tier) but making all of the open world economies function exactly like Deimos only serves to make them all literal clones of each other.

Only thing here I can really agree with is how overpriced decorations are from Cetus. Having a use for the standing after being done is good and all but several days for capping for one decoration certainty is excessive.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, trst said:

making all of the open world economies function exactly like Deimos only serves to make them all literal clones of each other.

Aren't they already?

Don't get me wrong I appreciate the effort taken to have different looks and they all are different in their own right, but they are still effectively the same as mechanics going for them.

Cetua does need a change to its mechanics (including economics) , so does fortuna.

8 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Aren't they already?

Don't get me wrong I appreciate the effort taken to have different looks and they all are different in their own right, but they are still effectively the same as mechanics going for them.

Cetua does need a change to its mechanics (including economics) , so does fortuna.

They still each have differences between them and instead of making them even more similar they should be given mechanics that make them different. Why make an already long standing issue even worse?

Any Improvements they can get should be unique to each world.  Like improving the access and quantity of standing of Solaris prisoners on Corpus ships and/or adding debt bonds as resource drops on those tiles. While giving Cetus something completely different from the other two worlds.

4 minutes ago, trst said:

They still each have differences between them and instead of making them even more similar they should be given mechanics that make them different. Why make an already long standing issue even worse?

Any Improvements they can get should be unique to each world.  Like improving the access and quantity of standing of Solaris prisoners on Corpus ships and/or adding debt bonds as resource drops on those tiles. While giving Cetus something completely different from the other two worlds.

They should all have unique things, which would be like Eidolons and Orbs. Potentially some other unique parts, but the economies should be similar because the token economy functions well and should be a standard for open world economies in Warframe.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You've done too many bounties lol. I can't imagine why you would do so many.

I'm not sure about the person you quoted, but crafting Arcanes was the reason I did so many. :(

to everyone complaining about the price of decorations, they're designed that way to be a standing sink: if you want the decoration and aren't afraid of grinding again, the price is fine. it gives people something to work towards, and the thing itself is completely optional.

Cetus Economy was the first, and DE still had (and maybe still has) a lot to learn about how the economy should be balanced. one could argue they should have retroactively added a token system to Cetus, but this would have meant time taken away from other, more current developments. maybe in the future DE will start revisiting the older open worlds (I hope so, Orb #3 has been drowning for several years straight.)

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

to everyone complaining about the price of decorations, they're designed that way to be a standing sink: if you want the decoration and aren't afraid of grinding again, the price is fine. it gives people something to work towards, and the thing itself is completely optional.

Cetus Economy was the first, and DE still had (and maybe still has) a lot to learn about how the economy should be balanced. one could argue they should have retroactively added a token system to Cetus, but this would have meant time taken away from other, more current developments. maybe in the future DE will start revisiting the older open worlds (I hope so, Orb #3 has been drowning for several years straight.)

The price is not fine at all... 100k standing for a single decoration? Deimos and Fortuna decorations only cost their corresponding economies tokens (tokens for Deimos, debt bonds for Fortuna) Cetus needs a similar balancing structure, because as is, any attempts at collecting decorations directly takes away from what you're able to spend on actually useful things that affect gameplay, such as crafting Zaws/Kitguns or buying Arcanes.
Yeah it would take some time away (as all bugfixes and such do) but it's a glaring issue with the way things are currently balanced, it's been years and is seriously in need of some love. You're free to think 100k standing for a single decoration is balanced, but it's incredibly S#&$ty balancing with lots of oversight, which they clearly corrected in the future open worlds, they just failed to go back and spend a bit balancing Cetus which is incredibly disappointing.

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

I'm not sure about the person you quoted, but crafting Arcanes was the reason I did so many. :(

I crafted all the arcanes, got all the ones for cosmetics and then left it at that lol. Tbh most of mine were because RNG took a dump on me and it took 52 runs of bounty 5 to get Revenant Neuroptics...

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy