Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your issues with warframe?

GrazzHopper

18 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Balancing issues standing in the way of satisfying content.

Most missions can be boiled down to 'Nuke/CC everything', and neither the numerous player power issues or the limited approach to DE has to enemy design is really helping matters.

Agreed, Game modes are outdated and should be looked at to make the game more engaging and more skill based perhaps.

17 hours ago, (XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobi said:

I love this game but my only gripe is the islands in game. New content comes out, you grind it out, then within a couple of weeks there's very little reason to go back to it.

There ae many missions to go do, but there is no reason to go do them, they are just re skins of the same game modes on different planets and tile sets, no challenge, no reward, and most of the tile sets aren't even pretty to look at.

17 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Riven Mods having a ridiculous multi layer RNG system attached to it. Yes, Riven Mods do work on super charging off meta weapons but the RNG is turning people away and making people flock to the meta rivens because they do not want to waste their time spinning the wheel hopefully for it to land on something usable.

Rivens are a whole Issue, I believe the cons out weigh the pros at this point, but they have been in the game so long they cannot simply be removed especially with how much plat people have used on them. most people suggest a stat lock feature for them but that would be too powerful for the meta weapons, the simplest way to fix these is to go back and rework the "bad" weapons to make them more user friendly. that is quite the balancing act though. Rivens are an outdated feature and changing them will make people angry no mater what so working around them may be the best option. 

17 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

blue text huh? well it's better than that grey text people sometimes use, with zero thought for Dark Theme users.

pretty much the usual things: game balance being jank AF, Rivens ruining trade economy and weapon variety, that sort of stuff. everything else is more or less fine.

Blue is my favorite color after all, and I happen to be a dark user, I agree with the issues you have but I would also add the content islands to the bunch.
Weapon variety is a good one, for a si-fi game there sure aren't a lot of sci-fi weapons, they backed them selves into a corner making corpus the only type of sifi weapon using faction ... I'm tired of same old boring gun that uses boring normal bullets, give me some more lazers, plasma cannons, gravity hammers, etc. paradoxically id also love some European melee styled weapons like an actual Excalibur or a halberd, real scythe( not the short ones they have) or maybe even an actual battle axe melee stance. Weapon verity is key for me.

18 hours ago, Cloud said:

My only problem with Warframe is that I think I reached a natural point of burnout.

The only missions I have left are sorties, fissures to get prime parts and some lich to do to cap damage bonus on all my weapons. 

Now the problem with lich and fissures is they are not fun. They feel like a chore. Fissures especially, the only fun about them is trying to min-max the rush, and "how efficient you can be" (as a good 90% of wf content). Liches are not bad if you farm for the weapon, but once you reach the point you need to kill them multiple time to reach the 60% damage bonus, the idea of farming hours for a 5-7% damage increase really kills all the enthusiasm.

Meanwhile sorties (not quick mission) are the only missions which balance more or less properly the reward x time investment while giving some degree of fun. I get to use some build, but I'm forced to play it alone if I ever want to try something less efficient and more challenging/fun or else I end up doing a walk simulator.

Moreover nothing really changes in how we play, the combat mechanics grown old while frames and weapon even if in big number fail to provide enough variety and differences in gameplay styles (partially because nothing really pushes you to change your approach to a fight) . I enjoyed the mechs because they added a new approach to combat but still they are not necessary, neither some enemy, event or situation requires them even a bit, they are just some sort of minigame or 2nd frame choice (which surely enlarge our possibilities but waste their potential).

I don't know, the last time I had fun playing warframe was with Deimos release. I was always able to do the "usual activities" in the meanwhile of big updates, but nowadays it's always harder to open Warframe to basically do "a second job" (farm prime parts, sell prime parts, farm riven, roll them, sell them and so on) especially considering the fact that my free time is not big as it was before and there are a lot of other games waiting to be played with real content in it. So yea, I'm becoming a big update casual player... 

Fissure missions definitely feel as if they have been tacked on to the game after they removed the key system, I only need to do fissure missions for about  two weeks every 90 days, I'm not even interested in min maxing them,  the prime market is also saturated because farming for primes is extremally easy because of the fissure system.

Liches should not be something that you go grind for, it should be something that happens to you no matter where you go... doing steel path on a node your lich controls? thralls should spawn there and so should your lich.. a passive goal with the option to hunt them specifically. 

Warframe doesn't bother me, certain player types do. 

- Vets who complain about "nothing to do" after playing for 1000s of hours is annoying as hell...and I've clocked in over 1,500 hours myself. The game has DONE ITS JOB if you've played for that long. Kick back for a while until enough "Warframe 2" levels of content arrive, then jump back in (without going to youtube to instantly spoil everything) and have a blast discovering all of the new stuff. DE owes you absolutely nothing if you've clocked that much time in. Shut up and play or don't.

- New players that overly lie about not knowing how to mod or do things. This isn't 2016 where that point was valid enough. You're directed to the codex and it literally explains the basics of how to play...like a regular manual. The arsenal stats explain all of your powers and upgrades. The starchart tells you where you can go. Deceivingly asking for handouts by pretending the old "the game doesn't tell you everything" narrative still exists is weak. 

- Players who talk about balance are just weird to me. This game has survived for this long, and while growing, by following a balance model. We play the game because we can destroy in the greatest ways in gaming history. ANYTHING that slows down the pace of the game, the stealth of the game or the precision of the game would not keep the Warframe magic. While some arguments are worth the listen, MOST are not...which is exactly why DE hasn't "balanced" the game yet.

- The endgame players need to stop. Look, if meta is 99% the way to get through steel path, then congrats, there's your endgame...aka, the place where ONLY THE BEST LOADOUTS CAN SURVIVE. 

- Challenge and difficulty guys...aka the "it needs to be like slow @$$ Dark Souls". It doesn't work in Warframe and apparently bullet sponges, time gates, invincibilty phases and most elements games use are not allowed in the quest for more challenge and difficulty. And, no, most solutions I've read won't work because only 60 players want challenge in the first place.

Alright, everything and everyone else is cool.

18 hours ago, Sazero said:

My main issue is DE punishing clever players and them putting a limit on how succesful you can be.
The way they design their game is for you to waste your time, which, yeah I get it, I'm playing a game.
But I'd rather meaningfully waste my time, you know? They don't respect their player's time, is what I'm saying.

I get that completely. 

17 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

i miss cetus, i miss their characters and the atmosphere in that place, i wish we would have more content in Older maps.

i also wonder where's the third orb? why is still sleeping on that lake? 

DE has a knack for abandoning older content. which makes me extremely sad

Yes, DE seems to have an issue with commitment. the open worlds, conclave, nightwave, liches, etc they seem to add the "BIG NEW FEATURE" then ignore it when the next thing comes along. stacking pile on top of pile while the foundations are breaking. I would prefer them to update and fix what is already in the game before adding anything crazy or new that keeps our attention for a month or two.

Well in regards to balance of the game.
I think it can be most simply be explained like this

Imagine you're playing Doom.
You have your health and your armor. You need to not get hit or you die and the game is over.
In order to not die you have weapons to kill enemies and the value of these weapons lie in their capacity to kill.
You are limited in how often you can use certain weapons by ammo, therefore there are situations you might choose to
make harder on yourself by using a weaker weapon, so later situations are easier as you have saved ammo for a stronger weapon.
This is a game

Now imagine you're playing Doom but with cheatcodes on.
You have infinite health and infinite ammo.
You cannot lose. This is not a game, but an interactive movie.
----

I'm sure you can infer which of these two examples I think warframe falls into.
And I understand that there are people who enjoy either the former (me) or the latter or even both.
This is just an example. Warframe is a different and more complicated game than Doom.

17 hours ago, (PSN)Silver1593 said:

I started playing warframe when the sacrifice come ouf on console and still wajting for the new war , and the weapon nerfing is very bad too , its really to hard to find a strong , enjoyable weapon . My favourite weapon was the bramma but after the nerfs they ruined for me . Now i try to not love popular weapons because if they nerf that weapon i lost my time , formas

Brammas nerf did not make the weapon bad, it is still good and preforms, if you actually liked it you would still be using it, you are after a broken weapon. and I do not believe your forma and time were waisted, you still needed to put 5 forma in it to max it, so you probably lost 1-2 forma but I don't see a reason to forma it past 5. When catchmoon got its nerf back in 2018 I didn't stop using it because it was less powerful than it once was, I still use it to this day because I like the weapon.

Personally I wouldn't be opposed to DE ripping Rivens out of the game, even if it means ripping out skin, veins and muscles out.
Just put out a date where it dies, refund the credits/endo that's been put into them and the plat you spent on riven slots.
Then we no longer have to worry about it.

Alternatively revamp rivens so they aren't randomly rolled, but they become customizable mods.

Just the RNG on RNG on RNG is too much.

The lack of direction is one of my biggest gripes with the game.

Warframe never was one for "tags" but at the same time it tries to be tagged as everything , wide as an ocean and deep as a puddle,with ocassional sink holes , as many say.

Wish they focused to complete one thing so it feels " finished".

I enjoyed my many years playing the game , but eventually I hit a point where there was no more meaningful progression , and I can't really say I finished it either cause there is always a new update.

I am reminded of the last episodes of "the good place" , once you have all your power fantasy met everything starts to get dull and you start to forget the things that you enjoyed. 

A big "The end , thanks for playing " is probably what I want now.

vor 21 Stunden schrieb GrazzHopper:

Hello! I'm making this post to ask the community what their issues with warframe are, just to get some more perspectives! 
Please say what bothers you about warframe in its current state.

Complaining players. The game itself - even if it has some minor flaws - is fine and enjoyable (at least for me).

9 minutes ago, cliffghost said:

Complaining players. The game itself - even if it has some minor flaws - is fine and enjoyable (at least for me).

Than this conversation is not for you, It is in the players right to add constructive criticism to a game especially if they have a significant time investment in said game.
If this is what you mean by "complaining" if not I apologize for assuming. 

Balance is the main issue for me. The system and math behind it just isn't tight enough.

Yes, the game is power fantasy, and this is what it should remain, but too often in these discussions the vast middle-ground between the current state of WF and Dark Souls is excluded. A game can be a power fantasy and still offer a challenge, or at least engage you enough to make you pay attention.

Actually, for a fair amount of game-time Warframe delivered just that.

But, yes, then comes the point the system breaks down and I can mod just about any frame to be functionally untouchable (except perhaps Inaros if you go more than 3 hours deep in endurance) and my melee weapons ramp up to damage outputs which delete _anything_, even max level SP enemies, in the blink of an eye. Ok, missions involving objectives other than killing? Sure, not every frame can be modded to make defense in whatever form it takes to be an auto-win which can not be countered, but there are enough. Movement? Nah, between operators and flying/teleporting/hyper-fast frames this is not an option either.

A new player does not start out that in that state, but too soon you find yourself way, way beyond a power fantasy. It is impossible to make anything challenging in the current mess without taking away just about all our toys. You have encounters like Nihil or missions like OV because what other options are left? And of course people complain about grinding, even if, honestly, WF doesn't have many long grinds besides focus schools, but what makes it imho aggravating is that at the current power-level there simply is no longer a game to engage with, just the grind. 

Yeah, sure, I can nerf myself by playing solo, not using the 'right' frame for the mission, avoid using certain mods and the S-Tier weapons, etc. I do that, of course, but seriously, I shouldn't have to, at least not to this ridiculous extent. Tighten up the math so we don't get to bazillion dps, fix the energy economy, some of the wilder hard CC's and invulnerability strategies.

To reiterate: games can be engaging at least, challenging at times even, no matter what you bring, and still be a power fantasy where you can plow through hordes of opponents. 

Gerade eben schrieb GrazzHopper:

Than this conversation is not for you, It is in the players right to add constructive criticism to a game especially if they have a significant time investment in said game.

You don't decide about my contributions in a public discussion.

The "players" can criticize whatever they want. And I can criticize the players for that as long as I want. Shared space.

Have a nice day 🙂

1 hour ago, GrazzHopper said:

Public forum... This conversation is for anyone who wishes to partake.

19 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Some people have already asked for nerfs to acolytes and there's always people in recruit chat asking for help to kill their lich. We're only as strong as our weakest link. 

I honestly dont know if I should laugh or cry regarding that.

18 hours ago, Zimzala said:

Then those players should make the effort to use the tools provided to make their own teams and stop trying to make DE write code to change human behavior, IMO.

And that would change other players dictating the terms of gameplay how exactly? The same players still dictate the gameplay of others since they force you into using the other tool in order to avoid the issue that those players bring in the first place.

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

And that would change other players dictating the terms of gameplay how exactly? The same players still dictate the gameplay of others since they force you into using the other tool in order to avoid the issue that those players bring in the first place.

How, exactly, is another player 'forcing' you to 'do' anything?

Are they at your home with a sword at your throat?

If you use the tools you have to avoid players you do not want to play with, then IME, you don't end up being 'forced' into doing anything.

Why would you give your personal agency in a video game to another player?

The mainline of this thinking, IMO, is this idea that some magical game code, be it balance, filters, whatever, will magically make all players think and act exactly the same, we will all be 'equal', kumbaya. That will never happen. Game code cannot do that, IME, after watching game makers try for decades.

For those that bash DE for Every Little Thing, how on earth do those same posters think DE can somehow do something no other game code has ever accomplished?

If there are jerk in a game, I use the tools I have to avoid those jerks. IME, many of the players that yell about these things just enter any ole instance with PuGs and never really try to find the players that they mesh with, and then blame the game for not making their playtime more fun, when they have the tools they need to do that already, but refuse to use them.

Take control of your game time, don't give up your agency to other players. Agree or don't, I am an advocate of Personal Responsibility over trying to tame gamers at scale with code. 

So, IMO, why waste resources on code to change human behavior when IME it never works, and instead introduce more code to allow each player to find and keep 'healthy' relationships in-game?

You cannot code jerks out of a game, but you can make tools to help humans avoid the humans that they do not find fun to play with, IME.

1 hour ago, Zimzala said:

How, exactly, is another player 'forcing' you to 'do' anything?

Are they at your home with a sword at your throat?

If you use the tools you have to avoid players you do not want to play with, then IME, you don't end up being 'forced' into doing anything.

Why would you give your personal agency in a video game to another player?

The mainline of this thinking, IMO, is this idea that some magical game code, be it balance, filters, whatever, will magically make all players think and act exactly the same, we will all be 'equal', kumbaya. That will never happen. Game code cannot do that, IME, after watching game makers try for decades.

For those that bash DE for Every Little Thing, how on earth do those same posters think DE can somehow do something no other game code has ever accomplished?

If there are jerk in a game, I use the tools I have to avoid those jerks. IME, many of the players that yell about these things just enter any ole instance with PuGs and never really try to find the players that they mesh with, and then blame the game for not making their playtime more fun, when they have the tools they need to do that already, but refuse to use them.

Take control of your game time, don't give up your agency to other players. Agree or don't, I am an advocate of Personal Responsibility over trying to tame gamers at scale with code. 

So, IMO, why waste resources on code to change human behavior when IME it never works, and instead introduce more code to allow each player to find and keep 'healthy' relationships in-game?

You cannot code jerks out of a game, but you can make tools to help humans avoid the humans that they do not find fun to play with, IME.

We arent talking about perfect equality, we are simply talking about some form of balance, which WF really has none of at all. So we are forced into extra hoops in order to avoid the insane imbalance of the game that may turn a mission in to a drying paint exhibition for 3 out of 4 members.

And several games have previously solved this, since there are few games out there that allows for things that wipe out whole maps in the press of a button, or where you can repeatedly AoE with zero resource management.

I know some will say "this isnt D3 with a handfull of classes, it is impossible to balance a roster of 45 frames!", nope it isnt, since Marvel Heroes proved it was very possible to balance a roster of near 70(!) heroes of different archetypes in a arpg with high mob density. They also managed to not only balance the offense, they did it to defense aswell, while leaving the game "challenging" and worthwhile at the same time. They also at the same time managed to solve levels gaps for lowbie areas where max leveled and max geared heroes roamed together with lowbies at times.

Most of the things in WF are brilliant and well made, balance however is an utter joke since it just isnt there at all. It doesnt matter if it is regarding offense or defense capabilities, the gaps are just too damn wide between the frames and weapons. And I think it is flawed to say "every little thing" when we are on a very specific subject here, a thing that is a serious issue for the game, if not the most serious issue atm.

And of course you cannot code jerks out of the game, but we arent saying that a Saryn player is a jerk player, they just use a flawed imbalanced system to solve the task at hand. DE can code a system that makes Saryn less common and less intrusive for the whole group when used. Range, lack of resource management and so on are the things that need changes aswell as bringing more weapons and weapon classes on par with eachother.

18 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

We arent talking about perfect equality, we are simply talking about some form of balance, which WF really has none of at all. So we are forced into extra hoops in order to avoid the insane imbalance of the game that may turn a mission in to a drying paint exhibition for 3 out of 4 members.

And several games have previously solved this, since there are few games out there that allows for things that wipe out whole maps in the press of a button, or where you can repeatedly AoE with zero resource management.

I know some will say "this isnt D3 with a handfull of classes, it is impossible to balance a roster of 45 frames!", nope it isnt, since Marvel Heroes proved it was very possible to balance a roster of near 70(!) heroes of different archetypes in a arpg with high mob density. They also managed to not only balance the offense, they did it to defense aswell, while leaving the game "challenging" and worthwhile at the same time. They also at the same time managed to solve levels gaps for lowbie areas where max leveled and max geared heroes roamed together with lowbies at times.

Most of the things in WF are brilliant and well made, balance however is an utter joke since it just isnt there at all. It doesnt matter if it is regarding offense or defense capabilities, the gaps are just too damn wide between the frames and weapons. And I think it is flawed to say "every little thing" when we are on a very specific subject here, a thing that is a serious issue for the game, if not the most serious issue atm.

And of course you cannot code jerks out of the game, but we arent saying that a Saryn player is a jerk player, they just use a flawed imbalanced system to solve the task at hand. DE can code a system that makes Saryn less common and less intrusive for the whole group when used. Range, lack of resource management and so on are the things that need changes aswell as bringing more weapons and weapon classes on par with eachother.

So the game could use some tweaks, no game is perfect.

We simply disagree as to what we find fun and what the game 'must do' or is 'serious'.

I have played other GaaS games with the a power fantasy basis and seen the same arguments. Some people just like games to be more predictable, IMO, than WF is.

I have no issue with the game being tweaked and changed, I love that. I would love for it to change more often, like Rivens getting re-dispoed each day, etc.

I do not agree, that in a co-op game, where teaming is non-forced, ultimately not needed to clear content, and certainly not with PuGs, that what is desired as 'balanced' by some players is as necessary as some posters think for the game to thrive and survive. I accept that there are always 'outliers' in GaaS games that can be tweaked, that just happens.

What you and others see as a 'serious issue' I see as one of the fun 'gems' of WF. I can agree if a player 'hates' teaming with Saryn, or any other type of player, allowing them access to the tools to do that is a good idea. We have those tools, because I use them today.

If you just jump in PuGs in games all day long in WF, you get the real RNG of gaming. IMO, each of us has the ability to stop doing that and therefore eliminate what some players seem to find offensive, which is simply other people having fun in a way they don't like.

Since every change will create another meta, while I do not think changes are bad, nothing will ever please those intent on finding flaws.

I have yet to see a GaaS game that does not have a never-ending chorus of players that think the 'balance' is not correct, or that other players 'should' or 'should not' be 'allowed' to do things, etc., the whining never ends, so why waste resources to chase something that cannot be caught?

PS: What I have seen for years, is extroverts wanting heavily populated games with instant teams so they can feel like they are playing the 'right' game and when teams they 'approve of' are not to be found in the random PuGs, they blame the game.

51 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

PS: What I have seen for years, is extroverts wanting heavily populated games with instant teams so they can feel like they are playing the 'right' game and when teams they 'approve of' are not to be found in the random PuGs, they blame the game.

But that isnt at all the case. This isnt about approving certain setups etc. this is about certain things just being extremely imbalanced and turning the game into passivity when you happen to end up with those picks in a group. And that is the games fault since the power creep has ran rampant with nothing to bring it back in line. The issue is more tied to the frames though since the weapons doesnt have near the same impact, with weapons it is more on a personal level where there just isnt really a point bringing an AR due to the game having high density and is best suited for AoE options. Though all ranged weapons could be easily made more viable by simply getting native punch through.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

But that isnt at all the case. This isnt about approving certain setups etc. this is about certain things just being extremely imbalanced and turning the game into passivity when you happen to end up with those picks in a group. And that is the games fault since the power creep has ran rampant with nothing to bring it back in line. The issue is more tied to the frames though since the weapons doesnt have near the same impact, with weapons it is more on a personal level where there just isnt really a point bringing an AR due to the game having high density and is best suited for AoE options. Though all ranged weapons could be easily made more viable by simply getting native punch through.

You end up with those 'picks' in a group because you did not do your due diligence and expend effort to make sure you are not grouping with playstyles you don't like.

You sound out some good thoughts, IMO, generally on the forum, but using 'by simply' shows you still fall into fallacy holes, it's not 'just that easy' and I think you know that.

What you see as a negative with power creep and other things, those that enjoy the power fantasy see as a positive. I realize to some players this is terrible, horrible, un-WF, and all sorts of 'serious' other things, but this is not a PvP game with rankings and tournaments. I don't see an issue if I feel like being Superman today and Louis Lane tomorrow, depending on my mood.

You can be convinced this will ruin and kill the game, feel free, I am not convinced it will based on past and present experience.

If you keep joining random teams, then you will keep getting random results. As I have stated, better automated match-making would be nice, IMO, but I don't want the kind of changes to 'balance' I see proposed if the whole reason is just that some players don't like it when other players clean the room faster, since they can avoid those players if they make an effort to do so.

I realize that many players feel they 'should' not have to do that and want to place that entirely on the game, whereas I advocate a more personally involved approach to solving problems.

If one quits the game because they don't like it when they join PuGs and other players clear the map faster, then IME, that player will have the same issue in any co-op/MMO type GaaS game I have ever played.

If one does not like that there are always statistical outliers that 'meta slaves' will always be un-able to resist using, and one never wants to see them in groups, then again, I cannot see that player being happy in any GaaS game I have ever played.

DE cannot write code to solve this issue, IMO/IME, any more than any other GaaS game provider.

Can DE improve the game? Sure, but it's their lens, it's their idea of improvement, it's their idea of what they want their world to be, it's their idea of how things balance against one another that matters, IMO. You can like it, complain about it, claim they can do better, claim they cannot, w/e, at the end of the day, I'll take what they build and have fun playing it, over trying to convince them, and other players, DE 'did it wrong'.

Archived