Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your issues with warframe?

GrazzHopper

Well the nature of that problem is a little more complicated than just some dude owning a meta build.
An example would be Mesa 4 owning a room of enemies before you can even understand what happened.
A lot of nerfs would have to happen. And therefore it won't happen.

6 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

have to play in a way you hate because the way you love isn't viable

It's honestly so annoying how some weapons in base form are quite powerful just slap on a few mods and catalyst, then there's a good amount of weapons available that only become viable after 2 forma, a catalyst and maxed out mods.

Example: It's baffling how my Dread needs to have some good/multishot crit mods to be properly effective against level 60-70 enemies but my acceltra melted through enemies up to lvl 50 with just a few elementals and max serration at level 15

Bugs,broken features,broken game mechanics and everything else that can be broken has been broken
This update totally obliterated my fps and sent me back to lagville,despite having a more than competent pc
Many bugs have been in the game for months/years with constant threads,old ones are bumped and even new ones are made
Broken features may be acceptable to a limit,but enemies not spawning in an exterminate,the door not opening in a RJ mission just waste your time for nothing
Also the negative plat concept,if someone else reverses a purchase,why is a player who got the item with his own grinding and time punished for a scammer?
Broken drop tables,the farm for some warframes is absurd,the nidus farm imo is either bugged or rigged as you either get nothing in weeks or get the whole set in 3 runs. Protea is a totally diffrent story as you also need the enemies to spawn in sufficient quantity while having rng deciding whether you will get it or not (mostly not)
Resource grind for a few weapons and frames is unreasonable like the sibear or vauban prime (30k cryotic and 7k oxium respectively)
Weird small things in your way which always stop you,it happens so often that i feel like someone put them there just to annoy others and had a good laugh 
Overhyping the players,still waiting on the duviri paradox,while they casually drop a new open world for tennocon without any indication,a surprise sure,but then why not show that instead of something which is still in the making?
Value for cosmetics,they are just overvalued without having any actual functional role
Outdated "boss battles" the seargent,vay hek(why is this fool still taking my disk space?),lt krill,sargus ruk,phorid,etc
Standing cap on literally everything,regular syndicate cap is ok,but it  basically doesnt exist in the necralsik,but in fortuna and cetus,it is very annoying

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

It's honestly so annoying how some weapons in base form are quite powerful just slap on a few mods and catalyst, then there's a good amount of weapons available that only become viable after 2 forma, a catalyst and maxed out mods.

Example: It's baffling how my Dread needs to have some good/multishot crit mods to be properly effective against level 60-70 enemies but my acceltra melted through enemies up to lvl 50 with just a few elementals and max serration at level 15

One is a bow that needs to be drawn back, and is single target, the other is an assault rifle with explosive rounds. What did  you expect? They'll never be the same. And the acceltra user has to mod for vigilante supplies or they won't get to use the acceltra for long. They also will be subject to knockdowns if they misfire.

And fyi, level 70 enemies are absolutely nothing. If you put a speed trigger in your dread you can fire faster into a group of enemies.

15 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

This argument doesn't hold water, since meta builds absolutely control how other people play the game.

If you want to be a cool space ninja with a bow and arrow, you can't run a pub because other people have Meta builds and leave you no enemies to Legolas it up on. And DE frequently designs new content for Meta builds too, so you get stuck in old content and have to play in a way you hate because the way you love isn't viable. And this isn't just chalked up to progression, either, because sure an individual weapon is going to get grown out of. But a weapon does not a playstyle make.

Things need to be in a level playing field with each other. 

Invite-only, solo, recruit, and clans. 

Just now, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

That side of things I don't necessarily mind (within reason).

I more mean how a Limbo or Saryn can basically invalidate the challenge or threat of a defence mission. If you don't want to run around the edges of the map picking up scraps then... well, there's nothing you can do, other than Abort and either go solo, with a premade, or just pray.

I also mean how Melee weapons are the only really decent way of dealing with the Steel Path due to their access to mod bonuses that no other weapon class can dream of accessing (seriously. Scaling mod builds can get up to 760% crit chance whilst heavy attacks can get up 550%, off individual mods)

2 minutes ago, AsrarPrime said:

Bugs,broken features,broken game mechanics and everything else that can be broken has been broken
This update totally obliterated my fps and sent me back to lagville,despite having a more than competent pc
Many bugs have been in the game for months/years with constant threads,old ones are bumped and even new ones are made
Broken features may be acceptable to a limit,but enemies not spawning in an exterminate,the door not opening in a RJ mission just waste your time for nothing
Also the negative plat concept,if someone else reverses a purchase,why is a player who got the item with his own grinding and time punished for a scammer?
Broken drop tables,the farm for some warframes is absurd,the nidus farm imo is either bugged or rigged as you either get nothing in weeks or get the whole set in 3 runs. Protea is a totally diffrent story as you also need the enemies to spawn in sufficient quantity while having rng deciding whether you will get it or not (mostly not)
Resource grind for a few weapons and frames is unreasonable like the sibear or vauban prime (30k cryotic and 7k oxium respectively)
Weird small things in your way which always stop you,it happens so often that i feel like someone put them there just to annoy others and had a good laugh 
Overhyping the players,still waiting on the duviri paradox,while they casually drop a new open world for tennocon without any indication,a surprise sure,but then why not show that instead of something which is still in the making?
Value for cosmetics,they are just overvalued without having any actual functional role
Outdated "boss battles" the seargent,vay hek,lt krill,sargus ruk,phorid,etc
Standing cap on literally everything,regular syndicate cap is ok,but it  basically doesnt exist in the necralsik,but in fortuna and cetus,it is very annoying

This is a really good one. I agree with the bosses especially, like... The Sergeant was insanely easy for me when I first fought him. He honestly seems like a regular Corpus just with more ego than usual. Plus they realllyyy need to fix the Warframe rng, I could understand the rng in the past but now with almost 50 warframes it really shouldn't take a month to get Ivara or months to get Ash when their primes(better versions!) can be traded with some farmed plat easy peasy. The rng for the warframes parts could be understandable if there wasn't such a big variety of new warframes compared to 5 years ago. A new player could play this for two years and barely be be close to getting all the frames, they'd probably have a good amount of the primes rather than the originals. Plus with new frames coming out every 2-5 months it seems like the rng needs to be fixed even more urgently.

15 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

This argument doesn't hold water, since meta builds absolutely control how other people play the game.

If you want to be a cool space ninja with a bow and arrow, you can't run a pub because other people have Meta builds and leave you no enemies to Legolas it up on. And DE frequently designs new content for Meta builds too, so you get stuck in old content and have to play in a way you hate because the way you love isn't viable. And this isn't just chalked up to progression, either, because sure an individual weapon is going to get grown out of. But a weapon does not a playstyle make.

Things need to be in a level playing field with each other. 

The only 'need' is the that of a portion of the player base that thinks 'all weapons should be good in all cases' IMO/IME, which is simply a bad idea.

This is not a team vs team MOBA.

You have choices in your teams. If you don't like running with players that have meta builds, don't. No one is making you do anything except you.

Other people only have control over your gaming time if you give that control to them.

The players have persona agency, use it.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

They also will be subject to knockdowns if they misfire.

And fyi, level 70 enemies are absolutely nothing. If you put a speed trigger in your dread you can fire faster into a group of enemies.

Acceltra literally has a function so you don't get knocked down unless somehow your bullet decides he hates you and turns around, plus I was using level 70 as an example for base weaponry. Not only that but ammo can be found very easy, I run out occasionly for my acceltra but i'm usually back to full stock about killing around 7 enemies.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Why don't players who want an easy power fantasy experience just go invite-only, soloe, recruit and clans for the types of play they want?

Because they like PuGs?

Because they don't know better?

Because they want to show off power and lead the score cards?

Any number of reasons.

Why do you think they should change their habits to please you, when you can change your own habits and avoid them?

1 minute ago, Sazero said:

Well, I think it's unreasonable to want Lato to perform the same as Euphona Prime.
However I think the game could still use a total balance overhaul.

This part is fair, to be sure. Warframe is a looter shooter, so there needs to be some reason to chase more loot.

However, there's two other issues. For one, unlike most other games in the Genre, Warframe doesn't use 'archetypes' - usually weapons are billed as something more like a more traditional new weapon, in that they're an expansion to the Sandbox. For example, if you want a double-barrel shotgun, your option is the Tigris Series. Theres not a whole archetype with different stats, which means weapons aren't as replaceable. So whilst the Lato, the weapon you pick up at the very start of the game, is unreasonable to be an end-game tier weapon, it's not unreasonable to want A Lato that performs at that level, since you enjoy that weapon's playstyle.

The other is that, in a game where the number of missions which aren't hordes of chaff enemies with no priority targets that can't be adequately dealt with by chaff-clearing AoE weapons, there's really no space for single-target weapons like that.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

I do, but you can't control 50k players on the internet. I'm soloing a Hydrolyst right now.

They can control what other people play all they want though. If somebody running Saryn says 'we're nuking this tileset', you don't get to say no.

I agree with you, to a degree.
Warframe absolutely uses archetypes for weapons. Although not every archetype is represented equally. And there are some unique weapons mixed in. Once you've used Soma, you've used Supra, Quellor, Boltor, Tenora, etc.
The same for Dread and Paris and every other bow weapon that isn't unique, like The Lenz or Proboscopis Cernos.

And then there are other weapons that are semi unique like Phage, which have a higher tier version with Panthera Prime with it's secondary fire.

And finally completely unique weapons like The Pox, which are horribly outdated in a viablility sense and probably used by no one.

7 minutes ago, Sazero said:

I agree with you, to a degree.
Warframe absolutely uses archetypes for weapons. Although not every archetype is represented equally. And there are some unique weapons mixed in. Once you've used Soma, you've used Supra, Quellor, Boltor, Tenora, etc.
The same for Dread and Paris and every other bow weapon that isn't unique, like The Lenz or Proboscopis Cernos.

And then there are other weapons that are semi unique like Phage, which have a higher tier version with Panthera Prime with it's secondary fire.

And finally completely unique weapons like The Pox, which are horribly outdated in a viablility sense and probably used by no one.

Oh you just reminded me to try Pox with Primed fulmination.

Just now, Sazero said:

You know what I mean. If you could roll a blue shotgun and a purple shotgun with the same perks in Destiny, they'd be the exact same gun. Outside a couple exceptions, they perform pretty identically. Even a lot of Exotics fall into this category

Whilst the guns like Soma, Supra, Quellor etc are all pretty similar, they all have different quirks and base stats. Supra has its wind-up and fires projectiles like the Boltor (which is really more of a regular assault rifle, not a high-capacity LMG) not hitscan, Quellor has its shotgun alt-fire whilst Tenora's more of a Pseudosniper, and Soma

uh

Ok, yeah, Soma's just an archetypical LMG/Assault Rifle, whatever.

Another good example is the Tigris and the Exergis which (at least when the Exergis was released) were both high-tier shotguns that could be considered 'Super Shotguns', if you went with DOOM terminology. But Tigris had a longer reload with two shots, and much higher single-target damage, whilst the Exergis had longer range and punch-through. So, ultimately, the Tigris behaved very much like a heavy-mob killer, whilst the Exergis trended towards playing like more of a 'trench gun' that excelled against tight-knit groups of enemies. Similar weapons, but ultimately had slightly different playstyles. 

52 minutes ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

Acceltra literally has a function so you don't get knocked down unless somehow your bullet decides he hates you and turns around, plus I was using level 70 as an example for base weaponry. Not only that but ammo can be found very easy, I run out occasionly for my acceltra but i'm usually back to full stock about killing around 7 enemies.

Some prefer to just never run out.

Yeah I've played Diablo. I'm not foreign to the idea of a stat sticks.
I don't feel the minutiae of the various quirks that some of the weapons have really sets them apart in a significant way though.
I'd say the quirks would need to have a significant impact on performance to really call the weapon "new"

And I remember Tigris Prime in its... prime. That thing could function like a long range sniper rifle, how that was a shotgun is beyond me. It had ridiculous accuracy for a shotgun, and if the Exergis had longer range than that, it wouldn't make a difference to me because I wouldn't even be able to see the mobs it could hit. I think I benched Exergis exactly because Tigris Prime was just overwhelmingly good at what it did at the time that I thought "why bother figuring Exergis out?"

4 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Balancing issues standing in the way of satisfying content.

Most missions can be boiled down to 'Nuke/CC everything', and neither the numerous player power issues or the limited approach to DE has to enemy design is really helping matters.

That pretty much covers it, yup.

I'd give a suggestion to DE. Balls to the wall, face the music, make the changes needed and build a flood gate for the salt. Vast changes need to happen at somepoint, sooner is better than later, or in this case later is better than even later.

Archived